Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 16, 2014 5:24 AM

Nov 2010
Nice romance story told in just a merely 25 minutes
It was understandable and everything was there
I like to play things by ear as well when I hear some good soundtracks or music

Sneaky way to get a girl like Juri that was labeled as a weirdo in her younger years

There was a nice "Guilty Crown" reference and the dreams looked like "No. 6 http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/2/29759l.jpg"
Although I've never seen that, but recognized the clothing from the poster

It was very enjoyable to me overall
I wouldn't mind a full series or OVA/Movie of it like last years "Little Witch Academia"
succeeded with a sequel at kickstarter
Apr 16, 2014 7:14 AM

Aug 2013
I liked the portrayal of the characters in a realistic way, especially for a high school setting.

But like other people I'm sure have said, the misunderstanding Juri has that Akoi is like her is somewhat offputting. I can understand that it still be more believable for this to happen instead of the classic "saving the girl", but ending it like that seems almost anti-climatic to me.

On the other hand, Akoi may not be the "same" as Juri, but she opened up to him knowing he had seen the same dream. No one else had before.

Not to mention the dream is literally symbolism of the entire story. Also that ending dream scene with music and color c:
Apr 16, 2014 7:49 AM

Jul 2010
Somebody explain this to me.

So basically, the second track in the iPod kinda made the MC dream about it (cause he's listening to them in his sleep)? Now that he realized that he didn't really genuinely dreamt the same thing, he wanted to apologize but suddenly the misunderstanding grew bigger, but at the same time he kinda "saved" the FeMC because of said misunderstanding?
Apr 16, 2014 8:58 AM

Nov 2012
redd530 said:
Somebody explain this to me.

So basically, the second track in the iPod kinda made the MC dream about it (cause he's listening to them in his sleep)? Now that he realized that he didn't really genuinely dreamt the same thing, he wanted to apologize but suddenly the misunderstanding grew bigger, but at the same time he kinda "saved" the FeMC because of said misunderstanding?

Basically everything was a huge misunderstanding. The MC didn't have the same dream. All he did was listen to the tracks and remembered the info. When he asked about the 3 jars, he was asking about them with the information he got from track 2. Basically all he did was fill in the blanks for the questions the girl was asking. He was not special in any way. He just happened to be the one to hear the track. This could have easily been the douche dude who wanted to be her bf (if he had heard the track).

At the end with the picture, that was the picture the female lead was looking for as it was her favorite. When he redrew it, she mistook that as him having the same dream and drawing that picture from memory. Again another misunderstanding.

Don't get me wrong, the anime was good. But it was not as good as I had thought it was on first watch.
Apr 16, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2009
This was very enjoyable, I wish there was more stuff like this instead of 20 giant robot shows every season. 8/10
Apr 16, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
Oops and here I thought he had the dream at first. I'll have to rewatch it. My first interpretation was that he dreamt the same dream because he was listening to the track with them describing what she saw.
Apr 17, 2014 3:17 AM
Nov 2010
MissileSoup said:
Naxrrhid said:
Fucking perfection!

The only bad thing about it was the length. I hope it gets a longer movie to show a little more of the developing love between the mains. I normally hate anything with drama, but this was drama done right.

So after re-watching it again and taking the time to read some comments, it seems like the male lead didn't have the same dream as her. He just regurgitated what he heard from the 2nd track on the ipod. Also the drawing he made wasn't from memory, he just re-created it from the old one. The female lead thought that he had the same dream and drew that picture of it. Wow, this show just became not so good anymore.

Basically, I was thinking (and hoping) the male lead was someone special, he was someone sent to rescue her. It turns out he didn't even have the dream, everything was a misunderstanding. I feel stupid for thinking this anime was really good now.

No, the male lead isn't a psychic, but he did "rescue" her. He pried open her shell and pulled her away from the world of suppressing her self and creativity. She likes music. The boy likes music. The misunderstanding was the catalyst for her to find someone with whom she can finally connect, without conforming to the "norm" to fit in. It's not as fairytale romance-like as what you first thought it was, but it doesn't take away anything from the story.

Seems like a few of viewers was annoyed at the fact that the MC did not have "special power" and he was just lucky to hear her song tracks.
Well, the guy above [missilesoup] said it right, can't say it better than his. Thanks dude.
Basically, the MC wasn't one who would conform to the norm/mainstream (being a nerd in Japan is not as glorified as some anime/manga made it out to be). Thus the MC was able to enter the heroine's world without much prejudice, without a care about being called weird. That's why he was able to "rescue" her, as the guy above said.
Great animation, great story, great music, great... Yoshiura and Studio Rikka!
Apr 17, 2014 6:34 AM

Aug 2009
WOOOW.. that was pretty fascinating ; u ;
Apr 17, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2008
The ending is kind of devastating. She thinks he sees the same things as her, that she has finally found a reason to not believe what doctors and her parents and kids at school told her about herself.
Apr 17, 2014 6:17 PM
Oct 2011
The MC has special powers. he played the music (she wrote/composed) without knowing the full song... which lead to her giving him her mp3 player.

really don't understand why some of you are dissapointed with the ending.
PudiApr 17, 2014 6:30 PM
Apr 17, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2008
Pudi said:
The MC has special powers. he played the music (she wrote/composed) without knowing the full song... which lead to her giving him her mp3 player.

