Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Apr 25, 2014 4:33 AM

Mar 2013
A good ending but the kiss come on KyoAni don`t be shy on showing it to us 9/10 for me...
Apr 27, 2014 6:48 AM
Mar 2012
actually.. there was a kiss... between isshiki and chihiro XD

anyone got a gif of rikka with the hair dryer? XD
Apr 27, 2014 11:43 AM
May 2012
Watched this on with the thought that this would be better than S1, but it looks like nothing has changed. Not much development was squeezed out of every character besides Yuuta and Rikka. As for the story, still the same old rom-com with the 8th grade syndrome concept I don't like one bit. In terms of overall impression, S1 was better for me than this one.

6/10
Apr 28, 2014 12:49 AM

May 2010
It was.... Horrendous. The worst sequel I've seen in a while. Comedy wasn't funny, drama was terribly weak, everything was just boring.

And they don't even kiss in the end?? You know what. Fuck you KyoAni. Such a huge disappointment.

Rikka was acting like a 4 years old, Yuuta like... well, definitely not like a normal guy in a relationship. They are together for more than a year and a hug is a success?? What the hell... I'm just tired, that's too retarded even for anime. 6/10
May 1, 2014 9:00 PM

Jun 2008
Very disappointing season.
May 13, 2014 9:41 PM

Feb 2014
This season would have been MUCH better if they would have kissed and it be over... But they ended it like that...I don't know if I want a season 3. If there is they better fucking kiss or ill go and slap the person who made this anime. HOWEVER if this is the last season I may be a bit pissed right now but I won't even remember this anime in a week. By then I would have already finished a few other animes.
May 22, 2014 7:44 PM

Mar 2013
I thought Season 1 was great, and one of the best Rom-Coms i had seen, which earned it a 10/10.

Seeing Ren's low score I was cautious, and expected things to sour, since usually a sequel will have a higher score, if only due to largely retaining fans of the the original season. When the opposite happens, and by a significant margin (.6 drop), you can be certain there are major flaws in tow. Ren on that account does not fail..

Isshiki was hilarious in this episode, and was one of the best things about season 1. Doing away with him this season was one of the problems. Shichimiya may have been an interesting character, but the show didn't need a half assed love triangle. It could have taken that route season 1 with Nibutani, but didn't, so its a bit weak to introduce the element in season 2. This is partially a flaw in the source content.

I don't care that there is no kiss. I DO CARE that they didn't follow the LN that DID have a kiss (so I've read). THAT is inexcusable. The anime is not good enough that they can take liberties like this and omit central things from the LN, since we are left with a false narrative and bullshit drama that doesn't even exist. The fault lies solely with KYOANI. Their no kiss policy effectively crippled the shows legitimacy, and strayed from the LN. Sickening.

Nonetheless i will settle on an 8/10. While greatly flawed, there is still a ghost of the appeal that was prevalent in the first season, and the entertainment level is decent mostly. Still disappointing.

I hear that there is a 3rd novel coming out, presumably to keep milking things. I won't lose sleep though if there isn't a 3rd season. I will however likely watch it if there is one a few years from now.
May 24, 2014 11:03 PM

Jul 2010
tfw no kiss.
KyoAni I fucking hate you.

Anyway 7/10. Enjoyable nonetheless, but it sure felt inferior to the first season to me, perhaps the same jokes everytime get annoying after being used maaaany times. I will watch a 3rd season if it will ever come out, after all I'm such a weaker for these kind of rom-coms, and KyoAni makes it good. (if only there was kiss you damn dummies)
May 29, 2014 4:56 AM

Apr 2011
Things might have been better if Yuuta ended up with Nibutani instead.
May 30, 2014 4:31 PM
Jun 2013
The way everyone was badmouthing the ending, I kept expecting some crazy twist as I watched the last episode. I thought they were going to break up or Rikka was going to get dragged to Italy with her sister or something. I personally liked the ending. It felt very appropriate given the characters we're dealing with.
May 30, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty weak. Touka wasn't in it enough to carry it this time around.
Jun 2, 2014 9:53 PM

Jul 2013
xDanielWang said:
Pretty weak. Touka wasn't in it enough to carry it this time around.
haha I feel the same

was hoping a kiss at the end would save show for the lack of Touka or more importantly for the lack of plot. It was pretty boring all throughout and the one thing that kept me watching until the end.. didn't freaking happen. x.x talk about a slow paced romance..

