Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2014 6:42 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that ending was really something.

Kinda like the original, but I'm looking forward if they're planning to make reboot in future.
Mar 30, 2014 3:29 AM

Nov 2012
nice ending , now we will get more toriko after dbzkai ends

toriko part 2: gourmet world here we come!!!
Mar 30, 2014 12:22 PM
Mar 2014
Does anyone know if there will be an episode 147 of Toriko because I heard the anime is being cancelled. If there will be an episode 147 when will it come out?
Mar 30, 2014 12:29 PM
Feb 2010
Chime88 said:
Does anyone know if there will be an episode 147 of Toriko because I heard the anime is being cancelled. If there will be an episode 147 when will it come out?
Episode 17 aired in Japan today. There's no episode after 147. Since the episode already aired in Japan, it will be available with subs in two or three days.
Mar 31, 2014 9:00 AM

Jun 2009
That ending.

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Mar 31, 2014 11:26 AM

May 2010
and now imagine they would end this arc the same way they ended it in the manga..that would have been EPIC..all those creatures and their insane powerlevels ..and in the end a grown up BATTLEWOLF! yooo

i was really mad since they basicly changed everythign important in this arc because it was by far the best arc in the manga..it was fantastic!

well somehow i have accepted it..its still sad that censorship killed toriko and its such a terrible adaption but atleast ichiryuu and midira get to eat together once again like brothers..so that was kinda nice.

i sincerely hope that toriko one day gets an adaption that is absolutely true to the manga and that people then get to see the REAL cooking festival arc and all the WILD battles that got skipped/butchered in this anime.

i feel generous today 6/10
Mar 31, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2013
This was AMAZING!
All the beasts so far appearing in his attacks and then devouring them to do MUGEN KUGI PANCHI was beyond epic!
Why didn't they end it with toriko firing his fork?!

The bad is they didn't show minority world, the zebra fight and the grand knocking wasn't done right and they made jirou look like a p*ssy.
Joa wasn't at full strength anyway even in the manga so toriko winning is okay ignoring that the knife should have ended him.
He should be about CL 7000 in that form.

The meteor spice looked like holy crosses send from heaven to purge evil :) beautiful
Mar 31, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2013
Man, Toei really stepped up their game this episode (I guess cause it's the last one :P). I thought this entire episode was pretty awesome. And by the time DBZ Kai ends I'll probably be caught up with the manga with should be better than the anime.
Kerozinn said:

i was really mad since they basicly changed everythign important in this arc because it was by far the best arc in the manga..it was fantastic!

I can't wait to see that once I get there in the manga
Mar 31, 2014 1:58 PM

Feb 2010
I honestly enjoyed this show start to finish... the ending arc became a bit wonky, BUT I felt they ended this ep on a high note.

I'll watch the reboot/continuation. 7/10
Mar 31, 2014 2:08 PM
Feb 2010
Humza_96 said:
I thought the ending was great. The series as a whole was fun to watch, it was different than the usual shounen anime.

A few questions to the manga readers-

Did this arc end differently in the anime compared to the Manga?

Where did the the anime and manga start splitting apart? (as in what chapter should I read the manga from)

Is the manga also ending?
just read the entire cooking festival arc of the manga chap 209-263 after that the action moves in the gourmet worl
the manga version of this arc is too good
bad anime bad
Mar 31, 2014 2:50 PM

May 2010
Humza_96 said:

Where did the the anime and manga start splitting apart? (as in what chapter should I read the manga from)

Is the manga also ending?

changed much? changed almost everything! compared to the manga this was atrocious cause whoever was in charge of this took a huge shit over the whole arc. the manga splits at the point where toriko and starjun fight. and yes the fight actually fully happens in the manga and boy was it a bloody wild battle.

i dont wanna spoil you but the fight between toriko and starjun was EPIC..the shit in the anime is lightyears away from what actually happened especially because of censorship that we have present in the anime. if you think blood and gore is not important in toriko then think again!

characters lost whole limbs and some lost their lives and there was NOTHING of that in the anime. that aside the story got changed competely ..its ridiculous that someone like toriko could defeat someone who has eaten acacias FULL COURSE..impossible.

so the ppl saying " oh yeah this shit was awesome this episode"....you heads will explode when u read this arc in the manga.

i just remembered they completely scratched one of the most HAX powers of the toriko universe, ichiryuus power.

ugh im ranting too hard again..must stop.

you can start reading at chapter 211 ..this is where the cooking festival arc begins. until

then the anime was actually true to the manga..except for that reporter chick + that bird..yeh they dont exist.

the manga itself just came back from like a 6 week (i think) long hiatus after finishing the first part of toriko. the human world part (chapter 263) and the gourmet world part started right after hiatus and we are at chapter 271 right now. so its easy to catch up if you dont wanna read it from first chapter.
Mar 31, 2014 3:12 PM

Mar 2010
I have just one question... WHY!?!?!?!?!? Manga readers will understand.

