Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
What the fuck.

I think it was too damn obvious that will end this way.
What really frustrates me is that we couldn't get to know if Mitsuo made a move on Linda,or Chinami on him.

7/10 with a lot of mercy.
Mar 27, 2014 1:31 PM
Feb 2014
BloodReaperArmy said:
Ohmergersh! I haven't seen the ep yet but by what your saying i may aswell give up watching! Kouko is the most fucking annoying character IMO ever!!! And ohmergersh her hair! I want to throw up just by looking at it! Ughhh, Linda deserved Banri, and also look and Banri falling in love was a little to rushed, maybe more naturally would be better but gosh! Ehh, thus show wasn't the greatest anyway. Nagi no asakura, attack on titan, stiens gate, toradora ftw!

dude u dont have to worry SPOILER:::::::: Linda said YES to past banri(they were able to see and talk to ghost banri) so she said she loves him and that her answer was yes.Ghost was happy with that,but he left present banri to live on.And the present banri finished with Koko.So its like happy ending for both Banris :D
Mar 27, 2014 1:31 PM

May 2012
Nice that it was a happy ending, but like others said, it was too rushed... I honestly feel like this brought it down to a 7.5-8/10 for me. I enjoyed it nonetheless

Mar 27, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2009
Wow. I'm so happy but still I'm a little suprised, I thought they do not make happy ending for these two. So I feel relief. At the end Linda blushed when Yana-san look at her so lol, that was unexpected since she admit love for Banri I (lol Banri I and II). Btw what now with Oka-chan? <sad_face> 2-D-kun this is true friend of this year. I will miss this show 'couse for me pairing Tada x Kouko was the greatest. And sorry to be honest, I can't understand ppl who was Linda followers. Linda was nice girl but... Nah, shit happens.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Mar 27, 2014 1:33 PM
May 2013
Terrible ending not even because it was a look and banri ending but how it was executed was essentially sloppy and kind of predictable. It made it look as if koko had planned it to happen that way. Seriously I was actually fine with this episode until that part where he saw the mirror complete and under bs
Mar 27, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
oh look another "its the last episode let's wrap this puppy up all nice and neat who cares about other people's feelings let's sail the canon ship gogogo"

what was that whole deal with linda saying "yes" then just running away?

whatever, the show had its ups and downs and was comparatively one of the better shows this season. 8/10
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Mar 27, 2014 1:38 PM
Feb 2014
Madara31 said:
Well as I expected, Chinami/Mitsuo was left unresolved. Crap ending for her but it's her own fault. She kept her mouth shut until the end so she has no sympathy from me.

The whole scene with Linda and the Banris on the bridge was just weird. I don't understand how Linda was able to interact with ghost Banri, and of course they leave that unexplained, along with what Linda has to take care of. The Banri and Koko scene was nice though.

6/10 overall from me. 2D and Nana were by far the best characters, which sucks considering they got the least screen time.

maybe those things she had to take care of are maybe her feelings?Since she knew "present" Banri is here now and he is loving koko.So she needed to calm down maybe?Its just a guess
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1123773&show=20#s78lrQ6QrBVxhudr.99
Mar 27, 2014 1:38 PM
May 2013
VongolaXII said:
BloodReaperArmy said:
Ohmergersh! I haven't seen the ep yet but by what your saying i may aswell give up watching! Kouko is the most fucking annoying character IMO ever!!! And ohmergersh her hair! I want to throw up just by looking at it! Ughhh, Linda deserved Banri, and also look and Banri falling in love was a little to rushed, maybe more naturally would be better but gosh! Ehh, thus show wasn't the greatest anyway. Nagi no asakura, attack on titan, stiens gate, toradora ftw!

dude u dont have to worry SPOILER:::::::: Linda said YES to past banri(they were able to see and talk to ghost banri) so she said she loves him and that her answer was yes.Ghost was happy with that,but he left present banri to live on.And the present banri finished with Koko.So its like happy ending for both Banris :D

Not really they completely half assed it. I mean come on seeing the mirror then all of a sudden new banri is back such a disappointing ending.
Mar 27, 2014 1:39 PM
Jul 2009
So it was 2D kun who saved the day. May he not be forgotten.
Mar 27, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2013
metalsuk said:

2D-kun is the true hero of this show
Mar 27, 2014 1:41 PM
May 2013
metalsuk said:

some would argue ruined it for linda
Mar 27, 2014 1:42 PM
Feb 2014
SkyKyz said:
Fucking bridge scene with Linda and past Banri ruined everything
Linda hugging and seeing what is supposed to be a fraction of Banri's past memory but apparently not because it can fucking pick up a ring that fell in a river.

