Forum Settings
Forums

If a character had to die, who would have the most impact towards the main characters?

Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 28, 2014 4:29 AM
Mar 2013
The death of someone can be a drive to change, to get stronger physically and mentally, in order to prevent something from happening again, or delay their inevitability for as long as they can. Here, we have Natsu, Erza, Gray and Lucy as the most focused characters in the series. If someone died, who would change the most?

Here's something you need to consider when choosing.

1. Who are you talking about?
2. Who is the affected character?
3. How much has their relationship developed throughout the whole series?
4. What does the dead person mean to the person you're talking about? Are they friends? Enemies? Lovers? Close friends etc.
Mar 28, 2014 4:37 AM

Nov 2013
1 - Erza
2 - me
3 - fanservice on a regular basis
4 - boobs and arse
short_reviewMar 28, 2014 1:18 PM
Mar 28, 2014 4:54 AM

Nov 2011
I'm going to count Wendy as a main character as well, and rule her out as an option for death.

This is an interesting discussion you've brought up. It's hard to say who would have the most impact because everyone in Fairy Tail is important to each other.

My mind keeps going to Mirajane, oddly enough. I think it's because everyone adores her and she's the guild's second-in-command. She is Makarov's most trusted adviser when it comes to pretty much anything, his right-hand woman. Mirajane is always there with a smile whenever anyone comes back from a mission. She would have a heavy impact on all of the main characters because she is so closely tied to all of them.

Lucy- Of all the wizards in Fairy Tail, before and for a bit after she joined Fairy Tail, Mirajane was who Lucy admired the most. Mirajane gave her her guild mark and is always the one Lucy confides in when she has a problem.

Natsu- Natsu and Lisanna were very close when they were younger, so I believe by association so were Natsu and Mirajane. Mirajane is very protective of her siblings and I'm sure loved to use that as an excuse to beat up Natsu and make him cry because she thought it was cute. On that same note, however, it is implied that she did act motherly towards him and cared for him.

Gray- She'd probably have the least impact on Gray out of all the 5 main characters, but it would still impact him heavily.

Erza- I believe this would have a VERY heavy impact on Erza. Her and Mira were rivals and still are, though they're much more mature about it now and consider themselves good friends. They are the two most powerful women in Fairy Tail and have a deep sense of trust and respect for each other.

Wendy- Mirajane has been shown to take care of Wendy in a motherly fashion, since Wendy is the youngest orphan in the guild. She gave her her guild mark and helped her pick out her first quest, saved her a few times, and is just generally shown to very much care for her.

Then of course Mirajane's death would be devastating to many other characters such as Cana, who is shown to be one of her closest friends, and Makarov who trusts her so deeply and relies on her more than anyone else. I don't even need to explain how this would affect her siblings.

Yeah, after some thought, I'd have to say Mirajane, just because she is so loved and depended on by everyone and really does help hold the guild together.
Mar 28, 2014 6:18 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know. Oddly enough, I don't think the main characters relationships is really strong. They don't feel genuine. Probably because Natsu doesn't feel genuine in particular.

If I had to pick someone, I would pick Lucy, but only because I don't like her.
1. Lucy
2. Natsu
3. Virtually the same since the third arc or even earlier
4. She loves him, but Natsu only think of her as a close Nakama

This might actually cause interesting developments, and give Natsu another chance to finally develop as a character. But since Lucy is kinda like a co-protagonist with Natsu, she won't die.
Mar 28, 2014 11:50 AM
Dec 2013
Amberleh said:
This is an interesting discussion you've brought up. It's hard to say who would have the most impact because everyone in Fairy Tail is important to each other. My mind keeps going to Mirajane, oddly enough. I think it's because everyone adores her and she's the guild's second-in-command. She is Makarov's most trusted adviser when it comes to pretty much anything, his right-hand woman. Mirajane is always there with a smile whenever anyone comes back from a mission. She would have a heavy impact on all of the main characters because she is so closely tied to all of them.

I'd like to see what would happen afterwards.
Mar 28, 2014 11:53 AM

Dec 2010
Natsu dying would affect them the most IMO. He's the guild's burning spirit after all. They could probably recover from Lucy or Gray dying. Erza's up there with Natsu.
Mar 28, 2014 3:41 PM

Nov 2011
Pk and tsudy- Read the title again. The OP means pick someone who is NOT one of the 5 main characters. It's too easy to say "This MAIN CHARACTER would have the most impact"- Pick a character that isn't one of the main 5 and think about how it WOULD impact the main 5.

Nar- It would be interesting. I mean, my heart would break because she's my favorite character and she's wonderful, but it would definitely be interesting to see. The story could go on, but I think her death more than many others would have a big impact on the tone of the story just because everyone relies on her in so many ways- From important things to day-to-day things like keeping a smile on while keeping the guild in order.
Mar 29, 2014 10:44 AM

Mar 2013
I'm pretty sure that if Natsu died it would mess everybody up. Even the people who aren't part of the fary tal guild.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
May 19, 2014 10:26 PM

Aug 2009
My choice would have to be Natsu....and I'm going by that E.N.D's 2 last acronyms are end N and D which is Natsu Dragneel, as for E, could be End of Natsu Dragneel, which would make him an ideal last boss. In this way, first it would be hard to kill a nakama, but they do in the end(forgive the pun). As for how it will effect the rest of the cast, well considering he's the MC, this should shatter them. As for why I think Natsu is E.N.D is 2 things: oneis obviously the acronym and 2 is how Zeref keeps acting the way he does when it comes to Natsu.
May 20, 2014 5:48 AM

Jun 2013
My vote is for Makarov, even though he had close encounter with death while fighting against Acnologia. Had he died, everyone would be affected, as he is Master of their guild and he has a presence of a father. Everyone would change if he dies, that is for sure. Their "nakama power" will skyrocket in search for revenge. I would want to see that.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 21, 2014 3:37 AM

Mar 2014
Makarov... Not even a debate
May 22, 2014 11:39 PM
Jul 2012
#1 Happy
#2 Everyone
#3 The one who made everything less tense
#4 Close to the majority
May 23, 2014 11:12 PM

May 2012
1. Any FT member
2. Me
3. Ill drop if that happens.
4. They are my Family

May 31, 2014 4:11 AM
Aug 2013
Dark_Messiah said:
1. Any FT member
2. Me
3. Ill drop if that happens.
4. They are my Family
Dark_Messiah said:

SAME ANSWER

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.