Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2014 6:27 PM

Mar 2009
I hope there is a second season. There were a couple mysteries like who was that AI or how the island got so big in the future...etc.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Mar 28, 2014 6:38 PM

Dec 2012
Kojou: This is my fight!
Yukina: Iie senpai...

Worthy of a slow clap, that line is going to stick with me for a long time. Despite being a shorter arc, I liked this one and thought it was interesting to get a glimpse at what the future holds for them as well as showcasing just how close Yukina and Kojou are. Although I wonder what the deal with Mogwai was.

Overall an enjoyable series, albeit I thought it started off strong and devolved into too much of a harem by the end. But as a whole I feel this was a better side of harem and did more with the genre. I was getting tired of it but only because it gets bothersome to keep up with a series for 24 weeks. A 7/10, I'll stay tuned in for a Strike the Senpai season 2 should it come. If there is one, however, I would prefer a bigger story now that the semi-episodic arcs have set the ground work.
Mar 28, 2014 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
as far as Ecchi/harems goes this was about what i expected *average* don't think i would had stuck around the whole way if it wasn't for some of the girls STB did good on that part

but the story..it had promise in the beginning....i just don't know where to start all the arcs (which they were far to many of) felt rushed to the point in which they were forgettable half the time i didn't even understand what they were about.

6/10
Mar 28, 2014 6:44 PM

Aug 2012
I enjoyed this it was fun watching it. I'd like a season 2 but I'd want it focused more on the future with Reina. Maybe a time skip or something along those lines.

Mar 28, 2014 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
Nice
lol that escalated really quickly.
Yukina's usual "This our fight" crap again
(Don't get me wrong, I don't hate her. I just hate that she keeps repeating that crap over and over)

Moegi, finally got to see her. :D
Reina.. :D
Kojou died but he can't die? lol wtf
Season 2 please.
Mar 28, 2014 6:59 PM
Nov 2013
Dam both Koujo's daugther is hot as f!!!! NICE ENDING to the 1st season can't wait for 2nd season if there is one......9/10..I wish we could have seen more of Asagi daugther but oh well.. PLUS REINA IS VOICE MY FAVORITE Voice ACTRESS!!!!! Kana Asumi!!! I hope we get so see the other daughters of the other blood partners (if there is one) if then make season 2....Anyway a good ending to to a good anime...See you all in the Spring anime 2014!!! Peace!!
Mar 28, 2014 7:07 PM

Nov 2013
julyan04 said:
DGemu said:

julyan04 said:

That future is very interesting. I wonder if there's side story for that in the novels.
Reina saying that Kojou is dead when he's not got me totally curious. I wonder what she meant by that.

It was a joke, Moegi retorts her saying he's not dead.

I know that it was a joke, but there's no reason for her to do that. I think there must be something behind it.

True. Hmm, there could be. Nice way to get me anticipating a 2nd season ;z
Mar 28, 2014 7:09 PM

Oct 2012
Last episode of fan service and vampires~ It was wrapped up pretty nicely...lol took them long enough to realize that she was their future daughter.

Its been fun watching this series. I wouldnt be surprised to see a season 2 :)
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Mar 28, 2014 7:11 PM

Apr 2013
Damn Koujou got his own empire with his harem!! I just wish he actually fought more of his battles instead of himeragi jumping in to cockblock. Overall I give it a 7/10 but a 9.5/10 for his harem. Himeragi is the worst in his harem though.
Mar 28, 2014 7:18 PM

Aug 2013
Over all i enjoyed the series, i didn't much care for the last arc tbh, felt a bit rushed but overall i loved the series.

8/10
My Candies:
Mar 28, 2014 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
So, Moegi was also Koujo's daughter too. I was surprised. It will be nice too if Kojou had other daughters besides Reina and Moeji.
Mar 28, 2014 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
Well it was alright.
Could have been better if Yukina wasn't so annoying with her: "It's our fight, senpai" and if Kojou was an actual vampire/shinso (wanna see what a real "strongest vampire" can do? Watch Hellsing Ultimate).

Final score is 7/10. Cute girls, decent action, always appreciated ecchi.
Nothing else to say really.
Mar 28, 2014 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
And Strike the Blood ends with a chance of a second season. I'll plan on watching it as I hope it focuses more on anyone other than Himeragi. Show was pretty much every arc rehashed and redone for the two cours as there were many similarities in each such as Kojou pulling out a new familiar to beat a new villain and teaming up with Himeragi to save the day.