It's great that Kaga ended up with Banri and that he remembers everything but we got a big fuck you for the rest of the characters.

Mediocre Time

ahahah thats true he picked the fking ring,i mean like come on,that ring fell into river earlier that day.And + it was past banri who dropped it.How the fk is ring still there ? And how past banri knew about the ring ?
Mar 27, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
That was surprisingly satisfactory. Ehh 8 or 9? Gonna have trouble. Golden Time had its good and bad moments
Mar 27, 2014 1:45 PM
Feb 2014
Wongseifu said:
Terrible ending not even because it was a look and banri ending but how it was executed was essentially sloppy and kind of predictable. It made it look as if koko had planned it to happen that way. Seriously I was actually fine with this episode until that part where he saw the mirror complete and under bs

true that,i mean like,he already saw the fking miror several times.And somehow he remembered everything while koko was at his home town.It must be magic !
Mar 27, 2014 1:46 PM

Dec 2013
I don't have much to say regarding this ending except that this finale made me feel so complete. Yes, Banri becoming whole by seeing himself in Koko's mirror was.... um cliche? I guess. Or maybe deus ex machina? Maybe. Either way, despite how Banri arrived at his destination. It was wonderful. Despite its flaws, Golden Time is a show that I will happily rewatch sometime in the future and is one of my favorite romantic comedies. 9/10
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 27, 2014 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
I'm sorry, but where did anyone watch this that wasn't so horribly off-sync? All the vids I found had sound and video off-sync by 3-5 secs and it bugged me so much I stopped, but I still want to watch this. (video was 27 mins long... pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to be) And then I peeked at the end of the video and the screen was grey...
Mar 27, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2013
Kouko was always my favorite girl so for me it was less about her ending up with Banri and more about her being happy in the end, which she is with Banri so I'm pleased.

Really wish 2D-kun and Nana had gotten together though, or at least had more screen time.

The past Banri ghost, though... I just cannot get behind that, or how Banri and Linda suddenly saw him in the end. I don't think her feelings and Banri's feelings are that complicated, they loved each other in the past and she understands that he's a different person now who's in love with someone else. If anything, that frees her to find her own happiness.
Mar 27, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
DrFluffyUnicorn said:
this was amazing i would like an ova epilogue

I'm sure there will be some OVAs, but the content of those OVAs.... Luckily the author of the Golden Time light novels wrote some side stories. Featuring none other than the hero of the finale 2D-kun
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 27, 2014 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
The linda butt hurt is fricken hilarious. I mean really guys you thought that this was still possible in the last episode? Get a clue people

As a whole the episode was rushed and left some unexplained things, but really i dont care cause i got to see closure and completion. So many anime's leave you hoping for a 2nd season, its good this one was a complete package.

i wrote a full review for anyone interested

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=137271
Mar 27, 2014 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
I am so FUCKING HAPPY that was how it ended....I honestly cried.....like...a lot.....

Great show. Great great great show. I gave it a 9/10 over all.
Mar 27, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed this show. The only thing I didn't really like was "ghost" Banri and the bridge part with him at the end. I wish they had made it more clear what was going on with that.

Though I enjoyed the ending, I think I would have preferred the memories of past Banri to merge with current Banri. It would have made choosing who to go with more difficult, but it would also make Banri feel more complete (and make the ending feel more complete as a result).
Mar 27, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
I thought this last episode wasn't quite as good as most of the rest of the show. It was cute and wrapped everything up successfully, but it felt a little as though they were stretching to make the happy ending.

