Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 9:34 PM

Nov 2011
That was a Fun Ride

Great Show with lots of Fun and Craziness

8/10
---

Anyone wants a season 2???
Mar 27, 2014 9:36 PM
May 2012
I can finally bring up the score to 10/10. They ended it perfectly.
Mar 27, 2014 9:37 PM
Mar 2014
The show was really entertaining! It was refreshing to see something unique and special although it wasn't perfect, it was extremely enjoyable to watch.
8/10

I really hope there is a season 2!!! If there is i am really hoping that senketsu comes back!

Loved Satsuki's new haircut at the end and Ryuko's final transformation was awesome too!
Mar 27, 2014 9:44 PM

Jan 2009
j0x said:
great finale 9/10 overall

hehe i bumped my score to 10 after thinking how good they pull off a lot of frantic and fast pace story line that i like
Mar 27, 2014 9:44 PM

Jan 2011
That was great. Top 3 anime of the season. Arguably #1. I haven't seen a show that got me all hopped up each week like this in a while. Serious extra bonus points for being an original idea. There are still great stories to tell. This shit was over the top and bizarre but that is what made it so damn enjoyable. The acting was stellar as well.

Thank you Trigger. They brought this anime to life in the best possible way.

9/10 flat out. I wouldn't argue with any 10s.
Mar 27, 2014 9:50 PM

Apr 2013
Based on personal enjoyment, KlK definitely earns a 10/10 even though I know this show isn't perfect and I'm aware of that. But I just got so attached to the characters and the world since episode 1, and it's even better watching and enjoying it with friends.

To those that watched and enjoyed this show less (or much less) than I do, chill out a little.
migohunterMar 27, 2014 10:16 PM
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 27, 2014 9:52 PM
Jan 2014
Srsly if you are gonna compare it to TTGL, it will never ever be good enough.

For the kinda low budget and time Trigger had I will give it a solid 8 but then...
+1 for Gamagori Ganmen
+1 for Satsuki's new haircut

Final score 10/10 looking forward to their next work!
Mar 27, 2014 9:55 PM

Oct 2011
An overall decent ending for an overall enjoyable series,neither of which was perfect.
R.I.P. Senketsu & Satsuki's haircut <3

It was an enjoyable series that had it's pros & cons & is certainly memorable.It did things out of the norm,had a crazy cast,always at a fast pace with a vivid presentation & the soundtrack by Hiroyuki Sawano himself.It certainly didn't "save" anime like the fanboys proudly proclaim (you have to ask if anime needs "saving" in the 1st place & that would vary based on what type of anime you're into) & it's nowhere near a masterpiece,not to me & not objectively.And it's not even close to Gurren Lagann for me.

In the end,it was a good start for Trigger & a fun ride.Is there going to be a 2nd season?I don't know,the ending was almost a complete one except for what Ragyo said..If there is a 2nd season,I'll watch it for sure.I just hope they would try to do things a little better.

Later Kill La Kill,it's been a good ride!!
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Mar 27, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2013
Well, the ride is finally over. While I thought it was overrated in the beginning, I quickly changed my side on it once Satsuki-sama turned against Ragyou. After that, I've been loving this whole series.
Anyway, I don't have much to say, nearly every episode was filled with hype and excitement, and this episode was no different. I wonder what happened to Nui though, did she die once she became Ragyou's clothes, or did she die when she was absorbed by Senketsu? It might be a mystery, but I don't want to ever see her again. It was extremely sad to see Senketsu die like that after all that time spend with him throughout the series.
Also, Satsuki-sama with short hair and a summer dress is cute as fuck. I nearly died.
I'm giving it a 9/10 because I found it extremely fun with a great cast, OST and whatnot, but it did have it's plot holes here and there, and it probably deserves a lower score. Kill la Kill was never gonna "save anime", but it was still one hell of a ride.
Mar 27, 2014 9:57 PM
Nov 2009
I don't know when's the next time I'll get t say this so I'll just let it out now: Thank you for saving anime, Based Trigger ;_;

8/10 is my overall score for the show. Really silly at some point but following it was incredibly amounts of fun. Satsuki with short hair is love.