Fanservice was pretty damn good with the appealing art but it's just that Yukina brought the show down; but it was not enough for me to not somewhat enjoy it. Still cringed sometimes but a fun ride. 7/10
Mar 28, 2014 8:05 PM

Jan 2008
What, no more Yuuma? FFFUUU

Want to see more of the mentioned future Empire. Bring on the time-skips and a season 2.
Mar 28, 2014 8:34 PM

Nov 2013
Well we saw this line coming from a mile away. It's not only Senpai's fight http://imgur.com/a/lfXmS but also their daughter's. http://i.imgur.com/83fX18E.jpg Love the full version of the ED as well.

7/10. Strike the Blood was a great show, I'm gonna miss it. It was so stupid that it was good. Where else am I gonna get my cliche battle phrases and astronomical density rolled into one? Fortunately it seems to be selling well enough for a season 2, and they left the ending kind of open.
Mar 28, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
ryanstrike said:
I hope 2nd season coming soon!
Not likely buddy, there are only 3 or so more volumes than they adapted so it is gonna take a while before we see any of that.

Yukina had a couple issues but she managed to get her game straight. I still like Yukina, shame she has brown instead of black hair, as honestly appearance wise I prefer Reina for that and the blue eyes.

Anyway arc was fun and was a nice way to end the season. Now I'm just waiting for the OST 2 to be a thing to entertain myself with and why not read the novels when they are translated.

All in all I liked the series despite more than 1 resemblance with Toaru, it still manages to be its own series alright, and many of the girls here are a lot better than some in Toaru for the matter, they are nice and sexy A LOT at that.

And is it my idea or Moegi just lost sex appeal in comparison to her mother sort of, and Reina gained all of it with gorgeous results?

I'd like for future volumes if possible to focus more on the 3 Progenitor ordeals and why not, include that whole Trance-Nagisa thing that somehow seems linked with Avrora?

Anyway 10/10 and yes I like Yukina over the rest.
Mar 28, 2014 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
OMG that himeragi cheezy azz line in the ep loL that was funny XD. This arc is ok ish i guess wierd to end your anime in such way i was expecting more of a bang ending to pump up fans if STB got 2nd season.

Overall 7/10 fun anime with a lot of repetiveness, nuff said.
AndroidJacketMar 28, 2014 8:43 PM
Mar 28, 2014 8:39 PM

Jun 2013
Once again, Yukina doing the " no this is our fight senpai" part ugh.
Yukina makes me want to throw my phone across the room. Seriously.

Asagi x Kojou would be way better! Was that their child after the credits though?
6/10
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Mar 28, 2014 8:58 PM
Nov 2013
And I thought they weren't gonna be able to wrap things up nicely, and they proved me wrong. Pretty good series, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Season 2 please!
Mar 28, 2014 9:05 PM

Apr 2010
Mar 28, 2014 9:15 PM

Jan 2014
antonn said:
ie senpai/10
Meaning?
Mar 28, 2014 9:17 PM

Dec 2013
I liked the end.

Totally want a second season!!!

and maybe some fan service OVA in between!!!
Mar 28, 2014 9:18 PM

Dec 2007
julyan04 said:
DGemu said:

julyan04 said:

That future is very interesting. I wonder if there's side story for that in the novels.
Reina saying that Kojou is dead when he's not got me totally curious. I wonder what she meant by that.

It was a joke, Moegi retorts her saying he's not dead.

I know that it was a joke, but there's no reason for her to do that. I think there must be something behind it.

It's most likely referring to a change in him that fundamentally altered the way he acts, and is most certainly related to either the great cataclysm they occasionally hint at and his founding an empire. Maybe he actually grew a pair somewhere . . .
Mar 28, 2014 10:01 PM

Feb 2014
I wonder if Koujo also had a daugter/son with the other girls aside from Himeragi and Asagi
Mar 28, 2014 10:04 PM
Nov 2013
I enjoyed this part:

Yukina: "I, Sword Shaman of the High God, as a priestess of the Lion, beseech thee, dawn light of exorcism, spirit wolf of snowy mist, grant me the divine might of thy steel, that I may smite a hundred evil spirits!"

Reina: "Here I go! Hasta Aurum!"

Same effect.
Mar 28, 2014 10:11 PM

Apr 2010
BGMaxie said:
antonn said:
ie senpai/10
Meaning?

Saa.
Mar 28, 2014 10:27 PM

Mar 2009
So is Moegi really Asagi's daughter? Is kojou the father?

