Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 26, 2014 1:52 AM

Aug 2011
Nice chap. Kishi did a good work, after badass Guy chapters, to make "talking chapter" interesting. First part of chapter was quite hilarious, for moments like those I regret, that I can't read japanese, since I am sure a lot was lost in translation. Hagoromo's backstory was interesting, and it slightly differs from what we've known so far. Well, history is written by winners, so what we knew about Rikudo Sennin wasn't necessary true (It was even hinted by himself as he stated that he founded ninshuu not ninjutsu).
Only thing I am puzzeled is Indra's eyes, because it should've been spirals:
http://i.imgur.com/C7sPprN.jpg
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120623022041/naruto/images/thumb/d/dc/Uchiha_Ancestor_Anime.jpg/300px-Uchiha_Ancestor_Anime.jpg
Maybe drawing mistake, who knows...
Since the war started ( man, looking back it's already 3 years :O ) I didn't enjoy this manga (with some exeptions) as I did back in past stages. But from the fight with Jubito and especialy Madara reviving, I enjoy every chapter.
Mar 26, 2014 1:54 AM

Jul 2013
Aequalitas said:
Did anybody else notice that Kagura Ootsotsuki might be the oni from the Shiki Fujin jutsu? They have a similiar appearance and the people even called her a demon back then. This is just a theory I caught on the first glimpse so don't roast me because of that. :P

Interesting theory
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Mar 26, 2014 2:30 AM
Oct 2013
I love Naruto, am so glad that he is his self again
this chapter was something a... yeah was kinda interesting but seriously i had a wtf look on my face the whole time
Mar 26, 2014 2:36 AM
Dec 2013
GEEZ That was crazy
2 sages
the younger re incarnated into Naruto and the older into Sasuke?
so it makes sense when the sage said the war kept going on because before Sasuke & Naruto, the re-incarnated ones for the brothers was Hashirama & Madara.

Love Naruto so much , calls the SO6P a alien and idiot, everyone else would either shit themselves or worship him

5/5
Mar 26, 2014 2:38 AM

Aug 2011
Meh, good chapter overall.
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Mar 26, 2014 2:39 AM

Aug 2011
Aequalitas said:
Did anybody else notice that Kagura Ootsotsuki might be the oni from the Shiki Fujin jutsu? They have a similiar appearance and the people even called her a demon back then. This is just a theory I caught on the first glimpse so don't roast me because of that. :P

Damn nice theory!
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Mar 26, 2014 2:45 AM
Oct 2012
Aequalitas said:

I like it, there were many masks at that temple so she could very well be one of them!
Mar 26, 2014 2:50 AM

Apr 2012
luizfelps said:
I disagree, I think is more likely that Madara is the reincarnation, because as the Hermit said: his elder son thought that everything comes from power, or in his case the stronger. And Sasuke don't think like that anymore, he wants to become the Hokage, while Madara wants to control everything by power.
Sasuke does actually think like that. The reason why Sasuke wants to be Hokage is to get rid of the old Shinobi system and put a new one in place - whether others approve of the system or not is irrelevant.

Hagoromo said:
Indra, since his birth, had powerful eyes and battle sense. He was called a genius. He did everything on his own and understood that his power was special and different than other people's. He also realized that power could make anything come true.
That description fits Sasuke just as well as it did Indra.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Mar 26, 2014 3:01 AM
Jul 2013
i don't care much for the religious references, but, hogoromo does claim calling him an alien is not wrong thereby hinting that kaguya is an alien.
Mar 26, 2014 3:10 AM

May 2013
Hagoromo has a brother?! The 10 tails was sealed inside Hagoromo and his brother?! Didn't see that coming. I wonder who is the brother. A myestery. So basically, Hagoromo's mother, Kaguya, is more powerful than him. The names of the two sons of Hagoromo are Indra and Ashura. Ninjutsu was originally from the word ninshuu. Naruto is the reincarnation of the youngest son, Ashura. I wonder who the reincarnation of Indra is. But it looks like its Sasuke.

