Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2014 1:35 PM

Mar 2011
What a shame after the amazing 1st season, 2nd season is sh1t.
Very bad OST, bad pacing.
Mar 29, 2014 1:38 PM

Mar 2012
Meteor Jam! I need not say more.
Mar 29, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2008
Awesome eo.

But uhm, wasn't there supposed to be 26 episodes?

Mar 29, 2014 2:10 PM
Aug 2013
First of all, Epic episode epic animation epic ost timing epic skills epic EVERYTHING, I really loved this ep its amazing but kagami in the zone for more than 10 minutes? Its too much and when the zone came to an end he burst the shit out of the zone and continue owning it was awesome, but too much. And of course murasakibara in the zone was a shock, entering the zone in the last 30 seconds was awesome and not doing anything epic is awesome too. Why? It wouldn't be good if murasakibara shown all of his zone power in this game which seirins win is almost obvious. I want to see murasakibara in the zone soon. Thanks for reading
Mar 29, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
Great season with intense matches even though some stuff was cut out again from the manga. 9/10
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Mar 29, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2013
That was a good episode. That meteor jam was epic. Want another season of this.
Mar 29, 2014 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
I'm disappointed of this end :/ it makes me drop the score but i won't since i was so excited and fascinated by AoKaga zone episodes.

Season 3 pls! I need to see my blond baby kick some braid ass :D

Mar 29, 2014 2:22 PM

Feb 2011
Do I have to wait until Fall 2015 to see S3 animated again ? :(
Mar 29, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2011
well, I already read manga before watching this season so I knew what's going to happen. Still, it was as awesome as first season, though the ending... it was like the ending of the average (but still great) match, not an end of the season. But well, it's ok. I'm gonna wait for another season, it's gotta be another, right?

Mar 29, 2014 2:37 PM

Aug 2013
Finally Murasakibara in da zone. He looks really sexy with his hair tied up like this.
Even though I already knew what was going to happen I still enjoyed this through and through. I still love KnB2 as much as Season 1. I just wish they had a little more consistency in the animation sometimes. Like they often had like awkward stances and faces they could've been made better in contrast to the boom zone animations. But I really can't complain.
I look forward for the next matches.

Mar 29, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 2013
I'll give it an 8/10. It was great but some parts felt slow and dragged out now and then.

Great OST and the animation was pretty solid.

Look forward to seeing Season 3. There's definitely enough material for it.
Mar 29, 2014 2:38 PM

May 2008
Blake Griffin's dunk!
Mar 29, 2014 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
Dat Dwight!

Sooo... Definitely waiting for season 3.

Mar 29, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2010
This episode explains why i love KnB so much.Epic basketball, amazing rivalry, tons of emotions, most of the time great animation and awesome OST.Lets not forget about awesome characters as well.I see that lots of people arent really fans of Murasakibara, but personally i like that guy.He shows that even tho some people think that they hate what they do in life, deep inside they really love it.
Great season 9/10, such a cliffhanger tho.It feels like we're going to see next episode in a week...but its not happening :/.Also that guy walking in corridor, i wonder whos that.

Waiting for OST to release, and of course season 3.
Mar 29, 2014 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
IT's the middle of the night, I'm screaming my head off, I'm trembling without end, I can not wait to see the Shutoku vs Rakuzan game! Or the Kaijo vs Seirin game! Next season please come soon!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Mar 29, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
I want to give it a 9/10 but I feel like it's overrating it...I love it, yet at the same time I want to rate objectively. :(

I felt like the Yosen arc was a bit less interesting compared to Touou arc. Generally what happened was: Oh no a titan, then Kagami gets into the Zone and kills 'em, then Mukkun gets more seriously, then Seirin wins just by a little bit. Also, the superpower basketball got just a tiny bit tedious, although I still liked it.

Season three when? Where? :)
Mar 29, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2007
Dat Meteor Jam!

I'm somewhat disappointed with this season. I feel this isn't really the appropriate place to end this season but I know this arc isn't over yet so I just got to accept it. :( Hopefully they won't take too long to animate the 3rd season.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 29, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
great ending to this season. kagami really rocked it. ost was pretty good this episode too. they should've kept it up in the other episodes.

overall, not as good as the 1st season but it was still decent.

8/10

they set the scene up for a 3rd season so looking forward to it
Mar 29, 2014 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
Perfect. Simple that. One of the best anime of all time for me, this season 2 was GLORIOUS!
Can't wait for S3.
Mar 29, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
Damn Akashi looked mad creepy there at the end with his stare down with Midorima.

I swear if Murasakibara only entered the Zone 10 seconds earlier, in their attack when there was like 30 second left, they would've scored, and won.