Aug 2012
9/10 Kill La Kill definitely lived up to the hype for me. There was never a dull moment, it was great from episode one and followed through to the end. It might not have taken Gurren Laggan's seat on top but I'll remember it as its tenacious little sister, good job Trigger.
Stitches327Mar 27, 2014 10:12 PM

Sep 2013
Wow what I expected to happen bittersweet but overall 10/10 for me I enjoyed the ride. I was really never shipping anything. Plus not sure If you take Mako seriously lol. Ragyo got rid of herself what. Happy ending with giant group hug. The end with the girls was nice. Satsuki with short hair hnnnnngggggg. Ryouko looking up like how the original ending was perfect.
Mar 27, 2014 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
holy f*ck she went super saiyan. AWESOME
Mar 27, 2014 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
One of the most greatest anime of the fall season, just the battles were pretty intense. Senketsu caught me off guard when he pierced Ragyo’s body. But damn it wasn’t over yet.

F***, Senketsu Fashion Week… It all ended with Ragyo ended her life. I got the feels when Senketsu sacrifice himself T-T. Wow the ending credits, Satsuki with short hair :D. 9/10

The only thing bad about it is probably a slow start in the 1st half and pretty repetitive fighting. Though the 2nd half just made things more hyped up than usual. Congratulations Trigger on your first anime project.

Mar 27, 2014 10:01 PM

Feb 2012
Thanks Trigger, you now how to put on a show. I'll watch your light novel adaptation.

The epilogue... after all the fighting was over, it was weird to watch them act like normal girls lol. Senketsu's final moment was surprisingly touching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2014 10:02 PM

Jul 2013
Beautiful ending! I shivered when Ryuuko screamed, RIP Senketsu, you fought hard! What an awesome teamwork in this episode! I had a scare when Gamagori passed out. And an awesome sisterly love!
I loved the ending credits, Satsuki with the new short hair look!

I'm gonna miss Kill la Kill very much! Hell of a ride, hell of a ride with an epic OST!!!
Nuuuuudisto Beeaaaach
PhinalPhlashMar 29, 2014 10:48 PM
Mar 27, 2014 10:06 PM

Jan 2014
Satsuki's haircut is fab!
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Mar 27, 2014 10:08 PM

Mar 2012
Got 3 words for everyone:

Live and Learn

;)
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Mar 27, 2014 10:09 PM

Nov 2009
Now that this is done onto Little Witch Academia 2 Trigger.
Mar 27, 2014 10:10 PM

Oct 2013
Awesome conclusion, was a little worried after ep 23 but pulled it off nicely. Ryuuko went Super Saiyan xD
Overall 8/10, had some issues throughout but still high energy and got me pumped
Mar 27, 2014 10:12 PM

Mar 2014
ReiTakanashi said:
it was rushed T_T
nui's dead was rushed and so much things wasn't explained
hououmaru ????
life fiber bullet ???
but seriously it was a good episode *_*
That's why it works nicely.

Remember TTGL how so much shit wasn't explained? People like to understand the situation, but at the same time they also don't want it to be so slow paced that it'll take up an entire season to do it.

Kill la Kill's good because it's fast-paced. There's no need for it to explain itself, just go with the flow, and watch every episode like it's the last.

There's a reason why I hate long animes. And a reason why I liked the directors of both Kill la Kill and TTGL. 'Cause it's fucken' fast and awesome.
-
Anyways, t'was a fun ride till the end. Gonna miss this show. Prolly gonna rewatch it sometime in the future, and I hope to see more from Hiroyuki Imaishi and Kazuki Nakashima. As well as the awesome composer Hiroyuki Sawano.

Mar 27, 2014 10:13 PM

Oct 2011
JusticeSoulTuna said:
Got 3 words for everyone:

Live and Learn

;)

I know,right?
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Mar 27, 2014 10:16 PM

Jan 2013
Shuhan said:
Anime was saved.
Fix'd.

