Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Apr 14, 2014 8:57 PM

Aug 2012
After somehow making it though this show, there are a few thigns I'd like to say....

#1- this makes pupa look like a freggin' straight 10/10 masterpiece
#2- This show will forever change my rating of "1/10"
#3- Plothole Warfare
#4- for those who watched the whole series.... here http://goo.gl/w8JDLu (You're welcome)

also, those plot holes were comparable to pot holes in New Jersey...
Apr 15, 2014 2:56 AM

Mar 2013
There's so many things that's seriously wrong on this episode, I can't even...
Apr 15, 2014 10:44 AM

Mar 2010
I was somewhat enjoying this series until the last couple episodes......now im just.....i don't even..... >.>

Also first series I've watched in a long time where i didn't ship a certain couple. None of the main chicks impressed me at all.
Apr 17, 2014 12:18 PM
Jul 2013
Everything was going well. I was hooked by the story at the beginning and the badness fighting but then....
The ending was horrible, absolutely horrible. I was left with completely clueless to what is going on. Why was he back in the past? Why was Gekkou there? What the heck did I just watch??? Overall, it raised too many questions left unsolve that I just couldn't stand it. Horrible, probably the most horrible ending anime I've ever seen. But it was predictable as I've already known they can't finish the story in 2 eps (was at eps 10 when the dude "girlfriend" got kidnapped)
If anyone happen read the light novel? Can you explain to me what's happening? and what is the ending? Just can't seem to find it on the net.
Apr 18, 2014 10:59 PM
Jul 2008
Mad House ruined yet another good anime
Apr 20, 2014 5:18 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

What idiots, not the first episodes very engaging and hereinafter with ups and downs, eventually disengage the bomb.
Worse they could not do so, they had to maintain at least a minimum of interest.
Oh well ...
I expect, if there will be a S2 but without the Madhouse; its presence has ruined the series on a technical level and feel.
The final part so messed up by not having understood almost nothing, except the fact that he guessed that Violet and the leader of the Ghost Trailer is ...!
I have a terrible foreboding, Mui who is in the world of Kazuma and Violet?
Soundtrack not as bad as animations.
Final rating that goes up from 5/10 to 6/10!
Apr 20, 2014 6:57 AM

Mar 2013
Kinda disappointed at the end and it really feels like a cliffhanger 7/10 for me!!!
May 4, 2014 11:56 AM
May 2012
I'm really hoping for a season 2, 'cause that cant be an ending! The story was good for me, hopefully that was just a cliffhanger :S

8/10
May 6, 2014 6:32 PM

Jan 2012
i have to admit is pretty good anime....is just the fawking cliff hanger ending the one that ruin it i would give 8 out 10 star but that ending just giving me cancer so now i give 3 out of 10 star
May 7, 2014 6:09 PM

Aug 2011
The heck? I never expected a (non) ending like that. I even had to double check if there was a 13th episode. Cliffhanger ending was very confusing and wasn't satisfying at all.
May 10, 2014 1:01 AM

Mar 2014
Ahh... People..
Before, Saying such Stupid craps of your tiny blackhole brains or saying :
"This Series is garbage" , "They never gonna have a season 2" , "bla bla bla " and etc...
Why not have an idea on why Did They create a Cliffhanger of that kind of level in the ending .
They have thought That after witnessing how great the story progressing , They need to put a big Plot hole that leaves you very confusing that the audiences will badly wants a season 2 of the series .
But Sadly , It Didn't end like that(for some people) because of many complains about the Cliffhanger.
So People , I don't hold any resentments on you but it leaves me regret to you all that you didn't appreciate the Hard work done by the Makers of this anime , by Saying such rough words on why so suddenly It ends in that kind of situation .
To be honest , I surprisingly snapped by Seeing how odd the comments are.
Though , it leaves that sudden ending Please do consider the feelings of the people who put their dedication on the Anime. -Opinion
AnimeLaver01May 10, 2014 1:06 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2014 9:52 PM