There were so many secrets brought to light in this chapter. Oh and Hagoromo's face was truly unexpected. I was led to believe that he had the same looks as Naruto. Great chapter! I like it! 5/5
Mar 26, 2014 3:10 AM

Jun 2011
Seriously? 0_o Can't it be more predictable? At first I thought that Naruto & Sasuke are gonna have an epic battle against each other. And now, to bring balance and contradict the past, they will probably team up against Madara as the reincarnations of Indra & Ashura.
Furthermore, it's really annoying to see Naruto talking like that to the Hermit. He doesn't have the patience to listen to him, let alone understand him!!! If I was a shinobi in that world I would definitely prefer Sasuke over Naruto (the later being plain stupid).
Mar 26, 2014 3:23 AM

Jul 2013
luizfelps said:
Minagatachi said:
Sasuke is probably the reincarnation of the elder son most likely.

I disagree, I think is more likely that Madara is the reincarnation, because as the Hermit said: his elder son thought that everything comes from power, or in his case the stronger. And Sasuke don't think like that anymore, he wants to become the Hokage, while Madara wants to control everything by power
This is just a theory of mine, but what if Indra and Ashura reincarnated into Madara and Hashirama, then when Madara and Hashirama died the next in line was Sasuke and Naruto? I had another theory that Sasuke was going to realize that he has no chance of becoming Hokage because he is a criminal, so I theorized that he might end up becoming a dictator and ruling through force. Sasuke wanting to rule through force instead of love reminds me a lot of Ashura, so I wouldn't be surprised if something like that ended up happening. Although only problem is, as someone brought up on my other forum post, for that to happen there'd probably need to be another whole arc to deal with Sasuke vs Naruto.

Aequalitas said:
I was actually thinking a while back that it'd be cool if the Shiki Fujin was the spirit of Sage or something because they had a few things in common in regard to their looks, but Ootsotsuki looks much more like it then the Sage does. That would blow my mind if that ended up happening.
MinagatachiMar 26, 2014 3:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2014 3:32 AM
Feb 2014
Interesting chapter, not sure how I feel about the way Kisihi made Hagoromo look. Naruto being the literal reincarnation of Ashura was... stupid, though it's pretty obvious where this'll go now. Sasuke will be the reincarnation of Indra and they'll team up to beat Madara and everyone will be at peace... yaaay.

It can be assumed that Ashura was the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi as well, since that was basically the same form... but Naruto only had that form because he had half the Kyuubi sealed inside him, so I don't know how to explain it. The black orbs of chakra that look like tailed beast rasengan made it clear that Kishi is trying far too hard to connect the two.

Anyone else notice that Indra was displayed with the Sharingan, rather than the Uchiha ancestor Dojutsu?
Mar 26, 2014 3:40 AM
Mar 2011
IchigoHollowfi said:
Naruto being a reincarnation kinda just killed it for me. but we shall see how this plays out.
I think it was already told that Naruto had something messianic in him, so it's not very surprising. I think it was somewhere around the last time we saw Rikudou.

So now it would be interesting to know what is ninjutsu and its origins.
Mar 26, 2014 3:52 AM
Dec 2013
luizfelps said:
Minagatachi said:
Sasuke is probably the reincarnation of the elder son most likely.

I disagree, I think is more likely that Madara is the reincarnation, because as the Hermit said: his elder son thought that everything comes from power, or in his case the stronger. And Sasuke don't think like that anymore, he wants to become the Hokage, while Madara wants to control everything by power

No i think Sasuke is still thinking of power even though he wants to be hokage, as you know Sasuke wants to make his own Shinobi village under his own shinobi system, this tells that Sasuke wants power over everyone.
Sasuke and Naruto are most likely the latest re-incarnation of the Sage brothers]
Mar 26, 2014 4:16 AM

Oct 2013
I'm sure it's obvious at this point to say:

Sasuke= Indra
Mar 26, 2014 4:27 AM

Oct 2007
this was unpredictably stupid

i am amazed how the manga can keep going downhill at such a fast pace with nearly each chapter and still not reach the bottom
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2014 4:38 AM

Mar 2014
And Sasuke is the reincarnation of the older brother. I'm going out on a limb and saying that Hashirama and Madara were probably Naruto and Sasuke's previous incarnations... whatever.

