Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 5:09 PM

Feb 2013
I absolutely loved the ending. Exactly what I was expecting. So many tears... wow.
I'm so happy to have seen Linda blushing for Yana-san. So cute. Still, I've taken a load off. Too much drama was stressing me. Anyway, I loved it.

Mar 27, 2014 5:13 PM

Apr 2011
Based 2D-kun God.
Mar 27, 2014 5:13 PM

Apr 2013
well good ending though i hoped for Linda x Banri but already expected Koko x Banri in the very end
Mar 27, 2014 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
Liked first half, disliked the 2nd half for the most part. 7/10 for this, though I still feel like I'm being generous.
Mar 27, 2014 5:21 PM
Mar 2014
Love the ending 5/5 for me :D and, did they get engaged or something?
Mar 27, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2013
Loved it, every bit of this episode.
Linda finally responded, and Banri remembers Kouko again.
NICE WORK 2D-KUN. This guy is a god.
Happy ending for Kouko and Banri :)
8/10.
Mar 27, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2012
Lyyu said:
It was a great anime, but the end was too rushed.
2D and Nana were the best characters! They should have more screen time, and Oka should have a better ending
This. They were both awesome; really grounded and good examples of a friend throughout.
Nana was probably best girl and 2D was even kinda responsible for the happy end with his emails.

And yeah about Oka, I thought 2D and Oka might be good ship one day but then again, maybe 2D kun was true to form and still only liked 2D girls lol
Mar 27, 2014 5:24 PM

Aug 2012
This episode had me gritting my teeth with my lips turned back like a rabid dog, then screaming at my TV, and finally rejoicing like I won a super bowl ring. I cannot be happier with this anime. It has revitalized my faith in the anime industry.
Mar 27, 2014 5:25 PM

Mar 2013
10/10 Gave me the feels throughout the series and that void whenever you finished a show you really enjoyed. T^T

Although I do agree that the whole Banri/Linda/bridge thing was a real mindfuck with her being able to see Ghost Banri.
speedykilluMar 27, 2014 5:41 PM
Mar 27, 2014 5:29 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty nice end here. Maybe a little rushed as has been said before, and the resolution with ghost banri was a little confusing.
Still I thought the characters were all interesting and semi mature most of the time(except Koko who was immature even in the end lol) and the feels were usually sincere.

Plus, I felt the amnesia trope was used in a very interesting way with the duality of Banri's conscious.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable anime and I'm glad I decided to watch it

8/10
Mar 27, 2014 5:31 PM
May 2013
Wasn't the best ending, but I am a tada x koko fanboy so I am happy.
Mar 27, 2014 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
I would have liked to see Linda/Banri like we got in the first half of the episode, but that's not my main problem with the turn this series took.. Instead of everything coming full circle, it's like it did a 540°. The series came full circle. Banri remembered his past self and then it took another little spin. That wasn't necessary. The show honestly would have been better off ending more solemnly than the typical Hollywood romantic ending.
Mar 27, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
so... was that ending with linda metaphorical? or did she somehow magically sprinted ahead of him and waited him at the bridge before seeing koko? LOL.

well w/e

7/10 for good. nothing really mind blowing. all the characters are pretty meh. i cant really sympathize with banry. koko is at least admirable and alright. but if she wasnt so good looking, im not sure how i would think about her (probably less). linda also fell off in my books, as nothing much was done with her as a character. she was just there for added drama, really. in the end, after typing this, i feel like i should give it a 6/10 but ill give it a +1 for at least being enjoyable weekly.
Mar 27, 2014 5:40 PM

Sep 2013
glad it's a kokoxbanri ending.. I really love koko even though she's a bitch at times xD
Mar 27, 2014 5:46 PM

Jul 2013
LOL poor Chinami. Didn't get shit.

7/10.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Mar 27, 2014 5:47 PM

Sep 2013
Okay Koko, you win.
I'm a bit disappointed with it. Not only because Koko wins, but all the shenanigans with the Banris on the bridge and how they handled Linda there. Her reaction didn't feel right.
I feel like I should give it an 8 based on the ending, but it was a good ride, so 9 it is.
Mar 27, 2014 5:49 PM

Apr 2009
yes get mad linda nerds. Best girl wins best show. 10/10 incredible ending 750/750 tears stacked, ENCORE!
Mar 27, 2014 5:54 PM

Dec 2012
Good run!

