Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2014 9:03 AM

Aug 2012
Quite the meh ending in my opinion, rushed, open and I didn't like the outcome.
Mar 26, 2014 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
now we just need the light novels to get further in order to get a second season
Mar 26, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
Does someone know how Harutura got his memories back like that? Was it Kon with the seals thing or was he hit that hard that all of his memories as Yakou came rushing back at him after he woke up. But anyway, really loved this episode! I'm seriously dying for a second season.
Mar 26, 2014 9:23 AM

Aug 2008
This ending was disappointing for so many reasons. No one died in the end, Natsume got resurrected and ended up as the chosen girl and Kon's story was just skimmed over. Compared to that ending with a cliffhanger isn't that bad...

All in all, it was fine for a time killer, but definitely nothing to write home about.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 26, 2014 9:24 AM

Oct 2013
@KimChanx3
Yes, he got his memories back. Hishamaru and Takiko says what shall we call you now...to which he replies "Whatever you wish." Even Reiji says before retreating that Yakou has awakened.
Mar 26, 2014 9:26 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty nice episode and ending. Would be nice if there will be a season 2. 8/10
Mar 26, 2014 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
Damn.. I got a pretty mixed feeling about this. At first I thought there would still be the final 25th episode so I was a little unhappy that I'd need to wait a whole week. Then after seeing the ending of this episode I went to check how many episodes there are in this anime and to my surprise it was the final. Not sure if I should be happy or sad about it :S
Mar 26, 2014 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
Forget Natsume, Kon Hishamaru is all you need.
Mar 26, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2011
The scene at the end was cute.

More Yakou please!
Mar 26, 2014 10:08 AM

Aug 2010
@Nuvi

True, but I actually meant 'how' it happened that he remembered being Yakou. Was it because of Kon opening her seals, or was it because of the sword hit which I suppose would give him a rather harsh head ace. Or did it just happen randomly?
Mar 26, 2014 10:34 AM

Nov 2012
Why didn't Kon stay in the teenage form...., she was a million times cuter and more attractive...., adult form looks really lame.

Teenage form Kon probably had a chance to win the Torabowl but adult form has nothing on Natsume.
Mar 26, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 2011
Harutoara x Natsume Moments I was tearing up T__T So beautiful!!
Mar 26, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2010
The episode was really a great finisher. Of course it had it's disappointments, but a sequel season/movie can really fix this. A move or 12-episode sequel would be the best thing ever in my opinion.

But Harutora was soooooooooo badass in the end. Same goes for the Nakama. Man, this show ended so well. And the not-played ED was a big miss imo, I had to play it myself.

1. Characters. +1. Such awesome characters - starting with my faves, Touji and Suzuka, and then Harutora(and to some extent Natsume) who got such a good development that finally made him a great character. The side characters were enjoyable as well.
2. Atmosphere. +1. It was good enough, I never felt it lacking.
3. OST. +1. The soundtrack is kick-ass for the most of it, but the real killer is the 2nd ED imo - it's just the best ED this season, staying above even Noragami(which had a great ED in my opinion). It's one of the best EDs at all nonetheless.
4. Animation. +1. It didn't have the best quality but it was really good for the show, it fitted it perfectly somehow.
5. Background story. +1. The background on Yakou, which seemed lame to me initially, and everything about Onmyoo magic turned really well later on, especially when it connected with the present happenings.
6. Storyline. +1. It wasn't the best storyline ever but it developed steadily since the very first episode to the last one. I think that this show may be exemplar on how a storyline should be dealt with.
7. Ending. +1. I love it for some reason, even though it didn't really give us clear answers about some things. What I loved the most about it was Harutora's decision to follow the path he saw before him and the Nakama's decision and resolve. I can't remember the last time an ending satisfied me so well, while leaving me asking for more.
8. Drama. +1. The drama in this anime eventually developed very well and affected me much better than even animes with a stronger level of drama.
9. Overall affect. +1. For most of it's duration I didn't feel like it was the best or the most interesting anime ever, but when everything is said and done I really liked it, and eventually came to love it more and more as the last episodes were coming.
10. Bonus score: +1. Because I really love this show. Because of how awesome Touji was. Because of how awesome Suzuka was. Because of how awesome Harutora became eventually. Because of how good of a character Natsume developed to be. Because of the great onmyoo fights. Because every time I hear the last ED I'll be reminded of how I loved the show.
Overall score: 9/10 objectively, 10/10 personally. It might be a bit unfair to animes with a greater overall quality, but in the end isn't it the most important if we love the anime we're watching no matter if it's the best one or not?
Mar 26, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2010
Jagd84 said:
Uncanny said:
I enjoyed the episode even though I barely understood it, since I watched it raw.
Really hoping that there will be a second season, haven't read the LN so I don't know if there's more of a storyline or not. :B

Season 2 happening will depend on how much of a boost the LN themselves got from the anime. it come anytime so though since as Nuvi said, not enough material.

