Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
Golden Time > Toradora
Mar 27, 2014 3:17 PM

Feb 2014
Although the episode was confusing and cliché, It gave me the FEELS (T T). I kept crying at the last 10 minutes. That confession was so beautiful! I am so glad that it got a happy ending!
Mar 27, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2010
I guess I'm happy enough with this ending. Still wish he could have gotten with Linda though.

Mar 27, 2014 3:21 PM
Feb 2009
- holy man 2-D kun has saved the sunken ship!!
- Koko x Banri all the way!!!!
- wishing for ovas since just like everyone else the ending seemed a bit way too rushed.
Mar 27, 2014 3:22 PM

Nov 2013
What a heart-warming ending. Though I was a Linda shipper I'm happy that Koko and Banri got their happy ending.

Overall 8/10 - I loved that epilogue btw.
Mar 27, 2014 3:22 PM

Oct 2008
I felt the warmth in my heart. 10/10
Mar 27, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2010
It was fine, nothing special unfortunately.Nana and Linda best girls, dont care for others.Also 2D is a boss, he and Nana need their own spinoffs without Banri and Kouko so we can enjoy it ^^
6/10 it would be much better without all the supernatural elements, which were ridiculous in Golden Time's case.

-MgZ_ said:
I was laughing hard with that b.s ghost scene. I didn't even understand what happened or why did that happen. Linda was there too for some unknown reason. That was complete bullshit and all I could do was laugh at it.
I know right, just wtf.
Mar 27, 2014 3:26 PM

Feb 2008
I'm glad that Banri and Koko are back together, but I feel that I got mindfucked by the whole bridge thing. How was Linda able to see ghost Banri ? And in the end, what was the whole point of ghost Banri ? I'm also a bit disappointed that we didn't get a conclusive ending for the other couples. I thing they tried to hint that Mitsuo x Linda might become an item sometime in the future (the scene during the final credits, where Mitsuo is filming Linda, and she noticed him and blushed). I kinda' hoped that Chinami would settle her feelings somehow, maybe try to confess again to Mitsuo or simply move on. Oh, well, I hope she gets together with 2D-kun, he is awesome and he is the only completely sane character in this series.The second part of the show lacked the comedy the first part had, and we still don't know if Banri is cured or if the whole memory loss thing will repeat in the future.

Overall, I'll give it 7/10. I'm satisfied with Koko x Banri, but otherwise, there are a dozen of unanswered questions and plotholes.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Mar 27, 2014 3:29 PM
Jan 2013
Unfortunately nothing special. The only thing that could have saved this show from these last few episodes would have been a bad end. The transition from lost-memories Banri to I-love-Koko-again Banri was really fast. Ending was still "heart warming" but I honestly had to skim the end.

I guess my main problem was that I didn't really feel anything for the characters at the end. I thought this show had great potential but as it is 6/10.
Mar 27, 2014 3:32 PM

Jun 2012
I am wondering, why no anime dares to go for a nice boat ending. It doesn't have to be as disturbing as school days, but it was a nice change once in a while.
ChepriMar 27, 2014 3:36 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 27, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
What happened exactly at the bridge? Its like they merged his inner thoughts with real life events? Was Linda's part supposed to be real or not? She interacted with the ghost and all that then ran off while the atmosphere was still in "alternate inner mind" then he goes back to reality for the reunion with Koko. That scene wasn't particularly done well imo.

Also disappointed with the implied Linda x Yana thing, it feels so tacked on for God knows what reason when they already had Oka x Yana just screaming to be done. Linda never showed any interest until the last scene -_- and and if that scene with the ghost was actually Linda "Breaking free of her guilt and feelings for Banri" than again it was poorly done because HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? She stayed behind cheering for him to go get his girlfriend back then randomly shows up in his mind but somehow she was actually there? Doesn't make sense.

The show started strong but the memory loss thing really was mishandled and some of the side characters like Linda and Yana got tacked on romance developments when there wasn't any reason for that as they were content with things as is before they randomly added it.

7/8ish out of 10 I would rate it. The ending besides the above mentioned scenes were good (I especially loved 2D-kun calling Koko out....I was thinking the same thing the last 2 episodes).
Mar 27, 2014 3:38 PM

Dec 2009
Surprisingly good finale.

