Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2014 5:03 AM

Jun 2008
Federer said:
How could Doranbolt know that Wendy and Carla were there?

His stalking her.
Mar 28, 2014 5:06 AM

Apr 2013
Finds an excuse to power-up*
WEEEEEEEE~~~~!!!!

Mar 28, 2014 5:11 AM
Jan 2014
*Sigh* Fairy tail.....*sigh* Mashima......................you damn troll.

No comment. 3/5.............meh chapter. Wouldn't have minded the asspull plot armor save but as always....it just has to have a super emotional feels trip right before it. Too much drama Hiro no one is buying into it anymore we know you won't kill anyone important so PLEASE just drop it........
Mar 28, 2014 5:22 AM

Feb 2014
Monad said:
Federer said:

His stalking her.

Lolicon power. XD

More seriously, perhaps we'll get an explanation in the next chapter.
Mar 28, 2014 5:24 AM

Dec 2008
Omfg...The tears! They were there! I was tearing up! Which is why a part of me hoped that those two would in fact die. It's cruel, specially since Wendy's a kid, but the impact it would have had! At the same time, I'm so very glad it didn't happen. I also kept going "PLZ DON'T MAKE IT JELLAL! PLZ! PLZ! PLZ! PLZ!" 'cuz I kept remembering her relationship with Mystogan. But it was Doranbolt! <3 So that made me feel better. So cute.
Mar 28, 2014 5:27 AM

Sep 2012
"Woah, Fairy Tail never kills anyone, surely Wendy won't die"
>Emotional flashbacks
"Nope, she won't die, this is Fairy Tail"
>Explosion
"Wendy...."
>Doranbolt with Wendy and Charles
"Glad Wendy isn't dead, but trolled again :("
Mar 28, 2014 5:34 AM

Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Federer said:

He was probably near Face waiting to act.

Then why did he not help Wendy against the Tartaros guy? Ok, she won anyway, but it wasn't an easy fight.
Mar 28, 2014 5:41 AM
Oct 2013
Holy shit I know it´s opinions depend on personal taste and are subjective but why in gods name would you rate "that" chapter 5/5 the only reason I did not gave it a 1/5 was because Mashima didn´t troll us and actually showed the savior in this chapter instead of trolling us for another week just to make him show up in page one. 3/5 decent chapter enough material to make the pedophiles happy and the KAWAAAAII Otakus. Some plot development good chapter. Actually considering plotwise fairy tail is really predictable once the secrets are told (what´s End what happened to the dragons ) it will be only worth watching for it´s funny and random segments.

Because actually fairy tail is extremely colourful in terms of characters. Also Machima trying to focus on more then just one character and giving everyone(who is important) his place in the spotlight makes it less boring to watch as sometimes I. E Bleach or One Piece where the pattern on who beats which enemie is desided before the arc begins.

One piece fightning hierarchy in a Nutshell: Ruffy beats leader, Zorro beats subleader, Sanji beats 3rd seat rest of the team takes care of small fry.

In fairy tail either Erza takes the spotlight or Natsu or even Gray sometimes depending on the enemie. Hell Even Mira got to take out Freed.
Mar 28, 2014 5:46 AM

Mar 2013
short_review said:
ZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz. Yay plot armor, you did it !

For a few seconds I really thought we could get rid of that damn annoying cat.

/fell asleep again
Mar 28, 2014 6:21 AM

Dec 2011
Well I cried.
Mar 28, 2014 7:34 AM

Apr 2010
I totally thought Wendy was going to die...........hue
Mar 28, 2014 7:38 AM

Sep 2011
Mashima is a sly fox indeed. He knew that we knew that no one is going to die. We'd see Wendy and Charle all safe and sound in the next chapter.

But wait!

It didn't even take that long. The day was saved, just after one panel. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Uhm....surprise!!
Mar 28, 2014 7:46 AM

Dec 2009
I thought Jellal was going to be the one to save Wendy and Charle for some reason. I don't how he would have done it, but I expected Mashima to make something up.
Mar 28, 2014 7:52 AM

Dec 2009
Federer said:
Darklight0303 said:
Federer said:

He was probably near Face waiting to act.

