Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 30, 2014 3:42 PM

Jun 2013
If there is one thing that I truly love about animes, it's this. No matter what the genre is, anime can still make my blood pump as if I I'm being chased by a bull high on steroids. Kuroko no Basket Season 2 was just as good (if not better) than its prequel. Each episode felt well done and thought out. The different characters of this show really gives it this unique feel of different powers clashing in an ultimate competition of sorts. It might seem repeditive, but it sure is enjoyable to watch. Kuroko and Aomine stood out as the best characters in my opinion. Aside from characters, the shounen aspect of the series was implemented so well without making the basketball aspect seem out of place.

What usually happens when I watch anime is that after a certain point, I get bored. It just happens because I get tired of what I'm watching. Here's the funny part, that never happened while watching this. For that alone this show is worth a 10/10 in my book. But, I don't want to end it with a 10/10 and be done with it, no matter how good S03 (hopefully) will be.

So I'm therefore going to give this absolutely wonderful and adrenaline pumping show a very solid 9/10.

There was one thing missing in order for this show to get a 10/10. Kuroko going into the Zone. Make that happen in S03 and while still maintaining this level of quality and I promise with my soul on the line to give it a 10/10.
May 1, 2014 11:19 AM

Mar 2012
I really hope that there's a 3rd season. I really want to watch Arashe play, he pissed me off. I want to see how good he is!
Anyways, I'd give an 8/10 because of the ending. (:
There's no such thing as a painless lesson.
They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary.
You can't gain anything without losing something first.
Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it,
you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.
Yeah, a heart made fullmetal.
- Fullmetal Alchemist
May 8, 2014 2:23 AM

Apr 2013
Mikixa said:
I really hope that there's a 3rd season. I really want to watch Arashe play, he pissed me off. I want to see how good he is!
Anyways, I'd give an 8/10 because of the ending. (:

Akashi is still such a mystery. Just a few lines of text and 1 big scene were he was introduced like an arrogant ass, just like the other members of the GOM in the beginning lol
May 10, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2010
Great end to the Yosen versus Seirin match
Just craving for more since Seirin advanced to the semi finals of the Winter Cup and the season ended there

Overall the first half was excellent which would have changed the title to Kiyoshi's Basuke
The latter was terrible at times with Kuroko's ignite pass Kai and misdirection overflow facepalm skills
Rough game reminded me of how Real Madrid used to play with Mourinho's brutal and defensive

Bleach with a basketball should not end here, but continue with a third season please!
May 11, 2014 2:59 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome, this is what I can say. This all comes to sentimentalism and love after all, might even be predictable sometimes, but it still does what it's supposed to do, enjoy the passionate audience, and it does it very well I'd say. So I enjoyed this even more than the first season, going for a 9/10 here.
May 13, 2014 12:51 PM

Feb 2014
Just Epic !! There's nothing more to say about this..I would rather love to see more of Murasakibara zone though!
May 17, 2014 5:30 AM

Jul 2013
one word: beautiful

needless to say I'm hoping for the 3rd season.. soon

9/10
May 18, 2014 5:21 AM
May 2012
Nice! enjoyed their interpretation of the manga.

8/10.

Hoping for 3rd season, and it would cover until the finals.
May 22, 2014 5:56 PM

Dec 2013
Very enjoyable 8/10
May 24, 2014 11:58 PM

Jun 2012
Very fun to watch and my blood really was pumping. The only thing that I didn't like was when Atsushi's legs broke... That came out of nowhere and felt unfair.
Shoot first, think never.
May 30, 2014 7:25 AM

Jul 2012
S3 nao pls!
Jun 9, 2014 5:05 PM

Jun 2012
That was a bit of a abrupt ending.
Jun 10, 2014 4:30 PM

Sep 2012
Murasakibara entered the zone but Seirin still won.

Kuroko= got the first score
Kuroko= got the last block
Naisu desu ne

I wanted to see Akashi play but oh well let's see him next season.

Shuhan said:

Yeah, a bit disappointing.

Semifinal. Looking forward for the next season.
Jun 16, 2014 1:17 PM

Mar 2011
I never thought I would like this, I never really cared for sports and I was put off by all the yaoi themes people gave it. But I heard it was good and I was addicted. Watched both seasons quickly and now I have to wait for more D:.

But as for this episode, I was worried they would lose, seeing where it was going to end. It only seemed logical to end here if they were knocked out, but I was glad I was wrong and they will continue the winter cup next time.