Mar 2014
Now, To all haters I have devised theories to this amazing anime because i was astonished with its Whole Story (I guess thats what my mind tells me to do)
TyrelMay 12, 2014 10:18 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2014 9:59 PM

Dec 2012
Mahou Sensou is the NGE of modern anime and it's a shame that people are literally missing out on something with more layers than EoE because they were too focused on the literal ending. Tch, I feel sorry for everyone who missed out on the subtleties.
May 12, 2014 10:00 PM

Oct 2013
It literally looks like they tried to fit in so many material but it didn't work, plot wasn't great, characters are questionable. Only thing I liked about it is its Magic Circles since I like seeing various kinds of design on Magic Circles

Madhouse must be going cray right now if they're gonna do a sequel
May 12, 2014 10:15 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Merged
May 13, 2014 5:45 PM

Apr 2012
really they ended it on a mind fuck.... :(
May 18, 2014 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
what the fuck is this ending
May 20, 2014 7:10 AM

Nov 2012
Meh. The characters are already dislikable from the very beginning. Mui drags everyone into trouble, the main guy is way too DENSE, the main guy's brother is an arrogant psychopathic bastard, the blonde firebender guy are there for just....being there. Isoshima can be a bitch sometimes, but still more likable than the rest.

At least the ending music was good. And this last episode makes a good sequel bait.....that is, if they make any sequel at all.
....of all the arts, for us the cinema is the most important.

-- Vladimir Lenin
May 25, 2014 6:18 AM
May 2014
The anime was great, I loved it, but the ending kinda screwed everything up. If that was for a season two at least end it in a more desirable manner.
May 29, 2014 8:20 AM
Apr 2013
The anime wasn't that great, it was OK, nothing more. The ending was terrible.
May 29, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
This show was basicaly one gigantic,yet enjoyable cliche.
And somehow reminded me of Shakugan No Shana series.
Too bad sales were shit, and there is bassicaly no chance of second season or reebot for this series.
Ending was bassicaly one big pile of crap and i dont understand one bit of it, last episode brought more questions than answers - great job director!!!
Good show but mindfucks wasted it's potential.
SidholunMay 29, 2014 4:44 PM
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Jun 16, 2014 6:47 PM

Jul 2013
What the fuck did I just watch? It's not even an ending.
I laughed at Kurumi getting stabbed. Do everyone a favour and stay dead.
God dammit Takeshi! How can you be so stupid?
It's so confusing. Takeshi is Kazuma. V is Kurumi. How does that work?
Haha second season. Don't make me laugh. They'll be lucky if one person even buys this shit.
3/10 and that's being generous.
-Dizzy-Jun 16, 2014 6:53 PM
Jun 17, 2014 7:47 PM
Jun 2014
stupid unfinished ending.. they better do a season 2 then. -.-
Jun 18, 2014 2:59 PM

Dec 2008
Typical of a lot of anime that has come out over the last 5+ years. More than likely a 2nd season is in store. However....why bother really? This was like a failed harry potter meets bleach and really it just rushed things with no substance, was too obvious with supposed 'secret plot twists' and really just felt like a fail. BUT mainly 4/10 for the awsome outro music!!!! lol =_=
Jun 19, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2013
DeathWyhsh said:
Maybe 3 OVA's can fix this?
Not gonna happen anytime soon considering how horrible the sales for this were
Jun 22, 2014 4:11 PM
Jun 2009
Just now finished this title.
Is it just me or pieces of story doesn`t match?
Just what the hell is this ending?
I`m in shock. I can`t understand meaning of all actions that took place in last episode.
Full of mishmash.
This is the worst anime I`ve ever seen. My score for this title is 1!

P.S.: would be glad if there is anybody who could help me understand meaning of this terrible ending! Please!
Jun 26, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2011
I seriously think they tried too hard with the time travel. One main problem I foresee... Time Paradox. Though I guess they couldn't really be bothered to give more room for explanation and just totally screwed the whole show.

