Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2014 12:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Solomon and his philosophy of co-existence. And his staff was entrusted so that people can become magicians. Nice. That creature sure is something though, of the Hunter Clan.

And so that was also how Solomon's wish to create a world of harmony. A lot of clashes about ideologies this chapter relating to co-existence anyways. I'm not sure how much I can agree with Agares. I think I like the way Solomon wishes to have a world of peace and harmony for all species. The cheering seems to suggest a favor of him. No wonder he is respected so much.

Mar 30, 2014 7:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So of course the dream and ideal will end very badly. Otherwise there won't be the current storyline. In other words, Solomon somewhat screwed up.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 30, 2014 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
ALRIGHT, the real chapter is out now lol. And I agree with Stark, Solomon's philosophical ways are pretty awesome!
Good chapter; more development in Solomon's character and Sheba and Solomon's relationship. Pretty sure Sheba and Solomon are going to get married and next chapter we see Solomon at 17 years old.
So if Aladdin is Solomon's kid then I'm pretty sure Sheba's his mom
Mar 30, 2014 8:17 PM

Dec 2011
Wait, if Solomon is 17 in the next chapter how old is he now?
Mar 30, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
kato5 said:
Wait, if Solomon is 17 in the next chapter how old is he now?

I'd say 13 or 14 but I can only guess
Mar 30, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
I think I'm seeing where this is actually going.

After uniting the world, Solomon will have three Magi working under him: Ugo, Sheba and Gyokuen.

While admiring Solomon, Sheba developed feeling for him and with time it became mutual. Just as the Islamic story want it, Solomon will be King and he will have Sheba as his queen.

The problem start now.
You see, this chapter Solomon's speech about love was grandiose yet it was double edged. Love is the best thing in the world when it is mutual but it can also become the worst experience to go through when it is unrequited. When Solomon united the world under the pretense of love he created a world that was unbearable for those whose love didn't flourish.

Gyokuen was also in love with Solomon but Solomon was in mutual love with Sheba. When she realized that she would never be able to reach Solomon's heart, she cursed her fate and fell into depravity. The story then made it clear, out of rage she aimed to destroy what Solomon hold dear and what he created.

In Alma Toran, Gyokuen didn't look anything like Sheba yet the present Gyokuen looks very similar to Sheba, down to the haircut she had in chapter 216.
link removed (chapter 215, page 17)
You can see from the silhouette that Sheba's hairs are long and in braid just like the present Gyokuen while the Gyokuen in this time had shorter and curvier hair. Gyokuen's beauty spot is purposely hidden in this page as well.
link removed (chapter 215, page 18)

Gyokuen also possesses Sheba's staff. From this, I think that the conclusions are easy to reach.

Out of spite for Sheba, Gyokuen killed her and tried to take her place... to become Solomon's lover. The way she arranges her hair to look close to Sheba's can also be perceived as her trying to win his approval.

If Aladdin really is Solomon's reincarnation then he probably is the only one who can reach Gyokuen's heart and save her from depravity.

No need to come rushing at my throat if you do not agree, that's only my opinion.

Mod Edit: Please do not post links to manga reading sites. If you want to post a manga page, please upload it somewhere else. Please also note that only one manga page or other image is allowed per post unless two images are absolutely necessary for the discussion.
LunaMar 31, 2014 1:14 AM
Mar 30, 2014 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
Shangetsu said:

After uniting the world, Solomon will have three Magi working under him: Ugo, Sheba and Gyokuen.

While admiring Solomon, Sheba developed feeling for him and with time it became mutual. Just as the Islamic story want it, Solomon will be King and he will have Sheba as his queen.

The problem start now.
You see, this chapter Solomon's speech about love was grandiose yet it was double edged. Love is the best thing in the world when it is mutual but it can also become the worst experience to go through when it is unrequited. When Solomon united the world under the pretense of love he created a world that was unbearable for those whose love didn't flourish.

Gyokuen was also in love with Solomon but Solomon was in mutual love with Sheba. When she realized that she would never be able to reach Solomon's heart, she cursed her fate and fell into depravity. The story then made it clear, out of rage she aimed to destroy what Solomon hold dear and what he created.

In Alma Toran, Gyokuen didn't look anything like Sheba yet the present Gyokuen looks very similar to Sheba, down to the haircut she had in chapter 216.
You can see from the silhouette that Sheba's hairs are long and in braid just like the present Gyokuen while the Gyokuen in this time had shorter and curvier hair. Gyokuen's beauty spot is purposely hidden in this page as well.

Gyokuen also possesses Sheba's staff. From this, I think that the conclusions are easy to reach.

Out of spite for Sheba, Gyokuen killed her and tried to take her place... to become Solomon's lover. The way she arranges her hair to look close to Sheba's can also be perceived as her trying to win his approval.

If Aladdin really is Solomon's reincarnation then he probably is the only one who can reach Gyokuen's heart and save her from depravity.

No need to come rushing at my throat if you do not agree, that's only my opinion.