Dat haircut tho.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 27, 2014 10:17 PM
Mar 2014
EnigemCenia said:
ReiTakanashi said:
it was rushed T_T
nui's dead was rushed and so much things wasn't explained
hououmaru ????
life fiber bullet ???
but seriously it was a good episode *_*
That's why it works nicely.

Remember TTGL how so much shit wasn't explained? People like to understand the situation, but at the same time they also don't want it to be so slow paced that it'll take up an entire season to do it.

Kill la Kill's good because it's fast-paced. There's no need for it to explain itself, just go with the flow, and watch every episode like it's the last.

There's a reason why I hate long animes. And a reason why I liked the directors of both Kill la Kill and TTGL. 'Cause it's fucken' fast and awesome.
-
Anyways, t'was a fun ride till the end. Gonna miss this show. Prolly gonna rewatch it sometime in the future, and I hope to see more from Hiroyuki Imaishi and Kazuki Nakashima. As well as the awesome composer Hiroyuki Sawano.

I completely agree! One of the most refreshing things about this show is how fast paced it is and how it really doesnt have half a season of filler episodes. Almost every episode is exciting to watch and action-packed.
Mar 27, 2014 10:20 PM

Apr 2012
someone needs to draw a picture of satsuki with short hair e_e
i want to set it as my profile pic :D

Mar 27, 2014 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuuko and Senketsu merged with everyone's uniforms were awesome.

Senketsu lost his life.
Mar 27, 2014 10:23 PM

Jun 2013
For sure, one of the best animes I've ever watched.
RIP Senketsu </3
10/10
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Mar 27, 2014 10:28 PM

Sep 2012
I had some niggles with the first half of the series but the second part redeemed it and the last episode...man. 10/10, no doubt.
Mar 27, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
i for one REALLY enjoyed this anime
strong female protags and an intense plot with adoring characters and a batshit crazy wonderful villain
everything i need to be satisfied.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2014 10:33 PM

Dec 2013
Sucks that such an amazing anime had to end. Awesome ending though it did feel a tiny bit rushed. I liked how it didn't feel like an asspull. Also RIP Senketsu! You were the greatest piece of clothing in anime histroy! I give this series 10 out of 10! and this episode a 5/5! This series truly did save anime!
Mar 27, 2014 10:34 PM

Feb 2012
Senketsu fashion week huh? Sorry Ryuko, you'll pale in comparison when Jojo starts airing next week.
Mar 27, 2014 10:35 PM
Apr 2011
SENKETSU FASHION WEEK SAVED ANIME.

BASED TRIGGER > EVERYONE
Mar 27, 2014 10:40 PM

Dec 2013
INSANELY FUN/ENTERTAINING WATCH
LOVED THE THROW BACK ART STYLE
CHARACTER DESIGN/ UNIFORM DESIGN WAS AWESOME
NUI BEST LOLI VILLAIN, RAGYO BEST MOTHER AWARD
OST WAS EPIC
SATISFYING CONCLUSION
PLOT WAS OKAY, BUT ALL OF THE ABOVE COMPENSATED FOR IT

SATSUKI DAT HAIRCUT THO

9/10

#CAPSARECOOL #YOLOSWEG #KLKSAVESANIME #BASEDTRIGGER
FishTacoMar 27, 2014 10:44 PM
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Mar 27, 2014 10:44 PM

Feb 2012
Bring Back Satsuki's old hairstyle!!!!!! Why do you have to cut your hair? D: Satsuki looks more gorgeous with her long hair on.
Mar 27, 2014 10:44 PM

Aug 2008
Nooooo!! Senketsu ! This qualifies as a bittersweet ending to me.

I gotta say, on that scene were they caught the falling Ryuuko... that pile up of nude people... Kinda smells like an orgy to me ha! Even for the show's standard it was surreal (yeah, nevermind the physics of space and the people not burning up on re-entry but meh, it was still cool lol).