Shame this wasn't as good as Toradora or anything else by the same author to be honest. I can't help but think the anime adaptation ruined Golden Time...
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 27, 2014 3:40 PM
Dec 2013
Alrighty then. That was... disappointing. Old Banri should've had at least an episode for us to feel any real emotions towards him transitioning back to the New Banri. If he should've transitioned at all, which I don't think he should've. I lost all emotional bonds at the real end, except for characters like Chinami and 2-D Kun. For whatever reasons, the side characters were the real shining stars for me throughout this. Which made me so sad that there was no real closure for any of them. No closure for 2-D Kun, Koko, nor Yana. Hell, Linda barely got anything except for that she supported current Banri's relationship and loved previous Banri. We knew both of these things from the start. The lack of closure for my beloved side characters have made this final episode a complete bust. The ending itself was cliched, as expected with this type of anime, yet at the same time, this cliche is a disappointment as this anime could've had a much stronger impact as well as potential for a sequel of some sorts had they had him either get together with Linda or stay forever alone. While in some respects I loved Golden Time, those respects lie in the first half or so, minus the horrible Koko during that time. God, I hated her throughout this series for all but 3 episodes. This is an anime that REQUIRES an OVA, as with the inclusion of one more episode they can pull a Clannad and satisfy the hungry fan base of Banri and Linda shippers. As a whole, Golden Time is a above average anime with new qualities to bring to the table, but it fails in great strides against it's older brother Toradora!.

7.5/10
Mar 27, 2014 3:43 PM

Jun 2012
Shitty ending. I'd rather banri get with 2d-kun than koko.
Mar 27, 2014 3:48 PM
Dec 2013
dragonlight said:
Shitty ending. I'd rather banri get with 2d-kun than koko.

^^^

Wanted to quote this, as I've had this mentality basically the entire time. When things got better in their relationship, she moved herself out of my most hated heroine slot, (Eri from School Rumble takes that position before I met Koko) but she really did just slide back in there and didn't come out. I rather Banri get together with his Ghost Self than Koko, but at the same time, I can't really detract that much from the score of the anime based off of my preference.
Mar 27, 2014 3:56 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Here I thought Banri and Kouko would go there separate ways, but lets all thank 2D kun for getting them back together. I have mixed feelings about GT so I'll give it a 7. The last couple of episodes really let me down. And here ghost Banri again makes an appearance.

Nice pictures of Kouko down below:
Going for the kiss: http://i.imgur.com/YXArob5.png
Kouko sleeping on Banri's shoulder: http://i.imgur.com/hvgPBGe.png

Mar 27, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
-MgZ_ said:
I was laughing hard with that b.s ghost scene. I didn't even understand what happened or why did that happen. Linda was there too for some unknown reason. That was complete bullshit and all I could do was laugh at it.

Imo this series failed with story and animation. Well, I'm not sure about using the word "fail" in the story but the animation sure failed hard. The story didn't deliver. It was disappointing for me.

Felt the same throughout. Source story wasn't that great, but how the director screwed it up even further is beyond me.

That end OST before the Golden Time insert OP song SURE SOUNDS FAMILIAR.

Also Miss Monochrome cameo. Oh you Yui Horie.

4/10 for forced drama and cringeworthy comedy. The ghost Banri business was the worst way to portray memory loss/moving forward theme. VA's were mostly bad, especially Banri. Had some touching moments, but sorry the execution and pacing was just terrible.
TazuMar 27, 2014 4:04 PM
Mar 27, 2014 4:01 PM

Jan 2009
1. It was easy for me to move on past this series without feeling down because I wasn't too attached to banri x koko. I just found the couple quite loud and annoying.

2. Definitely gonna miss linda. She's the ideal girl to have around. She's laidback, easygoing, respectful, fun, caring & not wild, loud or crazy. Just feel a bit down that linda didn't get a lot of show time. #TeamLinda

Overall series rating: 6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 27, 2014 4:03 PM

Nov 2012
Solid 7/10, mostly enjoyable show. I agree with some other posters on this thread, I was actually more intrigued by/liked the other side characters more than Banri and Koko honestly (2DKun, Chinami, Nana [though there is a whole anime/manga for her if this is the same character]). I did like how the show showed the ups and downs of a relationship, and we did see some serious character development in Koko from start to finish of the show.

Edit: Yeah, I am disappointed in the non Linda-Banri ending. Every time Banri and Linda interacted together I felt it was way more natural than him with Koko, especially in the beginning of their relationship they were way to cheezy/forced. After seeing Koko and Banri together in opening songs, it was a little too obvious but I still had a small sliver of hope though. I really didn't like Koko at all when the series started, but her character did change, I think she got over Mistuo and became a more mature person wiling to admit her flaws/mistakes as the series went on.

Yeah, that ending with Linda saying she loved Ghost banri was confusing, but I guess the ultimate message was that she was okay with supporting the new banri's relationship with Koko. So she loved the old Banri, but I guess she gave in to the fact that the new Banri is in love with Koko and at some point made the decision to move on (apparently she does like Mitsuo by that blushing).
midnightbladeMar 27, 2014 4:11 PM
Mar 27, 2014 4:03 PM
Jun 2012
It's a happy, sappy ending, which is good once in a while. Still though, that Banri ghost stuff is really weird, still don't quite understand that.
Mar 27, 2014 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
Umm wtf did I just watch. After all that, back to square one.