That actually sounds like a pretty solid prediction

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
LunaMar 31, 2014 1:16 AM
Mar 30, 2014 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
Shangetsu said:

As it was shown in ch 218, Arba possesses the winged staff and so she will become the third magi. Also, in the Kingdom of Magic anime, a voice actress was credited as Solomon's queen, so Solomom will get married at some point, and so far Sheba is the most likely candidate.

It would be funny if Gyokuen is Arba and the reason why she betrayed Solomon was because he friend-zoned her. But if that's true, it could explain why she fell in love with Hakutoku: it was because he might have reminded her of Solomon.

Theories aside, it seems the djinns represent the leader of each tribe that allied itself with Solomon back then. Looking forward to when he finally clashes with David.
Mar 30, 2014 11:20 PM

Aug 2010
Really awesome speech there Solomon.

Great chapter and things will start to move soon. Lets see ^^

And yeah surprised that this isn't the 17 yr old Solomon XD all this hotness and he's just 13-14 O_O? XD
Mar 31, 2014 12:58 AM

Jun 2013
Oh, so Solomon's heritage was revealed so easily, like it would not be big deal? meh, also agreeing on it.

Wait? Alibaba's Amon is from Hermit Tribe? I tough he was just big headed human, or Djinn's, not different tribe.

So, other species think somewhat same as normal magicians, Humans were chosen, rest of species were forsaken. let's see how Solomon changes their Minds.

haha, Solomon, is Starting to make his Kingdom born Just now. It's Starts now, creation of the Greatest Kingdom of all time, that lasted many years before they were betrayed from inside, Alma Toran!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 31, 2014 1:12 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Cleaned.
Removed the discussion about the troll translation.
Mar 31, 2014 12:42 PM

Feb 2012
Man that was really an awesome chapter, great speech he delivered there, and united everybody, spread love errywhere.

And lol at the end, I seriously thought he was like 18 y.o. there.
Mar 31, 2014 6:42 PM

May 2013
Good chapter. Didn't think that Amon was from another tribe. Good speech by Solomon, bringing together the different species.
Mar 31, 2014 7:08 PM

May 2012
great the real ch,. wonder why everyone keep calling Solomon as arrogant, there might be some disagreement between Solomon and Sheba's philosophy. There's more room for character development cant really tell for now.

-I miss Jimmy though.

Apr 1, 2014 6:05 AM

Jul 2011
Solomon giving away the staffs to different tribes reminded me of how a djinn chooses his king candidate. And like metal vessels, they are only able to use a single type of magic.
Apr 1, 2014 7:01 AM

Mar 2014
Shangetsu said:

The problem start now.

Mod Edit: Please do not post links to manga reading sites. If you want to post a manga page, please upload it somewhere else. Please also note that only one manga page or other image is allowed per post unless two images are absolutely necessary for the discussion.

That's a great post. I think you make some great predicitons. What I am curious is about the evil god and why Gyokuen, Ithnan and the others worship it.
Apr 2, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2012
The charisma exuding from Solomon is just too much to handle.
Apr 3, 2014 10:15 PM

Aug 2012
dragonlight said:
The charisma exuding from Solomon is just too much to handle.
Speaking of charisma, was nobody else bothered by how much Solomon resembled Sinbad in some panels? Both in personality and expression.
Apr 4, 2014 12:46 AM
Jan 2011
sanjithecook123 said:
Shangetsu said:

The problem start now.

I agree.

I have a theory of my own.

Sheba love Solomon. Solomon love Sheba. They married and had Aladdin.

Sheba died. Solomon despair. Solomon broke the taboo - he tried to to revive Sheba using the black ruth. Sheba is alive.

Time passes by, Solomon did not notice it but his friends begin to notice a "wrongness" with Sheba. Something felt wrong with her.

Sheba changed, her ego is collapsing, the black ruth begin consuming her. She then betrayed Solomon and use the black ruth to taint Ilah. Ilah became the incarnation of evil and proceed to destroy the world.

Sheba and her companions wage war against Solomon. Sheba lost and their bodies was destroyed. Solomon seal Ilah. The war ended but the fate of the world is seal. The world is dying.

Solomon created a world level magic. He created a world within world. Dreams within dreams. Stories upon stories. Layer upon layer of reality similiar to the 1001 nights.

The world change! Solomon become a God. His vessels become Djinns. The rest of the people of the world were sent to the old world and become humans! The rest is history...
KanameFujiwaraApr 4, 2014 1:02 AM
Apr 6, 2014 2:41 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty epic speech. Although, Solomon ain't no Bill Pullman yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLywiaM6PA
Apr 23, 2014 9:15 PM

Oct 2012
FINALLY! for a while, i could only find the april fool's version of the chapter!

epic speech is epic. solomon is a pretty incredible guy. i'm a little unsettled with how similar he is to sinbad though. aladdin's looks with sinbad's personality is no bueno...
Mar 4, 2015 9:01 AM

Jun 2008
sanjithecook123 said:
Shangetsu said:

The problem start now.

Personally i still think Sheba is Gyokuen and there no twist in this and that is the reason she holds the same staff.
Nov 19, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
Such a great speech, Solomon is really awesome.
Pretty ironic that *love* would become the undoing of Alma Torran :<

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.