Wasn't sure which pair to root for but at least Banri is happy now :D
Mar 27, 2014 5:57 PM

Sep 2013
God, the last episode made me laugh and facepalm. It's like someone squeezed a train of emotions through a pinhole in one episode, so it ended up being a mess. Oh well, overall 6/10
Mar 27, 2014 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
i wonder what this show would of been without all the ghost banri shit

even if the comedy was pretty bad i enjoyed some of the earlier stuff of this series but i don't remember the last time i cringed so much watching something,not to mention this awful ending

7/10 because of characters like 2D kun and linda
Mar 27, 2014 6:00 PM
Oct 2013
this episode is so rush, it may be perfect if they extend 2 episodes, dissapointed ending because the scene at the bridge and linda shows up. What the hell that ghost banri? i hope there will be a second season that better than this and toradora
Mar 27, 2014 6:01 PM

Aug 2012
Seta19 said:
yes get mad linda nerds. Best girl wins best show. 10/10 incredible ending 750/750 tears stacked, ENCORE!

Oh man, how ruthless. Heh. Yeah I can't say I didn't feel a little bit like this also. I knew Kouko was going to win, but I had no idea that she wouldn't necessarily have to lift a finger to do so.

I don't think Linda was really hurt about it though. She's moved on to Yana. She implied that she was holding herself back from him for Banri.

ashlelouch said:
LOL poor Chinami. Didn't get shit.

7/10.

Well, there's still 2-D-kun. I'll just pretend that happened for both of their sake... x-x

What I'm -really- interested in is what's going on with Nana. XD
Mar 27, 2014 6:03 PM

Sep 2013
ClosedLeo said:
A great anime with a great ending ,couldn't ask for better. (damn feels) .
The last minutes : Paris promise ? XD

hahaha yea, i was hoping for that paris promise. lol xD
Mar 27, 2014 6:09 PM

Feb 2014
That epic moment when his memories returned... I couldn't hold my damn tears... Loved the ending.
Mar 27, 2014 6:11 PM

May 2012
I don't like how having a really good ending can make me forget how much bullshit an anime was full of but it made me bump up the score from a 6/10 back to a 7/10 :/
Mar 27, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
BiriBiri21 said:
ClosedLeo said:
A great anime with a great ending ,couldn't ask for better. (damn feels) .
The last minutes : Paris promise ? XD

hahaha yea, i was hoping for that paris promise. lol xD

yup i hope they will make an OVA about that....
Mar 27, 2014 6:21 PM
Jul 2012
Okay, for me, the series was amazing all the way! Till this episode. WHAT THE F*CK WERE THEY DOING!? They rushed such an important episode! They freaking went ape-sh*t on it! I've got a good many reasons why it screwed an ending!
1) HOW THE F*CK IS A MIRROR SO CONVENIENTLY OPENED AT THAT TIME JUST SO HAPPEN TO BRING BACK BANRI'S MEMORIES!? I know its important, but come on, to come back by just looking!? Come on, how could he have not even looked at it once? I would prefer it to be less sudden. The surprise was great, but its just feels to lack any good ground to its feet.

2) How in the god's motherf*cking name can Linda even hug or speak to the old Banri!? I can understand Banri himself just because they are the same person, but Linda, where in this world does that sort of miracle happen? Are they just appeasing Linda fans? I'm one too, but I don't want some kind of bull crap thrown at me at the last second! I can only give the headcanon that Linda saw Banri talking to himself from her point of view and hugged where she thought Banri saw old Banri, and she just did what we saw.

3) Why did you put half of the episode being (near) useless information!? The Linda part would have been easy to implement, and the 2D-kun emails also. Along with the year thing. I rather have them take more of the time to make sure the ending was absolutely clean of weird ass-sh*t.

Okay, not so many as I thought. Still, the series was great overall. Lovable characters and a romance that I can't help but love more and more as the series goes on.(Yeah, I defected from the Linda side as time went on) I enjoyed this series, all of its romance, all of it plain stupid college fun, and nearly everything in between. I would rate it higher if it wasn't for this episode, but its 7/10.

If your wondering what my initial score was, it was either 9/10 or 10/10.
Mar 27, 2014 6:21 PM

Feb 2014
Chaospan said:
This episode had me gritting my teeth with my lips turned back like a rabid dog, then screaming at my TV, and finally rejoicing like I won a super bowl ring. I cannot be happier with this anime. It has revitalized my faith in the anime industry.

Same here dude.
Mar 27, 2014 6:22 PM

Jan 2014
it was not a match between koko x linda,it was a good romance anime.remember that before talking...i appreciated that this show managed to keep me interested more than 20 episode with an ongoing relationship between characters,there isnt many shows like this...so Golden Time may not be perfect but it was a 10/10 for me...(and everyone needs a friend like 2D)

Acxelion said:
Okay, for me, the series was amazing all the way! Till this episode. WHAT THE F*CK WERE THEY DOING!? They rushed such an important episode! They freaking went ape-sh*t on it! I've got a good many reasons why it screwed an ending!
1) HOW THE F*CK IS A MIRROR SO CONVENIENTLY OPENED AT THAT TIME JUST SO HAPPEN TO BRING BACK BANRI'S MEMORIES!? I know its important, but come on, to come back by just looking!? Come on, how could he have not even looked at it once? I would prefer it to be less sudden. The surprise was great, but its just feels to lack any good ground to its feet.

