Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 30, 2014 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
Makusu finally got imprison. I still wonder what's Moyo's true identity is.
Mar 30, 2014 1:22 PM
Mar 2008
VanishingKira said:

Hopefully they don't ruin Gokukoku no Brynhildr next season.

The issue there is the shitty manga it's adapted from.
Mar 30, 2014 2:15 PM

Aug 2012
draker said:
VanishingKira said:

Hopefully they don't ruin Gokukoku no Brynhildr next season.

The issue there is the shitty manga it's adapted from.
It could be a lot worse
Mar 30, 2014 2:31 PM
Nov 2013
The animation is so pretty. It's a shame everything didn't get wrapped up. Anyone know if this bombed in Japan?

5/10 from me, since the concept was interesting.
Mar 30, 2014 2:57 PM
Mar 2014
I was watching this for animation and style art only. They wasted so much good detail on a weak story. I hate this metamolid thing. It's like they want to sell some toys to children. And that frog was a toy too. Meh show.They should stayed in the adult story sense.I like previous works of this animators.
Mar 30, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2012
It was enjoyable, but episode 11 killed the anime for me
I don't know if I'd like to watch a second season
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 30, 2014 5:05 PM

Feb 2014
I absolutely loved this anime, and yet the ending ruined it. It was so rushed, and there are so many unanswered questions? Who's Moyoyon? Did her mom live? Did that guy get a guilty verdict? What is the big case about? I really hope this gets a second season.
~ ビーせんぱい
We stand in awe of that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained.
Mar 30, 2014 5:58 PM
Mar 2012
Admittedly, it was a decent trial. Animations were noticeably awkward in the last episode. And of course, they had to leave it the series in a cliffhanger. Unfortunately, I'm not curious enough to want a second season to find out.
Mar 30, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2008
Great series. 8/10. I just wish they would have let us know if Cecil's mother is in the clear. Given how the trial went, she should be, but with all that WUD hatred, who knows.

Pretty sure Moyo is an incarnation of Lucifer of some sorts, but they should have just said it instead of cutting it off!
Mar 30, 2014 7:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Solkiskey said:
Wow, that end was like a giant fuck you. Fuck this show.

I know right, do they even care about their audience? Although it's been said many times already despite only two pages of comments...this was a waste of time. This was one of the shows that I should've dropped since episode 2-3 because it didn't get any better.
Mar 30, 2014 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
I'm so disappointed. Magic and lawyers? It had so much potential and yet...and yet...gahh! The writing was like it peaked on one episode, dropped in quality, plateau'd there and never recovered.

I was never one to nitpick over animation but episode 11...oh wow. Yeah I think we don't even have to talk about that. It's a taboo topic. Everyone probably felt cheated.

It still had some fun parts though. I especially liked Moyoyon who turned out to be really the most interesting character in the show (but was given so little screen time).

5/10. Escaped the 'bad' territory by a hair's breadth.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 30, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
LOL. Seems like ARMS ruins everything.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Mar 30, 2014 8:55 PM

Mar 2012
Meh ending. Meh anime. At least it wasn't the worst anime this season.
Mar 30, 2014 10:07 PM
Oct 2012
i found it good. it kills time and keeps my attention sometimes so its decent in my book. 7/10 kind of hoping for another season to some degree.
Mar 30, 2014 10:12 PM
Aug 2011
Christ this was horrendous.
Hope it bombs so a sequel will never see the light of day.
Mar 30, 2014 10:48 PM

May 2012
7/10 for the interesting premise. Had a lot of potential but wasted it.
Story was a little rushed.
Do not want a second season unless they step up on the animation and story.
Mar 30, 2014 10:59 PM
Jan 2014
So after 11 episodes, they finally get a decent trial. It was far too quickly to actually be a good case, too many simple situations.

And they managed to cut costs barely animating the crowd, that was really bad.
The episode ended in a way that hinted a next season, but with how bad this series was i don't think it will happen.
Mar 30, 2014 11:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
JRadagast said:
So after 11 episodes, they finally get a decent trial.

Wait. A trial in which the victim and witness is allowed to be on the defendant's side... The biggest farce of trial I have seen, far worse than anything shown in this series so far... Please, at least put some effort in this...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 30, 2014 11:08 PM
Jan 2014
wakka9ca said:
JRadagast said:
So after 11 episodes, they finally get a decent trial.

Wait. A trial in which the victim and witness is allowed to be on the defendant's side... The biggest farce of trial I have seen, far worse than anything shown in this series so far... Please, at least put some effort in this...

