Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2014 3:28 PM

Nov 2013
I won't, that's stupid.
I'll watch because I want to and if I end up criticizing it then that's the show's fault.

I can see you

Jul 4, 2014 3:33 PM

Dec 2013
Pain_is_love said:
Soren333 said:
People who do this are just sad.
I liked the first season, so i'mma watch this, criticizers gonna criticize?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 4, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
MasterGlyth said:
I won't, that's stupid.
I'll watch because I want to and if I end up criticizing it then that's the show's fault.

This, kind of. Can't really help it if the show's bad, after all.

:^)
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jul 4, 2014 3:40 PM

Jun 2013
I can understand if some people don't like it after watching but if you watch with the intent just to criticize you are sad

Jul 4, 2014 3:47 PM

Jan 2008
Not sure why people are questioning this. I guess there are a lot of new users or at least users who joined after SAO finished airing. It will no doubt have a ton of shitstorms and people nitpicking at the most minor things to just piss off fans and humor themselves.
Jul 4, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
I think most people are gonna watch this for the reason that they went halfway, so they might as well go the whole mile. Personally, I did not like SAO, I gave it a 7/10. The first half wasn't a masterpiece, but at least it was watchable. The second half really ruined it, so I'm just hoping its better than the trainwreck of the first season. From what I've read though, It's not looking good, especially since Kirito gets a very "special " avatar.
Deoran_Old_AccJul 4, 2014 7:45 PM
It is better to do and regret, then to regret not doing it at all.

Also Find Me on: Hummingbrid|AniList
Jul 4, 2014 5:03 PM
Jul 2011
I thought the 12 first episodes was amazing, so did nearly all of my friends.
If the GGO arc is anything close to as good as the first half of the first season i'm probably gonna enjoy it.
Jul 4, 2014 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
Not me. I ain't going through that again.
Jul 4, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2013
[quote=deoran]Personally, I did not like SAO, I gave it a 7/10.[/spoiler]
I'm sure you'd be very welcome at IGN.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jul 4, 2014 6:09 PM
Jul 4, 2014 6:18 PM

Oct 2013
Seems like a stupid reason to watch an anime. I'm watching it to see if its gonna get better. Plus trap Kirito looks kawaii as fuck.
Jul 4, 2014 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
[quote=JabonHR]
deoran said:
Personally, I did not like SAO, I gave it a 7/10.[/spoiler]

LOL. Yeah, I know that by MAL standards 7/10 is good, but in my book anything above 8 is good. 7 means decent, even if its not something I enjoyed that much. 6-5 means "Meh.. Better then some other horrible stuff I've had to sit through." I actually would have given it a 6 or 5, but I felt kind of cruel lowering the score because of the disastrous second half. Plus SAO did do some things right... it just happened to also do a lot lot more wrong....
Deoran_Old_AccJul 5, 2014 4:37 AM
It is better to do and regret, then to regret not doing it at all.

Also Find Me on: Hummingbrid|AniList
Jul 4, 2014 7:56 PM

Mar 2013
Won't make that mistake again, read the novels upto volume 7/8 so I know just how bad it's going to be....

Jul 4, 2014 9:05 PM
Oct 2012
$100 anime snob will. i wont because i watch anime for enjoyment and could care less about plot holes or repeated material.
Jul 4, 2014 10:16 PM
Feb 2014
JabonHR said:
Mastodynia said:
i'll watch it and see if they learned from their mistakes... second half of season 1 was horrible

I'm told that GGO is the best arc so far and that Shino is supposedly best girl, but that's not saying much considering Aincrad was ruined by loli adventures/blacksmith adventures/lol let's raise a girl we found in the forest, Alfheim had incest out of nowhere, etc., not to mention Kirito's Gary Stu status, which apparently stays in GGO as well.

The plot better be good.

Exactly these.

Except this time I want to be pleased after that letdown I got come Episode 15 and beyond of Season 1.

I'm not going to watch just to criticize and make disparaging remarks towards fans who like it for good enough reasons though, that's for dickheads.
AqutanJul 4, 2014 10:32 PM
Jul 4, 2014 10:45 PM

Nov 2009
I'm not considering GGO is the best arc, it's actually Mother Rosario.
GGO is just so boring to read IMO, there's nothing special in it beside shino, and even her backstory is weak. In MR is where the author excel at writing.
Jul 4, 2014 11:04 PM

Jul 2013
*raises hand*

That's my sole purpose for watching it. The first one sucked heavily without a doubt. The synopsis doesn't seem that impressive, but who knows? I just want to see how they could possibly make it better/worse this time.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jul 5, 2014 12:07 AM

Nov 2012
I watch every show in order to criticise them. Whether or not the criticism is negative depends on how good the show is.
Jul 5, 2014 3:25 AM

Aug 2013
JustALEX said:
I'm wondering how many will actually watch just to criticize it after every episode.