Yeah I was worried about that. Thank you for the extra information though.
Mar 26, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2011
Finally Hishamaru appears! Shes so beautiful. And finally Kakugyoki had some action as well.

Great final episode. I love the Suzuka scenes of this episodes and how she'll sacrifice herself for Harutora and crying neat the end talking about Yakou taking over Harutora.

Cant believe Ashiya became Ohtomos shikigami, thats a big surprise for me.

Great series, this has been one of my 2 favourite 2 cour shows right beside StB. Love the story about the supernatural and it had quite a modern take on it.

The character designs were great, really GREAT Im in love with everyone of them cept maybe Tenma. But I love the design of their uniforms best, they are just so cool with cape like extensions behind them and look so formal and refine.

The 1st OP was AWESOME, love Maon. It was so upbeat and the scenes match the song really well. The 1st ED was really peaceful and a beautiful way to end every episode. Not a big fan of the 2nd OP cause of the numerous reused scenes and the song is pretty average. The 2nd ED is quite good cause im being biased for Mami Kawada. It also sticks to the theme of the 1st ED by using real life scenes.

All in all, i just absolutely love this series and cant wait to purchase the LN. 10/10
Mar 26, 2014 12:48 PM
Feb 2013
Not much of a good ending.
Mar 26, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
So it's finally over. But the ending didn't feel right and many questions were left unanswered.

Always-HungryJun 22, 2014 11:49 AM
Mar 26, 2014 1:19 PM

Oct 2012
Its over~ Lots of action this episode. Hishamaru and Yakoutora etc. The end was kinda fuzzy for me but reading what the LN readers said made it easier to understand. I hope there'll be a season 2 someday :D
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Mar 26, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2013
So Natsume isn't fully alive from what I can tell, maybe she is like queuing up or something. This anime definitely got a few .1's from them actually kissing in the end. A lot of shows tease you and make you wait and wait and wait. Boom they kissed at the end of the first season. I really don't understand why the ogre guy is apart of Yokou's crew.

As for the anime in the whole, if episode 13-24 was alone. I would give the second half a 10/10. That was a badass second half. With the more school/learning anime with a few yakou devotee dummy fights I'll bring a mean score of 8.3.

I wouldn't mind a second season but I wouldn't be that sad if something happens and we don't because it was a satisfy ending.
Mar 26, 2014 2:36 PM
Mar 2012
I don't know... Strange last episode.
Tons of half-explained stuff happened then the ritual itself is brushed over, apparently some clapping and glimmer are enough to bring people back from the dead (or nealry, or they thought it was, or half-back, or whatever) and Harutora suddenly became super-cool. Plus I always dislike friends having to fight each other.

But overall it was a good series. I really liked Touji.
Mar 26, 2014 2:39 PM

Jan 2014
CLIFFHANGER!!!! Dang..........well considering the circumstances it was to be expected.

Also WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK!? Kon just Mega Evolved!? No kidding there, she did.

Now things are likely going to get heated up. The Agency showed its corrupted colours, but there are apparently as many supports for a,b,c reasons as there are oppositors, and some if not all the Onmyo School are part of the latter. Harutora bids goodbye, Suzu and the red-hair whose name I forgot I dunno why but started this mess, also goes her own way.

Anyway, Ohtomo asking Douman to be his familiar, sorta expected that, since Douman is far too powerful and too involved with him to be left out. This only shows how serious business will turn into.

All that's left to do is read the novels, and as I see it, things are going into a war between factions and a Harutora manhunt, or so I believe.

Anyway nice series 9/10.
Mar 26, 2014 2:56 PM
Aug 2013
RazorRamona200 said:

Always-Hungry said:
So it's finally over. But the ending didn't feel right and many questions were left unanswered. Overall it was a fun watch.

6/10.

I agree with both of you. The anime was VERY good until the ending. It was 8/10 for me the whole time - until the last episode. That screwed things up.
I reaaally loved how Kon turned out / transformed. "Awesome!" I said. But then I looked at the time: 9 minutes have passed - 11 mins remained. I knew it that they will mess up the ending. That's just not enough time for a good ending! And what about the ritual, Natsume, Kon, and the other Familiar? What happened to Yakou/Harutora? Is this the ending that we, or the series really deserved after that fantastic 23 episodes?!

The ending was - simply - messed up. Confusing... it felt like I wasn't even watching TR... it was unnatural, hasted, and yes (again): messed up. But still, the rest of the show was good, so... I guess 5/10 for the ending, and 8/10 for the rest 23 episodes.