That's why i didn't say it was a good trial. I was expecting something like Phoenix Wright when i first watched it.

it deserves its 4/10. if not worse.
Mar 30, 2014 11:48 PM

Mar 2013
Average show it had just enough though to make me watch it every week.
Mar 30, 2014 11:49 PM

Dec 2007
Stark700 said:
That's cute. What's with the ending...Moyo still has a big question mark on her head.

babymilo91 said:
The trial was good. That guy got what he deserved. Still want to know who Moyo really is. Maybe another season will do to answer these questions.

Tohka_Yatogami said:
Makusu finally got imprison. I still wonder what's Moyo's true identity is.

Moyo = Lucifer. This was made about as obvious as it can be without having someone come right out and say it on screen.

Because the conspirators either screwed up or did not fully understand what they needed to do, Lucifer was partially summoned when they killed and brought back Cecil. By accident or design, Lucifer stayed in their world and either possessed or took the form of a human, Tento Moyo, with either the initial or eventual goal of getting close to Cecil, whom Lucifer is infatuated with due to her impressive powers. This explains why Moyo was all over Cecil from the beginning, as well as the unusually impressive capabilities she showed.

As for the episode, this series would have been better if it had cut off after episode 11. While the trials were always rather poorly presented, this went more like an episode of Jerry Springer. In fact, even allowing it to happen this way is a massive deus ex machina, as the conflict of interest is so great that a real trial could not occur. I do have to drop my score based on this mess.
Though, for the record, the "trial" is not over - just postponed, probably because everyone turned it into a 3-ring Circus. Makusu was sent to the prison pending a continuation of the trial due to his violent acts in the courtroom. However, he's a goner when the evidence is presented.
ErwinJAMar 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Mar 31, 2014 12:15 AM
Sep 2012
So half of this episode must have been skimmed over in quality check. There were several times when the characters didnt even look like they did for the first 10 episodes. Sub average story, plot holes, complete animation break down in the final 2 episodes. Easy 4/10.
Mar 31, 2014 1:08 AM

Mar 2012
Still traumatized by the previous episode's quality lol. This anime was pretty bland.
Mar 31, 2014 1:51 AM

Jan 2011
don't know why i found that guy getting crushed by the debris funny as hell

not sure this might of been one of the worst shows this season it's pretty close with mahou sensou
5/10
Mar 31, 2014 3:54 AM

Jan 2011
That was the biggest case of mistrial I've ever seen, even if you ignore the fact that a witness/victim was allowed to be a defendant. Seriously maybe research legal laws a bit if you're going to revolve the show around magical trials. At least it was better than Mahou Sensou.
Mar 31, 2014 6:33 AM

Oct 2010
The actual court cases make no sense, the only set rules seem to be that whatever the plot needs become the rules. I liked the art style at least.
Mar 31, 2014 7:07 AM
Oct 2013
The only good thing about this show is that it is finally over.
Mar 31, 2014 12:05 PM
Jan 2014
how they dar to end the season like that?? >< i want to know WHO moyo rly is!! ><><><><
Mar 31, 2014 12:08 PM
Jan 2014
well i can see some rly bad comments about the anime..i feel like im rly soft in voting or an animefreak to like almost everything in the seasons XD
Mar 31, 2014 12:47 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
An interesting premise that ultimately was poorly executed due to a bland story, poor direction and at times nefarious animation. A shame really because I liked some of the characters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 31, 2014 1:56 PM

Jan 2014
Fitting ending in the court and glad to see him getting imprisoned, a bit sad that we didn't get to see the retrial with Cecils mom. Wasn't moyo lucifer? D: the ending... We might never find out the truth, unless they make a second season, not like i believe that's going to happen. 7/10, one episode with slideshow did not kill the series for me.
CandyFaceMar 31, 2014 1:59 PM
Mar 31, 2014 4:43 PM

Jul 2012
Mixed feelings about this series. Finale was a snorefest. Really did not care for the main plot at all. Hell, I enjoyed the episodic episodes even more. I adored the sci-fi aspect, art/animation/soundtrack and interesting premise but evidently, it got to be a drag when the main story came and eventually, I just got bored of the unnecessary fanservice, weird yuri subtexts and "let me feel u up, bon".

I even considered giving this show an 8 near the first few episodes but it dropped and dropped...Just to a 6 though. Still a decent score.
Mar 31, 2014 9:40 PM

Apr 2011
So uh, the defendant became the prosecutor and vice versa? WTF? This show is so stupid it's insulting. 3/10

Solkiskey said:
Wow, that end was like a giant fuck you. Fuck this show.

+1
Mar 31, 2014 10:07 PM

Nov 2010
Way less time in court than I expected from the premise.

Episode 11 was GARBO.