Great watch.
Mar 27, 2014 10:47 PM

Apr 2012
This anime was good. At first a little confusing but it got from episode to episode better and had an ending which satisfy me ^^
Mar 27, 2014 10:47 PM

Nov 2012
Senketsuuuuuu ;____;
This anime, oh god this was so epic... I'm gonna miss it..!
Mar 27, 2014 10:51 PM

Dec 2010
This was a fantastic ending to a fantastic show! Everyone ended up happy, with the exception of Senketsu, and I guess Ragyo and Nui, but they were the villains, what can you expect?

I did think that Gamagoori died, and that freaked me out, since he's one of my favorite characters, but he got to come back and help in a big way, so I definitely approve.

It was nice to see Mako, Ryuko, and Satsuki hanging out together happily, and being normal teenaged girls in a regular city. Plus, Satsuki looks better with short hair. I also didn't fail to notice Gamagoori holding flowers for Mako, never forget!

All in all, I love it. I love it too much. I don't know what it means by "saving anime" but whatever it means, Trigger did it. I'm torn between giving this a 9 or a 10...9 seems too low, and 10 seems too high...it's a 9.5/10 so I'll round up to a 10.

I never expected to like this show as much as I did. But, its probably one of my favorites now!
Mar 27, 2014 10:53 PM

Dec 2012
Mixed feelings about this conclusion. It had plenty of epic moments but felt like it was rushed through. They probably should have used that 25th episode after all.

I have to admit my impression of this series has come a long way since the first episode. What I almost dismissed as ugly try hard fan-service worthy of a 3/10 has turned into a fun and hella crazy ride that was able to continue redeeming itself to the end. Although honestly I thought the middle part of KLK was the strongest. I'm sure there's some deeper meaning behind the nudity and the role of clothing, but I'll leave it be for the time being.

7/10, glad I opened my mind to it more but can't say it did anything for me beyond a good job.
Mar 27, 2014 10:54 PM

Mar 2012
What a completely fun ride. Trigger saved anime, y'all.
Mar 27, 2014 10:56 PM

Nov 2013
Rushed episode with a forced death. Ryuko's 'incomprehensible humans are humans and clothing is clothing' speech was just plain dumb. Unnecessary silliness plagues the final episode and Ragyo still wasn't fleshed out of a villain at all. So senketsu is invulnerable to damn near everything...but Earth's atmosphere..

2/5 episode

5/10 anime.

Saving anime?

The only thing this anime saved was boners from becoming flaccid. The main characters were boring, Ryuko was 'incomprehensible' (what did she hope to accomplish after finding her father's killer again), Mako...just needs to be shot, stabbed, and thrown into a river, Satsuki was interesting and became my favorite character when her uprising happened...but she was tossed aside as a support character, the four devas? Sanageyama's rivalry with Ryuko? What about Mikisugi and Tsumugu? Jobbed again? Tch, screw that we have ACTION AND TITS.

Forced yuri fanservice that made no damn sense whatsoever. Half Baked as hell villain; Ragyo was underdeveloped as a character, her plans had little motivation. COVERS were a joke because they were easily rectifiable. What was the point of going to force Satsuki to wear Shinra Kotetsu? Why did Ragyo wear Junketsu a few episodes back? There were too many plot elements that went nowhere.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Mar 27, 2014 11:03 PM

Apr 2011
A great ending to an amazing show. Don't loose your way TRIGGER! I'm really happy this show turned out the way it did, but im also really sad. No more kill la kill will be hard to accept come next Thursday. I have not had this much fun since watching TTGL. Don't Lose Your Way!!!!! Kill La Kill - 10/10
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Mar 27, 2014 11:04 PM

Sep 2008
GODDD it ended, *sadface*
it was an ...amazingly good anime , now that i think about it, pretty crazy..not to mention that at the end humans in all the pplanet were all naked.....sure why not, gess they didint had time to know what shame is when the world is ending ¬¬

that nee-san! so good, tha date, so cute

senketsu...oh my i'm actually sad for a piece of talking clothes..hell i shed a tear for him(it?)