Throughout the entire episode I just repeated the word "kurvva" (you know what it means, it's the most famous polish word :P). They butchered it. It's like in One Piece, Marineford Luffy himself beaten all the admirals and lived happily with Ace. That shouldn't happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2014 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
WHOA wait a second. I believe Mugen ren Kugi punch will be Toriko's ultimate technique in the future and you're telling me that Joa survived that? Wtf? What else could he use to beat Joa then? Also the anime's Mugen ren Kugi punch looked pathetic.

The only reason I will give this an 8/10 is out of respect for Ichiryuu because he was able to get his final wish in the anime, unlike the manga. Sitting down at the table and eating like a family again with Midora, Jiro, and Setsuna.

The ending did make me feel nice though, albeit a little agitated as well, and I didn't like how they dealt with the whole meteor spice part, but when the episode was over I did have a big stupid grin on my face so I'll forgive you toei as long as you give the rights for Toriko to mad house or Production IG.
Mar 31, 2014 9:24 PM
Feb 2014
Orzi said:
I have just one question... WHY!?!?!?!?!? Manga readers will understand.

Throughout the entire episode I just repeated the word "kurvva" (you know what it means, it's the most famous polish word :P). They butchered it. It's like in One Piece, Marineford Luffy himself beaten all the admirals and lived happily with Ace. That shouldn't happen.

I agree with you. this is just ridiculous. i thought that Toriko series will be aired like one piece with the continuation like the manga but i was wrong. im actually really mad with all these changes. baka baka baka!
Mar 31, 2014 9:31 PM

Mar 2009
So long, Toriko. I can't believe I've been watching this since 2011. It's going to be weird heading into the Spring anime season without Toriko, and Space Brothers for that matter.

Overall, I liked it, even though the manga readers kept saying it was a shitty adaptation. The ending could have been better, though. And I still don't understand why Toriko went super saiyan. Anyway, I'll have to read the manga one day.

Most of all, I'll just miss the narrator and his funny voice.
Mar 31, 2014 11:32 PM

Jan 2012
Hard to believe this is over. Been watching it since the day it first aired. It was a damn good run. Hope to see more in the future.

Apr 1, 2014 12:04 AM

Mar 2012
Toriko ended in the worst way possible -.-

I bet there won't be any other seasons for Toriko. They did the same with Beelzebub, but Beelzebub still ended in a decent way...
Apr 1, 2014 12:55 AM

Jan 2009
terribad ending. at least its over.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 1, 2014 5:10 AM

Jul 2010
I'm surprised it ended up well. I was quite skeptic about the anime because the dark theme brought the best of the manga, but I'm quite happy it ended staying true to the anime's themes somewhat. It does seem continuable; however, they have to omit a lot to merge with the manga's story line.

I give this anime 7.4/10 overall.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Apr 1, 2014 5:50 AM

May 2008
I got some DBZ vibes at the ending lol. But overall it feels like it's aimed for the younger audience. I heard that many cool things are censored and the plot at the ending is changed. Well this type of anime is not my cup of tea, the concept with muscular heroes paired with the whole food madness doesn't hook me up but it was watchable. But I muss say that I really like Zebra, he is the only one who doesn't act so gay (sry couldn't find a better word). 7/10 for trying something new.
CCL_SamaApr 1, 2014 6:03 AM
Apr 1, 2014 6:13 AM

Jul 2010
In the end "Human world arc" end.So shell we assume there will be another arc gourmet world?
Apr 1, 2014 9:40 AM

Feb 2008
clin7eas7wood said:
In the end "Human world arc" end.So shell we assume there will be another arc gourmet world?

Hopefully, we'll get a remake in some years. Because I definitely don't want more of Toei's story butchering.
Apr 1, 2014 10:38 AM
Aug 2013
If they ever remake this they should wait like 5 years to let the memory and foulness of this version fad away like a fart in the wind.
Apr 1, 2014 11:54 AM

Jun 2013
Why change the story if they didn't even go for an actual ending?
Apr 1, 2014 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
Very disappointed in this adaption. These last few episodes in particular, is like a slap in the face to the manga readers. Let's hope for a better remake in the future.
Apr 2, 2014 2:11 AM
Feb 2010
the fuck Human World Arc END at the ending of the episode
WTF are they planing on continuing this shit after DBKai finishes
they cant even do that its changed complutely from the manga
god dammit
Apr 2, 2014 5:24 AM

Feb 2011
That was incredible! Toriko vs Joa was just intense and epic. Gotta give props to the awesome music as well.