3/5 and I'm being generous because we got to at least see what the sage of the six paths and his family looked like.

EDIT: after thinking about it Izuna Uchiha might be Indra's previous incarnation. Madara and Tobirama both said that Sasuke was like him. As for Madara I dunno either Kaguya or the sage's mysterious twin brother if Kishimoto decides to go down that route.
L0bstermanMar 26, 2014 4:53 AM
Mar 26, 2014 4:43 AM

Aug 2011
The only thing i don't wanna see is Sasuke becoming the reincarnation of Indra .. I LIKE no ..I LOVE the ideea of Madara beeing Indra's reincarnation. As Madara WAS ALIVE when SASUKE was born ..Sasuke can't be Indra..(Sasuke was born before Naruto an Madara died just a bit before Naruto's birth)

Madara=Indra. As there can't be 2 reincarnations...

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)
Mar 26, 2014 4:45 AM

Jun 2013
O.O RIKKUDO SENNIN!!!!?!?! WTF!?! okay. Kishimoto is doing once again both interesting and confusing stuff...How the hell Naruto met him? even if it is between life and death...

o,O O.o W.T.F!!??!!? Naruto is reincarnation of Ashura!?!?!?! Holy shit....where is Indra...In Sasuke? or Obito...I seriously hope it is not Sasuke...(This series name is Naruto not Sasuke)
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 26, 2014 4:56 AM

Aug 2012
link9us said:
Naruro and sasuke our brothers? Talk bout a twist and a revelation.

how is this a twist?? people have been theorizing this since 5 kage summit arc
Mar 26, 2014 4:58 AM
Mar 2014
Its pretty Obvious that Sasuke's Indra's reincarnation. Though is seems that Naruto's kyuubi chakra mode is more of a combination of the Ashura's and the Nine Tails. Guessing Now Naruto and Sasuke will team up, ,defeat Madara and the reincarnation cycle will finally be complete since they don't hate each other anymore. But what I wonder is if Ashura was fixated on Indra like Naruto is with Sasuke, At least then he could blame it on spiritual genetics.
Mar 26, 2014 4:59 AM
Feb 2014
IchigoHollowfi said:
Naruto being a reincarnation kinda just killed it for me. but we shall see how this plays out.

Naruto was already great, now he is a reincarnation too? why do i get the feelin' they are Ichigo Bleaching us. Hope not.. OTL

Interesting chapter tho. o:

Except Ichigo isn't a reincarnation of anyone? Try again. 0/10 is the best I can give you.
Mar 26, 2014 5:00 AM

Oct 2011
Naruto a reincarnation, and sasuke is probably a reincarnation of indra? Pretty awesome.
Mar 26, 2014 5:02 AM

Oct 2008
I predicted something along these lines, but I don't care. It's awesome.
Mar 26, 2014 5:05 AM

Feb 2013
i knew naruto was losing originality and creativity,but this just sent those stuff down the drain
Mar 26, 2014 5:11 AM

Oct 2013
KosmicGuy said:
I LOVE the ideea of Madara beeing Indra's reincarnation.

Ok, you may like it, but Sasuke is the deuteragonist and I'm sure we all know that he's Indra's reincarnation. :-)
Mar 26, 2014 5:18 AM
May 2013
That dude is ugly af, who would want to make babies with that dude.

