Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2014 1:48 AM

Feb 2014
GalekC said:
TonyTonyStark said:
tsudecimo said:
GalekC said:
TonyTonyStark said:
Netero's nen (buddha) was already previewed at the start of this arc back in 2004/5.
End of 2003, to be real precise.

In a manga cover? Or where exactly.

It showed netero and the buddha in the background while morel talked about him being humble regarding how he is weaker than pitou.

Either way, it's more than likely an idea taken from JJBA, and its aspect of "Stands."
There was one other thing possibly foreshadowed with Netero in episode 7 (chapter 12-14? Idk), when it was Gon vs. him on the airship, but that's for later.

No. But it did foreshadow something else. (But that can also be debated as a nod back, just like 90% of what people consider foreshadowing. LOL.)
But nonetheless impressive in my opinion.
Mar 26, 2014 1:52 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty cool and badass when Netero uses his Buddha ability. But I believe as a veteran, Netero should sense that Mereum isn't someone ordinary or just a mere powerful opponent. Mereum in this episode already shows he's above Netero. Taking Netero's huge attacks and still appears fine and everything. Making Mereum spit out blood is actually nothing... meh~

Look at how much nen the Royal guards have when they were just newly born. Its like unlimited! A LOT!! What made them survive till now is because of their incredible out of the world nen. Not to mention they have extraordinary durability since they are another kind of species compared to humans.

Unfortunately, discussion isn't happening in this duel & the only way is to fight till death... I was feeling kinda sad for Netero and a little understanding on Mereum's side.
Mar 26, 2014 1:55 AM

Jan 2014
JJBA ripped off Theon's phantom cock.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2014 1:57 AM

Jul 2013
TonyTonyStark said:
No. But it did foreshadow something else. (But that can also be debated as a nod back, just like 90% of what people consider foreshadowing. LOL.)
Oh, then damn it! I hate misusing words.

Welp, at least I used 'possibly' as an adverb.
Mar 26, 2014 2:20 AM

Jan 2011
Mind-freak said:
this episode was epic! amazing episode.. loved the development of Meruem.
The thing that i hated was that Nethero's budha was copied by that of Sengoku(one piece). Leaving these flaws aside, the rest episode was good.

lol
Netero's budha come in 2008
Sengoku budha come in 2010
Mar 26, 2014 2:43 AM

Jul 2013
judals said:

JamalKing said:

Aichiro said:
That buddha power though has to be one of the most unique powers I've ever seen since watching anime.

Have you ever heard of Susanoo? Imo it's not particularly unique at all, cool but not unique.

*adds to things naruto ripped off*

Well Susanoo is actually older than Netero's nen ability being revealed, so if you're going to start calling it a ripoff then you should be saying HxH ripped off Naruto (not that I think it's ripping anything off, but if you're going to bitch then do it correctly). But seriously, stop with these stupid comparisons.

Good episode, the King is truly terrifying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2014 2:46 AM

Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
judals said:

JamalKing said:

Aichiro said:
That buddha power though has to be one of the most unique powers I've ever seen since watching anime.

Have you ever heard of Susanoo? Imo it's not particularly unique at all, cool but not unique.

Well Susanoo is actually older than Netero's nen ability being revealed, so if you're going to start calling it a ripoff then you should be saying HxH ripped off Naruto (not that I think it's ripping anything off, but if you're going to bitch then do it correctly). But seriously, stop with these stupid comparisons.

Susano's debut date?
Mar 26, 2014 2:55 AM

Jul 2013
judals said:
Minagatachi said:
judals said:

JamalKing said:

Aichiro said:

Susano's debut date?

Susanoo = 29th of February, 2008 (chapter 391)
Netero's Bhudda = 5th of December, 2008 (chapter 290)
Chiriku's Bhudda (from a Naruto filler) = 28th of August, 2008 (episode 73)

Honestly both Netero's Bhudda and Chiriku's Bhudda are more alike then Netero's Bhudda and Susanoo, if we're going to compare then we should probably do those two. Like someone else said the stance, arm movements, and pretty much everything else is identical.

MinagatachiMar 26, 2014 3:03 AM
Mar 26, 2014 3:02 AM

Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
judals said:
Minagatachi said:
judals said:

JamalKing said:

Aichiro said:

Susano's debut date?

Honestly both Netero's Bhudda and Chiriku's Bhudda are more alike then Netero's Bhudda and Susanoo, if we're going to compare then we should probably do those two. Like someone else said the stance, arm movements, and pretty much everything else is identical.