But that ruins my hopes for them going to America next season and the whole series being in English. I love the English in this anime XD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 19, 2014 5:37 AM

Oct 2013
Borgia said:

this but overall great show
Jun 24, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2012
I personally thought this season was a lot better than the first one. I cared more about Seirin and the characters in general during this season! I want to see more Aomine and Kise next season :D
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Jun 27, 2014 5:06 PM

Dec 2012
Well it got better, from the whole zone thing. But until episode 18 or so, it was pretty mediocre and sometimes bad imo. A lot of things I disliked about it, mainly how it became extremely unrealistic, compared to the first season. I started enjoying it, at the last 7 episodes, somethings bugged me, but they weren't as retarded as the misdirection overflow garbage, so I mostly enjoyed it.

7/10. And I'm being extremely generous. In fact, I'm bumping the first season from 8, to 9/10, just because it was so much better, it's unreal, as if they were written by two different people.
tsudecimoJun 27, 2014 5:10 PM
Jul 3, 2014 10:31 PM

Jan 2012
Prince of Basketball gonna prince of basketball

all the special moves are cringe-worthy whenever they call it out

target audience is def.. pre-teen and 99% of females that know nothing about the sport

7.5/10
Jul 19, 2014 10:53 PM
Jun 2014
Honestly, that final game disappointed me. Yosen was clearly the better team, but they lost because Kagami went super saiyan. I miss when matches were won on skill, and not something only the "chosen" can do.

And yay, now we got Alex, another fan service character. I thought Momoi was bad, but Alex takes it farther, being naked around guys, and kissing any gender that are underage. Now we got Momoi and Alex for season 3 for pointless fanservice, yay.
Aug 3, 2014 12:58 PM

May 2012
Never had any interest in basketball but man, I marathoned the crap out of this show. Finished the first and second season in just four days. Despite having games that lasted several episodes, time still managed to fly by when I was watching it. Sure sometimes it gets a little cheesy with everything needing to be named like it's a secret technique in an action anime but that doesn't stop it from being entertaining. 8/10

Now I just wish the 3rd season would come sooner so we could see Gaar...I mean Akashi play.
Aug 4, 2014 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
Such a Blast !!! can't wait for the 3rd season to come out, this season Akashi didn't get enough scenes, at least i want to see him compete with other team, well we have to wait 'till next year then to see that, ahh i hope i have a time capsule or just read the manga instead, lol

Aomine said only choosen people who love Basketball that can enter the zone, i really want to see Kuroko entering the zone mode, because he loves basketball more than anyone else, i hope he's able to do that, it'd be awesome !

Overall score 9/10... 2015 please come quick !!!!
Aug 13, 2014 6:31 PM

Apr 2010
Ah boy. This was intense. That eye contact between Akashi and Midorima xD I sense ships. Next season would be fun!
Aug 27, 2014 12:17 AM

Aug 2014
I liked the change in Murasakibara, you can tell that he cares for his teammates even though he doesn't really show it.

Great season overall, can't wait for season three.
Aug 29, 2014 5:02 PM

Aug 2011
As a real fan of basketball, I understood how bad the anime is in representing real basketball but I can't help but love how ridiculous this show is in "anime-fying" basketball. Can't wait for next season. Rakuzan pls
Sep 5, 2014 11:06 PM

Sep 2013
Nice, another win for Seirin.

I wonder why this anime is called Kuroko no basket though when Kuroko doesnt really get to be on the spotlight. And this anime is starting to get a little repetitive.

Im giving this an 8/10 the same score I gave the first season.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 5, 2014 11:24 PM

Aug 2014
Nice win for Seirin. Fell a little sorry for Murasakibara and his team though.
Btw i hear the 3rd season will be released on 2015 but anyone know the exact month it will be released???
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 13, 2014 8:12 AM

Oct 2012
Well, it's just Akashi now?
I think I'll read the manga
I can't wait for 3rd season
I just want to see the faces when he lost
Yeah, that! xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 13, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2014
So I just finished the second season and wow what a ride. Here are some thoughts I want to share with you guys.

About Seirin vs Yosen:

- I still hate Murasakibara’s personality but I would lie if he wasn’t the most entertaining player once he was in the court. The moment he switched to offense and the hoop break are among the most memorable in the series. Too bad Production I.G. didn’t do the match justice because in the end I wanted to see more from the guy who apparently scored 100 points in a single match once. Once Kagami entered the zone he was rendered as helpless as the rest of his team.
- As awesome as Murasakibara was, the rest of Yosen was simply lacking. So far each team had a few interesting members besides their obvious star player but here no one stands out. Tatsuya in particular was just as dull as his play style, so much for someone who was hyped as “almost” as good as the GoM members.