Still it was a great final match, and awesome season overall.
Mar 29, 2014 3:05 PM

Sep 2012
It was quite intense, not really as good as season 1, but it had some great moments.

7/10

Waiting for the third season!
Mar 29, 2014 3:12 PM

May 2007
I don't see a season 3 happening anytime soon because the manga as far as I know, just got to the finals but then again how many matches did this season cover?
Mar 29, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2012
That last play with Kagami was awesome
Can’t wait for season 3
Mar 29, 2014 3:17 PM

Jun 2010
Nothing much to say. Production I.G delivers again. Can't wait for S3.
JCDRANZER said:
I don't see a season 3 happening anytime soon because the manga as far as I know, just got to the finals but then again how many matches did this season cover?
Sure season 3 will happen soon. There's a pretty long flashback before the finals so...
Mar 29, 2014 3:18 PM

Feb 2011
Awww, Murasakibara being all tsundere. I disliked him pretty early on, but seeing him cry made me like him a little more.
I cried too, but just because Kise's match was so close, yet so far away.
Kiseeeee.

Anyway, good finale to a really good season. But personally I think the first was a LOT better.

8/10
Mar 29, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2012
It needed more Kise .

Hope I get that on season 3
Mar 29, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
This shows basketball can be hilarious sometimes ....TF is meteor jump?!? He jumps from the free throw line , he's above the rim and just tosses it in wth? Also that mirage shot is a self pass because he passes it to himself in mid air and its not a shot attempt.

By the time you throw the ball in the air your already on the ground , no matter how good of a shooter you are its not possible to pass the ball to yourself then shoot.

I get they tired to make him like a smooth player and all that and in previouse episodes he looked nice before they included the silly mirage shot.
Smh why I even care to point out these things in this anime is beyond me since it will always disregard real basketball *sigh*
Mar 29, 2014 3:22 PM
Aug 2011
It did not make me lose my clothing like S1 did, I mean I didn't give me as much rush as S1 did but it was still highly enjoyable.
I'm really thankful for all the gratuitous Teppei too.

I have no reason to believe that we won't have a third season so i'll be ready for that.

They are teasing us with:
ilthargo said:
Dat Haizaki Shougo

BEST
Mar 29, 2014 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
Epic episode, epic anime. I'm waiting for 3rd season!!!
Mar 29, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2013
This was a good episode to end this season, but the very last scene didn't feel conclusive at all.
Anyway, all in all I think Kuroko no Basket 2 lived up to its predecessor. I thought the first half was a bit underwhelming, especially because there was one of the worst match in the series (the one against the cheating team). It also took me a while to get used to the new ost which grew on me, though. Still, the matches against Aomine's and Murasakibara's teams were so good that make up for the lackluster beginning.
8/10

Also, I have a feeling the (inevitable) third season will be pure epicness.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 29, 2014 3:32 PM

Dec 2012
That was a hell of a conclusion, especially that fierce spear-throwing shot of Kagami's. The last scene was a bit strange though, felt awkward to cut the episode off right there. I wonder who that guy with the braids is. That stare down with Midorima and Akashi was intense, I wonder if they're going to duke it out next.

Overall a really intense season filled with awesome matches and adrenaline pumping moments. I didn't like how supernatural the plays got sometimes and how they started naming every move, but it didn't bother me too much. Although that's probably the main reason I enjoyed season 1 more, the plays felt closer to planet Earth and that's what motivated me to push my limits during my work outs. This season just didn't do the same.

A solid 9/10, I'd love to give it a 10 but it didn't have the same life changing effect on me that season 1 did (lost 60 pounds when season 1 aired). Hoping a season 3 comes around. Knowing sports anime that do well, though, that's a good possibility as far as I can tell.
Mar 29, 2014 3:38 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing anime! I couldn't ask anything more for this last match
Bring on the third season!!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 29, 2014 3:48 PM
Oct 2010
Enjoyed both this season and this match more than I expected to and looking forward to the third season even if the series is in an odd spot as far as realistic basketball and super powers.

The closure for the episode for the episode was well done though the animation left a bit to be desired considering how the first season stepped up their game. I guess there wasn't much time lost to the opening and ending at the very least.

I hope the manga ends well, so I can look forward to seeing that in motion given how the anime has sold me on some matches and bits which the manga hasn't even if the art and movement isn't always up there in the anime.
Mar 29, 2014 3:49 PM

Sep 2013
Season 2: 10/10
Better animation and more epicness than season 1.

I hope the people who rate this lower than season 1 remember that season 1 didn't just consist of that 2 episodes. Of course if they do, they are entitled to their opinion. Otherwise it is just myopic.

