Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 31, 2014 1:09 AM

Aug 2012
Awesome can't wait
Mar 31, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
Interesting. I'm imagining this to turn into another ecchi manga though. He sure likes to work hard though doesn't he?
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Mar 31, 2014 1:52 AM

Aug 2013
This is just... Hiro is the most amazing mangaka i know of
"he that chooses his own path needs no map" - queen kristina of Sweden
Mar 31, 2014 1:56 AM

Oct 2013
Good news!
Mar 31, 2014 2:24 AM

Jul 2007
samesdday said:
Filler material is ready for the new season.

Great

Filler would imply that its either non-canon or made specifficaly to prolong the storyline.

Backstory of characters is a crucial part of narrative and calling it "filler" is outright ignorant.

YorozuyaGinSan said:
Surprised this is being positively recieved. What sets Mavis apart from any other stock character?

Because she is from the time in the storyline we KNOW least about. Because she lived during time when

Its got less to do with who she is as character and more with in WHICH timespan that happens.
Mar 31, 2014 2:44 AM

Jun 2013
Good news. Looking foward to it. It still amuses me how some people hate FT, but still read it (for whatever reason they read it).
Mar 31, 2014 2:46 AM

Dec 2012
Ahh. Damn. I wanted a romance manga.

I can't say I'm interested in this, seems better if he would just do it in the original manga, since it's not like he has a plot to maintain. It can be added and be relevant to one of the next arcs, most of them feel like spin off adventures of the guild anyway.
Mar 31, 2014 3:14 AM
Dec 2013
Tyrantarmy6 said:
Interesting. I'm imagining this to turn into another ecchi manga though. He sure likes to work hard though doesn't he?

must be the ecchi erza that makes him work hard ;)
Mar 31, 2014 3:22 AM
Jan 2014
I really like Mavis, so I'm very curious about this one.
Mar 31, 2014 3:27 AM

May 2013
I hope it will be a good one.
Mar 31, 2014 4:22 AM

Mar 2008
milk it
Mar 31, 2014 4:31 AM

Oct 2009
Wow..FT is popular enough to have its own magazine. I hope the other authors of this magazine don't exploit the ecchi nature of the original manga and get overboard with the fanservice. -.-

On a side note, I like the new designs for the upcoming spring anime. & I gotta say I was surprised to see Aya Hirano reprise her role as Lucy. I guess this means the Haruhi franchise can be rekindled with new seasons & specials now that Aya-san can reprise her role as Haruhi.
Mar 31, 2014 6:07 AM

May 2010
Vongole said:
Wow..FT is popular enough to have its own magazine. I hope the other authors of this magazine don't exploit the ecchi nature of the original manga and get overboard with the fanservice. -.-

On a side note, I like the new designs for the upcoming spring anime. & I gotta say I was surprised to see Aya Hirano reprise her role as Lucy. I guess this means the Haruhi franchise can be rekindled with new seasons & specials now that Aya-san can reprise her role as Haruhi.

I doubt Aya Hirano voicing as Haruhi has anything to do with it getting a sequel/special etc. But agreed, I was surprised too. Nobody can voice Lucy the same way now that the voice has grown in our hearts.
Mar 31, 2014 6:25 AM
Mar 2010
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Surprised this is being positively recieved. What sets Mavis apart from any other stock character?

Same thing that sets Hashirama or Gold Roger apart from any other stock character. An important character of the background of the series that we know little about, who has been involved in important things we know little about.

Vongole said:

Aya Hirano was always able to reprise her role as Haruhi. The limiting factor there is that the series author has released all of two volumes of Haruhi since 2007. For comparison, in that same timeframe, Reki Kawahara has released 16 volumes of Accel World, 14 volumes of Sword Art Online, and 2 volumes of Sword Art Online: Progressive. Mamare Touno has released 8 volumes of Maoyu Mao Yusha, and 7 volumes of Log Horizon. Ryohgo Narita has released 11 volumes of Baccano, 10 volumes of Durarara!, 5 volumes of Etsusa Bridge, and 3 or 4 miscellaneous other volumes.

It should be obvious from that why their publishers are pushing for anime series for them, while Haurhi's publisher is willing to leave the series languishing.
Mar 31, 2014 6:27 AM
May 2012
Stark700 said:
Konik said:
First 2 chapters in one week plus the FT manga special, now they announce FT Zero... That guy is just amazing... Good week for FT fans.

And the anime to soon air in Spring. I'd say, excellent.

The guy is a beast!!!!

bigzzcobzz said:
I was hoping for an hentai spin-off ahahahah

Awesome news, it will be like Magi: Sinbad no Bouken *-*

A hentai spin-off would be cool *^*
Mar 31, 2014 6:32 AM

Oct 2012
That should be interesting. A lot of Fairy Tail is coming. ;D
Mar 31, 2014 6:36 AM
Dec 2013
Let's see how good it turns out. Excited :D
Mar 31, 2014 7:06 AM

Oct 2009
TragicRomance said:

I doubt Aya Hirano voicing as Haruhi has anything to do with it getting a sequel/special etc. But agreed, I was surprised too. Nobody can voice Lucy the same way now that the voice has grown in our hearts.