6/10
Jun 7, 2014 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not really bothered by a lack of kissing, but how it was interrupted by a cliche that has not only been done to death in anime, but was already used earlier in this same season. I like how Yuuta and Rikka value the time they spend with each other and don't centralize their relationship on how far they go physically, but that just made the entire season pointless since this was already established at the beginning.

Shichimiya's drama was equally pointless. I actually liked her and wasn't against the love triangle, but really she just had 2 episodes of conflict and then back to the same old as if nothing really happened. She had so much more potential as a character, especially being a part of Yuuta's past and being the catalyst for his chuunibyou.

I guess my suspicions that this season was just going to be a quick cash cow with no substance were correct. Season 1 actually provided a heartfelt, thought provoking message about the necessity of chuunibyou in the character's lives where as this was just to please the "omg how cute <3333" fans.

But it wasn't all bad, I got plenty of laughs along the way and even preferred the filler-esque side stories such as the fake Mori Summer, the Nap competition, and the episode where Nibutani runs for student council. That moment with Isshiki and Chihiro was hilarious too albeit I wish he had more screen time this season.

6/10, going to stop here regardless of any sequels. I would have to be more delusional than this entire cast to want to sit through another 12 episodes of that.
Jul 4, 2014 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
I knew the finale would be like that, as i expected from KyoAni. We demand a Kiss oh come on ! dat phone call doe *sighs*, well it's ok if they want to take it slowly but sure better hope that Satone doesn't change her mind to snatch Yuuta from Rikka, great season i like the lovetriangle part in this season it brings Chuunibyou to another level but i kinda feel bad for Satone i was hopping that KyoAni will make a different version which Yuuta ends up with Satone, just like the another version of Clannad

Overall score 9/10, wouldn't mind for the 3rd season.
Jul 6, 2014 11:01 AM

Oct 2012
Talk about forced and unclimatic - they pretty much destroyed purpose of this whole second season with those last two eps. Why, KyoAni, why? All it was just mere fanservice and money milking. My remainging trust in KyoAni is over by now.

And it seems like they want to do third season of this, I am disgusted. Do not count me watching any of your future crap anytime soon, KyoAni!

5/10 and only because of some of those previous eps involving Shichimiya and Mori-summer weren't as bad as this and I am still generous.
Jul 8, 2014 9:38 PM

Oct 2013
I'm actually disappointed, they had a good and criative material to make a really good anime but it was simply mediocre. I like how Yuuta and Rikka value their time together more than physical contact but for God's sake, they've been dating for one year and Rikka was crying when they tried to kiss? Really??? What about character development? I wish that she had given up her powers and grown up with him. That would have been a better endind IMO.

First season my favorite was Nibutani and this one I was shiping Yuuta x Shichimiya. I knew it would never happen, but Rikka was too childish and she got on nerves all the time this season. At least I had some laughs to make it worth.
Jul 10, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2012
For the first time in my stay here in MAL, I was appalled to see such a series degrade to Status Quo is God: The Anime in quite obvious strokes. Sure the gestures are becoming more intimate than ever, but their relationship with regards to chuunibyo hasn't even changed a bit. Even Nibutani has more backbone than Yuuta as the show progresses.

vampko said:

Isshiki really changed a lot xD

I'm definitely up for more!

//Facepalms...Apparently, only his skin color and degradation to less than a supporting character has changed. And boy, he's got more potential than that as a friend to Yuuta, and even here he's just being downgraded to an acquaintance who everyone knew almost nothing about. Heck, I could've imagined him being like Sunohara (Clannad) who can give advice when you needed it the most, but then...nothing happened.

I usually turn a blind eye to obvious flaws because of the nice flow of the story, but this sequel is really full of cringe-worthy flaws that could've turned out for the better if handled properly.

6/10

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jul 10, 2014 12:26 PM

Sep 2013
For the first time ever i raged watching anime when the phone rang i stood up , threw my head phones in the hair and started punching the wall while screaming : " F*CK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
Im so sad they didnt kiss it feels like this anime had no purpose at all :( i liked the first season but second season ruined it

Also isshiki basicly got shat on by the producers he was my 2nd favorite character and it pissed me off to see him like that >:(
Jul 11, 2014 10:53 PM

Jun 2014
And so it ends.
Jul 15, 2014 4:10 AM

Apr 2009
Real life interfering with my anime watching had me put on hold the last episode of this anime's second season...anyway to get over with it now.