He has perfect pitch, or something. He was just able to recreate the few seconds of her ring tone from class. He then asked to hear the full song and she she gave him the MP3. If you want to call a rare talent/skill a power, than okay.
Apr 19, 2014 12:53 PM

May 2013
Well that was pretty great. With a couple more episodes this could have been amazing.
Apr 19, 2014 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
I liked it. It delivered a nice vibe. But I think it was too short, expanding the story a bit more wouldn't have hurt.
Apr 19, 2014 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
I've got to say, the symbolism at the end of the full dream sequence shown in the ED was very interesting.

Mamimii said:
I don't really understand Juri's dream, though; is there a point?

It seemed very much like a fantasy version of "Romeo and Juliet" in my opinion. Not sure if anyone else directly thought of that.

Kurini said:
Good decision, main lead! I would have lied at the end like he did.

Oh definitely.

Chaospan said:
Eeeeeh. This type of anime is totally my cup of tea, but I was seriously let down when he discovered the second track. This means that the premise of their possible relationship is false.

I actually like that Honjou lied in order to gain her favour. I honestly did not see that twist coming.

Chaospan said:
That said, the anime's story in itself was kind of BS to me, given that he's essentially no more connected with her than her so-called '(not-)boyfriend.' But at least he likes her dream and doesn't think she's weird.

He probably does think she is weird but accepts it as a perfect imperfection of the girl he has a crush on. :P

skudoops said:
IIRC one of the girls in her class (who I assume knew her from middle school) commented how she was really weird and likely on the same social level as the MC and his friends and only recently changed when she got into HS.

This short made her pretty mysterious and I am actually quite curious about her past relationship (if there is any) with Makina.

skudoops said:
Another thing that I missed on first watch was when the MC gave her the re-done picture. She completely misinterpreted his reasoning for that and likely assumed he drew it based on memory after she said that it was her favourite part. I agree overall that it was embracing your true self and finding someone to connect to(this was especially made clear by the little convo the MC and his friends had).

Oh man, that part was pretty sad. :/

I wonder how long Makina didn't charge her PiePod. It still had juice left after such a long time.
Apr 20, 2014 9:16 AM

Jul 2010
I enjoyed it for what it was, short and beautiful. 8/10
Apr 20, 2014 10:08 PM

Jul 2009
well that was interesting. i like the idea of playing around with different social groups and how each person wears different 'masks' in their lives in order to assimilate and be apart of a certain group. but in the end, it would be nice to find someone who could understand you for who you are.

now the stupid part about this is that the guy ends up being friends (perhaps lovers in the future) due to a misunderstanding. it wouldve been better if he cleared the air and came clean that the dream he saw was induced by the 2nd track which painted the setting and it's not because he's her star crossed lover.

well, in the end i suppose realistically speaking he'll come clean. at the end of the day, he ultimately wants to be apart of her world and see what she sees. so, he'll have the best chance to get together with her. but what about that 'asshole' guy? what if he was willing to do the same and it just so happens he was being a bit of an ass to our MC because he thought he was troubling her with those papers. so, i guess what makes our MC special is simply being in the right place at the right time (maybe some credits can be given to his perfect pitch ability which ultimately gave him the opportunity to juri open up to him -- if only our 'asshole' can have that, huh). overall, i think the writer of this story is pushing it a bit with the whole bishoujo finding her star crossed lover in a relatively ordinary guy.

regardless, 8/10 for telling an elaborate story within such a small time frame.
KurogashiApr 20, 2014 10:11 PM
Apr 21, 2014 12:06 AM

Sep 2011
wait wait wait. If the MC didn't have the dream then what was with the kinda hazzy dream sequence right after he started listening to the first track? Even if he only had that dream because of the second track with all the details, he still had the same dream as her.
ColdXClueApr 21, 2014 12:41 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2014 9:34 PM
Jul 2018

I WANT MORE! I WANT MORE! I WANT MORE!
I really love it. <3
Apr 24, 2014 1:47 AM

Apr 2013
That was really good, short but good, I wouldn't mind a spin off anime purely on her dream, lovely ending song.
You Can't Take the Sky from Me
Apr 24, 2014 5:33 PM

Jan 2013
That was some quality anime.
Hooked me right away, want to know what happened from there.
Apr 24, 2014 8:31 PM

Sep 2011
Brilliant. Probably the best project for anime mirai.
Apr 29, 2014 8:22 PM
Jun 2013
Such a beautiful short, as expected from Yasuhiro Yoshiura. loved the relationship between the two mains, if this gets a series/film sequel, I bet it will be very successful.
May 2, 2014 9:06 AM

Dec 2008
Is this it? There's not going to be more? I could easily watch 25 episodes of this and not get tired! These were 25 minutes well spent.
May 5, 2014 2:01 AM
Aug 2012
Their encounter in the real life almost same as their encounter in the dream.
MC girl meet the boy because of music similar to the dream they had.