But I guess I won't like Yakoutaru so much in the future. I want Baka Harutora back.....
Mar 26, 2014 3:05 PM

Mar 2014
I loved the kiss scene, fine ending.
Glad to see Kon's true face as Hishamaru and Harutora became badass-style :D

Overall 6/10!
Mar 26, 2014 3:10 PM

Mar 2010
prometheusx said:
RazorRamona200 said:

Always-Hungry said:
So it's finally over. But the ending didn't feel right and many questions were left unanswered. Overall it was a fun watch.

6/10.

I agree with both of you. The anime was VERY good until the ending. It was 8/10 for me the whole time - until the last episode. That screwed things up.
I reaaally loved how Kon turned out / transformed. "Awesome!" I said. But then I looked at the time: 9 minutes have passed - 11 mins remained. I knew it that they will mess up the ending. That's just not enough time for a good ending! And what about the ritual, Natsume, Kon, and the other Familiar? What happened to Yakou/Harutora? Is this the ending that we, or the series really deserved after that fantastic 23 episodes?!

The ending was - simply - messed up. Confusing... it felt like I wasn't even watching TR... it was unnatural, hasted, and yes (again): messed up. But still, the rest of the show was good, so... I guess 5/10 for the ending, and 8/10 for the rest 23 episodes.

But I guess I won't like Yakoutaru so much in the future. I want Baka Harutora back.....

There really isn't anything really confusing about the ending. Harutora is not gone, his past and present memories have just merged. Natsume's alive, but with complications. That's it really.
Mar 26, 2014 3:11 PM

Dec 2010
the BGM that played during natsume's revival was one of the best i've heard in a looong looong time. Maybe the piano piece itself wouldn't have been so affecting and moving alone, but that particular scene, with its epilogue-ish vibe and the main characters all looking at the beautiful sunrise and that yellow light descending and the harutora-hishamaru-kakugyouki trio performing/looking at the taizan fukuun ritual was just spectacular. I wouldve given this anime a 6 or 7, but that particular scene and this episode overall made it a good 8. Scenes like those aren't found alot. I wonder if someone with good sense actually took over and made things better after the first half and delivered such a moving finale. Infact, its impossible to believe that a show so mediocre in its first half can deliver such a finale at the end. Kudos. Definitely good. so want a second season, but no source material T-T i can wait though. i'll wait even 3 or 5 years,i just hope the BD sales are boosted by this anime so a sequel can be made
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Mar 26, 2014 3:37 PM

Mar 2010
The first half isn't mediocre, it's basically why second half came out as strong as did. It set framework, foundation and built the bonds between the characters needed to drive it.
Mar 26, 2014 3:48 PM

Dec 2010
Jagd84 said:
The first half isn't mediocre, it's basically why second half came out as strong as did. It set framework, foundation and built the bonds between the characters needed to drive it.
No, actually the second half built all of the things to the finale and even then it was good. The first half was there to build things upto the douman fight and had way more "climatic" scenes than the second half, it was just poor execution that plagued it and was the reason why it came off as so weak. I can tell you a number of scenes that directly evidence this but i'm too lazy/sleepy right now
Maybe tomorrow
And all im saying is that the first half could have been better handled and the fact that so many people realized that the second half progressively developed into a better show, clearly is proof that there were some notable glitches in the first half, that werent exclusively inherent to the plot.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Mar 26, 2014 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
Douman became Ootomo's familiar.....I swear , they're the 2 most badass characters in the anime. Nice ending not sad , not happy but just enough , and it never occured to me that that one armed guy would be Yakou's familiar.
Mar 26, 2014 4:16 PM

Jan 2013
Kon digivolve to!!!

Hishamaru
Mar 26, 2014 4:21 PM

Jan 2013
GGNoodles said:
Natsume thought she was dreaming, including the kiss.
Harutora left because he reincarnated himself for a reason other than rolling around in a futon with Natsume. He has his list of things to do as Yakou and left for that. But with regards to why he didnt bring her with him, its up to speculation. It may or may not have to do with the Taizun Fukun ritual.
True men roll around in the futon before they depart, if you know what i mean...
Mar 26, 2014 4:48 PM

Mar 2010
Sam1198777 said:
Jagd84 said:
No, actually the second half built all of the things to the finale and even then it was good. The first half was there to build things upto the douman fight and had way more "climatic" scenes than the second half, it was just poor execution that plagued it and was the reason why it came off as so weak. I can tell you a number of scenes that directly evidence this but i'm too lazy/sleepy right now
Maybe tomorrow
And all im saying is that the first half could have been better handled and the fact that so many people realized that the second half progressively developed into a better show, clearly is proof that there were some notable glitches in the first half, that werent exclusively inherent to the
pot.