Chihiro?... well, we wish Ishiki all the happiness in the world. LOL An entire episode just for a kiss that didn't happen anyway? Why does everything have to be damn complicated? Still I guess that's one giant leap to the ones who are wholeheartedly lost in their delusions by taking it slow. >_<

6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 18, 2014 11:44 AM

Apr 2012
Isshiki finally found love lolololololololol
Jul 23, 2014 2:23 AM

Dec 2009
Both series I have watched in the past two days have had endings like this, what's up with that?
Jul 23, 2014 4:59 AM

Jan 2012
90% snorefest

son i am disappoint...

though it's kind of funny how comedy slice of life like this one is not rated 10/10 like other shitty SOL anime that kept coming out.. They both do the same random stupid shit in school but this one actually have a unique twist to it with a hint of romance.

I guess if we remove all the male characters and make them all more retarded with shitty jokes, then we'll get 10/10.
flaxman85Jul 23, 2014 5:05 AM
Jul 26, 2014 11:00 AM

Mar 2014
tomi02 said:
For the first time ever i raged watching anime when the phone rang i stood up , threw my head phones in the hair and started punching the wall while screaming : " F*CK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
Im so sad they didnt kiss it feels like this anime had no purpose at all :( i liked the first season but second season ruined it

Also isshiki basicly got shat on by the producers he was my 2nd favorite character and it pissed me off to see him like that >:(

Pretty much my reaction too. xD
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 31, 2014 2:53 AM

Jun 2013
So Rikka takes the boyfriend of Shichimiya and she's not even capable of kiss him ? She's really unbearable.
Too much Chuunibyou's speaking, each time useless. A lot of fillers but the character development is failed.
Shichimiya could be a good character who could made an interesting story, but she has only two or three episode...
Nibutani is the only one with a little development : she finally accepts to use to be Marry Summer, but it's also very quick (one episode).

I have heard they kiss during the second volume of the Light Novel. The studio takes liberty to change the scenario like this ?! It's ok for the little changes like who is the class representative but not for something so important...
Aug 14, 2014 7:50 PM

May 2014
Damn, man. That was a let down of a final episode, I must say. I appreciate the moral implications of them going at their own pace, but still. Loved the first season, second season wasn't too bad. Got a lot of entertainment out of it. But yeesh, that last episode is just a huge mood killer!

7/10. Really enjoyed it, but could have ended better.
Aug 26, 2014 12:39 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Lol, I think the ending was perfectly fine. The whole second season was highly unnecessary, though.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Sep 7, 2014 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
Theorder14 said:
So they kissed twice in the light novels but 0 in the anime >.>

Goddammit kyoani

Really? Then why didn't they in the anime?! D:<
That scene could have been so perfect and beautiful if they would have just kissed, instead of turning into a sub-par 'comedy' moment with the damn kittens.

That said, for the most part, this was a very enjoyable episode. I literally lmao'd at the scene with Isshiki and that man Chihiro, oh my gosh Yuuta's reaction was priceless XD

Wonderful anime overall, even though this ending was kinda lackluster. I don't see why a lot of people didn't like this season.

8/10 from me.
removed-userSep 7, 2014 4:06 PM
Sep 18, 2014 9:21 AM

Aug 2014
"Do it! I practically raised you two!"
Lol Nibutani xD :D I usually hate the meddler type, but I really like her. Would be fun to have those lot as friends.

Nibutani is my favorite character so far, can't say I like Yuta and Rikka. I hope those 2 would just be friends.

Need more Isshiki, seriously. This season lacks boys.

Poor Shichimiya though, but I'm sure Shichimiya would make a better couple.

Need more Kuzuha :(

Overall, I really like this season, although not as much as the previous. I enjoyed the first 7/8 episodes, but I kinda hate the climax. Rikka really irritates me, I'm fine with her as Yuta's friend, but when she became his girlfriend, she's like a kid who wants to be in a mature relationship.

And when did Chimera make love? x.x
Oct 27, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
hmmm...It was nice... I guess..
But almost no progress to enjoy...
7/10
Nov 26, 2014 1:06 PM

Jun 2012
Love the characters and I adored the first season but this was a terrible ending. And literally nothing happened throughout the 2nd season.
Nov 29, 2014 4:28 AM

Jan 2013
Well, they not kissing on the lips reflects their relationship, or rather, the way they are.
Filler or not, I liked this season, it touched some important points, even if not all of them were done perfectly, but it was good.
Nov 29, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2009
I was waiting for the kiss, really was, but it's ok, they really are progressing!

8/10
Dec 18, 2014 5:44 AM

Jul 2014
I agree that it wasn't as good as the first season but nonetheless it was still pretty good.
Dec 19, 2014 1:59 AM
Sep 2014
Season it self was good, not good as season 1 but it was good. I dont like that they trough 2 seasons didnt progress almost nothing.