Damn near no closure in the final episode. Big bad's trial wasn't finished, we don't know how Cecils mom's retrial went, we don't even know if Moyo told Cecil the truth or was just trolling her, or why she decided to obliterate those two chicks who were about to spill the beans if she wasn't actually on the bad guy team.

Ech... ECH! 4/10
ShadowGilgameshApr 2, 2014 12:10 AM
Apr 1, 2014 12:23 AM

Jul 2013
Wow they really butchered it the last 2 episodes. I can't count how many times I want to face palm during the last trial. The prosecutor was clearly defending the defendant and the judge was just sitting there taking every word. The most absurd is when the prosecutor told Cecil she needs evidence that Makusu killed Shimizu while he himself conveniently believed Makusu's accusation that Cecil killed Shimizu WITHOUT evidence. Can a trial be more stupid than this?

I was going to give this a high score if only they hadn't screwed up ep 11 and 12. This is just a terrible, terrible way to ruin what was a pretty original concept and an intriguing story.

4/10
MoeGodApr 1, 2014 4:22 AM
Apr 1, 2014 3:29 AM

Apr 2013
Well, this show was a complete waste of time, not just for the horror that was episode 11, but overall... Glad it's over, I would've dropped it if there were more than 12 episodes .... 4/10
Apr 1, 2014 3:33 AM

Oct 2010
Mediocre at best. Not to mention some episodes were just retarded (Sentai episode anyone?). Courtroom logic's also pretty messed up. Action scenes were decent though except Episode 11 that is.... Overall, 5/10
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Apr 1, 2014 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Anime that I was disappointed, not because of what you've seen, maybe a little I admit, but especially for the way they have treated.
I wanted to review a work by Umetsu, but it is so hard and you can not stay depressed.
Episode treated badly, both in the plot in the story! T_T
After this series the studio Arms has lost many points against me.
I hope to see again in the BD version that quality that we saw at the beginning of the series.
For now, my final grade is in 7/10, as some choices made by Umetsu I liked.
Apr 1, 2014 7:36 AM
Feb 2010
I think that a lot of things were not explained well==
This actually is worse than Kyoukai no Kanata's ending...

1. What do the familiars do at all? They are supposed to protect their magicians but there is no indication of how they even originated. And some familiars are even unknown lol... not sure which belong to who.
2. The Labone are mostly ornamental... except on 2 ovvasions== Even after the relevation of truth they did not appear at all... What's that about protecting Cecil?
3. How did no one wonder why Shizumu could do so many things with the SAT without a warrant and later without his senior?
4. What happened to Tenyo Moyo after the summoning? Seems that she was back to normal.. I thought she "combined" then "separated" with Cecil?
5. Did Cecil gain any power after the summoning? It seems that she could melt bullets in her face (but how did her mecha even lose to Makusu?)
6. The trial seems like a joke, the defendant's lawyers seem like the prosecution and vice-versa. And what's with the rigged cuffs? How?
7. How did previous cases of the judge's powers fail? No explanation

And a plot hole... Cecil's father mentioned sending her the hair accessories to seal her powers. And when Cecil completely awakened her powers her hair accessories broke. But it was shown that there were replacements lol. So basically she just had to put on new ones and ....? And lol, instead of sending so many people to awaken her powers... why not just remove those hair accessories?
DunkjoeApr 1, 2014 8:17 AM
Apr 1, 2014 10:11 AM

Jan 2014
the animator cannot keep up with movie quality animation picture.
too bad, the animation become worst coz of deadline.
Apr 1, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2011
I rather enjoyed this show, though it did have a cliffhanger ending. I think the theory about Moyo being Lucifer is probably the case; I'd have to re-watch the possession to see if she shows up in two places at once. Not a superb series but definitely worth the watch. Plus Cecil was kawaii and had a really nice little ass.

8/10
Apr 1, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2011
Final case wasnt that entertaining.

Pretty average series. Was actually expecting something because the animation seemed good from the PV and the show being about lawyer sort of thing. Was hugely disappointed when every case felt like the writers didnt do much research and couldnt care less on the theme of their show.

Pretty sure Moyoyo is Lucifer, dunno why they ended it that way. Though i would like to hear a backstory of how she came about.

At least the OP is quite good. Thats pretty much the only thing this series is good at. 5/10.
Apr 1, 2014 2:33 PM
Jun 2010
I'm glad its over 1/10 fucking garbage.
Apr 1, 2014 2:49 PM
Jul 2012
Aeroing said:
I thought we knew Moyo was Lucifer? They were pretty clear about it. What's the big secret about?

Meh series is meh.