No all the stuff came from the first half, Taizan Fukun Ritual, Yakou's background, Twin Horn Syndicate, Ohtomo and D's history, the character bonding and development, such as Harutora's relationship with each member of cast including stuff on Suzuka, Touji and backgrounds etc. There is no way everything would have come together at end without those moments. The main part of the second half was test those bonds and expand on the things introduce then. I seriously suggest you which again with the knowledge you have now and you will see all the threads and clever bits that was always there.
Iron_MawMar 26, 2014 4:57 PM
Mar 26, 2014 5:16 PM

Jul 2012
The ending, what was that, is that it? I hope there is a second season to this series.
On another the series as a whole was very good, much enjoyment.

Great series!!!
Mar 26, 2014 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
Definitely a good anime and much better than I expected. I had a really mixed opinion about it in the 1st half but things started rolling in the 2nd.

I also want to applaud TR for this ending. It provided good closure while setting itself up for a sequel.

7/10
Mar 26, 2014 7:11 PM

Oct 2009
That ending was horrible! And Kon! Wai did you have to go and get big!?
GogettersMar 26, 2014 7:19 PM
Mar 26, 2014 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
I think i found this kinda meh to be honest... but I guess the music kinda felt nice... plus that ending..

8/10
Mar 26, 2014 7:43 PM

Apr 2013
I wasn't crazy about this show as a whole, but the last few episodes have been very good.
Mar 26, 2014 8:20 PM

Apr 2012
This was kind of happy end but it also left many questions :/
Mar 26, 2014 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
Very solid ending. Nice kiss scene dream. 6/10 as a whole
Mar 26, 2014 9:13 PM

Mar 2010
KhanhCPham said:
This show has its ups and downs but yet it has some unique charm. Maybe the series as a whole needed better direction because some climatic moment could have been handled much better. I prefer this series more than strike the blood.

Well 8 bit did adapt 9 novels into 2 cours which is extremely rare, but it came out quite good overall despite omittings of stuff here and there and some compression of a couple of volumes. You could have gotten a lot worse from most adaptations. No anime original ending is a nice bonus too.
Iron_MawMar 27, 2014 1:27 AM
Mar 26, 2014 9:53 PM

Mar 2014
Nice Ending.Specially the kiss scene
Mar 26, 2014 11:17 PM

Jun 2007
POST ANIME DEPRESSION :(((((((((((((

Loved this anime series. Rated it 7/10, loved the build up throughout the series until the climax. Bam. Serious ending done. Now I got post anime depression :(((
Live your life of freedom
Live it to the fullist~
Mar 27, 2014 3:43 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This anime seemed rather average (with the occasional cool Kon scene) until this final episode. This feels like a good setup for a cool second season.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 27, 2014 5:44 AM
Mar 2014
why i feel like being ignore by every one can any one say hi to me please

my questions is on page 6 and no one even bother answering.

i just want to know if natsume is as sleep or dead

sad i feel like being shune
Mar 27, 2014 6:11 AM

Jun 2012
There's got to be a second season. Too much shit left unexplained. I'm guessing Hishamaru was Yatou's lover.
Mar 27, 2014 6:53 AM

Mar 2010
KCdiez said:
why i feel like being ignore by every one can any one say hi to me please

my questions is on page 6 and no one even bother answering.

i just want to know if natsume is as sleep or dead

sad i feel like being shune

Read this thread:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1107347
Mar 27, 2014 9:00 AM

Mar 2012
Kon being badass; shows she is the best character; though preferred her to stay as a loli.

Anyway, pretty decent anime. Reading the threads here made me understand things a little bit better. 6/10
Mar 27, 2014 12:38 PM

Nov 2013
gino_san said:
Douman became Ootomo's familiar.....I swear , they're the 2 most badass characters in the anime. Nice ending not sad , not happy but just enough , and it never occured to me that that one armed guy would be Yakou's familiar.

My favorite part and characters of the whole anime.
Mar 27, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2011
Govna navernyl v itoge. 4/10
Mar 27, 2014 2:37 PM

Oct 2009
Adult Kon!! o.o! Kon>Hishamaru :D Anyways I thought she lost her past memories by releasing her seal? But she seems to remember everything?

Ootomo makes Douman his Shikigami like a boss!

Wait so is Natsume really revived or not :/ That last scene with the kiss was real nice~♥

I really liked the show from the beginning unlike most of the others but yes second half was excellent!
The whole Onmyoji thing has always fascinated me, this the best show that utilizes them thus far.
I really want a second season :(, hopefully once the LN is far enough we'll get an OVA series at least.

8/10
Mar 27, 2014 5:48 PM

Mar 2013
Cool One-eyed badass Harutora ( or Yakou... )
The ending was great, Haven't read the LN (yet), So I'm kindof hung here :D
Liked it; So I give it a 4,5/5 xD
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2013

214 by Marthym »»
Aug 28, 2022 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.