Overall, I'll give it a well-earned 9. My only critisism would be that the animation, especially in the later is episodes, is not good or even terrible. I'm aware the cooking festival arc has been butchered somewhat which for the manga readers is a common complaint, but honestly I don't mind at all.
In fact, if they hadn't done that, I probably would never have started reading the manga. If stayed the same I wouldn't feel any need to read the manga.
Apr 2, 2014 9:12 AM

Nov 2012
morshuwarrior said:
That was incredible! Toriko vs Joa was just intense and epic. Gotta give props to the awesome music as well.

Overall, I'll give it a well-earned 9. My only critisism would be that the animation, especially in the later is episodes, is not good or even terrible. I'm aware the cooking festival arc has been butchered somewhat which for the manga readers is a common complaint, but honestly I don't mind at all.
In fact, if they hadn't done that, I probably would never have started reading the manga. If stayed the same I wouldn't feel any need to read the manga.

if you already liked the anime.. you will realy realy realy love the toriko manga

start reading at the beginning of cooking fest, then you will know how much has changed and the important plot things they left out in the anime ;)
Apr 2, 2014 9:59 AM

May 2011
I'll miss seeing more of this animated, even though I'm far behind in the manga, I could tell this was...less than spectacular. But I still found some of it enjoyable. I'm all for scenes of people eating together from this. xD
Apr 2, 2014 10:11 AM
Mar 2014
fiore777 said:
I'll miss seeing more of this animated, even though I'm far behind in the manga, I could tell this was...less than spectacular. But I still found some of it enjoyable. I'm all for scenes of people eating together from this. xD

re read the complete cooking fest arc in the manga, you are in for a huge suprise ^^
Apr 2, 2014 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
aboe said:
morshuwarrior said:

if you already liked the anime.. you will realy realy realy love the toriko manga

start reading at the beginning of cooking fest, then you will know how much has changed and the important plot things they left out in the anime ;)
I was exactly planning to do that :)
Apr 3, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
I lol'd so much at this ending HAHAHA

It was so crazy XD The last few eps I haven't really been paying attention while watching the eps since the anime original shit started but gotta admit this TTGL craziness caught my attention XD

Enjoyed the action tbh :P

Dat Mugen Kugi punch lolol It's like a rocket launching XD

Still can't save what they did to the adaption -.- I'll give it a 7/10
Apr 3, 2014 6:21 PM

Sep 2013
The guys at toriko wikia translated some tweets by the cast and Fuji TV
(don't know if the Fuji one is legit thou)
http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:40221
Apr 5, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2012
Oh my fucking god I haven't laughed this much while watching anime probably ever
Can't wait to see DBZ Kai
Apr 5, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2011
The ending just has to be bad. Uhh. We still have the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 11:28 AM

Mar 2010
Well I was hoping this anime wouldn't ever have stops, but it seems now I have to rely on the manga.. Overall this anime was alright.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 4, 2014 7:25 PM
Dec 2012
are they ever going to ffinish this even though i didn't love the anime i can't stand it ending like this like d. gray man when i have to read the manga to finish it i dont read manga
May 12, 2014 7:13 AM

Jan 2010
Wow. While I like happy endings with a certain sense of closure to them, the anime ending was a little too cheesy and too simplistic. Before this, I haven't touched the manga yet but that nagging dissatisfaction from the last episode drove me to read from the Cooking Fest arc and oh boy, the differences were so stark.

I think I might prefer the manga outcome of the three-way fight.
Jul 16, 2014 12:08 AM

Mar 2012
MFs destroying such a good story......
May 7, 2015 5:22 AM

Jun 2008
aboe said:
nice ending , now we will get more toriko after dbzkai ends

toriko part 2: gourmet world here we come!!!

Please NO! Leave it alone Toei. You ruined enough already.
Feb 11, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2016
It was an excellent anime. I'm sad this is the end.
Oct 30, 2022 1:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last episode, quite predictable, but with the emotion that is required.

Hopefully one day it will continue!!! kekeke
Jan 16, 2023 3:42 AM

Apr 2013
This show was never great to me... or maybe even good. Just a very average shounen anime with the usual tropes. A few times it managed to surprise me, but that's about it.
But they really dropped the ball in the last arc, nothing made sense anymore and everything was extremely rushed. I haven't read the source material, but judging from the comments they went completely anime original and screwed everything up. Typical Toei I guess. 3/10
GatorJan 16, 2023 3:46 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toriko Episode 5 Discussion

Game_Master - May 3, 2011

21 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 28, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 3 Discussion

EvilSynner - Apr 19, 2011

29 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 27, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 38 Discussion

Cetais - Dec 27, 2011

11 by Frippy_ »»
Apr 13, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 101 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 22, 2013

16 by nightjasmine »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 146 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 22, 2014

19 by Gator »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.