THIS obviously ppl are too strung up on ep 11 animation an forgot this tidbit so the moyo ending of "I'm..." throws them off for some reason... hell even before it was revealed (between the bullet scene when she changed its course, before this i was wondering who the hell she was really, and the summoning arc where its revealed) i knew she had to be lucifer, or lilith at the very least but seeing as its all about lucifer... yeah
Apr 1, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2013
Wait a moment, just like that the episode ends on the early morning where ALL the agency girls are sleeping at Cecil's apartment and no one say one word and Mojo is in her bed like it was as natural as the sun rising and no one in this forum has said one word about it? or two, like "yuri orgy"? >_<

Also, how tall is Cecil's bed, it looked like she was in the second floor when she looked down.
Apr 1, 2014 8:14 PM

Apr 2012
After reading the comments here I didn't thought most people would hate this anime. For me it was a very interesting anime even though the animation wasn't that good. I hope to see some other work from the creator of Kite and Mezzo :D
Apr 1, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2012
Tendou-kun said:
even though the animation wasn't that good.

Wait what? Wizard Barristors had one of the best animations in the season. LOL
Apr 1, 2014 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
Er...I thought the whole trial was a bit weird. I know next to nothing about how a real trial should go but some things just doesn't seem believable.

And the ending feels incomplete...

Oh well. Not a bad series but not so well executed. Many events and coincidences were hard to believe but it did have enjoyable moments.

So Moyo is Lucifer. That's one mystery out of the way.
Apr 1, 2014 11:53 PM

Jan 2011
mayukachan said:
Tendou-kun said:
even though the animation wasn't that good.

Wait what? Wizard Barristors had one of the best animations in the season. LOL

No. It wasn't one of the best nor was it very good. If it's inconsistent it's not good.

This show was not very entertaining and the meta arch was pretty dumb. Episode 11 was absolutely terrible and the final case in this episode felt like a free for all. I personally didn't connect with any of the cast members. Found the troupe of girls at the law office to be majorly annoying and Cecil can be included in that.

It's just not good. Ending to black with a question we already know the answer to...

4 or 5/10
Apr 2, 2014 12:22 AM

Dec 2007
Mugen_Time said:
Er...I thought the whole trial was a bit weird. I know next to nothing about how a real trial should go but some things just doesn't seem believable.

Well, let's put it bluntly. Japan's legal system is based off of that of the US, itself modeled after that of the UK.
Now, in this system, the defendant is entitled to a fair hearing where both the prosecution and defense are supposed to be impartial (thus focusing on facts). Therefore, and they drill this in repeatedly in law school, the absolute first thing that is done before a prosecutor is assigned or a defense attorney accepts the case is a conflict of interest check, with the standard being whether there is any connection that could be perceived as possibly generating an undue influence. The extent and depth of this check is very surprising to outsiders, and missing something not only creates grounds for mistrial and lawsuits, but also disciplinary action.
In any real trial in a genuine Democracy, Cecil, who has a vested interest in seeing Makusu convicted, would be the absolute last person allowed to represent him, and if it had not been known at the beginning, the prosecutor would have been in trouble by the "preliminary hearing," where any idiot could see he was in the tank for the defendant.

A trial itself is usually just a by-the-numbers presenting of evidence, with only the opening and closing arguments leaving much room for theatrics. In any lawsuit or criminal trial, there are a set of explicitly stated (or officially accepted) elements for each charge. The role of the prosecution/plaintiff is to prove each element to the accepted standard of certainty. The defense need only manage to knock down one element of a charge to just below that level of certainty to be exonerated. Since it's mostly academic, a typical trial is dry and boring, though informative. I'd forgive them if they went Perry Mason or Law & Order or Phoenix Wright though, as it would not be that much of a stretch and would be more entertaining.

Also: an iron rule in a criminal trial is that the defense must have access to everything the prosecution has. Throwing in a previously unknown witness against the defendant (or failing to disclose evidence in the defense's favor) is even worse than a major conflict of interest, and can be grounds, in and of itself, for criminal charges.
Conversely, the defense is required to zealously defend the client, and actively aiding the prosecution's case would again be an automatic mistrial, major disciplinary action, a tort lawyer's wet dream, and likely criminal charges for violating fiduciary duty.

That aside, the state's prosecutor can get away with throwing away trials, as has happened in the US in some high profile cases, but in none of the ones I know was there any direct personal connections between the prosecutor and defendant, just a politically motivated decision. And certainly, if he actively aided the defense, he'd be in all manner of trouble that would make the Bar the least of his worries.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

123 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

74 by nidoqueen106 »»
Feb 25, 2020 7:35 PM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

56 by EtherSword »»
Oct 2, 2015 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.