About the series in general:

- S2 has its fair share of problems but in the end it was the better season exactly because everything became so ridiculous. I certainly didn’t watch it because I expected a realistic portrayal of basketball. :)
- The pacing was off, and I wondered if there really was a need to spend so much time with the preliminaries instead of focusing on the main course: the Winter Cup matches. Seirin vs Yosen in particular would have been better with one more episode to wrap things better up.
- Kagami is still as unlikeable as ever, and I’m sad to see better teams losing against his friendship power ups and constant yelling.
- Akashi’s introduction was disappointing. He get’s talked about so much yet all we saw was 5 minutes of a guy who definitely seems a little bit loco en el coco.
- Seirin’s last second wins became tiring after a while. I get that they wanted to show the GoM teams as equally strong but it would have been more interesting to change the formula a bit from time to time. I mean, how many times were they hopelessly behind but still managed to turn it around with a buzzer beater?
- The soundtrack was really, really good.
- Murasakibaracchi… seriously Kise?

Well that’s all. I’m looking forward to the 3rd series that’s for sure :)
Nov 7, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2012
Good job they won :) The zone effects really make them monsters :D I am ready to watch season 3.

8/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Dec 5, 2014 11:53 PM

Jul 2014
Dat Akashi and Midorima staring contest doe

Amazing anime, can't wait for season 3
Dec 14, 2014 10:23 AM

May 2014
Nice move Kuroko! I wasn't expecting he will be the one blocking Murasakibara at the ending of the game. And agree what's so difficult in being brothers and rivals at the same time.

I guess Midorima was defeated by Akashi or the will play against eachother in the semifinals. Oh boy, less than a month until the 3rd season!! xD
Dec 14, 2014 5:54 PM

Jul 2014
Damn I guess I underestimated sports anime. On the other hand I can't wait for the third season.
Dec 22, 2014 6:24 PM

Jun 2009
Dec 24, 2014 8:11 PM

Oct 2011
Dashingfella said:
Honestly, that final game disappointed me. Yosen was clearly the better team, but they lost because Kagami went super saiyan. I miss when matches were won on skill, and not something only the "chosen" can do.

So Yosen deserves to win when they have a player that's so selfish that he only plays defense for more than half the game, but Kagami put enough effort into the game to tip the scales and deserves to lose? You need to reconsider that statement, son.
Dec 24, 2014 9:29 PM

Jul 2014
really enjoy this season 9/10 ( well it's more than that but still not deserve 10 )
Jan 1, 2015 6:07 PM

Aug 2014
Oh yeah, they made it! They could win to Yosen ^^.
Now I just need to wait for the third season... I love this season too, so definitely I will enjoy next one! :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 7, 2015 12:21 AM
Feb 2014
BasketBall Z
Still enjoyable, not on level of the first season
Jan 7, 2015 5:58 PM

Jun 2014
Kuroko blocking Murasakibara's shot has to be my favourite moment from this whole show. Unbelievable hustle and extremely clutch play from Kuroko.
Jan 14, 2015 6:35 AM

Jan 2014
This episode made me really happy ^_^
Kagami's meteor dunk, Kuroko's block!!
And Mukkun... that idiot.. dayuum..<33
I WANT MOAAAAAAAR!! *________*
Feb 1, 2015 12:18 PM

Apr 2011
Murisakibara is such a tsundere about basketball.

So many superpowers, bishies, and male tsunderes...no wonder I love this show!
Apr 7, 2015 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
Man, wanted to see more of Murasakibara in the zone, I guess next time then~ He looked so hot with his hair tied up! XD Nice to see he cried though, means he does love basketball (i guess)!

Anyway, EPIC SEASON!!!! SO much better than S1! Well maybe because it is getting more "shounen" now and not just an "ordinary basketball", which is what I like and expect from a shounen series LOL XD

The OST is also really awesome~!!

Gonna watch Season 3 now~ too bad it's still ongoing and i have to wait for the episodes though~
May 11, 2015 3:26 PM

Jun 2008
Being the most physically gifted. Being born with talent. Being in the zone< Being a short 1.60 something little guy that decides to jump.

Damn! The author took Murasakibara's zone and shit all over it really. The zone did fucking nothing despite him being taller and more powerful than anyone.

It's an entertaining series but all the people making this seem so unique and awesome just haven't seen much sport anime it seems. There are quite a few better than this and less silly.
MonadMay 11, 2015 4:05 PM
May 21, 2015 9:01 AM

May 2013
Kiyoshi is back and he managed to stop Mirage Shot with Hyuuga's help.
However, Murasakibara has entered the Zone! Damn, it took Kagami and Kiyoshi to block his dunk.