Tsk2..i thought Moegi would be as hot as Asagi..i guess not.

And that infamous line of Yukina...oh please not again...sheeesh.

Asagi wasn't able to confess. Bummer!
Mar 28, 2014 10:31 PM

Mar 2012
This last arc was...how should I put it. It elevated the series and raised the stakes -- now we know Kojou will eventually be founding an empire, after all -- but it also threw this series into a place it didn't necessarily need to be in. I mean, this foreshadows something that's so far into the future and so overwhelming that I can't see how upcoming arcs will be able to match this one.

And I don't know how popular this series is, but it definitely looks like it's angling for a second season, which I hope it gets. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of fan service in this series, 99% of which were pretty much there for no apparent good reason. But I personally have found it to be fairly enjoyable. It certainly could've done better with the way Kojou fights (which is to overpower everything in his way), but I like the world setting and yes, even the characters. During this arc where there was more emphasis on the romance between the two it's even better because we're taken out of the silly harem routine.

As for speculations, we can be somewhat sure that Kojou's not the same person in the future, or at least his relationships with people aren't the same. We've seen some foreshadowing of that with how Reina almost felt bittersweet to see Kojou interact with people in the present. Another speculation we can make is that Kojou might actually enter harem end later on based on the fact that Moegi is Asagi's daughter. Well, unless Asagi got together with someone else (which is highly questionable), she can't have a daughter. And if Kojou ended up with both Asagi and Himeragi, there's no saying who else he could've ended up with. Anyway, here's looking forward to more questions being answered in season 2.
Mar 28, 2014 10:40 PM
Mar 2013
Felt really stupid after realizing it was Yukina and Koujou's daughter only in the last episode. I should have realized it earlier since the hints are all over the place.

While I do admit that the line they say in most of their fights gets really annoying, I did enjoy the show for the most part. Hoping it get's a second season because why not?

Worse shows like Maken-ki and Highschool DxD gets to have second season, why Strike the Blood can't when it's clearly better!?
Mar 28, 2014 10:59 PM
Mar 2014
Oh yea, Kojou and Asagi got a daughter too! Now, come on, SHOW ME KOJOU AND LA FOLIA'S DAUGHTER! :))
Mar 28, 2014 11:05 PM

Jun 2013
wow that ending is screaming for season 2

Thank you for not cliff hanging.

So I guess we know who he ends up with now eh, . .. 8D
Mar 28, 2014 11:11 PM

Apr 2011
I'd like to see Kojou and Sayaka's daughter....someday.
Mar 28, 2014 11:21 PM

May 2013
Kojou probably had daughters to all of the girls who allowed him to suck their blood. I'd like to see La Folia and Kojou's daughter. Maybe she's as beautiful as her mother. So does Kojou some like the ruler of the whole island now? Because the arc is titled, Emipre Of The Dawn. Just a guess anyway.
I also demand a sequel to this, although the ending was perfect.
CreamZiMar 28, 2014 11:25 PM
Mar 28, 2014 11:28 PM
Jun 2012
Will probably not be continuing this if Himeragi remains as an incredibly annoying main girl and THIS IS OUR FIGHT line. The story decent and all but himeragi just ruins every episode for me tbh..
Mar 28, 2014 11:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yven said:

Worse shows like Maken-ki and Highschool DxD gets to have second season, why Strike the Blood can't when it's clearly better!?

Sorry but Highschool DxD remains superior to this series. Strike the Blood is decent but I don't think it's on par with Highschool DxD yet.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 29, 2014 12:16 AM

Jun 2013
Ahhhh god dammit I knew Aiba's god damn computer AI was god damn evil. What's his god damn name? Mogwai?

I miss La Folia.

Great show, super consistent the whole way through. The action was enthralling and they managed to develop such a huge cast really well. And the girls were gorgeous. I think Strike the Blood is really the top of its genre.

8.5 / 10 for me.
Mar 29, 2014 12:22 AM

Jun 2013
antonn said:
BGMaxie said:
antonn said:
ie senpai/10
Meaning?

Saa.

This exchange tho.
Mar 29, 2014 12:28 AM

Oct 2013
Surprisingly the scenes after the ED song were good.