Then why did he not help Wendy against the Tartaros guy? Ok, she won anyway, but it wasn't an easy fight.

Only explanation I can come up with is that he just got there when the fight was over.
But stilI... don't know if I missed it or not, but how did he know face was there in the first place though?
Mar 28, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
A little hero goes a long way. I knew she wouldn't die just like that though.
Mar 28, 2014 8:03 AM

May 2010
I can't be the only one. Fairy Tail used to be soooo much better... Or was it the anime?
Mar 28, 2014 8:04 AM

Apr 2008
TragicRomance said:
I can't be the only one. Fairy Tail used to be soooo much better... Or was it the anime?

It's fine for me and 27 of the voters on the chapter
Mar 28, 2014 8:06 AM

Mar 2013
For a moment i tho that they could rly die, then 2s later i remembered this is fairy tail... But it was a good chapter over all.
Mar 28, 2014 8:06 AM
Dec 2013
F*cking yes Dranbolt , I actually thought they were gone :D
Gosh I shed so many tears for nothing ! Hiro don't take my badass Wendy away please!
Those flashbacks were nicely done

Mar 28, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2010
Darklight0303 said:
TragicRomance said:

It's fine for me and 27 of the voters on the chapter

Nah, I am fine with Fairy Tail too. I still love it tbh. I really liked how heroic Charle and Wendy were in this chapter, but them being saved by Mest bugged me a bit.

It's just that, I fee like, Mashima is unable to decide with such a huge cast anymore. He is just throwing fake deaths at our face lately...

Also Lucy: She used to be so great. Now, Mashima doesn't even let her have action. Is it necessary for her to be always protected by Natsu?

Gray doesn't get enough feats. Mira is pretty much the same. All of my favs. are just falling behind...

I don't know... I used to think Fairy Tail was the best series out there, but now I don't think quite the same... This isn't the Fairy Tail I loved. Sure, it had nakama fights before too, but at least things were more fair...

I feel like, mashima is trying way too hard to make the new arcs epic that they are not coming as 'epic' as they should. I want old Fairy Tail back :/
Mar 28, 2014 8:18 AM

Sep 2011
Doranbolt/Mest is a lolicon. We all know that.
Mar 28, 2014 9:00 AM

May 2013
Face got destroyed. There was no way that they could kill off Wendy and Charle.
Mar 28, 2014 9:16 AM

Jul 2010
For a minute there, I thought Mashima was gonna reveal a plot point that Exceeds are immune to explosions and just have Carla protect Wendy....as much as that would explain Happy's afro from back then....I would've been pissed. I am glad Doranbolt was one to save Wendy though, their connection made it fitting.
Mar 28, 2014 11:01 AM
Jan 2014
Hades was the strongest villain of the pre timeskip.

He casually fodderized Laxus and even Makarov...Natsu,Erza,Gray,Lucy and Wendy working together couldn't even scrap him and he effortlessly dominated the fight...He even survived a beating from LFM natsu with only his clothes ruined,few scraps.

Franmalth,with his impregnable defense and ability to absorb magic attacks, also has Hades's power on his disposal and even a protein supplement from the LFD roar he sucked.

Having E.N.D finish him off will quickly show us why he is the ultimate demon from Zeref's books.
Mar 28, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
OH GOD MY HEART NEARLY...
For a moment there I thought Wendy really died... )":

Kudos to you, Doranbolt!
I think he's gonna have a huge role in this arc for sure.
He may just be the sacrifice though :/
Mar 28, 2014 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
So many ret@rds everywhere, this how fairy tail has been from the beginning, did you even read all of it or what?
This is how you can tell the intelligence of the readers when they can't remember anything and only spew hate, we need a troll button so we can ban these id!ots.

The chapter was gooooood.
That Wendy and Charla :(
Mar 28, 2014 11:34 AM

Jun 2013
!?!?! O.O Wendy..? Carla..? O-o-o--oo-o-Oi....You guys....Oh No, I feared that something like this was going to happen!!! those 2 are sacrificing themself!!! Noo!!!