I still don't think anything ripped off anything though, just similar ideas.
And galekc just posted about netero's being in 2003.
But nevermind that. If we count sudanoo, why not Dr Blythe? Pitou's puppetteers? Those are also phantom extensions.
Mar 26, 2014 3:06 AM

Jul 2013
judals said:
Minagatachi said:
judals said:
Minagatachi said:
judals said:

JamalKing said:

Aichiro said:

Susano's debut date?

But nevermind that. If we count sudanoo, why not Dr Blythe? Pitou's puppetteers? Those are also phantom extensions.
How about we just accept that things can be similar without it necessarily being a ripoff. I don't consider the Bhudda, Susanoo, or anything like that ripoffs. I do think Kishi did some pretty obvious ripoffs (Chunin Exam, Sasuke being like a Killua/Kurapika hybrid, etc), but I honestly can't remember him plagiarizing anything since what, the Tsunade arc? (another big reason why I think Part 2 is much better than Part 1). Like 99% of the time if you have a good idea then someone has already thought of it. "The key to creativity is hiding your own sources"
MinagatachiMar 26, 2014 3:11 AM
Mar 26, 2014 3:11 AM

Jan 2014
I already said I was being sarcastic. But you said 'you should do it right', and I just posted more about the topic to show I havent forgotten anything.

That's not to say I don't think naruto EVER took from HxH.
Mar 26, 2014 3:44 AM

Dec 2012
GalekC said:
TonyTonyStark said:
tsudecimo said:
GalekC said:
TonyTonyStark said:
Netero's nen (buddha) was already previewed at the start of this arc back in 2004/5.

It showed netero and the buddha in the background while morel talked about him being humble regarding how he is weaker than pitou.

Either way, it's more than likely an idea taken from JJBA, and its aspect of "Stands."

It only showed the Buddha statue like I said, nothing about the stance and how the power works.

I'm kind surprised that Chiriku's was anime only. Whoever came up with it, should have worked with Kishi.

TonyTonyStark said:

Who alt's are you bro?
Mar 26, 2014 3:46 AM

May 2012
It hurts to see Meruem like that. I know he did terrible things in the past but, maybe it's just because he still did not learn how to deal with things. And now that he has changed and learned how to protect the weak, it sucks that they must still kill him </3
Mar 26, 2014 3:53 AM

Nov 2013
What a ripoff, everything togashi does is taken from some other series, it's not even interesting to point them out anymore
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 26, 2014 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
sheidesu said:
It hurts to see Meruem like that. I know he did terrible things in the past but, maybe it's just because he still did not learn how to deal with things. And now that he has changed and learned how to protect the weak, it sucks that they must still kill him </3

He is planing to do horrible things in the future as far as our morals goes. I don't get the sympathy here.

GuusWayne said:
What a ripoff, everything togashi does is taken from some other series, it's not even interesting to point them out anymore

Oh boy. I feel like you either hate the anime fanbase of this anime or you just feel insecure about people praising it. Or you are simply trolling and baiting.
Mar 26, 2014 3:59 AM

Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:
GalekC said:
TonyTonyStark said:
tsudecimo said:
GalekC said:
TonyTonyStark said:

It only showed the Buddha statue like I said, nothing about the stance and how the power works.

I'm kind surprised that Chiriku's was anime only. Whoever came up with it, should have worked with Kishi.

TonyTonyStark said:

Who alt's are you bro?

It showed a Buddha power still. Doesn't take a genius to take the hint about how it might work. But who knows, back then susanoo did not exist so the idea was unfamiliar.
Oh an Sengoku's power came before Hashi's as well. Naruto is inspired by OP too, you know.

And yep, it was filler.

What?
Mar 26, 2014 4:06 AM

Dec 2012
OP? What?

Susanoo is not related to any of them. It works and looks completely differently. But Netero's power is identical to Chiriku's.

Whose alternative account are you?
Mar 26, 2014 4:06 AM

Feb 2014
GalekC said:
TonyTonyStark said:
Oh, then damn it! I hate misusing words.

Welp, at least I used 'possibly' as an adverb.

By the way, this is more related to episode 19 if you remember ;)
Mar 26, 2014 4:09 AM
May 2008
Amazing episode. The way the king talks, and for (up to) 50% he isnt such a badguy at all .it makes him very likeable and to be feared at the same time! Unique 'badguy' type, He evolves greatly as the story progresses, a thing not seen often in shounens. 5\5

Its been pointed out before: but judgeing from te preview, they will skipp 'the' fight until later... :(
Mar 26, 2014 4:09 AM

Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:
OP? What?