I personally would have preferred if this one episode had been extended to 2-3 episodes, Banri hadn't regained his memories, and he and Koko re-formed their relationship from scratch. I think it would have been tough for Koko to accept, but I think it's a little better than an ending that glosses over the obvious fact that Banri still might have memory issues. A longer finale would have also given more time to provide a more satisfactory resolution for the other characters, who, aside from Linda, don't get much attention or screen time in the finale.
Mar 27, 2014 1:58 PM
Feb 2014
Trollbrotherno1 said:
The linda butt hurt is fricken hilarious. I mean really guys you thought that this was still possible in the last episode? Get a clue people

As a whole the episode was rushed and left some unexplained things, but really i dont care cause i got to see closure and completion. So many anime's leave you hoping for a 2nd season, its good this one was a complete package.

i wrote a full review for anyone interested

http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=137271

well dude,we were up for linda x banri cuz they had the whole past spent together,and koko is with him like few mounths?Linda is better person.But ye it was obvious that he will finish with koko.Yet,im happy that Linda said she loves him(past banri),so it was enough for me.If that didnt happen' i would feel like everything great that happend between those 2 means nothing.
Mar 27, 2014 1:59 PM
Feb 2014
Wow, sorry to say this, but the ending was quite lame.

Sure, the writer might have been the same as Toradora's, but to even make the ending the same as Toradora? They sure lack some creativity lately.

Also, the scene with Koko on the bridge: Listen carefully to the music, then watch the scene in the second last episode of Toradora where Ryuuji runs after Taiga. BAM, almost identical.

Yeah.. I'm a bit disappointed, the last few episodes were too rushed. Not much closure for other important characters like Oka or Yana. Ah well. Overall I'd give this whole series a 6/10 max.
Mar 27, 2014 2:00 PM

Oct 2012
Obvious but happy ending. I used to ship KokoxBanri but since episode 20 I stopped but I'm happy this show ended like this.
So Old Banri went to the river and gave the ring to current Banri... That surprised me, both existed at the same place, like the bridge was a place where they could talk or something. And it was foggy too.
Linda-senpai moved on and started to like Yana, I didn't expect that.
2D-kun did a nice move there, forcing Koko to try going after Banri again.
I'm not really sure if rate this with an 8 or a 9 so, I'll give it 8.5/10.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Mar 27, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't care for the ending. Too predictable. Was looking for a swerve of some sort. Toradora second season basically.
Mar 27, 2014 2:03 PM
Feb 2014
jondoom said:
Toradora second season basically.

Exactly. This.
Mar 27, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
Several people had already commented in earlier episodes that the LN did not push the love triangle between Koko, Linda, and Banri that (over)excited anime viewers. I thought it was a pretty good romance, and it brought back a lot of bittersweet memories of my undergrad years. I never saw Linda as a serious prospect (or maybe she just reminded me too much of an unrequited love interest in the past). I'm just glad Kokou and Banri got together in the end.

But yes, I will officially promote 2D-Kun to 3D....what a bro!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 27, 2014 2:04 PM

Dec 2011
Obvious ending. This was so painful to watch and I'm so glad it's over 4/10

Mar 27, 2014 2:09 PM

Nov 2013
This was the funniest episode of Golden Time ever. 5/5, really enjoyed it. But seriously, wheres the supernatural tag?

tittycakesXD said:
Paper_Raccoon said:
Well this anime got as close as I've ever seen to a REAL relation ship type of anime... I wished there where more of this type of same feeling anime

really? I've never been in a relationship where I had amnesia and my ghost of my former self was breathing down my neck and cursed me while I dated a girl but hey that's just me.

Says you. I've had a spur of the moment where I recovered my memories, chased after my girl, and bumped into a ghost of myself.
Mar 27, 2014 2:09 PM

Jan 2014
Wow... I'm seeing people rating a show solely on its ending? What a bunch of a$$holes! Golden time on a whole was great I loved it. Its no nagi no asukara but its still a 9/10. I shipped linda but I expected it and I was happy she admitted to loving banri and was nice enough to let him go to koko. I was 60% linda 40% koko and The lot of you seems to forget everything that happened throughout this series and just get butt hurt.

Great show screw the haters! 9/10!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 27, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
I'm gonna pretend it ended before he found the mirror
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 27, 2014 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
Phew its finally over! It was a happy ending but still disappointing and lacklustre. What was the point of Banri losing his memories and going crazy just to regain them right after. Its like all the built up drama got thrown out the window. I don't know if this was rushed or what? Well at least the the OST was good.

I'll give it a 6/10. It started out strong but got progressively worse each episode.
Mar 27, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2012
Hooray for a proper romance ending.

I have enjoyed the series overall, I didn't like the inconclusive ending with other character relationships (Yana, Linda, 2D-kun, Oka) and the whole Banri drama too much but I liked the characters themselves as well as the occasional comedic moment.