2) How in the god's motherf*cking name can Linda even hug or speak to the old Banri!? I can understand Banri himself just because they are the same person, but Linda, where in this world does that sort of miracle happen? Are they just appeasing Linda fans? I'm one too, but I don't want some kind of bull crap thrown at me at the last second! I can only give the headcanon that Linda saw Banri talking to himself from her point of view and hugged where she thought Banri saw old Banri, and she just did what we saw.

3) Why did you put half of the episode being (near) useless information!? The Linda part would have been easy to implement, and the 2D-kun emails also. Along with the year thing. I rather have them take more of the time to make sure the ending was absolutely clean of weird ass-sh*t.

Okay, not so many as I thought. Still, the series was great overall. Lovable characters and a romance that I can't help but love more and more as the series goes on.(Yeah, I defected from the Linda side as time went on) I enjoyed this series, all of its romance, all of it plain stupid college fun, and nearly everything in between. I would rate it higher if it wasn't for this episode, but its 7/10.

If your wondering what my initial score was, it was either 9/10 or 10/10.

1)he remembered that mirror when he saw the other pair next to the dvd koko brought...:(it was not coincidence)

2)whole ghost banri thing confuses me so i dont get how you were ok with it until this episode,i wonder if all the ghost thing makes sense in LN

3)yea it was BS

Mod Edit: Double post combined.
rodacMar 27, 2014 7:20 PM
Mar 27, 2014 6:34 PM

Nov 2012
I was hoping for a happy ending and I got what i wanted, but it was sort of a letdown in regards to the rest of the story...

I feel like there wasn't enough development with linda. She had the potential to be a second heroine with all the right reasons for it, so near the end she says she loved banri's ghost and.....wait..that's it.

So what happens to her after she left?

There's too many open ends and not enough closure. What happens to oka-chan and mitsuo? Does linda become a love triangle or is she completely over it? These are just examples of the unanswered things.

I understand the problem of only having 24 episodes for everything is a constraint, but it feels like the ending was somewhat rushed.
Jose-samaMar 27, 2014 6:40 PM
Mar 27, 2014 6:38 PM

Mar 2013
I loved the ending, he just had to end up with Koko. I loved how Linda helped "ghost Banri" leave in peace forever. Koko is awesome and I'll never forget her. This is now one of my favorite drama animes.

Too bad Chinami and 2D-kun didn't get anyone but I honestly liked the Mitsuo x Linda tease in the end. Fantastic series.

10/10
Mar 27, 2014 6:39 PM

Oct 2012
Totally cheesy, corny, clichéd, and sappy ending.

I can totally dig it. I would lie if I said I didn't smile. Looks like Oka-chan is going empty handed :(. Can't all be winners.

Feel-good ending does not excuse some pacing issues, sub-par directing, and some ham-fisted drama.

I don't regret watching it though. 7/10
Mar 27, 2014 6:43 PM

Aug 2012
2D-kun ended up being the best thing about this disappointing series, yet he didn't even get Chinami in the end, not even a hint toward the possibility.
Mar 27, 2014 6:45 PM

May 2013
Simply perfect. They ended it beautifully, crushing any worries I had about Ghost Banri or other nonsense. Just perfect. :')
Mar 27, 2014 6:48 PM

Nov 2012
kondee said:
Totally cheesy, corny, clichéd, and sappy ending.

I can totally dig it. I would lie if I said I didn't smile. Looks like Oka-chan is going empty handed :(. Can't all be winners.

Feel-good ending does not excuse some pacing issues, sub-par directing, and some ham-fisted drama.

I don't regret watching it though. 7/10

Lol you just worded exactly how I feel right now way better than I could've possibly done it myself.

+1 To your comment.
Mar 27, 2014 6:49 PM

Dec 2013
To be honest, I don't like that BanrixKoko pairing at all, but what can be done. It was rather obvious that he would get his memories back and then be reunited with Koko, even when I don't favor dat pairing it still was fine to see.

What actually happend with Linda, when he confessed to old Banri that she Loves him and would accept everything about him? I don't get the logic right now, because this feels more rushed than the reunitung from koko and Banri.

It seems like Linda can move Forward now and it also seems like she's blushing when Mitsuo is filming her, I guess this really means this Anime and the Light Novels are over. I don't know who is gonna end up with whom and if we don't get any OVA or more information in the Light Novels it's saddining.