I agree! :) I think Aya-san's voice suits Lucy to a tee and no other seiyuu can outmatch her imo

GrayArchon said:

Aya Hirano was always able to reprise her role as Haruhi. The limiting factor there is that the series author has released all of two volumes of Haruhi since 2007. For comparison, in that same timeframe, Reki Kawahara has released 16 volumes of Accel World, 14 volumes of Sword Art Online, and 2 volumes of Sword Art Online: Progressive. Mamare Touno has released 8 volumes of Maoyu Mao Yusha, and 7 volumes of Log Horizon. Ryohgo Narita has released 11 volumes of Baccano, 10 volumes of Durarara!, 5 volumes of Etsusa Bridge, and 3 or 4 miscellaneous other volumes.

It should be obvious from that why their publishers are pushing for anime series for them, while Haurhi's publisher is willing to leave the series languishing.

Thanks for the clarification! I really don't know where to find reliable answers to my anime-related questions so I always turn to yahoo answers. The consensus to the discontinuation of the FT anime and Haruhi franchise was cos of Aya-san's scandal. I really thought that was a strange reason, if that was the case.

Slightly OT, now that there are 11 Haruhi novels released currently, there's hope for more Haruhi anime adaptations :D
Mar 31, 2014 7:22 AM
Mar 2010
Vongole said:
Thanks for the clarification! I really don't know where to find reliable answers to my anime-related questions so I always turn to yahoo answers. The consensus to the discontinuation of the FT anime and Haruhi franchise was cos of Aya-san's scandal. I really thought that was a strange reason, if that was the case.

Slightly OT, now that there are 11 Haruhi novels released currently, there's hope for more Haruhi anime adaptations :D

Unfortunately it's not that simple, it's a combination of factors with the author's lack of output being the biggest. Here's a good rundown as to why we aren't getting more Haruhi anime:

http://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/the-reasoning-behind-a-lack-of-haruhi-s3/
Mar 31, 2014 7:23 AM

Sep 2011
Konik said:
First 2 chapters in one week plus the FT manga special, now they announce FT Zero... That guy is just amazing... Good week for FT fans.

Yup, quantity over quality. With 1 chapter a week I'd doubt FT would be any better though.
Which doesn't matter anyway as long as the the fans are pleased
Mar 31, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2008
will pass
Mar 31, 2014 9:56 AM

Jun 2012
ichii_1 said:
Shuhan said:
Will it be terrible?

Better than Pandora Hearts at least, but that doesn't say much :P

That was clever.
Mar 31, 2014 10:01 AM

Mar 2014
Shuhan said:
ichii_1 said:
Shuhan said:
Will it be terrible?

That was clever.

Hurmmm... whatever if it good i support!
Mar 31, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2010
Wohoooo a spinoff!!
I am glad omg!!!
Mar 31, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
Shuhan said:
ichii_1 said:
Shuhan said:
Will it be terrible?

That was clever.

Fairy tail is bottom tier trash while pandora hearts is god tier awesome
Mar 31, 2014 9:08 PM

Sep 2013
Cupquake said:
Shuhan said:
ichii_1 said:
Shuhan said:
Will it be terrible?

That was clever.

Send in Natsu, Erza and Gray and they fix that place in 2 volumes tops.
Elfen Lied favorited in anime and manga :O talk about a paradox.
Apr 1, 2014 12:26 AM

Jun 2012
Fai said:
Filler would imply that its either non-canon or made specifficaly to prolong the storyline.

Backstory of characters is a crucial part of narrative and calling it "filler" is outright ignorant.

If it was cannon, it should have been added to the main story.
Spin-offs are just side stories (see: Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals).
It doesn't seem so crucial to me if its not included in the main "story".

I will even take a wild guess and say that it won't even be backstory, it'll just be some random fanservice story about random things that happened to some random ppl during the past, using Mavis as a guise. Pretty important stuff.

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 2, 2014 7:56 AM
Sep 2008
Orix said:
Instead of "working so hard" to make a lot of chapters per week or to make spin-offs specials etc.. He could spend this time working on the real plot and do less Fan sevice (it already reached an amount where you can say the manga is more fan service than plot)

At least he's a prolific writer unlike some mangaka who always ends putting his series on hiatus.

+1

u know that he have in stock like +6-7 chapters ahead the chapters that are published.
and according to what he said, he was working on FT plot when he still was working on Rave...
so he have his main story ready.
he draws very fast & other mangakas as kubo & oda said confirmed it and said that + his fast drawing he manage save the quality of his work
Apr 2, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2012
ichii_1 said:
Cupquake said:
Shuhan said:
ichii_1 said:
Shuhan said:
Will it be terrible?

That was clever.

Pandora Hearts > Fairy Tail any day of the week m8.
But that has nothing to do with the topic.
Apr 3, 2014 7:30 PM

Apr 2013
ichii_1 said:
Cupquake said:
Shuhan said:
ichii_1 said:
Shuhan said:
Will it be terrible?

That was clever.

Elfen Lied has nothing to do with the fact that Fairy Tail is crap. Also, you're assuming that I add my favorites based on quality of the show, which is not the case. Elfen Lied>Fairy Tail quality wise, though.

Natsu and Gray are some of the most boring shounen protags ever.
Apr 3, 2014 7:46 PM
Dec 2013
So happy that he's making what I've been waiting for.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
1 hour ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 8 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
6 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
7 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.