Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2014 7:21 PM

Mar 2012
This series for me was a little bit of an up-and-down. It started off at 9, went down to 8, went up to 9, and now it's 10. The first half of the series isn't bad. It's at times humorous, but it was mostly just a series that I didn't drop. But then it got to the second half and it really became all the glory. Everything we kind of expected out of this series came up and exceeded expectations all over the place.

Jin and Douman certainly helped. But toward the end every character played a fairly memorable role without it being unnatural, though I must mention that Suzuka and Touji ironically played increasingly smaller roles as the series went on. I also really liked Hishamaru's history. Clearly she became a familiar of Yakou when they were young and all this time she had placed a seal on herself to become Kon, presumably to be able to stay by Harutora's side without arousing suspicions. Perhaps most importantly, this series also become a drawn out silly harem play. Harutora and Natsume took their time, but finally confirmed their feelings for one another at the end and it was pretty sweet too.

This series needs a second season just to keep the ball rolling. That's all I want to say. The best thing about all this is I don't think it's peaked yet. Harutora hasn't shown off his ability as Yakou, and in fact a lot of characters haven't gone all in yet. This has been a fun ride and I definitely look forward to announcement of a second season if it ever comes.
Mar 25, 2014 7:26 PM

Mar 2010
Nuvi said:
Necromia said:
herrickluk said:
someone explain why he leaves in the end...

I'm pretty sure it's because the omnyo agency is after him for using "forbidden magic".
Actually that's not the reason, Onmyo Agency wanted him to revive her at one condition that he can be on their side. If you're here referring to the events of volume 10 of LN

No their after him for using TFR too, and Genji considers him a dangerous element if he not under their control.
Mar 25, 2014 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
Ending is meh,
well this wasn't so bad, 6/10
Mar 25, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2011
Wow what a final?! These last episodes were great! I will raise my vote to 8/10.

Hope there'll be a second season.

PS. Kon and Haratora badass mode on was pure gold!
Mar 25, 2014 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
Ending was good in regards to the wrap up of the romance(KISS :D) but left me confused on stuff. Where is Harutora/Yakou going? A second season would clear stuff up. Also might have helped if I paid more attention in the middle episodes where there was a lot of world building. Still enjoyed the show
Mar 25, 2014 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
The ending wasn't that confusing.

Harutora looks like a pirate with the coat on and covered eye.

This killed some time but was nothing special.
Mar 25, 2014 7:56 PM
Dec 2013
Kya~ Didn't expect Kon to be Hishamaru, and she's so pretty xD
But it seems like it ended in a way I don't really prefered but I still liked it though. I hope there is a second season for it. ><

Go Tokyo Ravens!!!
Mar 25, 2014 7:58 PM

May 2010
There better be a second season explaining what the hell happened.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 25, 2014 7:59 PM

Apr 2008
From the flashback, if they are following tradition, that means Hishamaru is Yakou's cousin isn't she ?
How did she became a fox like that ? Head of the branch family married a fox spirit ?

Or that's still part beyond volume 10 ?
Mar 25, 2014 7:59 PM

Apr 2013
Because of the "Chuu~~~~" scene at the end...
I felt like I just had to increase my rating by 1. lol

Mar 25, 2014 8:05 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, Kon surprised me this episode. Nice ending :) A possible season 2 perhaps?
first half was 6/10. Second half was really good, overall 7/10.
Mar 25, 2014 8:06 PM

Mar 2010
nseika said:
From the flashback, if they are following tradition, that means Hishamaru is Yakou's cousin isn't she ?
How did she became a fox like that ? Head of the branch family married a fox spirit ?

Or that's still part beyond volume 10 ?

Correct on the first part. :)

Hishamaru has same condition as Touji (being under the possession of a spirit making her half human) except she was born that way in her case.
Mar 25, 2014 8:13 PM

Nov 2012
This was a good anime, the ending was especially good. Season 2?
Mar 25, 2014 8:26 PM

Apr 2012
ahhh i was satisfied with the kiss at the end. Doman becoming Jin's familiar :O Also Kon's transformation was pretty epic! <3 However, overall the anime was very messy/confusing and had some pacing issues, but it was still a very fun watch.

I would give it a 7 but i'll have to stay with a very solid 6.
zzzeallyMar 25, 2014 9:20 PM

Mar 25, 2014 9:21 PM
Jun 2013
Aichiro said:
This was a good anime, the ending was especially good. Season 2?

