Forum Settings
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2014 11:18 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah so the journey towards Russia begins. Nice. This volume highlights all the main protagonists (excluding Misaka I think). And damn looking back now, Accelerator changed so much just based on his moments on that train with Last Order. Lessar also returns and what the hell is she doing with Touma? Lmao.

Mm, Fiamma vs. Touma this volume interesting. His entrance was kinda surprising with this:
“That’s true. You’re much too late if you’re still strategizing at this stage,” said a sudden male voice.
I’m surprised Vento of the Front entered this fight too but is now against Fiamma. Shame she didn’t stand a chance along with the others to defeat. Meanwhile, I see that Misaka Worst made her debut. Those words she speaks definitely has a taunting factor on Accelerator. Damn.
I also see that Accelerator vs Touma again and I’m not surprised he is beaten. I think this turns him into a full face with this latest defeat especially after he says this:

“Why couldn’t a hero like you just die?! If you die, then everything can finally break apaaaaaaaaaaart!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Really nice opening stages for this war arc so far imo since it focuses on many characters getting involved now.
Jun 15, 2016 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
Lmao I love Lessar so much ミ(◠︿◠ ; )彡

Really loved this volume. Accelerator's character has improved so much that I'm kind of moved to tears. :') Hamazura too lol.

Next volume will be pretty interesting.
May 24, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2013
Lessar is a really fun character.

Fiamma is too op right now. I don't see anyone being able to defeat him atm.

Misaka Worst triggered the wrong dude. Accelerator's rage well done. As always Touma solved everything with a few punches to the face. It was strange not having the fight from his perspective.

Even Mikoto is going to Russia now? I like how so many characters are getting involved in this arc.
Jan 10, 2019 2:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
G_Spark233 said:
Lessar is a really fun character.

Fiamma is too op right now. I don't see anyone being able to defeat him atm.

Misaka Worst triggered the wrong dude. Accelerator's rage well done. As always Touma solved everything with a few punches to the face. It was strange not having the fight from his perspective.

Even Mikoto is going to Russia now? I like how so many characters are getting involved in this arc.

I was initially hyped for Lessar, but honestly, with her it is always more of the same kind of joke, so I was overjoyed to see the return of Misaka having more screentime, and seems this will only extend over the last 2 volumes.~

The first volume with all the 3 protagonists on it... honestly my ONLY, BIG, complay towards this arc so far is that it seems to take at length around 10 days, YET Kazuma only focus on the last day/days.
That for me is kinda wasting it, I wanted to see it progressing from the very start, see the passage of days, the various sides of war as the cast goes into the epicenter of the conflict, and putting all of that is just a single last day, or less than 48 hours plot... I was expecting this arc to to extend for some days at least, and you could really feel the passage of time and the worstening of the conflict itself, meh.

Fiamma vs Vento was unexpected, and seriously this guy seems too OP, to the point it almost loses credibility and feels more like asspulls, suddently out of nowhere etc etc.

Mikasa Worst vs Acellerator was a major highlight for me, enough said, Acellerator really had its values and identity broken to the core, to the point it was even more meaningfull seeing Touma again like that, it is kinda interesting their second meeting was like that, another highlight too.

Hamazura was IMO the weakest link here, at the beggining I was feeling it, but that russian-pirates conflict was a bit boring, yet ended on a high note with Acqua making that aweesome appearence!

Alot of PoV on this volume, and that ending was really well done IMO and got me pumped to keep going, the cover for 21 promises reading Hamazura next chapter will be awesome (both Mugino and Misaka highjacking like that, BADASS).
Despite the negatives, a really nice arc so far, to end OT.
Sep 13, 2020 7:20 PM

Mar 2019
Another great volume with interesting developments, seems WW3 has finally broken out, and the protagonists have some part to do with it.

The highlight for me was Touma and Accelerator battle, it was hype as heck.

The next volume really looks like it will also be very interesting, so I have high hopes. (Especially with Mugino and Misaka appearance in Russia)

Feb 14, 2021 7:50 AM

Jan 2017
The Accel vs Misaka Worst battle is so dirty, really glad Accel managed to keep her alive albeit barely

Though was really surprised that Touman punched the shit out of Accel for the 2nd time, this serious scene felt hilarious for me

Best boi Hamazura can do no wrong, even if he plans to rob a gas station he ended up helping the clerk to get rid of robbers

holy shit that epilogue, even Mugino and Kazakiri are joining?!
May 8, 2021 5:34 AM

Jul 2017
Thought this was a fairly decent volume, a big improvement from the British Royal Family arc which sucked. But I also feel like for a World War arc, the setup here felt lackluster compared to what it could and should be. At least the Touma vs Accelerator and Misaka Worst vs Accelerator stuff was good, and the events at hand really does make the whole arc feel more important to the grand schemes of the story compared to the previous arcs. A lot was going on since the book had 3 protagonists to focus on so it was a bit chaotic to follow at times, but for the most part, it was decently handled (although the star for the past couple of volumes, Hamazura, his portion was easily the weakest here).

With Mugino arriving soon to confront Hamazura again, Mikoto Misaka finding out that Touma's in the middle of the warzone and wanting to help him out and much more to take place, this volume did a solid job as a setup for the next 2 volumes. Only major complaint is because this is such an important arc and its a World War, wish the actual story felt much more like a World War in comparison to what I'm getting here, which is not anywhere near as tense or meaningful compared to an actual World War, and maybe another volume to set the whole thing up before just getting to the big fights and twists and also act as slow buildup could have been more beneficial too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 2 Discussion

-DxP- - Feb 25

1 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 20, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 03 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 22, 2018

5 by -DxP- »»
Apr 13, 8:41 AM

» 20th Anniversary discussion

khoisharky - Apr 9

3 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 10, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 01 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 10, 2018

6 by -DxP- »»
Jan 7, 4:54 AM

» What is different about new testament?

Igreja - Nov 24, 2022

5 by nyugvo6 »»
Dec 13, 2023 11:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.