Kagami's Meteor Jam and Kuroko's block managed to win the game for Seirin. (^_^)
Can't wait for more epic basketball matches. To the semifinals!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 22, 2015 12:50 PM
Jun 2014
MrPositron said:
Dashingfella said:

So Yosen deserves to win when they have a player that's so selfish that he only plays defense for more than half the game, but Kagami put enough effort into the game to tip the scales and deserves to lose? You need to reconsider that statement, son.

Murasakibara is a center, and he's lazy, so it fits his character. And no, Kagami has plot armor and his main weapon is screaming. Even Himuro makes a better GOM than Kagami, he sucks.

I'd also like to add that Murasakibara would have stomped Seirin were it not for Aomine and Kise. It's not really fair, the other three got a chance to play and lose on their own terms. But Aomine had to teach Kuroko to shoot, and Kise pep-talked Kagami into getting in the zone. Yosen would have owned Seirin if not for those two. Look at how the game was going pre-zone Kagami and without Kuroko's phantom shot.
DashingfellaMay 22, 2015 6:13 PM
May 25, 2015 3:02 AM

Apr 2015
WOAH FINALLLYYYYY!!!!
this show is just amazing.
10/10 because THAT BATTLE KAGAMI VS AOMINE WAS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AWESOME.
So fucking awesome I can't stop thingking how amazing it was and I can't stop smiling just because thinking about it. WOAH WOAH.
I can't wait for akashi arc!! he seems the most dangerous among kisekai no sedai.
YASS will watch 3rd ASAP after examination ;__;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2015 8:25 PM

Oct 2011
Dashingfella said:
MrPositron said:

Murasakibara is a center, and he's lazy, so it fits his character. And no, Kagami has plot armor and his main weapon is screaming. Even Himuro makes a better GOM than Kagami, he sucks.

I'd also like to add that Murasakibara would have stomped Seirin were it not for Aomine and Kise. It's not really fair, the other three got a chance to play and lose on their own terms. But Aomine had to teach Kuroko to shoot, and Kise pep-talked Kagami into getting in the zone. Yosen would have owned Seirin if not for those two. Look at how the game was going pre-zone Kagami and without Kuroko's phantom shot.

The key phrase I'm seeing you use is "would have". It's stupid to say that Murisakibara "would have" won because he's better. While that's probably true, you can't just play literally half of basketball and automatically win. If you think that, you're basically retarded when it comes to basketball. What "did" happen was that he lost to a team that actually played giving it their all, which is basically one of the morals of the show.

And how is being lazy an argument to support Murisakibara being better. I'll take someone who "screams" over that any day.

Kagami goes into the zone because it's established that you can only do so when you love basketball AND are incredibly good, so you don't know shit saying he sucks. And since when is learning to shoot and practicing to get better at it bullshit. If it is, all basketball players are pretty bullshit.

The reason the game changed after the phantom shot and the zone was because there were also several tactical changes that Seiren made to make the comeback. Did you know that basketball teams in real life also change their gameplans to try and win? You probably didn't, it's a well kept secret...

If there are any more poorly thought out counter-arguments you have, I'd love to hear them.
Jul 5, 2015 3:21 PM
Mar 2015
that intense gaze between akashi n midorima o.o n the next second midorima with his lucky item lol xD it never fails to amuse me

kagami'meteor jam n kuroko's block.yass!!

also when kuroko gets mad towards kagami at the end,im sorry...he still looks cute xD

btw,finally finished watching this,season 3...here i come!
Jul 14, 2015 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
SOOOO EPICCCCCCCCCC
Damn, loved this so muchhhhhh *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.*
Kagami GODMODE is just too much man, Kagami's such a beast.
AND KIYOSHI OMG. Kinda my favourite character so far *.* XD
Everything about this was awesome.
Bring on the 3rd Season already *.* HOPE AKASHI GETS DESTROYED BY EVERYONE :)
Jul 23, 2015 5:09 AM

Aug 2014
A good sequel though all of this whole thing with drives and what not gave it a weird supernatural like element and sounded pretty stupid imo. But some development of Aomine, Hyuuga and Teppei that also made them more likeable + being an overall good season, I will give this a solid 8/10

Also the moment Midorima and Akashi stared at each other, that was one hella intense moment right there, I'm looking forward to the rematch against Kise though.
Sep 1, 2015 9:11 AM

Dec 2013
Man that was so hype! I'm so glad that I finally decided to watch this. Well on to season 3.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

151 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

111 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2014

101 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

108 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2014

118 by NillyPC »»
Apr 18, 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.