Susanoo is not related to any of them. It works and looks completely differently. But Netero's power is identical to Chiriku's.

Whose alternative account are you?

One Piece.

And I told you it was back in 2003 (I said 2004 but it's 2003).

And no one's. Unless you refer to another forum.
Mar 26, 2014 4:14 AM

Dec 2012
One piece? your logic deficiency is showing again.

Do I need to repeat myself.

tsudecimo said:

There was just just a Buddha behind him.

I highly doubt that.
Mar 26, 2014 4:20 AM

Feb 2014
Why you gotta insult people when you can't argue? Believe it or not OP did inspire it, big time.
It was behind him? So what. That doesn't disprove anything.
That seems logical enough to interpret what it is.

OK. Parfaited did say you like to play with alternatives, so I'm gonna assume this is a defense mechanism of yours.
Mar 26, 2014 4:23 AM

Oct 2013
GuusWayne said:

Valid criticism as usual from you.... Let's sit down and discuss about it... But please use words if you want to influence me....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 26, 2014 4:25 AM

Feb 2014
soundscape said:
GuusWayne said:

Valid criticism as usual from you.... Let's sit down and discuss about it... But please use words if you want to influence me....

This is gold. My new motto.
Mar 26, 2014 4:33 AM

Dec 2012
TonyTonyStark said:
Why you gotta insult people when you can't argue? Believe it or not OP did inspire it, big time.
It was behind him? So what. That doesn't disprove anything.
That seems logical enough to interpret what it is.

OK. Parfaited did say you like to play with alternatives, so I'm gonna assume this is a defense mechanism of yours.

Can't argue? I don't want to argue with you. If I consider someone illogical I won't argue with him, because it's pointless. And after what you wrote in that fights thread, I can only think of you as an illogical person.

How did one piece inspire anything? let alone Naruto. Humor me please.

The stance and power came in the Naruto filler first. That's the point.

I want to say that you are the fourth installment of Hurricanesweet, but those personas never read manga before the anime of something. Hmmm.
Mar 26, 2014 4:40 AM

Feb 2014
Sounds like an excuse for when you cannot argue. Anyone can make such a childish claim. But fine. I won't force you, man.
It came after Netero's power, that's where you were wrong.

OK...
Mar 26, 2014 4:45 AM

Dec 2012
Netero's power, how it works and the stance weren't established before that. It was only one picture of a buddha behind him. How are you not getting that.

How did one piece inspired anything? I will stop with the illogical remarks.
Mar 26, 2014 4:56 AM

Dec 2013
Awesome episode though the next episode preview looks like it's going to be a pain in the ass
Mar 26, 2014 5:50 AM

Mar 2014
Netero's Buddha ability is inspired from some other Anime? Loooooool~
Mar 26, 2014 6:16 AM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:

How did one piece inspire anything? let alone Naruto. Humor me please.

I agree that OP didn't inspire Naruto at all (seriously? where? If somebody tell me "in the war arc" i'm going to laugh), but you can't deny the influence of One Piece in other mangas. The most well-known examples probably are Rave Master, Fairy Tail and Toriko.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 26, 2014 6:25 AM

Dec 2012
Ye! the fight we all have been waiting for is finally gonna start...

kudos to Netero's new VA... :)

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 26, 2014 6:28 AM

Dec 2012
Andan210 said:

I agree that OP didn't inspire Naruto at all (seriously? where? If somebody tell me "in the war arc" i'm going to laugh), but you can't deny the influence of One Piece in other mangas. The most well-known examples probably are Rave Master, Fairy Tail and Toriko.

I will agree with Toriko, and even that seems more inspired by Jojo and other old manga. Maybe even stretch it and say HxH inspired the food hunting theme.

insan3Spectre said:
Ah, fuck the King is such a great character. I never expected him to sit down and want to talk things through. But, thinking about it, of course that is what he would do.

I knew you would like that. It caught me off guard too.
Mar 26, 2014 6:29 AM

Jun 2009
Ah, fuck the King is such a great character. I never expected him to sit down and want to talk things through. But, thinking about it, of course that is what he would do. Unfortunately, Netero doesn't seem to be in the position to do that. Pretty cool that the King' s name has come back into the equation. Also, the duality between Ant and Human is pretty interesting, it's like the King and other Ants are in their formative years that determine what kind of person they will become. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Can't wait until I am able to watch this arc straight through. It will be awesome.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 26, 2014 6:36 AM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
Andan210 said:

I will agree with Toriko, and even that seems more inspired by Jojo and other old manga. Maybe even stretch it and say HxH inspired the food hunting theme.