Seriously? Just when Takeshi was finally getting his adrenaline pumping and totally owning the shit out of Gekkou, that loli director had to come in and blast the whole thing. And just when I thought that it was over, they just had to bring in that time travel to the past, making the ending even more unanswered than ever. They just anti-climaxed the anti-climax, I never thought it was possible.

That being said, I would be totally fine with a 2nd season.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jun 26, 2014 10:18 PM

Jul 2010
WHAT.

THE FUCK.

WAS THAT!
Jun 28, 2014 11:28 PM

May 2007
I had the same exact reaction. WTF!?

They need at least another 6-12 episodes to clear this up properly. I'd rather wait months for another few episode than see the series finished like this!! /rage
Jul 4, 2014 5:20 PM
Feb 2014
haahha,wait , WHAT? Instead of atleast answering a few questions they even made more questions that must be answered...........If this doesnt get 2nd season,i think they should delete this anime from internet.This anime has soo cool idea and i can see that idea,but to realize that idea u need like 2 x 26 episode season,not 1 season with 12 episode,they just fucked it up by screwing with a great story....daaaaaaaamn,whata a shame the idea was soo good..........
Jul 15, 2014 2:19 AM

Jan 2013
I think this would of ended amazingly if they at least had a second season planned. However it does make me want to learn Japanese and read the light novels. I give it props for that. This anime definitely doesn't deserve the 2's and 3's i see everywhere. It's a shame really.
Jul 15, 2014 4:25 AM

May 2012
So people are rating this low score just because that last episode is unfinished and doesn't answer all questions. That sound like a dumb reason to rate an anime is low

This final episode is probably the best episode in the series. And animes don't always have to give all the answers in 1 season. Attack on titan didn't answer all the question in 1st season, we don't know the origin of the titan, we don't anything about the key and basement.
Jul 16, 2014 1:23 AM

Jan 2011
BEST ANIME EVER.

Just kidding... Auuu... I wish i read the
review/comments to this show before watching
Jul 16, 2014 3:01 AM
Jul 2007
Surprisingly, not as bad as the reviews made it out to be. Usually I find it to be the opposite.

It has action, it has suspense, drama, a love triangle, and bad ass swords. Various references to other animes and religion both. I spent most of the time playing catch that reference.

The ending was basically a mind fuck, the first 11 episodes happened 17 years after those last few minutes... Or did they??? Probably not. Apparently evasive and acceleration magic don't mix well. You end up predicting things in the future at the same time as you accelerate in the present. Ending up in the past just makes sense from a balance standpoint.

You know what? I'm ok with it ending right where it did. It was short enough I could watch the entire series in an evening and I don't necessarily want my last 4 hours back.

I admit I can't remember any of the characters names. Including the main character. Mostly they've been replaced with their counterparts in other animes with the same voice actors and more time to grow attached. I kept expecting the black hair gun using chick with electric style magic to be wielding a spear and shouting something about lions for instance... The school in the real world using the exact same set as kenichi: master disciple. You can even see the alley where he gets cornered by the kick-boxing/sport karate jock clearly in one of the frames.

The final episode was the best episode. It ended.

All the other unanswered questions? Aren't you having a great time imagining how they might have played out? Why else would someone get so excited, angry, ticked, or ect.
Jul 22, 2014 2:32 AM

Jan 2012
the whole anime is pretty damn mediocre/generic magic shounen or w/e you wanna call it

many would be disappointed by last EP but those that get a hard-on with time travel/paradox/parallel world concept, it is the biggest cock tease ever

shit just went from bland to potential epic (plot wise) for me...

seems like kazuma is actually MC and violet is kurumi? but other than that everything else is mind fuck..

gonna wait for more season to get accurate rating.. otherwise 1-2 pt would be cut off like other potential anime that ended too early

6/10 with potential 8/10 for now
Jul 31, 2014 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
This anime just gave me frustration.

