Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Is this gonna be a hyped 2014 Anime?
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
May 7, 2014 7:25 AM

Jul 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
It isn't fair because because Mahouka has only started. Whether the source material is mediocore or not, it's a different story altogether.

Besides why compare different animes in the first place?

They're different but all of them share one trait - they're unbelievably popular instantly.
May 7, 2014 12:47 PM
Oct 2013
mayukachan said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
It isn't fair because because Mahouka has only started. Whether the source material is mediocore or not, it's a different story altogether.

Besides why compare different animes in the first place?

They're different but all of them share one trait - they're unbelievably popular instantly.

Man I didn't found out about code geass until way later after my friend told me to watch it XD Kinda glad though coz I got to watch all 50 ep in a row and not be trolled by week to week ep XD
May 7, 2014 12:52 PM

Sep 2011
Thread cleaned.

Deleted spam, added spoilers to quotes, and deleted insults. Stay on topic please.
Jul 16, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2013
I think the main differences between series like SAO or SnK and Mahouka are questions and mysteries. In Sword Art viewers question themselves: "Who nad why locked people in game?", "Do they really die when are unplugged?". In Attack on Titan they wonder about: "What are Titans?", "How it was possible to build so high walls?" or "Why neck is Titan's weakpoint?". On the other hand we have Mahouka and its mysteries like "Why is MC so bland?" or "How can antagonists be so retarded?".
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 16, 2014 3:03 PM

Oct 2013
jakkubus said:
I think the main differences between series like SAO or SnK and Mahouka are questions and mysteries. In Sword Art viewers question themselves: "Who nad why locked people in game?", "Do they really die when are unplugged?". In Attack on Titan they wonder about: "What are Titans?", "How it was possible to build so high walls?" or "Why neck is Titan's weakpoint?". On the other hand we have Mahouka and its mysteries like "Why is MC so bland?" or "How can antagonists be so retarded?".

I've never met anyone who is so determined to force himself to watch something they hate so much. It's like, wherever there's a place to say something negative about Mahouka, you're there. Did someone perhaps force you to watch and you want to get back at them or something?
OpalMidgeJul 16, 2014 8:26 PM
Jul 17, 2014 3:08 AM

May 2013
millie10468 said:
I've never met anyone who is so determined to force himself to watch something they hate so much. It's like, wherever there's a place to say something negative about Mahouka, you're there. Did someone perhaps force you to watch and you want to get back at them or something?

It's a bit funny, because among the critics I never mentioned hating it. I just pointed its flaws. So everyone who doesn't acknowledge Mahouka greatness is a hater?
Jul 17, 2014 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
jakkubus said:
millie10468 said:

It's a bit funny, because among the critics I never mentioned hating it. I just pointed its flaws. So everyone who doesn't acknowledge Mahouka greatness is a hater?

Of course they're not but if all a person ever talks about is the perceived flaws of something, wouldn't it come across like they hated it and were forcing themselves to watch it for some reason? No fan here is saying Mahouka is a masterpiece. At the very most, it's entertaining. So if all you're doing is always pointing outand criticising the flaws, making it a point to make sure anyone who even gets an iota of entertainment from the show is reminded over and over again about what you perceive as the flaws (which is subjective anyway), and generally acting as though it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, then of course it comes across like the complaining is actually what you find entertaining. And I personally don't understand how that can be so. Of course, you wouldn't be the first and only person to do it. It's just that you're the one who seems to have read the novels just so you can ridicule any enjoyment people get from it.

If that's not what you're doing, I sincerely apologize. Otherwise it really does come across like that in all your posts.
OpalMidgeJul 17, 2014 7:14 AM
Jul 17, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2013
millie10468 said:
jakkubus said:

Of course they're not but if all a person ever talks about is the perceived flaws of something, wouldn't it come across like they hated it and were forcing themselves to watch it for some reason? No fan here is saying Mahouka is a masterpiece. At the very most, it's entertaining. So if all you're doing is always pointing outand criticising the flaws, making it a point to make sure anyone who even gets an iota of entertainment from the show is reminded over and over again about what you perceive as the flaws (which is subjective anyway), and generally acting as though it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, then of course it comes across like the complaining is actually what you find entertaining. And I personally don't understand how that can be so. Of course, you wouldn't be the first and only person to do it. It's just that you're the one who seems to have read the novels just so you can ridicule any enjoyment people get from it.

If that's not what you're doing, I sincerely apologize. Otherwise it really does come across like that in all your posts.

I have never said that I force myself to watch it. The show has its advantages (excellent magic system) and disadvantages (plot or rather lack of it). For me the best part of it is info-dump and the worst is MC (but it's subjective, because some people like Mary Sues or other wish fulfillment characters).
The most funny thing is that I am considered as hater and you as fan, when we both rated series the same. :P
Jul 26, 2014 12:16 PM
Jan 2014
SnK is way better quality anime than SAO or Mahouka.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.