Hmm i haven't read the light novels but as far as I'm aware they are only 1 or 2 books ahead of the anime ending which started in 2010. I guess that means we'd be waiting another 2-4 years :/
Mar 25, 2014 9:46 PM

Sep 2013
Best episode from Tokyo Ravens. I'd give that ending 10/10
but the rest of 23 episodes id give 8/10

Mar 25, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
So happy to see Hishamaru animated. The first time I saw it in the LN, I was already a fan XD

Kind of sad that we have to wait a couple of years for the next installment (and that's a big IF) since there's very little source material left. But hey if Log Horizon can do it, there must be a way :p

The ending was really sweet I was smiling the whole time haha. For the love of Kon, Suzuka and Touji I give this an 8/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 25, 2014 10:05 PM
Nov 2013
Who's the one screaming "Aaaah my ears!!!" on the phone? Suzu? But sounds like Kon ... (I'm going to miss her Ha-ha-harutora sama stutter).

It will make my day if they make some kind of an omake in which

BTW, is
Mar 25, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
Grown up Kon? I can live with that.

So what's with the parting? Harutora gonna become final boss now? TENMA NEW MC????

The ending felt kinda lackluster as it they didn't even try to put anything together before ending even though it was kinda expected with the novel still going.

I'm glad there was that Natsume scene, expected more tears though.
Mar 25, 2014 10:25 PM

Dec 2011
SO been waiting for the moment Kon have a grown up transformation... and like the ending where Harutora became the "bad" guy. Might read the novels in the future to fully understand omitted parts and confusion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2014 10:27 PM

Dec 2010
Well that was an interesting episode. I knew that Kon was really Hishimaru, but it was nice to finally see her in action. Even though I like her loli form A LOT better. I was really hoping she would kill Ogre Eater...no one does that to my baby and gets away with it!

The ending was kind of open, and I wish it was explained a bit more...but I'm pretty happy with it. I was surprised they kissed, I thought something would prevent it like in nearly every other anime. Also Harutora looks awesome now. Of course with his new look I definitely have images of Odin in my head. A raven on the shoulder, one eye, I'm sure that's what they were going for.

All in all, it was a pretty good series! I think I'll give it a 7.5/10 but I have to round up on MAL so it gets an 8 from me!
Mar 25, 2014 10:38 PM
Mar 2014
hey i need your opinion on my prediction, so suzu said haruto revive natsume but kinda.
so natsume is like the sleeping beauty? (like the ending where the scene is all white)
and second yauko or haruto dint come back to there friend's because his still finding a cure for natsume coma?
am i right? its kinda confusing.
also i heard from people that haruto will become the last boss? like when he in his body guard, hisamura and the one arm dude.
Mar 25, 2014 10:44 PM

Jul 2009
hmm she looked kind of old LOL. i was expecting a younger, more beautiful face. she's like that girl from ghost in the shell. not my cup of tea. her younger version though... mhm.

well in the end, good finale. it did its job making me want more but i guess, this is where tokyo ravens ends for me. i doubt there will be a season 2. oh well. sad that there will be no proper closure.

any LN readers, want to give a summary of what happens so far after this episode? all the way up to the latest volume? thanks.
Mar 25, 2014 10:45 PM
Sep 2012
The episode was okay, but as a finale - it was shit! I was hoping that this episode would be just like the past 2, with Harutora would finally beating the shit out of Reiji for being an utter dick. Sadly, I was disappointed. The only great thing to come out of this episode was seeing Hishimaru and the revival of Natsume. 6/10
Mar 25, 2014 10:59 PM

Aug 2008
Quite predictable but not bad. This one of the better episode.
Overall, I think I will give it 6/10. I want to give it 7, but the whole thing has not been solid enough.
Mar 25, 2014 11:00 PM

Oct 2013
Jagd84 said:
Nuvi said:
Necromia said:
herrickluk said:

I'm pretty sure it's because the omnyo agency is after him for using "forbidden magic".
Actually that's not the reason, Onmyo Agency wanted him to revive her at one condition that he can be on their side. If you're here referring to the events of volume 10 of LN

No their after him for using TFR too, and Genji considers him a dangerous element if he not under their control.
In that sense, yes. Suzuka did fucked up with her own life in volume 1. Plus there are many types of soul manipulation magic and what Suzuka used was only the sacrifice one. Genji would try to make Onmyo Agency look good anyway.
As Kyouko says, all these forbidden things are just from the perspective of humans. Genji wanted Yakou on his side so that's just what I think. I could be wrong but thanks for the correction.
Kurogashi said:

any LN readers, want to give a summary of what happens so far after this episode? all the way up to the latest volume? thanks.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1107347
Mar 25, 2014 11:03 PM

Sep 2011
That's it? Did harutora revive natsume or not? The ending is so rush & it end like very japanese......well the action is very good in this ep although harutora kinda lose, thank god for mature kon & the other dude.