"sailorfukus are something meant to leave when graduating" god, that phrase
now that i'm loosing it i'm realizing just how much i'm gonna miss this anime, this stupidly cool anime, 1 give it a 9/10 , (actually its more like a 8.7 but let's round it up cause i enjoyed it so much)

....wonder if there will be uncensored something in the BD's....
ty kill la kill

....and why was it kalled kill la kill in the first place? now that i think about it ...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 27, 2014 11:11 PM

Sep 2010
senketsuuuuuuu

no, I didn't cry like a bitch over clothing shut up

ryuko became super sonic what an ending
Mar 27, 2014 11:18 PM
Jan 2014
Zero_r2 said:
GODDD it ended, *sadface*
it was an ...amazingly good anime , now that i think about it, pretty crazy..not to mention that at the end humans in all the pplanet were all naked.....sure why not, gess they didint had time to know what shame is when the world is ending ¬¬

that nee-san! so good, tha date, so cute

senketsu...oh my i'm actually sad for a piece of talking clothes..hell i shed a tear for him(it?)

"sailorfukus are something meant to leave when graduating" god, that phrase
now that i'm loosing it i'm realizing just how much i'm gonna miss this anime, this stupidly cool anime, 1 give it a 9/10 , (actually its more like a 8.7 but let's round it up cause i enjoyed it so much)

....wonder if there will be uncensored something in the BD's....
ty kill la kill

....and why was it kalled kill la kill in the first place? now that i think about it ...

Like someone mentionned earlier, the wikipedia article says :

According to director Hiroyuki Imaishi, much of the plot is based on the observation that the Japanese pronunciation of the words "fashion" (ファッション fasshon?) and "fascism" (ファッショ fassho?) is the same, as is that of "school uniform" (制服 seifuku?) and "conquest" (征服 seifuku?), and that the titular kiru may mean "kill" (キル?), "to cut" (切る?), or "to wear" (着る?).[1]

Also check this article (that's what the Wiki article uses as a source):
http://art-eater.com/2013/11/kill-la-kill-the-fashion-of-fascism/
elros75Mar 28, 2014 1:31 AM
Mar 27, 2014 11:20 PM
Feb 2013
weeeeeeeee that was awesome. thank you trigger for giving me what I needed. Though I do feel it would have been a lot better with the last battle paced properly. 7/10 :)
Mar 27, 2014 11:24 PM

Feb 2013
Great series. Hope there's a little OVA of the aftermath like what happens with everyone or maybe that date.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Mar 27, 2014 11:25 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like the ending was pretty lack luster. I think I was expecting too much :(
Mar 27, 2014 11:28 PM

Dec 2012
Ugh, I haven't been struck with the anime void in a while..

Such a hype show 9/10
Mar 27, 2014 11:30 PM
Apr 2013
It was...a satisfying ending (Senketsu and Ryuuko's goodbye, Satsuki losing it trying to catch Ryuuko, that small moment Ryuuko had with the mother she never knew).

The writer knows what the fans want and gives it to them. This is both good (one or two emotionally rewarding moments) and bad (predictability).

There were a lot of holes in the plot, things brought up and then cast aside without another thought, inconsistencies in characterization and other things that detracted from my overall enjoyment of the show. That is to say, I enjoyed watching the show when it finally got started but not enough to ignore these things.

And this show had potential, God it did. The first opening minutes of episode 1 showed that. It never lived up to that potential but was not without its good moments.

An okay show. Overrated but not in the Shingeki no Kyojin/Sword Art Online leagues of overrated.

Kudos to TRIGGER for their amazing work presentation-wise.

Nakashima (the writer) ... go take some writing classes.

Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

877 by ardakishere »»
Yesterday, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

278 by Nublager »»
Apr 8, 2:00 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

391 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 7, 8:38 AM

» What you think of Trigger? Is a popular studio in the west?

Matthappy - Mar 18

34 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 4, 10:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.