She said YES and bounced ok...that whole scene was weird.

Linda said she had to go do something, I honestly thought she was going to reveal she was in love with Nana.
Mar 27, 2014 4:09 PM

Apr 2010
Final Score
Kouko 1
Linda 0

Wth was that mess with both Banris & Linda on the bridge?
Mar 27, 2014 4:12 PM

Aug 2013
antonn said:

Wth was that mess with both Banris & Linda on the bridge?

Yeah that was some serious bullshit they pulled for Linda to "move on" without much conflict.
Mar 27, 2014 4:18 PM

Oct 2011
Feels way too rushed, could've developed how Linda got over Banri, instead of a really fast bridge scene that feels... out of place? Or oddly enough, not appealing... Truth be told, I have a hard time understanding wtf was happening on the bridge, but it's okay because Banri x Koko yeah~
Mar 27, 2014 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh, this episode was what was needed for Golden Time. But at the same time, it was just cringe-worthy to watch. The Kouko x Banri ending was so forced it's not even funny. But Banri x Linda would've been even worse, and since they wanted a happy ending, that's what you gotta do.
Mar 27, 2014 4:23 PM

Jul 2011
Craaaaaap
Mar 27, 2014 4:23 PM

Oct 2011
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH T______________T
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Perfect Ending. T_________T
Mar 27, 2014 4:25 PM

Feb 2011
Was deffinitely not what i expected it to be when i started watching it. Thought it would be Toradora-like , but it turned out to be pretty average for me.

7/10
Mar 27, 2014 4:26 PM

Jan 2014
Well that was a nice episode. I thought they would go the "I'm gonna live and remember you all eventually" rather than the "happy ending" route.

Still not bad. The bridge scene I did not get at all, I did not get if all of those were his thoughts only, the thoughts of Linda and Banri or if IT indeed happened, I really was at a loss there.

Anyway Nijigen-kun proves to be boss once more. Seriously that scene of him typing like a crazy nerd guy, was hilarious as all hell, can somebody make a gif out of that please? And I lol'd at the Koko vs Nijigen before he set her in motion.

Well as far as I know the novels are still ongoing right? Well if so I may be tempted to read it.

10/10 although I'd have preferred if Banri "died" the hero he was last episode.
Mar 27, 2014 4:27 PM

Feb 2013
Golden Time : 9/10

So in conclusion after watching all the episodes .

For me Golden Time was a Great anime i lloved it so much it makes me : laugh sometimes and sad other times , believe that our souvenirs are very important to exist , and lots of other things i dont have enough time to mentioned it ....

Romance 10/10
Comedy 9/10
Story 9/10
Ending 10/10

SASUGA Takemiya Yuyuko I DONT EXPECT LESS FROM YOU ! :)
Mar 27, 2014 4:27 PM

Aug 2010
ockito said:
Well, this gave me cancer sorry.

As soon as ghost banri showed up, this whole anime was ruined. Im pissed.
Mar 27, 2014 4:30 PM

Nov 2013
billng said:
ockito said:

It's Banri in general.
Mar 27, 2014 4:34 PM

Mar 2011
So...who exactly hit him on the bridge? That scumbag cheater from before? Linda? Some random dude? He fall off by himself?

I enjoyed this show throughout even with the many ups and downs it had. Even till the very end I wanted Linda to be with Banri but seeing Koko happy is alright too. I was like "YES....." when she said she loves him but was seriously confused when she jumped onto Ghost Bro and proclaimed her love for everything. What happened there 0.o

Ai Kayano made Linda for me. Linda was a sweetheart.
Mar 27, 2014 4:35 PM

Aug 2013
DGemu said:
billng said:
ockito said:

It's Banri in general.

Yep.
Mar 27, 2014 4:37 PM
Nov 2013
Well it wasn't unexpected that the answer to past Banri's confession was the thing that would have him unable to leave. But still, the bridge scene with 7 year old Banri and so on was kinda strange. Almost feels as if it really wasn't a past Banri thing and rather a different dimension Banri, mostly because the ghost of the past Banri had the ring even though Banri dropped it and clearly saw it drop. Anyways, I'm very happy to see that ending though since I rooted for Koko and Banri to end up together, and it's nice to see Linda moving on as well.
Mar 27, 2014 4:38 PM

May 2012
The ending was just so lacklustre and predictable that I was just bored watching this episode.

First half of the series was good, second half not so much.

Final rating: 7/10.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 27, 2014 4:39 PM

Jan 2012
the show was nice and I enjoyed it but...they could have done more with it
Nana was the best character xD
Mar 27, 2014 4:41 PM

Apr 2013
So Linda did like Banri after all? Cool.

It was a good show and I thought the last episode was a great way to end it.

Biggest problem for me was the episodes in the middle where nothing seemed to happen, but the characters were great so they made up for that.