Yup pretty much my plan. I'm expecting it to be a piece of shit.
Jul 5, 2014 3:38 AM

Nov 2013
Seriously, who sits at home watching something you don't enjoy? Wouldn't that make you look like you have no life lol?

Jul 5, 2014 6:52 AM

Apr 2012
[quote=deoran]
JabonHR said:
deoran said:
Personally, I did not like SAO, I gave it a 7/10.[/spoiler]

LOL. Yeah, I know that by MAL standards 7/10 is good, but in my book anything above 8 is good. 7 means decent, even if its not something I enjoyed that much. 6-5 means "Meh.. Better then some other horrible stuff I've had to sit through." I actually would have given it a 6 or 5, but I felt kind of cruel lowering the score because of the disastrous second half. Plus SAO did do some things right... it just happened to also do a lot lot more wrong....

worst rating ever (even worse than the MAL Rating itself :D ) if stuff is only considering as good, when it gets 8 or higher. :>
Jul 5, 2014 7:17 AM

Jun 2009
I didn't like SAO, and gave 4/10 last season.

Hopefully it won't do worse this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 7:21 AM

Mar 2014
the first episode hasn't released yet the series thread garnered 1497 posts
"You cannot make the cold colder and the dark darker"
Jul 5, 2014 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
Jared3318 said:
Seriously, who sits at home watching something you don't enjoy? Wouldn't that make you look like you have no life lol?

I can understand them if they're going to somehow gain money from it (Like doing reviews on YouTube or whatever) or if they're forced to do it. (by whoever)
Other than that, yeah.. they've apparently got no life.
.................................................................................
Jul 5, 2014 7:27 AM
Jul 2013
i have fairly high expectations this time around.
Jul 5, 2014 7:30 AM

Jun 2009
Sung-Hwan said:

I'd keep my expectation low.

SAO really disappoint me last season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2014 7:35 AM
Jul 2013
AirStyles said:
Sung-Hwan said:

I'd keep my expectation low.

SAO really disappoint me last season.

Yeah you can keep your expectations low all you want, but I think the last thing I need on my mind now is someone from MAL telling me how I should expect an anime to turn out.
Jul 5, 2014 8:27 AM

Jan 2014
I will unless it is legitimately good. Probably not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svpejQ1I7Z0
^^^This is all of you people t(^-^t)
Jul 5, 2014 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
Why else would anyone watch this?
Jul 5, 2014 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
Just for the sake of bashing it!
Jul 5, 2014 9:52 AM

Feb 2012
Plan on watching it to enjoy it, and then watch the shitstorm that results here. Double the entertainment
Jul 5, 2014 10:27 AM

Dec 2012
Ckan said:
New girl might be best girl, or Trapkirito might be bearable, especially if he gets a hot tentacle licking. MMmmm Mmmmm. Gender equality.
Jul 5, 2014 10:53 AM

Feb 2013
The protagonist plays a character of an opposite gender in an mmo and there's something happening in the game that effects people in real life? I wonder when Kirito will get a twilight bracelet too.

I don't plan to watch it though, real talk.
Jul 5, 2014 10:59 AM

Oct 2011
tbh the first episode was boring and only had about a minute of "legit" action in it. It's like its asking for it to be criticized.

lets all be civilized and smart human beings and rate it after more episodes have aired.
Jul 5, 2014 11:06 AM
Apr 2013
I am waiting for the great war that SAO caused to happen again. It was fine watching the people that loved this show way to much and the others that hated it to an extreme level fight again. Those were good and somewhat scary times.
Jul 5, 2014 11:28 AM

Jun 2009
ponygon123 said:
I am waiting for the great war that SAO caused to happen again. It was fine watching the people that loved this show way to much and the others that hated it to an extreme level fight again. Those were good and somewhat scary times.

I doubt there'll be as big as a war as... 2 years ago?

As I don't think there'll be as many disappointed fan like myself. I believe a lot of us watch SAO II expecting mediocrity, and will not make as much noise as last year, seeing that we're not expecting much to begin with.

At least for me anyways, I pretty much watch SAO II expecting a failure. Contrary to last year, where I expect a 7~8 out of 10.
Jul 5, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2012
I'll stay for criticism and fanservice of the new MC :3 You caught me red handed OP.
Jul 5, 2014 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
I'll watch it to criticize the fanservice outputs
Jul 5, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
Axlicious said:
I'll watch it to criticize the fanservice outputs

I donno about fanservice output.