They had to end the season there because introducing a new character at the last moment = worse cliffhanger than the Titan in the wall. An additional episode would be the perfect way to end the season but I guess they ran out of time/budget and had to cut the season short to 25 episodes. It could be they want season 3 to start off with a bang. The slow start to season 2 might have hurt it in terms of gaining new viewers.

Meteor Jam has been done in real life. Just saying.

Dwight Howard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU_jcN4ckcw
Blake Griffin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wGmV_bem8
Lebron James (less emphatic but still counts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBV4g9fzj-Y
TorribleMar 29, 2014 4:14 PM
Mar 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Jan 2012
Incredibly exciting game and a great episode. But ending the season in the middle of the tournament really sucks.

Mar 29, 2014 4:02 PM

Nov 2007
When they saw the enemy pair not giving up against red's zone, him for offense with Kuroko! So sempai combi instead of using Red with zone when that guy with hurt is back. Did Purple got zone, too, that needs another guy to block it, too? A new skill that taught by his teacher? Then Kuroko blocking Purple's almost shoot.

OP1 and ED2 were inserted songs. Kuroko telling him not giving up the relations.
tsubasaloverMar 29, 2014 5:39 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 29, 2014 4:08 PM

Jun 2012
geralt said:
This was a good episode to end this season, but the very last scene didn't feel conclusive at all. (...)

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 29, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2012
Aozumi said:
geralt said:
This was a good episode to end this season, but the very last scene didn't feel conclusive at all. (...)

^
Mar 29, 2014 4:24 PM

Dec 2011
Well that was a pretty fun season all in all. Every bit as good as S1, or actually perhaps a little better since the games were more intense. Honestly though I can't see this show going past 3-4 seasons and remaining all that enjoyable. The characters are already so beefed up and it will just end up being more of the exact same thing after that. Basically I'm saying that a sports manga/anime that starts out like this can't go on as long.

My prediction is that Seirin will beat Yellow hair's team at the start of next season (because losing to someone they already beat would be lame), then lose to red hair, setting up red hair to be the final boss type of thing. And yes I'm just gonna identify them by hair color because its easier than remembering all the team names, heh...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2014 4:42 PM

Mar 2012
I don't know why but that Kagami Meteor Jam reminds me of the Michael Jordan dunk at the end of Space Jam. Fun season as the first one was,
Mar 29, 2014 4:42 PM
Jul 2013
GREAT SEASON,

10/10 AGAIN

I WILL MISS KUROKO NO IPPO SATURDAYS
Mar 29, 2014 5:12 PM

Jan 2009
meteor jam!!!
Mar 29, 2014 5:13 PM

May 2012
Great ending. I like Akashi and Midorima staring each other like they're saying 'bring it on'..
9/10

s3 s3 s3 s3 s3 s3 s3 s3 s3 . . . . . .

Mar 29, 2014 5:14 PM

Dec 2012
Nice emotional resolution for Kagami and Himuro which started the season. Great episode to end off the season and a great season overall, fairly close to the first season imo.

8/10
Mar 29, 2014 5:15 PM

Jul 2013
Woah, Murasakibara in the zone, but still couldn't score.
Meteor Jam, the combined efforts of Kiyoshi and Kagami, and Kuroko's block :D
Great game.
Off to the semi-finals now.
Season 3 please :D
Mar 29, 2014 5:15 PM

Nov 2012
Was a great great season, great to see murasakibara losing, pretty much the biggest douche in the series so far, but I like the character, hopefully he'll grow a little.
Great season, 9/10.

Mar 29, 2014 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
Great way to end it.

Kagami being a freaking monster as usual and Kiyoshi stepping in at the end to help out.

They did get quite lucky in the end however.
Mar 29, 2014 5:24 PM

May 2013
Don't really care about Himuro and Kagami bromance, the game where Teppei was getting beat up was stupid imo, and I didn't really like misdirection overflow. Besides, those things, everything else was good. Can't wait for the next season (c'mon there has to be one), Kise is probably my second favorite character after Aomine. 8/10.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Mar 29, 2014 5:34 PM
Jan 2012
Kuroko blocking murasakibara, just I cannot even. Kind of a meh season 6/10. super kagami is a broken character now. There's a pretty obvious pattern to how these seirin matches progress.

What a crappy anime season. bring on spring 2014.
Mar 29, 2014 5:40 PM

May 2010
Baku219 said:
Don't really care about Himuro and Kagami bromance, the game where Teppei was getting beat up was stupid imo, and I didn't really like misdirection overflow. Besides, those things, everything else was good. Can't wait for the next season (c'mon there has to be one), Kise is probably my second favorite character after Aomine. 8/10.

i dunno why exactly but misdirection overflow was meh in the anime and in the manga it was..woahh..awesome!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

151 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

111 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2014

101 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

108 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2014

118 by NillyPC »»
Apr 18, 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.