Final score 7/10
Mar 27, 2014 4:41 PM

Feb 2013
Ouch.
This ending was disappointing. I saw everything coming. And I was for LindaxBanri. So ooouch, just. Why. This ruined the storyline.
One word.
Cliche.
- Koko is a Mary-Sue -
... while the back-up story Banri/Linda was quiet awesome.
And... where is Chinami/Mitsuo... so done.
Why.
WHY...
Mar 27, 2014 4:43 PM

Apr 2013
Episode 21-24 were terrrrrrrrrible.. I'm encline to give it a 6/10 because I cringed non-stop during those 4 episodes. Also, the split-personnality thing was just bad and made me laugh most of the time. Ghost Banri = ruined everything.

good first half, but wow the last arc was bad.

6/10
KneelBeforeMeMar 27, 2014 4:46 PM
Mar 27, 2014 4:50 PM

Apr 2013
I can't believe I actually thought Linda had any chance with him from the beginning. What was the "Yes" scene? Did she actually see the ghost banri? These last episodes just felt awkward as hell and were predictable. I give a 6/10.
Mar 27, 2014 4:54 PM

Apr 2013
Mhm... the part where I hated the most was when he drops his mother's wedding ring and never even bothered to pick it up...
Like... he even noticed it was a ring...

The first half of the series was good... the rest just sucked... the last episode just hit rock bottom...
They might as well have separated the series into another season or something...

~~~ still watching ~~~ (half-way)
WOW!
Talk about rushed...
This series really fell near the end... >.<

Oh well O.o
This series made me appreciate Nagi no Asukara more lol
When watching multiple anime series at once... some series will raise my opinion of other series xD

Meh... anyways
2D-kun is the best support character ever O.o
Well anyways the end of the series was disappointing...
rating somewhere between 6-8 >.<
duderusMar 27, 2014 5:26 PM

Mar 27, 2014 4:54 PM

Sep 2012
It was a great anime, but the end was too rushed.
2D and Nana were the best characters! They should have more screen time, and Oka should have a better ending
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 27, 2014 4:55 PM
Jan 2013
Well... that ended exactly how I thought it would. I guess I can't expect anything else though; a different ending would be even worse. I guess it's the only way the creators can get out of the hole they've dug themselves into. My only gripe is the ending for Nijigen-kun and Chinami. To satisfy myself, I'll just imagine that they ended up together :)

For thoughts overall, I think the premise was quite interesting, and the first season executed the romance and interactions well, but the series started degrading when they introduced the drama with Ghost Banri and convoluted amnesia conditions. To get through those parts requires a LOT of willing suspension of disbelief, which, unfortunately, is something I don't have.

As for characters, I initially liked Koko and Chinami a lot. However, toward the end of the series Koko became somewhat blander in the name of character development, and Chinami just became weirder. Yana was okay. Linda's the girl-next-door type of character. The ones that really stood out to me though were Nijigen-kun and Nana-senpai. Their personalities are so unique and they really care about their friends so much.

Funnily enough, I disliked Banri the most. He's the main character of the series, I know, but he just came off as such a weak person to me. He's a shit decision maker too. He annoyed me so much... But again, I mostly watched the show for the other characters.

Overall, it's not a bad series. It's entertaining enough to have something to look forward to every week, but it would probably not be interesting enough to watch in one go.

6.5/10
ricchan15Mar 27, 2014 4:59 PM
Mar 27, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
Meh. I wasn't expecting a spectacular ending but this is kind of disappointing.
The ride itself makes up for it though I guess
Mar 27, 2014 4:57 PM

Jun 2013
This anime has been up and down for me. Sometimes I couldn't stand it (mainly due to Banri) and was ready to drop it while other times I was actually engrossed in the drama. Most of the time though I was just plain wondering where it was even going.

6/10

2D-kun4lyfe
Mar 27, 2014 5:04 PM

Jun 2012
2D-kun is the best bro Tada Banri could ask for
Mar 27, 2014 5:05 PM
Mar 2014
Loved the episode. I agree on the the ghost banri part but the way Koko and Banri talk gives me feels. Not disappointing but happy in the ending XD Too bad for Team Linda...

EDIT: LOL at 2D-kun haha instant reply rofl... I was wtf how it did reply so fast haha
Mar 27, 2014 5:06 PM
Mar 2013
2D for best male character, maan he's so adorable gosh ; __ ;
I actually ended up liking most of the characters and Mitsuo/Linda was actually my preferred pairing. Well, it wasn't the best but overall the series was pretty decent.
Mar 27, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
This series was fantastic. I have been on an emotional roller coaster with this anime and it was amazing. The ending was the happy ending I so desperately wanted. The only thing that could have put this anime's ending over the top was if they got married.

Great series!!!
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

311 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.