Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 31, 2014 12:48 AM

Mar 2014
you guys will probably want me dead after reading this.

I've never read the manga so i'll be talking about the anime only. I read in posts that the anime never followed the manga (sucks when they do that)

Anyways, i just finished watching black butler season 1 and it was kinda fun to watch. There were some pretty funny stuff but sadly, the anime didn't get me motivated enough to watch it... what i'm trying to say is that each episode didn't get me all excited. it wasn't boring (or maybe a little) but i guess each episode didn't get me asking for more or wonder what happens next. Frankly, i wanted to just drop it. The only reason i kept watching was because i make it a point to always finish what i started, and because sebastian's hot.

black butler was pretty popular so i thought it might be good, but i guess i'm a little disappointed.

i didn't dislike it or anything, it was ok, i enjoyed some episodes, and i loved the three servants and that weird old man, tanaka-san,.. just the story is lacking.

The first season was tolerable (sorry, i don't know what other word to use but something like that)... and then there's season 2. i thought the first episode was pretty interesting, and then i went and watched the second episode, and gods, what the hell!? i thought the part where the food sebastian prepared were replaced with live animals was pretty funny, but aside from that... yeah, like i said, what the hell!? the characters were annoying, especially lizzy, and i'm sorry but i'm including ciel. how am i supposed to like an anime in which i dislike even the main character? I'm really sorry to those who loves this anime, i'm not a hater, but this is just what i honestly think. will this anime get better at all? i've only watched 2 episodes and i just don't see any point in watching it anymore. in all my years of watching anime, it looks like this is gonna be the first time i'm not going to finish an anime because i find it sucks. i know it's not in the manga, but i don't really have time to read unless it's something i really reeeeallly like, or if it's yaoi.

so, to sum it up, i'm saying i like the season 1 but not that much, and so far, after watching 2 episodes, i think i hate the season 2 (not as a hater who only hates for the sake of hating, but i just can't bring myself to like what i just watched). what do you guys think, are the other episodes gonna get better? should i give it a chance and continue watching? coz i only have like 1 and a half hour a day to watch and there are lots of other anime i could be wasting my time on instead of this.

also, in that occult thingy episode, with the angel, and the cleansing thing, did sebastian really have sex with that girl that looked like a nun in exchange for information? is that in the manga? gods, i hope not!! i kept repeating that scene, looking for something that would suggest that they weren't doing what i think they were doing.

yeah, that's all. please don't kill me.
“Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know.” - Hayao Miyazaki
Apr 2, 2014 1:11 AM

Mar 2014
oh, a third season? well i really hope they follow the manga this time.. i want to skip the second season but when i don't finish an anime, it's like there's an itch somewhere. since i'm not getting much answers, i guess i'll just watch one more episode. but if i saw a glimpse of lizzy in there, i think i'm gonna puke. I read somewhere that in the manga, she's supposed to be some badass sword fighter (dunno how to hide spoilers), what has the anime done to her? or is she just as annoying in the manga, even with the sword fighting thing? i really need to see her in a better light.
HalliSveinssonApr 2, 2014 1:55 AM
“Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know.” - Hayao Miyazaki
Apr 6, 2014 4:16 PM
Mar 2014
pfft, nope :P it's good, what are you talking about? X3
Apr 6, 2014 10:31 PM

Mar 2014
hmm... well, if that's what you think, i don't wanna argue.

thing is, i really am trying to like the anime. i watched all the episodes of the first season even though i didn't enjoy it all that much, hoping for something that would change my opinion of it. i hate to think i wasted my time.. i guess with all the talk and all the fan girls, my expectation got a little high and was not met.. and so now i'm not satisfied. don't get me wrong, i like the art and the humor, but like i said, it didn't get me all excited to wonder what happens next. maybe if the anime followed the manga i'd have enjoyed it more. i'll definitely check out the third season though.
May 13, 2014 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
orithyea said:
The third season of Kuroshitsuji will be following the manga. If you found the first season tolerable and ignore all the angel business then you might enjoy it. Also, indeed, it was blatantly implied that Sebastian slept with the girl. Iirc, it wasn't in the manga.

Skip the second season and burn the memory of the two episodes from your mind.

I didn't like the angel business. ;n;
May 16, 2014 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
Story plot is not suck!
Second season is original xP
May 18, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah, it does kind of suck. I would have rated it lower if not for the decent episodes mixed in with shitty ones.

I'm gonna start on the second season now. Wish me luck.

And yes, I'm also going to watch the third season.
Jun 24, 2014 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
Apparently, the makers got "the green light" to redo the show, and fix things that were different than the manga. I agree that the manga is way better, it always is in my opinion. I really love the show though. It was my perfect little blend of action and dark humor. And yes, Sebby had sex with that nun. That is all. lol

music is life...
May 7, 2015 6:13 PM

Sep 2010
How different could the manga be? I consider BB one of the mediocre supernatural series from Japan.
Dec 28, 2015 4:32 PM

Dec 2015
Both seasons were terrible. I think you SHOULD read the manga.
Jun 19, 2016 5:15 AM
Jun 2016
I kind of fell in love with the characters, not the plot. I am on episode 4 of season 2 and it kinda sucks since SPOILER: Ciel doesn't even know anything about Grell and all that. END SPOILER However, I will say it does get better in Book of Circus because I kind of accidentally watched it before finishing Kuroshitsuji season 1. I was introduced to it through the manga because my boyfriend's sister gave it to him for his birhday, but I never actually read it. The only reason I really like Kuroshitsuji is because of how hot Sebastian is and all his cool tricks made me fall in love. They get better than ever in Book of Circus, but Book of Murder is just barely above Kuroshitsuji season 2 barely, right down there with it if you ask me. I didn't watch that much, though. I found it boring. I hear they're coming out with Book of Atlantis and Snake is in it because SPOILER: he didn't die in the fire END SPOILER
Jul 10, 2016 6:10 AM
Feb 2016
@HalliSveinsson
maybe its too late but if you watch s2, you maybe will drop this entire anime, s3 is really, really good tho(follow manga). And the movie is. For lizzy, she will appear in movie along with that badass. She is becoming annoying for reasons, tho. But if you see her other side, then you maybe like her.
Jul 10, 2016 7:10 AM

May 2012
Watch Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus and then Kuroshitsuji: Book of Murder

It is way better than the original one
Dec 14, 2020 11:42 AM
Dec 2020
i don't really think so because the plot is really good like 13 year old child selling his soul for revenge of the murder of his parents and for the people who hurt him and watchdog for the queen in the 1880's like you don't find that interesting?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SlaughterChichi - Mar 26, 2009

317 by Elyshion »»
Mar 26, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Iiotoko - Mar 21, 2009

93 by Elyshion »»
Mar 26, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

105 by Elyshion »»
Mar 26, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 25, 2009

97 by pendr4gonz »»
Mar 17, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Takai - Jan 17, 2009

80 by pendr4gonz »»
Mar 12, 2:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.