All in all this was a Nice Anime, I would have expected a Bit more from the same author of Toradora, but the end was kinda obvious, I guess I will give it an overall rating 8/10. PS: As a LindaxBanri-Fan, I'm kinda sad..
Mar 27, 2014 6:55 PM
Jan 2014
I kinda liked the feel-good ending but mixed feelings on koko X banri
coulda gone both ways but ending was too obvious all along (i mean just look at the OP!)

the first half of golden time was amazing so 8/10.
kinda expected more out of this second half and the ending.
corny ending but still a decent anime.
Mar 27, 2014 6:58 PM
Aug 2011
2-D-kun and Koko butting heads is going to be my new desktop for a while.
Mar 27, 2014 7:00 PM

Feb 2014
So we have finished Golden Time... And I know this is out of the blue but does anybody know when the English subs for Kill la Kill is released? I NEED THE DAMN ENDING... Although I will miss the show :(
Mar 27, 2014 7:01 PM

Jul 2012
Fantastic ending. It was an alright show overall, had it's highlights at the same time, it's kinda meh sometimes. I thought it was just really fun to watch overall and I really liked it. IDK about my objective score though. Also, this was one of the shows that exceeded my expectations.

Kinaro said:
I don't like how having a really good ending can make me forget how much bullshit an anime was full of but it made me bump up the score from a 6/10 back to a 7/10 :/

^ This. I'm so uncertain LOL
Mar 27, 2014 7:01 PM

Feb 2014
Smallfoot said:
2-D-kun and Koko butting heads is going to be my new desktop for a while.

Thanks for the new wallpaper!
Mar 27, 2014 7:12 PM
Jan 2012
Glad to see a happy ending... but that Kouko monologue lost it's feel after like... the first minute lol.
Mar 27, 2014 7:15 PM

Apr 2013
mayukachan said:

Kinaro said:

^ This. I'm so uncertain LOL

Omg ik...on one hand there was so much boring slow paced crap in the middle and on the other hand the show as a whole was really nice. Damn
Mar 27, 2014 7:18 PM

Dec 2012
And once again 2D-kun proves that he is the man-THE wingman anyway. I was faltering on the Koko ship a couple episodes back but I guess everything turned out ok. Actually cared for the characters but wasn't the best show this season(that honor goes to Gin no Saji) 8/10 for me.
Mar 27, 2014 7:26 PM

Dec 2011
BanrixBanriGhost ending
Mar 27, 2014 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Koko and Banri ended up as couple again, it was good to hear that. Linda finally gave Banri the answer at the bridge.
Mar 27, 2014 7:37 PM

Oct 2013
I rarely finish an anime that I'd give a 3/10. This has got to be one of the worst romance anime I've watched in a long time and I very much regret watching it at all.

- The story had some potential in there but it's been lost for a while now.
- Most of the characters are just downright annoying,with Kouko & Banri taking the cake here,which in turn make it hard for the drama to work.
- The pacing is HORRENDOUS.
- The music is average at best but I guess this is a more subjective aspect.
- The animation is average at best too,although the character designs are good enough.
- The comedy...never worked for me but this is a more subjective aspect as well.
- Ghost Banri,nuff said.

Maybe I'm being too harsh,maybe I'll up it's score to a 4 eventually but I dunno. I really love a good romance and because of that I also really hate a bad romance. Shows like this give romantic drama anime a bad name which they definitely don't need anymore.

Phew! Man that felt good. At any rate,glad this is over.
ManlyTearMar 27, 2014 7:47 PM
Mar 27, 2014 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
anime began overwhelming, oscillated at times and at the end showed his quality
Linda fans wrung until the end, but it was with Kouko he would get same
but it was great to see the response from Linda, I already thought that was yes, she always took care of him after all
I turned the fan of 2D in the last episode kkkk
good dose of drama in the last episode, but in the end had a romantic mood to finish
I liked them not try to form couples at the end so everyone is happy
it was very worthwhile to have seen this anime and recommend to watch
I'll watch for sure again, hopefully still has an OVA or something to the delight of fans.

o anime começou avassalador, oscilou em alguns momentos e no fim mostrou a sua qualidade
fans da Linda torceram até o final, mas era com Kouko que ele iria ficar mesmo
mas foi muito bom ver a resposta da Linda, eu ja imaginava que era sim, afinal ela sempre cuidou dele
eu virei fan do 2D no ultimo episodio kkkk
boa dose de drama no ultimo episodio, mas no fim teve um humor romantico para terminar
gostei deles nao tentarem formar casais no final para que todos fiquem felizes
valeu muito a pena ter visto esse anime e recomendo a assitir
com certeza irei assistir novamente, tomara que ainda tenha um OVA ou algo assim para a alegria dos fans.
Mar 27, 2014 7:44 PM

May 2013
I loved the first part of the anime but the second half was lackluster. I understood most Banri stuff until the stuff with Linda in the last episode. How could she talk to someone who isn't really there? Unless he imagined it all but whatever. 2D-kun best wingman ever. A nice cliche and sappy ending which almost brought me to tears. What can I say I like the idea of love. I enjoyed the series despite it's problems 7/10.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

311 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.