Naruto needs to stfu and listen. FOREALZ

Moral of the story, if you're not Kagami and you have Sharigan, you're fucked.
Mar 26, 2014 5:19 AM

Dec 2008
Oh mah gawd. I wasn't bored! Their conversation was pretty interesting even though a lot of it was a rehash of what Madara had said. I always thought the older brother would be the Senju ancestor though. The more you know.
Mar 26, 2014 5:22 AM

Aug 2010
Naruto is too easily predictable. Of course Naruto is the reincarnation of Ashura. Naruto is this, naruto is that, naruto gains random new power, naruto gets a huge ass power up, etc. I won't be surprised for the life of me if the other brother Indra, who coincidentally has the Sharingan (I want extra back story on Indra because I have a theory I'd like to confirm) is the reincarnation of Sasuke since Ashura and Indras history as told by Hagoromo is basically Naruto and Sasukes past. Every damn generation seems to have had a Naruto-Sasuke like duo. Orochimaru and Jiraiya, Kakashi and Obito, the list goes on.
Some old ass floating man calling himself a Sage of whatever better not appear to Sasuke now because I swear...

I complain but I still love Naruto and I want to know how it ends. Even though the ending is pretty obvious. Unless Kishi trolls the shit out of me and actually does something unpredictable as a ending to make up for the predictability that is Naruto.
Mar 26, 2014 5:27 AM

Feb 2013
nekonishino said:
Naruto is too easily predictable. Of course Naruto is the reincarnation of Ashura. Naruto is this, naruto is that, naruto gains random new power, naruto gets a huge ass power up, etc. I won't be surprised for the life of me if the other brother Indra, who coincidentally has the Sharingan (I want extra back story on Indra because I have a theory I'd like to confirm) is the reincarnation of Sasuke since Ashura and Indras history as told by Hagoromo is basically Naruto and Sasukes past. Every damn generation seems to have had a Naruto-Sasuke like duo. Orochimaru and Jiraiya, Kakashi and Obito, the list goes on.
Some old ass floating man calling himself a Sage of whatever better not appear to Sasuke now because I swear...

I complain but I still love Naruto and I want to know how it ends. Even though the ending is pretty obvious. Unless Kishi trolls the shit out of me and actually does something unpredictable as a ending to make up for the predictability that is Naruto.

pretty much what this dude said,i mean seriously people saying this chapter is epic,nothing happened that has'nt been predicted by pretty much every chapter reviewer out there.and yeah..the whole narusasu duo has gotten old,i mean reeeaaallllyyyy old......but at the end of the day it's still pretty enjoyable
King_of_HereticsMar 26, 2014 5:31 AM
Mar 26, 2014 5:27 AM

Aug 2010
Behemoth11 said:
KosmicGuy said:
I LOVE the ideea of Madara beeing Indra's reincarnation.

Ok, you may like it, but Sasuke is the deuteragonist and I'm sure we all know that he's Indra's reincarnation. :-)

I agree about Sasuke being the Deuteragonist. So much so that half the time 'Naruto' could have been called 'Sasuke'. Narutos character centers and focuses so much on Sasuke and their bond. Without Sasukes character the show wouldn't have much of a purpose.
Mar 26, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2011
Madara may be the rencarnation of Rikudo's Brother ?

I mean he really looks like him from the back with that long hair and everything. pg 14 .

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)
Mar 26, 2014 5:39 AM

Mar 2014
KosmicGuy said:

I mean he really looks like him from the back with that long hair and everything. pg 14 .

I didn't even notice that. Well it looks like that theory I threw out earlier has more weight than I thought.
Mar 26, 2014 5:41 AM

Aug 2010
KosmicGuy said:

Well since Hagoromo isn't a reincarnation it could be possible his brother isn't and may appear in the manga soon? I'm probably pushing it. Then again, the way Kishi mentions his brother and then skips to Hagoromo and his sons gives me the impression his brother isn't important nor vital to the story or he's leaving that open in case he needs the character to randomly make an appearance for every single reason Kishi brings people back. I just don't really see why his brother would reincarnate into someone like Madara. Eh, who knows. You could be right.
Mar 26, 2014 5:59 AM

Aug 2010
The fact that Kishi foreshadowed and dropped hints about Naruto (and Sasuke most likely of Indra) being the reincarnation of Ashura in episode 203, manga chapter 462 and I forgot about it makes me want to kick myself in the ass.
Mar 26, 2014 6:15 AM
Sep 2012
So did Naruto inherit both brother's soul, or is Indra recarnated as Madura or Sasuke. I don't get it completely. Well looks like Guy got a stay of execution for now.