Nice goodbye...Sayonara Carla, Wend......? O.o....=§ Puh!....HAHAHAHA!!!! YES!!!! For the moment i was damn horrified!!!! XD Damn Nice Hero Save Dorabolt!!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 28, 2014 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
I'm actually glad Wendy and Carla are safe. I'm just a bit puzzled by how their rescue has been depicted.

But once again, as I said in one of my previous comments, maybe Doranbolt is gonna explain later how he managed to be at the right place at the right moment. Last time we saw him, it was in chapter 364 when he was freeing the Oracion Seis guys from jail.
Mar 28, 2014 12:09 PM

Mar 2012
Damn, I really did think for a bit that Wendy and Charles were gonna die. Though there was this continuous gnawing thought that kept making me think, "This is Fairy Tail; no one major has really died yet (besides Ultear in a sense)."
Mar 28, 2014 12:17 PM

Jun 2010
Doranbolt!, that was cool!
Mar 28, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2011
Doranbolt you are my hero for saving Wendy, I didn't seriously think Wendy would die until we got those little flashback moments and then I found my self saying please don't do a Rave Master (the death from volume 16, really hated this one).

onwards to part 3, wonder how many parts there will be.
Mar 28, 2014 12:53 PM
Apr 2013
He got me, I really thought that Wendy would die.
Mar 28, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2012
I didn't... It was a pretty nice chapter this time actually.
Mar 28, 2014 1:45 PM

Feb 2012
Well at least the cat could've gotten killed if nothing, oh, oh.
Mar 28, 2014 2:54 PM

Apr 2013
That was a horrible chapter tbh. All the emotional build-up and that shitty ass-pull...

It's impossible to take this series seriously now, all the bad guys will die and the good guys will never fucking die. Actually, I should have never taken it seriously as the series has proved over and over that it doesn't mind throwing good writing out the window. Screw it.

And Charlie can see the future; she claimed that they wouldn't make it if they destroyed face....nice way to make a plot hole.
Mar 28, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2008
Cupquake said:
That was a horrible chapter tbh. All the emotional build-up and that shitty ass-pull...

It's impossible to take this series seriously now, all the bad guys will die and the good guys will never fucking die.

And Charlie can see the future; she claimed that they wouldn't make it if they destroyed face....nice way to make a plot hole.

She said she couldn't see anything past pushing the button. So no there's no plothole.
Mar 28, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Cupquake said:

It's impossible to take this series seriously now, all the bad guys will die and the good guys will never fucking die.

She said she couldn't see anything past pushing the button. So no there's no plothole.

Yes it is. Charlie legitimately said "in other words, we won't make it either" meaning that because it's blank they have no future

Go to the bottom of page 9
Mar 28, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
Cupquake said:
Darklight0303 said:
Cupquake said:

Yes it is. Charlie legitimately said "in other words, we won't make it either" meaning that because it's blank they have no future

She interpreted the blank as death. Again there's no plothole. You're too busy wanting it to be one
Mar 28, 2014 3:05 PM

Apr 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Cupquake said:
Darklight0303 said:
Cupquake said:

She interpreted the blank as death. Again there's no plothole. You're too busy wanting it to be one

She could look into the future and pick out possible futures. She can do that, yet her power conveniently fails after? That doesn't make any sense; seems like Hiro is just making shit up to create drama.
Mar 28, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2013
SwiftKilla said:
Wow.... Fairy tail is too soft. Can't even kill anyone. Shounens with supernatural elements like Naruto/Bleach/One Piece has death, Fairy Tail is too soft. Especially this one, all them feels building up, then tr0l0l0l0l0l they're still alive. Beats the whole purpose. In a manga with this kind of context it's expected to have death.
One Piece and Bleach have death? Lol, barely. Two deaths outside of flashbacks in 500-600 chapters is what I would call soft.

Behemoth11 said:
I really thought for a moment they would die. T-T
I'm so happy Doranbalt saved them.

Anyway, now it's the time to face END.