Overall tokyo raven was fun but had a lot of problem in term of pacing 6/10.
AndroidJacketMar 25, 2014 11:06 PM
Mar 25, 2014 11:12 PM

Feb 2014
This episode's really intense. The Kon part was pretty nice and emotional.

Guess I'll continue with the novels.
Mar 25, 2014 11:13 PM

Feb 2011
I feel like the ending could have used one extra episode. It's a shame yakou only appeared in one episode of the entire series. 7/10 - I simply didn't like how things were portrayed at times and the pacing felt rushed towards the end.

Another Sig WIP
Mar 25, 2014 11:25 PM

Jul 2013
Could have been a masterpiece if the show is longer and more things explained (for example they never explained what Imperial Pallbearers are). I read the LN spoilers so I know pretty much what's happening most of the time but it might be confusing for those who don't.

Overall it's quite a nice action series with fantastic duels & an intriguing plot. 8/10
Mar 25, 2014 11:34 PM

Mar 2010
Nuvi said:
Jagd84 said:
Nuvi said:
Necromia said:
herrickluk said:

In that sense, yes. Suzuka did fucked up with her own life in volume 1. Plus there are many types of soul manipulation magic and what Suzuka used was only the sacrifice one. Genji would try to make Onmyo Agency look good anyway.
As Kyouko says, all these forbidden things are just from the perspective of humans. Genji wanted Yakou on his side so that's just what I think. I could be wrong but thanks for the correction.

Well this does also gives Genji an excuse to go after him in publicly too.

cyborgneko999 said:
That's it? Did harutora revive natsume or not?

Did you pay attention to the dialogue at the end? Suzu said revival was partly successful, what partly means is meant for you speculate. Dos the ending have spell everything out?

Also Harutora has clearly gotten his memories back has two big reasons to leave, 1) being that he is a criminal now in the eyes of Agency for using forbidden magic, 2) To finish whatever objective he had planned to reincarnate for.

I really don't see what's wrong with this ending, it's the best you can get for a ongoing work. It resolves what needs to and leaves enough open for another arc/season.
Iron_MawMar 25, 2014 11:59 PM
Mar 25, 2014 11:49 PM

Jun 2013
That kiss ending omg, and Kimi ga Emu Yuugure too?!??!

There is no way this cant have a second season.

Solid 8/10 for me, a very enjoyable watch.

Really hope to see a second season! :D
Mar 25, 2014 11:56 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, Kon's true form <3 Haha so now Ashiya is Jin's Shikigami XD. That kiss was cute,but not my favorite shipping,so Natsume isn't "fully" revived,what's that supposed to mean? a zombie? XP
That was a nice journey, the second half is where it really shines for me though, 8/10
A S2 wouldn't be bad
PriestSlayerMar 26, 2014 12:01 AM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Mar 25, 2014 11:58 PM
Apr 2013
Wow that was very good. I expected it to suck tbh but it was so good. This needs a S2, or I'll go apeshit on the creators lol a 9/10 from me.

Kon/Hishamaru was so cool. And she's no longer a little girl, I wonder how Suzu would react to that LOL

I can't at people expecting Harutora to beat Kagami. Seriously? One is a Divine General, the other is a student. Don't give me the "he's Yakou" shit. He didn't even have any memories of it until after he was defeated by Kagami. I guess some people really loves to complain about the most stupid things.
Mar 25, 2014 11:59 PM

Oct 2013
hmm, the ending...

So harutora's personality probably gone now with yakou's own...? I kinda like harutora.

And yakou now blinded in one-eye then?

So anime watchers like me are full of "???" with no yakou's further actions. for anime watchers, a little bit of unsatisfying. So if Harutora fully became yakou, his "love" for Natsume" would be faded or gone...?

Jagd84 said:
Nuvi said:

Nuvi said:

Well this does also gives Genji an excuse to go after him in publicly too.

Also Harutora has clearly gotten his memories back has two big reasons to leave, 1) being that he is a criminal now in the eyes of Agency for using forbidden magic, 2) To finish whatever objective he had planned to reincarnate for.

