Forum Settings
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2014 7:49 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Looks like this volume concludes the English Civil War arc. Carissa and her ambitions are a bit far stretched tbh. So I guess Touma also knows a little bit about Fiamma of the Right’s plans since Acqua explained it to him. The question now is how to stop him and protect himself and Index. Pretty sure Touma also owes Misaka a favor since she did help him in this volume. Inb4 another punishment date

The battle between Carissa and Touma feels a bit flat though imo. But the overall arc itself has a good balance to it between the ideologies and clash of egos. Good thing she failed though after the combined efforts of Kaori, Acqua, Touma, and Eliza. This wasn’t my favorite arc overall but I think it’s critical to progress the story.

Damn, the epilogue is in tense in this volume. Fimma finally meets Touma after toying with Carissa for a bit. As leader of the God's Right Seat, I expect this guy to be immensely powerful. Looks like he got himself a new toy too...Index ;_;

Very interesting epilogue imo there. I think this definitely sets forth to the next arc.
Apr 19, 2016 6:08 PM

May 2013
This volumes picks up right after where the last one left off.

Quite an epic fight there between Acqua and Knight Leader with Acqua even overcoming the Thororm spell.

Looks like Misaka might want Touma to go on another date with her in return for her helping him out lol. The little battle in the subway was okay. Index was surprisingly quite useful here and during the events leading to this little battle lol.

The bombardment of Buckingham Palace and the magicians being separated cuz of Carissa launching dimensional wreckage at them was pretty intense. And then Touma comes face to face with Carissa and gets completely fucked up.

Nobody was a match for her though, not even a direct explosion from Coven Compass's great magic. Pretty crazy when she used a bunker cluster missile on the area to mess everybody up.

We find out her true long term objective though which included getting rid of an absolute monarchy and all traces of Curtana. So she did have some good intentions despite all the tyranny.

Then the Knights come in, Knight Leader, Acqua, and even Elizard with many English citizens in order to save Carissa. The whole scene with the Union Jack spell to empower the citizens was pretty dope. They worked together, Index created an opening, and Touma was launched with the help of Acqua towards Carissa destroying Curtana Original and defeating Carissa.

The epilogue was probably the best part of this volume. Like holy shit Fiamma appears and stole a spiritual item that controls Index wow... He leaves off to Russia though with plans to call down an angel and the scene switches over to Sasha which he must be after. Vasilisa buys her time and then Vento appears to help Sasha escape Russia.

Looks like Touma is gonna go to Russia now in order to defeat Fiamma. This is getting pretty damn good.
May 15, 2017 7:06 PM

Dec 2013
Acqua of the back vs Knight Leader was the highlight of this arc for me.

Carissa was op taking on so many powerful fighters! I really liked her motivations.

I'm looking forward to Touma punching Fiamma in the face.
Dec 21, 2018 1:58 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
G_Spark233 said:
Acqua of the back vs Knight Leader was the highlight of this arc for me.

Carissa was op taking on so many powerful fighters! I really liked her motivations.

I'm looking forward to Touma punching Fiamma in the face.

For me the highlight was Acqua, Kaori, Knight Leader (why the fuck no personal name given to this bro?!?) versus Carissa, that was it for me, Acqua vs Knight Leader was kinda boring at times, I think Index LN series fights usually only shine with Accelerator, Touma has some good ones, BUT alot of them end being a bit more boring to read, or my imagination just isnt up to par and I dont care and just want to read the next one.

This arc was far better than the festival one around 9-10 volume but would probably end up feel less dragged here and there if it was all release in one single a bit larger volume, there were rather quite some most mundane or just meh moments here too, and this was development the Royal Family needed and all, but I wasnt that much invested in the coup de etaut to begin with it (Carissa is rather hot, Vivian is cute, and 1st princess also has some rather good looks on the anime, she looks WEIRD on the LN).

No Lessar this volume was a down, but we had Misaka~~
And now that we had all this development to the British rulers, I m expecting them to appear again later on.

Fiamma appeared out of nowhere, like "What's up bra. Just chilling and came here to rob something, to fuck with your harem and all, just crossing--"
Then Touma gets all macho and all, well Carissa still has some redeeming traits to herself so yeah.

I love Accel and all, but I wanted to read WWIII right away, I have always though this arc would be amazing when I heard it was the final one on the LN, since many years ago, but now I have to read something else?!
I wanted to read Acell arc after, Battle Royale!! I know it is supposed to be great and I will sure love it, but GOD...
Hate when the plot ends on a cliffhanger and you are really invested into it, solely to have to jump to another side again.

Game of Throne books, aka Song of Fire and Ice series, did this alot, and sometimes I would just skip to read a bit of what happened to the character next time.
Too late since I already started Dragon arc though.
Feb 2, 2021 4:32 AM

Jan 2017
First of all, damn this was a thick volume (and feels longer than the 2 Daihaisei vols)

Secondly, while I'm not really that fond of the British Monarch cast, I appreciate that they're fleshed-out characters and Carissa's not a "villain of the week". Carissa's motives to
revolutionize is almost justifiable if not for her lack of understanding of the typical British layman

Thirdly, the fights were epic though. Both Willem@Acqua vs Knight Leader and ESPECIALLY the final fight between almost everyone vs Carissa was such a page-turner. Acqua assisting Touma without needing a single word gave me chills

But highlight of this vol for me is the epilogue, like WTF Fiamma almost stealing Index, WTF at Sasha abandoning the Russian faction. I'm so hyped already for the next arc
May 7, 2021 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
Kanzaki helping out Touma and repaying her debt in a way more suited to her style was probably the only thing I really cared for in this volume. The politics in this series are just so dumb for me to believe even a bit of, and now this shit's leading to a World War arc. So corny. Even the action as a whole falls flat, especially the battles with Carissa involved. The epilogue didn't interest me that much either but at least it promises for big events to happen in the upcoming volume so hopefully that's a lot better. This wasn't that good for me, not even that fun to read.

And the way this series still handles foreign characters is ridiculous. The princesses/queen and other people who are British in this series don't feel British whatsoever. It's not like I'm seeing this in anime form since I'm reading this so I should be able to perfectly imagine normal British people here but I just can't with the way they were written, presented as Japanese-like characters that I see all the time. That goes to most people in general actually the more I think about it, quite amazing how bland the characters really are as well as the settings to go along with them.
animejasMay 7, 2021 10:02 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 03 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 22, 2018

6 by KitsuFrost »»
Yesterday, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 2 Discussion

-DxP- - Feb 25

1 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 20, 2:44 PM

» 20th Anniversary discussion

khoisharky - Apr 9

3 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 10, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 01 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 10, 2018

6 by -DxP- »»
Jan 7, 4:54 AM

» What is different about new testament?

Igreja - Nov 24, 2022

5 by nyugvo6 »»
Dec 13, 2023 11:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.