Seriously? I was expecting Carla/Wendy to make it out of the explosion with an afro.
MinagatachiMar 28, 2014 3:50 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2013
Minagatachi said:
SwiftKilla said:
Wow.... Fairy tail is too soft. Can't even kill anyone. Shounens with supernatural elements like Naruto/Bleach/One Piece has death, Fairy Tail is too soft. Especially this one, all them feels building up, then tr0l0l0l0l0l they're still alive. Beats the whole purpose. In a manga with this kind of context it's expected to have death.
One Piece and Bleach have death? Lol, barely. Two deaths outside of flashbacks in 600 chapters is what I would call soft.

Oda has said he doesn't like to kill off his characters because death is not big enough of a punishment.

Minagatachi said:
SwiftKilla said:
One Piece and Bleach have death? Lol, barely. Two deaths outside of flashbacks in 500-600 chapters is what I would call soft.

Behemoth11 said:

Seriously? I was expecting Carla/Wendy to make it out of the explosion with an afro.

Same :) after all, if happy can survive that huge explosion, why the hell would Charlie and Wendy not be able to?
Mar 28, 2014 4:05 PM
Nov 2013
I can't believe I fell for that lol . When They pressed the button I was like "they are gonna make it somehow" and then I became uncertain with the flashbacks/explosion even though I know FT won't be finishing any important character who just became more powerful, but the moment I saw 2 pages remaining lol( Happy Survival style #2)
Mar 28, 2014 4:44 PM

May 2013
Same shit over and over again, the majority of this chapter was wasted teasing two deaths that we all knew Mashima did not have the balls to actually do. I don't really care that Mashima refuses to kill off characters, what annoys me is that he keeps putting character into a situation where they should die or spending a lot time setting up what appears to be character death, only to write himself out of it using deux machina, plot convinces or a huge ass pull. Why didn't Mashima just end the threat of Face when it was destroyed and used the rest of the chapter to cover something else.

How the hell was Carla able to learn information about Face from her premonition in which the situation was the same just a few second later. How did this future version of herself know this information when the present version didn't. The writing in this series has always been laughable, but this has just reached a new plateau of shit writing. I don't know which is worse this or Erza's Nakama armour. 1/5
Avarici0usMar 28, 2014 6:27 PM
Mar 28, 2014 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
Minagatachi said:

Behemoth11 said:

haha

Glad they survived. Doranbolt made it just in time huh..
Mar 28, 2014 5:07 PM

Jun 2010
Well I am a fool for letting myself get caught in that emotional roller coaster.
Mar 28, 2014 5:16 PM

Mar 2011
Certain clarifications that need to be made: FT doesn't follow the one-timeline logic but the multiple-timelines logic. Carla simply "made contact" with herself in that one timeline(call it X) where X-Carla somehow was already capable of casting said spell.

As for the whole she was supposed to die thing, well, apparently she was in a hurry and misinterpreted her subsequent blackout as death OR in timeline-X there was no Doranbalt to save them and they truly died.

With that said, this is easily not classified as good writing. There are myriads of situations where Carla's power could have been put to use , to the point that one can say she has the potential of learning every magic. It's too convenient with no established rules as to it's limitations , unless you count some sort of abstract "oh I can't control it properly" as a limitation which works and doesn't work according to Hiro's will. One thing's for certain and that is that Carla's ability has been used consitently for fake mommentary build up.

Funny thing is how everyone loves this chapter cuz Wendy is involved. If it was Natsu everyone would shout in sync "king of asspulls". Seriously what's the matter with you folks and lolis???
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Mar 28, 2014 5:20 PM
Oct 2010
damn that was feelzy. then they live. kinda defeats all those feels.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 28, 2014 5:44 PM

Nov 2013
It's not that mashima doesn't kill anybody, it's that mashima troll people all the time with fake death scenes.

OMG Erza is dead !
OMG Jellal is dead !
OMG Gray is dead !
OMG Jellal is dead ! (lol again?)
OMG Wendy is dead !

please, stop doing this, it's pointless.
Mar 28, 2014 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Best battle since Tenroujima, I want more of badass Wendy, I need it
Mar 28, 2014 8:37 PM

May 2012
That feels Wendy.. really love Wendy in this chapter she's too cute.

who care about kills anyways? Its too early for FT to kill major characters.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Today, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.