Well yeah, Toriko seems like a mix of influence by One Piece, Dragon Ball (the first part), JoJo and HxH (mainly for the food hunter thing).
There's nothing wrong with being influenced by other works, anyway. What matters is the execution.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 26, 2014 6:37 AM

Nov 2013
Minagatachi said:
judals said:
Minagatachi said:
judals said:
Minagatachi said:
judals said:

JamalKing said:

Aichiro said:

Susano's debut date?

How about we just accept that things can be similar without it necessarily being a ripoff. I don't consider the Bhudda, Susanoo, or anything like that ripoffs. I do think Kishi did some pretty obvious ripoffs (Chunin Exam, Sasuke being like a Killua/Kurapika hybrid, etc), but I honestly can't remember him plagiarizing anything since what, the Tsunade arc? (another big reason why I think Part 2 is much better than Part 1). Like 99% of the time if you have a good idea then someone has already thought of it. "The key to creativity is hiding your own sources"

*Slaps you* I'm the god of tits and wine! >.<
Mar 26, 2014 6:52 AM

Nov 2012
Meruem is such a deep character!
and that's why he's my favorite character in HxH after Hisoka. i envy you guys, who's watching this for the first time. HxH is literally on fire now.
Drastic-MeasureMar 26, 2014 6:56 AM
Mar 26, 2014 8:29 AM
Feb 2014
10/10 episode. dat king character.. damn...

netero's new voice well.. the VA has a good voice but imo, not for netero

the VA for the old HxH netero and the previous one before this did a good job
because netero is a playful old man and their matches that character..

this new VA though.. just yea, all deep and serious
Howling_AmberMar 26, 2014 8:47 AM
Kill the boy and let the man be born
Mar 26, 2014 9:11 AM

Nov 2013
Don1Joker said:
Meruem is such a deep character!
and that's why he's my favorite character in HxH after Hisoka. i envy you guys, who's watching this for the first time. HxH is literally on fire now.

You're a bad boy *spanks*
Mar 26, 2014 9:16 AM

Jan 2011
All the suspence of this awesome fight was completely killed by the preview of the next episode. Finaly when we got to the fight we've all been waiting for and now again this stupid octopus that can't kill a crab.
Mar 26, 2014 9:46 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode! Now the real fun begins. Does Netero even have a chance against Meruem..? :/
Mar 26, 2014 11:05 AM
Dec 2011
Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys!

...they clearly all ripped off from Bleach and Komamura Saijin's Zanpakuto.

(...before someone takes the bait: I'm joking XD)
Mar 26, 2014 11:18 AM

Sep 2011
Guys, guys.

Togashi clearly ripped off from bobobo-bo

Awesome episode.
Mar 26, 2014 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
TimeTraveler- said:
All the suspence of this awesome fight was completely killed by the preview of the next episode. Finaly when we got to the fight we've all been waiting for and now again this stupid octopus that can't kill a crab.

I actually liked that episode. :D Octopus ftw!!
Mar 26, 2014 12:23 PM

Dec 2013
I completely forgot there was a new Netero voice and I personally like it. The new voice is 100% serious while the previous was serious yet had that lighter side still in it. I'm fine with the 100% seriousness in Netero's voice because of the situation. I didn't watch the trailer for the next episode but according to you guys we're going back to that Octopus... fml
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Mar 26, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2011
Go Merumem. Can't believe i am rooting for him!!!
Mar 26, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
TimeTraveler- said:
TheArchangles982- said:
according to you guys we're going back to that Octopus... fml
I don't trust that preview. >: (

The preview for the episodes that were Gon vs Hisoka and Kurapika vs Uvogin made sure not to show the actual fights, I'll have you guys know... :S
Mar 26, 2014 1:27 PM

Jun 2009
To me it seemed like that preview covered just one scene, unless it takes up the entire episode. Which is possible, I suppose.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 26, 2014 1:36 PM

Dec 2013
Netero's new seiyuu doing a good job i guess, need time to get used to it. Meruem's development!!! Wanting to discuss instead of fighting, gave me the chills, This arc is deep in so many levels <3
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Mar 26, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2012
The reason why i think Meruem is a deep character isn't just how he tries to bring equality in the world, how he question his existing, his relationship with Komugi. the whole Chimera Ants arc is a characterization and development for the king's personality.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

53 by Jacktwelve17 »»
4 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.