I'm giving it a 7/10, this and Kill La Kill are my favourite anime of the Autumn 2013 season.
Mar 27, 2014 2:16 PM

Feb 2013
Hmm, aside from the rushed end, I thought this anime was great! 9/10 for me.
It would've been better if this particular episode was expanded into two episodes, making this 25 episodes long, but hey we get what we get. One of the best anime this season IMO.
Mar 27, 2014 2:20 PM

May 2010
THE FEELS!!! also i would be hella pissed if i spent a year and some change going to school, just to forget it after i get my memories back but that's just me.

10/10 enjoyed it 2nd best of season.
Mar 27, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
JPthugnificent said:
Hmm, aside from the rushed end, I thought this anime was great! 9/10 for me.
It would've been better if this particular episode was expanded into two episodes, making this 25 episodes long, but hey we get what we get. One of the best anime this season IMO.

THANK YOU!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 27, 2014 2:21 PM

Aug 2013
Wow i was crying at the ending of this, I enjoyed the ending but didnt understand the whole part with Linda, she was talking to past Banri saying Yes, but then turned to present Banri and said yes as well. Im confused.

Overall was very happy with the series.

Was really happy with all the friendship.
My Candies:
Mar 27, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
I am getting that void again like in Toradora goddamn it
It was a nice ending but I'm mad 2D and Oka Chinami didn't end up with anyone
*cries because the show is over*
Mar 27, 2014 2:29 PM
Jan 2013
ok we all knew it was gonna end with them together but who cares if it was predictable, it made me feel all warm nonetheless! linda and mitsuo got me so excited and no night in paris hinted haha. confused about the bridge scene, what even happened with linda and old banri?? sped through the episodes to get to the finale and I'm glad !
Mar 27, 2014 2:31 PM
Sep 2012
This episode came off as rushed to me and the bridge scene with ghost Banri and Linda was odd as well.
Mar 27, 2014 2:35 PM
Mar 2014
it was okay
Mar 27, 2014 2:38 PM

Jan 2012
ddlw12 said:
ok we all knew it was gonna end with them together but who cares if it was predictable, it made me feel all warm nonetheless! linda and mitsuo got me so excited and no night in paris hinted haha. confused about the bridge scene, what even happened with linda and old banri?? sped through the episodes to get to the finale and I'm glad !

yeah it's like toradora all over again
Mar 27, 2014 2:39 PM
Feb 2014
uran10 said:
Wow... I'm seeing people rating a show solely on its ending? What a bunch of a$$holes! Golden time on a whole was great I loved it. Its no nagi no asukara but its still a 9/10. I shipped linda but I expected it and I was happy she admitted to loving banri and was nice enough to let him go to koko. I was 60% linda 40% koko and The lot of you seems to forget everything that happened throughout this series and just get butt hurt.

The show overall wasn't great at all. The writer lacked too much creativity and kind of nabbed some of the old ideas from Toradora.

Even the directors/writers of the anime couldn't save the lack of creativity. Most episodes were too rushed. The show consisted of just a few great, well-written episodes and the majority was just filled with the usual "OH SNAP. We need some drama now to keep people hooked".

Only great thing about the show was probably the character development, but even there it lacked a bit.
Mar 27, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2013
Doobiedoobie said:
uran10 said:

The show overall wasn't great at all. The writer lacked too much creativity and kind of nabbed some of the old ideas from Toradora.

Even the directors/writers of the anime couldn't save the lack of creativity. Most episodes were too rushed. The show consisted of just a few great, well-written episodes and the majority was just filled with the usual "OH SNAP. We need some drama now to keep people hooked".

Only great thing about the show was probably the character development, but even there it lacked a bit.

The comedy tho.
Mar 27, 2014 2:42 PM
Mar 2013
Wow this show was a bit painful to watch. The only thing i really liked about this episode was probably 2D-kun for being a true pal and helping his friend deep down. I give this show a 6.5/10 because it was pretty hard to sit through some of the episodes
Mar 27, 2014 2:44 PM

Jan 2012
Even though it was a cliche ending it was satisfying. I will really miss Oka though. Anyway, great show.

Mar 27, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2011
Dem feels.. Last ep was BS but the ending was good. 9/10 well deserved.
Mar 27, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2013
I grinded through this in hopes of me forcing myself to like it.

it never happened.

average show personally didnt think it need to be 2 cour lot's of filler.

6/10
Mar 27, 2014 2:48 PM

Jun 2013
After some roundabout ways of conveying things it turned out not bad ;)
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

311 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.