So maybe the dream it self depict her future meeting with the boy.
May 5, 2014 10:08 AM

Jan 2012
It was quite nice :)

I really liked the scene where she slapped that other guy ^^' Funny how he was being all weak after that ^^'

I would have liked to see what happens next... cause she seems to misunderstand and I don't see how their possible relationship can go on by continuing to 'lie' :(
May 6, 2014 6:06 AM
May 2014
Tazu said:
Oops and here I thought he had the dream at first. I'll have to rewatch it. My first interpretation was that he dreamt the same dream because he was listening to the track with them describing what she saw.

Wait is this not what happens? I feel like it's what happens because when she asks him how he knows the colors, he says that it must have been in his dream.
May 11, 2014 2:29 AM

Sep 2008
This was really good for a 25 minute movie. Would've liked to see more.

Also, there was a Sakasama no Patema poster in MC's bedroom.
May 12, 2014 4:26 AM
Jul 2010
Yes, the boy MC regurgitated what he heard in the second track. However, he wanted to get with the girl MC in however way he can, and he found a way. The thing was there wasn't any outright deviousness in what he did as his reactions showed someone who was reaching for anything to keep contact with the girl MC. He wasn't trying to be cool as he says. Just that his actions came out that way. And at the end he figured out what happened and just wanted to apologize for what happened. But seeing that he found a connection with her, he seem to hesitate. Then the show ended. His ending words at the fade out pretty much said what he was going to do next.
May 13, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2012
Imagine if the MC didn't actually hear the second track,like how some ipods have to have the repeat button selected to play the next song? So it turns out it actually was a dream based on her song
-The blade of the forefather who introduced the spirit of the roundabout-
May 15, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
wished it was longer~
May 19, 2014 9:47 AM
Apr 2014
In the dream, the boy tapped red/green/blue bottles to play music at the top of a tower.

The bottles correspond to the RGB-color components of a LCD screen, which he tapped to play music at the top of a stairwell.

There were a lot of other parallels too.

Their meeting was clearly foretold by the dream, and definitely more than a mere accident. The boy claimed not to know her world, but once you take a closer look at the dream you can see he was already living in her world... as a main character, no less.

Pretty deep stuff.
n1gn0gMay 19, 2014 1:41 PM
May 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
Beautiful short movie, an interesting story one can easily relate to ^.^
May 23, 2014 4:50 AM

Jun 2012
yeah beautiful and deadly? misunderstanding
May 27, 2014 4:48 AM

Jan 2011
So is the movie that underrated just because of "open" ending? Pity of it.
I was totally satisfied with it and the whole movie felt like a complete story. Very soulful and heartwarming work of art.
InevitabilisMay 27, 2014 4:58 AM
May 29, 2014 6:26 AM

Feb 2011
Much potential , could've been way better if it was a full tv series.
Jun 1, 2014 10:34 AM
Oct 2013
Good animation and nice story, but I was honestly more interested in the dream story, would have preferred to see that more explored
Jun 10, 2014 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
Wow...this was really good! On the one hand, Akio didn't have the dream out of nowhere, but because he was prompted by what was on the iPod. On the other hand, though, he did have it, and it gave him the opportunity to have Juri open up to him. For her part, Juri's really friggin' repressed/suppressed and ashamed of it, which explains why she's so ecstatic when he starts talking about the dream, to the point of freaking Akio out.

The dream itself is one big symbol of what Juri truly wants, which is to feel like she can pursue her dreams without people thinking she's completely mental (if I'm not mistaken, she's made out to be like a savant on the piano or something; or just really inspired in a way most people think is abnormal).

Ultimately, I don't think the fact that he didn't have the dream of his own accord, and thus is not the same as Juri is any sort of a dealbreaker for me. It's funny: if Akio had the same dream as Juri of his own accord, and that was truly how they were similar, it would run counter to what the dream was about. The dream was about being able to truly be yourself with someone else, being able to bare yourself completely before them, without the fear of rejection or of not being accepted. Despite being what Juri latched onto in her frantic outreach, such a superficial similarity would ultimately not give her what she was looking for.