Good chapter I guess.
Mar 26, 2014 6:24 AM

Sep 2011
what the fuck did i just read

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 26, 2014 6:43 AM

Jul 2013
LOL NARUTO ONLY DREAM HE STILL ALMOST DEAD NICE I WAS THINK NARUTO IS READY TO FIGHT AGAIN -.-
Mar 26, 2014 6:44 AM
Nov 2012
KosmicGuy said:
The only thing i don't wanna see is Sasuke becoming the reincarnation of Indra .. I LIKE no ..I LOVE the ideea of Madara beeing Indra's reincarnation. As Madara WAS ALIVE when SASUKE was born ..Sasuke can't be Indra..(Sasuke was born before Naruto an Madara died just a bit before Naruto's birth)

Madara=Indra. As there can't be 2 reincarnations...

I think, madara and tobirama have just senju/uchiha rivality.
Tobirama is a genius with powerful mokuton bloodline and fuinjutsu skill, he was at same level as madara in the past, he can't be ashura reincarnation.

Naruto is the true reincarnation of ashura, but in worse: At least Ashura was maybe stupid but could turning into that weird yellow bijuu mode without any bijuu. Naruto need kyuubi to perform it. A part of Ashura soul got lost on the way to join naruto (unhappily, the only useful part of the no-good son).

If sasuke is indra reincarnation, naruto will be screwed for their rivality fight, because sasuke open his eyes and has a team now. "hard work can't beat genius when this last work"
Mar 26, 2014 6:52 AM
May 2013
ScazoN said:
No i think Sasuke is still thinking of power even though he wants to be hokage, as you know Sasuke wants to make his own Shinobi village under his own shinobi system, this tells that Sasuke wants power over everyone.

Sounds like a tyrant to me
Mar 26, 2014 7:18 AM

Jun 2012
So the Naruto/Sasuke-type relationship has been going on for like centuries?

Wow that's pretty.....lame
Mar 26, 2014 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
new i can predict what happens next, the old sage gives Naruto hes Rinengan
Mar 26, 2014 7:25 AM
Feb 2013
Interesting how the Kaguya Clan is where it all started. Probably explains why Orochimaru has taken interest in Kimimaro. Reckon he will have a big part to play in the end.
Mar 26, 2014 8:22 AM

Apr 2010
Oh look, Naruto is actually the reincarnation of Jesus Christ.
Mar 26, 2014 8:30 AM

Apr 2008
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Such a boring chapter.
Mar 26, 2014 8:38 AM

Apr 2008
Naruto always said he consider Sasuke to be like a brother to him.

Who would have thought that would become literal.

Mar 26, 2014 9:07 AM

May 2013
Nice to learn about the Sage of the Six Paths and his past. Ashura is reborn into Naruto.
Mar 26, 2014 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
So the Senju and Uchiha are basically aliens? the way Hagoromo talked is as if Kaguya literally came from outer space (not that she looked like a human in the first place.. dem horns).

Oh well.. the whole thing about Naruto being the reincarnation of Ashura wasn't the least bit surprising. Whether it's Tobirama vs Madara or Naruto vs Sasuke it really doesn't matter who or which of them is the literal reincarnation of Hagoromo's sons. All these talks about cooperation, it seems that it'll finally be achieved during Naruto's & Sasuke's era.

I'm more intrigued by Hagoromo's brother and how Ashura employed some sort of giant chakra cloak that's similar to Kyuubi cloak but not exactly (I don't think he was the Kyuubi jinchuuriki anyway).
Mar 26, 2014 9:32 AM
Jan 2014
So,to ease up things

Ashura reincarnated into Hashirama and then into Naruto

Indra reincarnated into Madara and then into Sasuke

Madara died a year or two before Obito's attack on the village.By then Sasuke was already born.Please check the facts.

It is rather ironic.Madara corrupted Obito,who then corrupted Sasuke.Lol Madara corrupting himself.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.