LN readers probably have more understanding...until now, LN mentioned anything what yakou's working on after he left?
heiqi1huMar 26, 2014 12:06 AM
Mar 26, 2014 12:13 AM

Oct 2013
@heiqi1hu
Well Harutora's personality did changed a bit but he still loves Natsume. You could say both Harutora and Yakou loves Natsume (judging by the romance scene at the end).
That's why people call him YakouTora now.
I can't really tell few things in this thread because mods could delete them here but consider Harutora's personality same as:
-Isana Yashiro in last two episodes of K.
-Yuuji Sakai from Shakugan No Shana Final Season

Mod Note: A separate thread gives LN spoilers.
rodacMar 26, 2014 12:21 AM
Mar 26, 2014 12:18 AM

Jan 2011
A natural spot to take a break and a very good final episode. As some folks have said, I think the prospect of a season two depends more on LN sales and marketing strategy than on just BD and DVD sales. The second half was better than the first, and it sounds like a second season would be interesting to watch although we still have a few LN volumes to wait on...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 26, 2014 12:37 AM

Jun 2012
They managed to ring every single cliché bell out there. The whole series screamed "mediocre".

The characters became boring very quickly, except Doman. Or maybe even Reiji/Shaver.
The female ones were all typical annoyance material. Except Suzuka in the first episodes - only in the first episodes.

The story was w/e, if you can't care about the characters, the story is already doomed.

Forgettable OST.
Ok animation; oh wait, it had this whole CGI overuse, especially early on..zzz

4/10 overall, could have been 4.5/10 if it didn't drag for half a year.
Mar 26, 2014 12:46 AM

Jun 2011
An average episode. Expected much more,..
Ιit's a pity they made only 24 episodes. ;-(
Mar 26, 2014 12:57 AM

Apr 2013
The ending sucked.
Kon stopped being a loligitsune and became older (fuck Hishamaru).
Harutora and Natsume didn't fuck (or something along those lines)
fuck

fuck

fuck
What are you looking here for
Mar 26, 2014 1:19 AM
Mar 2014
From the looks of things, they didn't manage to revive her in the traditional sense, and instead gave Natsume the ability to reincarnate just like Yakou. After all, it was mentioned earlier on that Yakou used the Taizan Fukun ritual to gain the ability to reincarnate.

Then again, I haven't read the LN, so I have no idea if I'm right. Just my two cents.
Mar 26, 2014 1:25 AM
Mar 2014
LGrey said:

BTW, is

Pretty sure Hishamaru forcefully breaking the seal returned Yakou's memories. Though it did sound like it would break her memories for a bit there. :P
Mar 26, 2014 2:28 AM

Oct 2010
I don't think there has been one anime with a good ending this season, and Tokyo Ravens is no exception. Sure, it seemed good, but a lot was left untold. What the hell does "kind of" mean? Now, if they do a second season, explaining this "who the fuck knows" ending, then, I could consider this a good ending to a first season.
Mar 26, 2014 2:29 AM

Mar 2012
Wasn't a fan of the series but it did have its moments so it wasn't too bad.

6/10 for me.
Mar 26, 2014 2:31 AM

Oct 2013
monokuma-k said:
I don't think there has been one anime with a good ending this season, and Tokyo Ravens is no exception. Sure, it seemed good, but a lot was left untold. What the hell does "kind of" mean? Now, if they do a second season, explaining this "who the fuck knows" ending, then, I could consider this a good ending to a first season.

Natsume's revival was a partial success. That's it.
Mar 26, 2014 2:35 AM

Feb 2012
I still like Kon's little cute form better than the badass Hishamaru. But I like the medium size Kon with longer hair (1st time she met Yakou) than the smaller one.

Sorta pissed though that they revived Natsume. I mean it's good she's back and all that, but that just isn't fair to Suzuka who also wanted her brother back yet was interrupted by Harutora and Natsume.

Suzuka is still my favorite girl here, next being Kon. It was a good run. 6/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 26, 2014 2:41 AM

Oct 2010
Nuvi said:
monokuma-k said:

Natsume's revival was a partial success. That's it.

That still doesn't explain things. Partial as in what, a zombie, a ghost, a familiar?
Mar 26, 2014 2:49 AM

Oct 2013
Well...it can't be answered here because this is anime discussion board. Check out the LN thread on MAL if you really want to know.
Mar 26, 2014 3:03 AM

Oct 2010
Nuvi said:
Well...it can't be answered here because this is anime discussion board. Check out the LN thread on MAL if you really want to know.

Hmm, I already did that "kind of". However, that ending was a pretty poor way to go about things.
Mar 26, 2014 3:10 AM

Aug 2012
Loved it. 9/10. Hoping for a second season because its definitely needed.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2013

214 by Marthym »»
Aug 28, 2022 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.