But for me, Sawashiro's voice is the best fan service I could ask for... Not like SAO characters are nicely drawn...

Unless Suguha shows up that is... I mean those things held my attention last season
[spoiler]
Jul 5, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2010
antonn said:
Probably. The fact it takes place in a FPSMMO is more of turn off than it being a S2 of SAO.

honestly..the name SAO is the biggest turn off for me ...

will watch it until it gets too shitty..like the last time :)
Jul 5, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2008
Haters gonna hate.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 5, 2014 12:04 PM

Feb 2012
Just watch and ignore. This topic is bantering, unnecessary, imo.
Jul 5, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2011
It's funny how a lot of these "criticizers" are fans of other BS series like KLK or the ever acclaimed NGNL. Just goes to show the anime community's selective double standards.

As for me, I already read the GGO arc so I'm just watching it how it'll play out animated.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 5, 2014 12:13 PM

Dec 2012
JustALEX said:

Personally, I'm not sure what I'll do, I didn't like SAO that much, but I certainly don't think it's the worst anime I've seen.....hell I even gave it a respectable 5/10 (average).

I watch it for the concepts of VRMMO done badly, but still done. I like the concept of VRMMOs thus this interested me. I disliked the first three arcs light novels but I'll still watch just to see VRMMO put in animation form.

That said, I don't think my opinion of this fanservice, lack of character development, constant deus-ex-machina with tons of plot holes and little reasoning behind the entire plot is going to change because it's animated.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jul 5, 2014 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
Ahegyao said:
It's funny how a lot of these "criticizers" are fans of other BS series like KLK or the ever acclaimed NGNL. Just goes to show the anime community's selective double standards.

As for me, I already read the GGO arc so I'm just watching it how it'll play out animated.

I went into 3 show above with good expectation.
SAO for being an MMORPG type anime (4/10)
KLK because studio Trigger (Could not even finish out of 10)
NGNL because Sorata and Mashiro combo version 2 (8 out of 10)

It got a lot less to do with double standard and a lot more to do with what disappoint us and our expectation.

I had the highest hope for SAO, but it just keep on deteriorating, as it did, I keep lowering my expectation, over and over and over again.

To the point where I couldn't even bring myself to rate it 5.

You may find that most "haters" are actually the one who wish SAO to succeed the most, we were just let down so badly that we couldn't even say good things about it.
Jul 5, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
Didn't even watch it or the first season, but I'm giving this show a 10
Jul 5, 2014 12:19 PM
Oct 2012
Sort of, but not wholly. I don't like the series. I think it uses its impressive microfeatures and familiar generic tropes to disguise subtexts that are derivative and incidentally sexist. Thanks to that, I will be approaching the new season with a very critical mindset, but I actually really want it to do well. There're so many unexplored ideas in SAO that would make for great focal points for the story if only it would stop focusing on its charmless "romance" subplots.
Jul 5, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2009
Cupquake said:

That is just ridiculous.
Jul 5, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2011
AirStyles said:
Ahegyao said:

I went into 3 show above with good expectation.
SAO for being an MMORPG type anime (4/10)
KLK because studio Trigger (Could not even finish out of 10)
NGNL because Sorata and Mashiro combo version 2 (8 out of 10)

It got a lot less to do with double standard and a lot more to do with what disappoint us and our expectation.

I had the highest hope for SAO, but it just keep on deteriorating, as it did, I keep lowering my expectation, over and over and over again.

To the point where I couldn't even bring myself to rate it 5.

You may find that most "haters" are actually the one who wish SAO to succeed the most, we were just let down so badly that we couldn't even say good things about it.

Nah, not in this case. From the looks of it, the hatebase has gone to devolve into /a/ level of retardation and are far up their ass with their own opinion that any attempt to rationalize with them results in futility. You'd expect this type of behavior for fanboys, but strangely the opposite happened.

I think the best position to be in this show is to be as utterly neutral and unbiased about it and appreciate the show for what it is instead of devolving into dumb crap like, "hurr gary stu" "lel fanservice" etc.

I still stand by my case, that the whole community has gotten as bad as the gaming scene opting to hate what's popular and slinking back to promote their own favorite series even if it has the same or more of the faults said popular hated game had. Like the others have said, you really need to evaluate your life, if you're jumping into something just to troll or hate on something you legitimately do not like.
AhegyaoJul 5, 2014 12:24 PM
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 5, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
AirStyles said:
Cupquake said:

That is just ridiculous.
It's popular, so it has to be good, right?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.