Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Karneval
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 1, 2014 7:28 AM

Nov 2012
So, Funimation has announced the Karneval Dub and gave a trailer. Not quite sure if it is an April Fools' Joke, but the voices are just terrible. Greg Aryes as Gareki? Jesus, I almost puked at the sound of how his voice sounded. I'll stick to Kamiya.

Here is the cast:
GAREKI Greg Ayres
NAI Sean Michael Teague
YOGI Christopher Bevins
TSUKUMO Jād Saxton
HIRATO Ian Sinclair
TSUKITACHI J. Michael Tatum
KAROKU Vic Mignogna
AKARI David Matranga
IVA Jessica Cavanagh
JIKI Aaron Dismuke
KIICHI Alison Viktorin
AZANA Jerry Jewell
ELESKA Tia Ballard
URO Brandon Potter
PALNEDO R Bruce Elliott
KIHARU Jason Liebrecht
KAGIRI Tyson Rinehart
MINÉ Anastasia Muñoz

CREW

ADR Director – Christopher Bevins
ADR Engineer – Kevin Leasure

Here is the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_yt8yYeo0c

Tell me what you think!
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Apr 1, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
I just saw this preview ,woah on my ears I say this is horrible dub,omg what did they do to Gareki voice?!
Yogi and Nai sound horrible
Apr 1, 2014 11:57 AM

Nov 2012
RosyXkid said:
I just saw this preview ,woah on my ears I say this is horrible dub,omg what did they do to Gareki voice?!
I know! They made him sound so idiotic >.< Everyone sounds downright horrible.

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Apr 1, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2010
SnazzGary said:
RosyXkid said:

Nai is sappose to be adorable
Gareki the tough guy voice yet soft
Yogi omg what have they done too you,so adorable in Japanese.
JĀd as Tsukumo I have to re watch it.
Apr 1, 2014 5:48 PM

Nov 2012
RosyXkid said:
SnazzGary said:
RosyXkid said:

Nai is sappose to be adorable
Gareki the tough guy voice yet soft
Yogi omg what have they done too you,so adorable in Japanese.
JĀd as Tsukumo I have to re watch it.

I know. And what makes it worse is it's not an April Fools' Joke. I think they are going to premiere the trailer/dub at some event. :/

Apr 2, 2014 7:07 AM

Oct 2009
I really hope it's April Fools, that is for Gareki's voice. The rest are good, though Yogi's acting was a bit off at one part.
Apr 2, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2012
Vongole said:
I really hope it's April Fools, that is for Gareki's voice. The rest are good, though Yogi's acting was a bit off at one part.

Sadly, Tis not a joke, I fear. I think they are going to premiere it at some anime convention or something. They said it on their Facebook.

And...
Yogi needed to be more lively.
Nai should have had a more softer, cuter tone.
Hirato....Nnn, he is "ok".
Karoku was really the only "good" one.
Didn't hear much of Tsukumo, nor Akari, so I just have to wait for them...hopefully they don't ruin those characters as well Q-Q.

I mean, Ganta Igarashi, the annoying guy from DW for cool guy Gareki? *screams* lol

Apr 2, 2014 9:07 AM

Oct 2009
SnazzGary said:

Sadly, Tis not a joke, I fear. I think they are going to premiere it at some anime convention or something. They said it on their Facebook.

And...
Didn't hear much of Tsukumo, nor Akari, so I just have to wait for them...hopefully they don't ruin those characters as well Q-Q.

I mean, Ganta Igarashi, the annoying guy from DW for cool guy Gareki? *screams* lol

Hirato is the guy with black hair and glasses right? I like his voice the most actually; I keep replaying his part in the trailer lol

Aww I was hoping the dubbed version would rekindle my want to watch the anime since I tend to avoid watching anime adaptations from shojo mangas. Cos the manga is always better :D
Apr 2, 2014 11:03 AM

Nov 2012
Vongole said:
SnazzGary said:

And...

Hirato is the guy with black hair and glasses right? I like his voice the most actually; I keep replaying his part in the trailer lol

Aww I was hoping the dubbed version would rekindle my want to watch the anime since I tend to avoid watching anime adaptations from shojo mangas. Cos the manga is always better :D

Yes, the one with glasses is Hirato lol

And, I'm confused about the shoujo part...where exactly is the shoujo? o.o

And yes, the manga is better. Things are getting interesting, too.

Apr 2, 2014 4:10 PM

Oct 2009
SnazzGary said:
Vongole said:
SnazzGary said:

And...

I just want to make sure we're talking abt the same guy hehe

Yeah my bad. Karneval is actually josei. I assumed Karneval was serialized in the same magazine as UraBoku(shoujo) since they are both similar and involve a lot of bishies surrounding a duo. But yeah, anime adaptations from shojo and josei mangas tend to over-emphasize the bishieness of the characters and the male-to-male interactions (aka shonen-ai moments) which I like to an extent but those moments get tiresome sometimes. Which is why I prefer the manga.
Apr 2, 2014 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
Vongole said:
SnazzGary said:
Vongole said:
SnazzGary said:

And...

I just want to make sure we're talking abt the same guy hehe

Yeah my bad. Karneval is actually josei. I assumed Karneval was serialized in the same magazine as UraBoku(shoujo) since they are both similar and involve a lot of bishies surrounding a duo. But yeah, anime adaptations from shojo and josei mangas tend to over-emphasize the bishieness of the characters and the male-to-male interactions (aka shonen-ai moments) which I like to an extent but those moments get tiresome sometimes. Which is why I prefer the manga.

haha lol I love the interactions between the male characters, but I don't ship them like most.

Apr 2, 2014 8:40 PM

Aug 2011
SnazzGary said:

GAREKI Greg Ayres

I stopped there.
Apr 2, 2014 8:53 PM

Nov 2012
Sv3rr3 said:
SnazzGary said:

GAREKI Greg Ayres

I stopped there.

I was so disappointed in the casting. Especially Gareki... And you can see why.

Apr 7, 2014 12:32 AM

Mar 2014
When I heard Funi was dubbing Karneval, I was so excited! But after watching the trailer I'm disappointed. Half of the voices sound wrong.. Nai sounds like Dobby from Harry Potter, Greg Ayers made me cringe, and I'm not to thrilled with Yogi's voice (especially Silver!Yogi's tone, it just doesn't sit well with me). I personally think Ian Sinclair would've made a perfect Yogi. I do look forward to hearing Jad Saxton as Tsukumo tho. Funi's to focused on Attack on Titan right now. Then again it is a popular series and Karneval.. Not so much.

I'll be watching the first few episodes dubbed but if it the voices don't get better.. I'll switch back over to subs.
Apr 12, 2014 5:06 PM
Mar 2014
i hate the voices for every single character i wont be watching this
Apr 12, 2014 5:11 PM

Jun 2012
Oh god Gareki, just keep your mouth shut and it'll be tolerable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2013

90 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 14, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2013

120 by senekohan »»
Sep 24, 2022 10:37 AM

» Possibe Season 2 (considered)

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2013

12 by FurkanTurin12 »»
Aug 2, 2022 7:30 AM

» Karneval, why u no have season 2?!

Kitty-Kate - May 9, 2019

5 by Femuwu »»
May 16, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

60 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 23, 2021 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.