Did they announced season 3 or something? or will it end like this?
Dec 19, 2014 2:30 AM

Aug 2014
season 3!? Does it have any material left for another season
Dec 21, 2014 3:53 AM
Sep 2014
I dont know, didnt read novel but it ended retarded so i guess there might be new season one day.
Dec 29, 2014 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
Shameless garbage. KyoAni has such a good animation department but it's being wasted on this shit. While my 4/10s are mainly from anime that were shit simply because the studio is shit, it really speaks something when there's a shitty anime from a good studio.

3/10

KyoAni is such a fucking disappointment. I hope the studio gets reduced to rubble in another Japanese earthquake.
Dec 30, 2014 7:49 AM

Mar 2013
Not as good as season 1 but it isn't awful.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Dec 31, 2014 9:30 PM
Jul 2011
Watching this series and Ore Twintail Ni Narimasu series, hearing the CVs makes me think that Sanae's and Shinka's roles are completely reversed.
And Rikka's CV is also a obvious reference.
Jan 3, 2015 6:01 AM

May 2013
Superior Contract? Nibutani and Dekomori are pretty perverted in my opinion.
Although I would totally ship Isshiki and Chihiro. (^_^)

Dat encouraging nose touch.
Aaaaand we have no kiss because of cockblocking Chimera. *sigh*
So many cockblocks in this anime. Oh well.
Let's go, Satone!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 13, 2015 5:51 AM

Jan 2014
"And it's a deep fly ball to center field!!!!! That ball is going, going, GOING, andd...... robbed at the fence!!!"
Jan 14, 2015 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
meh

rip in peace isshiki

rikka always adorable when embarassed

still pains my heart to see shichimiya, dat nosetouch ;_;

My opinions below
Jan 15, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
07/00 season 3 maybe
Mar 11, 2015 11:37 PM

Jul 2013
9/10 Almost as good as the first season. Not jumping on the stupid hate train. Die hivemind!
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Apr 11, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2012
i got to long out of the anime world :O

the art of this anime was good as we could see in the action scenes which did occur a bit less then in s1 but still the art was pretty amazing to me.

sound and voices where also okay to me there is not much to complain there.

characters where lovely i personally like Shichimiya a lot but at same time i also hated her at times for not being real to her self and she gave up her love and acted like there was nothing there to begin with but on the other hand that made it kind of different from other anime.

now the anime it self i personally enjoyed it a lot it is a good comedy, a cute love and even action anime now there are a lot of anime like that out there but i think this one was a bit different then the most of them and more special then this standard anime it stayed original to me.

i was hoping for the kiss on the other hand it wasn't really needed they where progressing there love in there own cute way i mean hey love isn't only about sexual things and they showed that off here. it also said at the end all lived happily after so i guess we got to use our own imagination on how life go on for them.(people who are feeling sad about Shichimiya and can't see how she lives happy now think it like this first love is not always only love she would get a nice bf or gf eventually and life goes on if still not satisfied imagine her stealing him from Rikka lol)

was i the only one who was thinking Shichimiya would run off and a lot of drama would come this last episode cause of ending off episode 11? ( honestly its a good thing this standard crap didn't happen but was wondering if others thought so to)

over all i rate it 9/10 i was considering a 8 but if i think about it back and see all the points i said earlier in this reaction it really deserves a 9 to me.
RobertovkApr 11, 2015 11:50 AM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Apr 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Jan 2015
Good season, did prefer first season though. Got laughs and did enjoy the romance between Yuuta and Rikka. Although I do think that Satone should have been developed a little more.

That phone interruption made me yell. Knew something was gonna interrupt it, but know they have smaller chimeras.
Apr 19, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
That Dekomori and Nibutani reaction tho. One of the best episode in the whole season, but that doesn't change the fact that they did not kiss after like 20 eps of developement. Sure, take it slow, don't rush, but this way we won't even see them kissing.. *sigh*
-1 point for some filler-like eps and -1 for the omitted kissing action, so 8 out of 10.
Overall, the amount of cuteness chuuninbyou had made me really mishy mushy in a good way :D
May 2, 2015 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
I was like: KISS. JUST SIMPLY KISS NOW. -the phone rang- ....
I agree that was one of the best episodes in this season but holy crap... I was hoping for a kiss to happen since they started dating. ;_;
May 27, 2015 11:44 PM

Jul 2008
Well that was a pointless season.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

294 by Devonnius »»
Feb 28, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2014

264 by FarCritical »»
Feb 28, 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.