3/10
Aug 5, 2014 1:53 PM

May 2014
Well that ending was sudden, okay
I'm glad that Momoka is still alive and she looks damn good in those clothes.
RooringaaruDec 12, 2015 4:00 AM

"是不為也,非不能也"
𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓈𝓉
Aug 8, 2014 3:38 AM

Aug 2014
Who the hell was chosing "Liked it"
if there is 6 on the vote ,I WILL CHOSE IT!!!
Aug 9, 2014 11:55 PM

Jul 2012
god... if i wans't drunk and trolling my log of "recently" completed anime I never would have stumbled upon this anime again... it would have become (though it sort of already is) one of those anime that is automatically glossed over when I review my list for something to rewatch.

so bad, and anyone that liked it should feel bad....... won't be back (directed to responders), it'll be a miracle if i remember if i remember posting this in the morning.
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Aug 10, 2014 12:54 AM

Aug 2014
blessofcurse said:
This anime just gave me frustration.

3/10

yeah ,you're right>>
I wasted my time for seeing this bullshit,,,,

don't get your hopes up on second season though
Aug 11, 2014 7:43 PM

Aug 2011
Yeap. Makes no sense.

» Escapism.

Aug 12, 2014 8:50 AM

Nov 2013
thepath said:
So people are rating this low score just because that last episode is unfinished and doesn't answer all questions. That sound like a dumb reason to rate an anime is low

This final episode is probably the best episode in the series. And animes don't always have to give all the answers in 1 season. Attack on titan didn't answer all the question in 1st season, we don't know the origin of the titan, we don't anything about the key and basement.
They rate it low because the whole anime sucks, the ending was just the worst part so all of the hate ended up being posted in this thread.
Aug 16, 2014 1:50 PM

Sep 2013
The worst possible ending ever, leaving the viewers with alot of question marks. -1/10 for ending and overall it was a decent anime, not what I had in mind hearing about it, but it was enjoyable.
Aug 31, 2014 7:59 AM

Jun 2013
Okay the ending to this just pissed me off
6/10 episode
8,5/10 overall
Sep 2, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2014
well, the ending was very...very...meh.
4/10. So many plotholes. The music was the only good thing in this anime.
Sep 6, 2014 4:01 AM

Aug 2014
Glad to see Momoka is still ok. She looks cool in that uniform as well.. I'm glad to see that both teams cared about their members. But I just can't like Mui, she's just really annoying. She doesn't know her place. Kurumi as well, but at least she didn't cause as much trouble.

I actually kinda like the final episode more than the previous one even if it's really frustrating to watch. It was finally getting serious, and then poof, gone. I wasted my time watching this. It has great potential, but they didn't even try.
Sep 25, 2014 4:57 AM

May 2012
CrocLee_Sin said:
The worst possible ending ever, leaving the viewers with alot of question marks. -1/10 for ending and overall it was a decent anime, not what I had in mind hearing about it, but it was enjoyable.

How leaving a lot of question make the ending bad anyway ?!

It only means that story in not complete and you need 2nd season (I don't think this will happen because of poor sales unfortunately) or you can read the novel to continue to story.

The ending was one of most enjoyable episode out of this anime in my opinion. It had decent action, more dramatic that the episodes, and has some twists. Leaving more questions than answers make me curious, and want to know what happens next. It doesn't make it bad. In fact it is the last episode that makes this anime more exciting, but unfortunately it stopped here.
thepathSep 25, 2014 5:00 AM
Oct 5, 2014 4:06 PM

May 2013
I don't know why but even after the many months of thinking about this ending. It still makes not one lick of sense.
Oct 9, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2007
WHAT KIND OF BULL-CLIFFHANGER WAS THAT?!

I was totally into this anime and that bam, no continuation of the episodes.
Oct 11, 2014 3:35 AM
Aug 2013
So many plot holes
Horrible characters
Where's all this going?
Wtf is happening
Ending was so bad and rushed and was so incompleted o.O
So much more i wish to say the battles were ok I guess can't believe this has an average of 6 should be a 3
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

158 by rezasaputra27 »»
Feb 17, 2021 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.