Honestly, I would not mind a season 2 at all but I have no problem if it never gets one (LN and anime sales are good tho).
Mar 29, 2014 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
Was quite okay I guess, needs a 2nd season with more romance.
8/10
Mar 29, 2014 12:54 AM

Aug 2010
Well at least it seems like Moegi is older than Reina so her did Asagi first :P
Mar 29, 2014 12:57 AM

Aug 2008
Fuck, that was awesome for an ending. At first I had my misgivings about the time traveling, since it felt the harem aspect wouldn't end up staying like that into the future (ie., he picked Himeragi).

But the guy makes an Empire and possibly has many lovers?! That's just great.
Mar 29, 2014 1:00 AM

Nov 2012
Yven said:

what...... I understand the maken-ki thing, but saying that strike the blood is better than high school dxd is such a blasphemy.
Mar 29, 2014 1:00 AM

Feb 2012
Damn, another "This is our fight" line, seriously? Doesn't Kojou ever learn that after saying "This is my fight", the annoying girl would reply the exact same f*ckin line all over again? I wish the future could still be altered and he'll end up with Asagi! I got pissed that Asagi's confession got interrupted!

-0.50 for the repetitive "this is our fight" line. Another -0.50 for the annoying female MC. -0.50 for Asagi's lack of importance in the show and being the only one in the group unaware that Kojou is the 4th primogenitor vampire. Despite these, I still enjoyed the anime. 6.5/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 29, 2014 1:09 AM

Aug 2013
That was an interesting final episode. Had a little bit of everything in it. They even gave sexy little Nina and La Folia brief screen time.

One thing that's really surprising me is the reception of the show on MAL. Back when this first started airing people were like "fuck this unoriginal garbage" blah blah. But now that it's ended, even the people who have rated it as kind of average giving it a 5 or 6, still didn't really dislike it and seem to approve a second season. That just seems bafflingly rare to me. For people to decide they didn't think it was anything spectacular, but still enjoyed it for what it was and want to see more.

Personally, I thought it was a great show. The cliché "don't call your teacher chan", and "nooo senpai, this is our fight!" every episode was always enjoyable. The fights weren't bad, and the familiars looked awesome. The fanservice was great (then again it's hard to make fanservice bad) and they did a good job of making all the girls of the harem sexy.

The biggest downside for me was the fact that they seemed to jump around quite a bit and threw a lot of terminology and facts at you, without really explaining them too much. Especially during like the Blue Witch arc.

When all is said and done, I thoroughly enjoyed it and ill be looking forward to a season 2. Judging from the loose ends they left, plus LN material and the fact that they've been advertising the hell out of it to the point where I assume it's pretty popular in Japan, I'll be betting on a season 2 in the future.
Mar 29, 2014 1:27 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS OUR FIGHT

was about to give this series a 5/10 but she SAID IT AGAIN HOLY SHIT 4/10.

Mar 29, 2014 1:39 AM

Dec 2012
welp, that ended fast...

gonna miss Akatsuki's harem, especially La Folia... <3

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 29, 2014 2:01 AM

Jan 2011
It's kinda like Kojou just says "This is my fight." just so that Yukina can continue her "This is our fight." line like usual.

Man, I wonder who became Asagi's husband in the future.
And I just realised Asagi still doesn't know that Kojou is the 4th primogenitor.

It's all over... Wouldn't mind watching a season 2 if it ever comes out.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Mar 29, 2014 2:03 AM

Jun 2012
Yawn..

why did this drag for six months?

This was the epitome of boring. Literally nothing new provided. The whole story (what story anyway..) was a repeat of the first 3-4 episodes:

a)New love interest of Kojou gets fcked for some reason.
b)Kojou gets angry.
c)Kojou beats anything.
d)Love interest leaves (but what a surprise - comes back later)

This might have been coll if it aired during idk..the 80s?

This could have ended in 5 eps, or stretched with fan service to 12, but 24? 24 episodes for this? Why?

Every secondary character was empty.

However, props for having a MC that wasn't being a little bitch with his harem, he was active towards it.

Art was boring - music was boring.

Even the last minute hint for s2 was boring; *fingers crossed* we never get one though.

3/10
Mar 29, 2014 2:04 AM

Dec 2011
Samesdday - learn to drop things you don't like.

SkyTate said:
It's kinda like Kojou just says "This is my fight." just so that Yukina can continue her "This is our fight." line like usual.

Maybe Kojou likes hearing her say that. That would be an interesting twist on things.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 29, 2014 2:09 AM

Jul 2013
If I were to count it I'm pretty sure I was more pissed and annoyed than entertained but.... *sigh*

6/10
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.