On the other hand, Akio's willingness and desire to "see more of her world", to get to know her better without any reservations, is definitely what Juri is looking for and is what her dream is all about. His more important similarity of knowing what being an outsider feels like, and not being judgmental of Juri as a result is what gets his foot in the door in the first place. If he wasn't like that, he probably would have put the brakes on after Juri started freaking out with excitement at the top of the stairs while talking about her dream, and would have thought she was weird or a freak like everyone did when she was in middle school.

As far as lying to her about the picture he drew goes, Akio seems like a pretty good kid, so he'd probably tell her at some point, and probably sooner rather than later.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Jun 16, 2014 3:59 AM
Dec 2013
Sejin said:
Wow...this was really good! On the one hand, Akio didn't have the dream out of nowhere, but because he was prompted by what was on the iPod. On the other hand, though, he did have it, and it gave him the opportunity to have Juri open up to him. For her part, Juri's really friggin' repressed/suppressed and ashamed of it, which explains why she's so ecstatic when he starts talking about the dream, to the point of freaking Akio out.

The dream itself is one big symbol of what Juri truly wants, which is to feel like she can pursue her dreams without people thinking she's completely mental (if I'm not mistaken, she's made out to be like a savant on the piano or something; or just really inspired in a way most people think is abnormal).

Ultimately, I don't think the fact that he didn't have the dream of his own accord, and thus is not the same as Juri is any sort of a dealbreaker for me. It's funny: if Akio had the same dream as Juri of his own accord, and that was truly how they were similar, it would run counter to what the dream was about. The dream was about being able to truly be yourself with someone else, being able to bare yourself completely before them, without the fear of rejection or of not being accepted. Despite being what Juri latched onto in her frantic outreach, such a superficial similarity would ultimately not give her what she was looking for.

On the other hand, Akio's willingness and desire to "see more of her world", to get to know her better without any reservations, is definitely what Juri is looking for and is what her dream is all about. His more important similarity of knowing what being an outsider feels like, and not being judgmental of Juri as a result is what gets his foot in the door in the first place. If he wasn't like that, he probably would have put the brakes on after Juri started freaking out with excitement at the top of the stairs while talking about her dream, and would have thought she was weird or a freak like everyone did when she was in middle school.

As far as lying to her about the picture he drew goes, Akio seems like a pretty good kid, so he'd probably tell her at some point, and probably sooner rather than later.
+1 i agreeeee with you

This is my one of my favorites! Loved everything about. The VA for the female lead was perfect! Eargasm from her voice. That ED is the best. Looooooove it.
Jun 20, 2014 6:09 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, this was really good. Really liked the voice actors, atmosphere, and the two lead characters. I wish there was some kinda of continuation :/

8/10
Jun 22, 2014 8:40 AM
Jul 2010
mayukachan said:
That was really interesting. There were a few philosophical themes I missed so I will rewatch this later. Will leave at 8/10 Really enjoyed the music theme (even though he said F# when it was actually a G#)

Its in F# minor, i am almost 100% sure.
Jul 1, 2014 2:50 AM

Sep 2011
What a beautiful dream.
Jul 1, 2014 4:00 AM

May 2014
This should've had more running time, like an actual movie to explore its concepts, it has the basis spot on. Nice watch, it's interesting to see Mirai projects such as this.
Jul 5, 2014 5:25 PM

Oct 2013
Wow this was amazing
I wish they would make this into a full series or a longer movie or two it would be hard to piece together but this was jsut fucking amazing
9/10 for me
[/quote]
Jul 12, 2014 8:17 PM

Oct 2007
If you pay attention very closely you will know that Akio has a very good sound-memory which enable him to replay Juri's song from just listen to it once and also from the anime he saw. There are two very reasonable scenarios 1) Akio could have dreamed the same dream while listen to the song. 2) Akio could have materialized the second track/interview into his dream(remember he only jumped into a conclusion that he didn't have the same dream only after he came back home and saw the second track). But I don't think that is the main point of the show.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 16, 2014 9:13 AM

Jun 2013
This was very nostalgic and I enjoyed it. They could have made this into a movie but I guess they were low on budget. 7/10
Aug 25, 2014 11:12 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
That was quite nice.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Sep 7, 2014 7:20 PM

May 2012
Oh man this was totally amazing, the amount of quality put in this single episode was just absolutely amazing! It's been a very long time that I've had such an interesting and emotional link with an anime! This really is something unique and special which I totally enjoyed and on top of that the lovely ED made it almost perfect! 9/10
Sep 7, 2014 9:12 PM

Aug 2013
I think it was amazing, and even if it was only 25 minutes it was pretty good.
Makes you want to watch more.
Sep 8, 2014 4:29 AM

Jul 2010
Loved this short film and music.
Sep 9, 2014 3:40 PM

Dec 2007
i reaaaaaly liked it. but i think it needed more time. maybe just a few more episodes idk. i just watched it and i just want more
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Horror alternative to the episode

Yterbium - Jul 3, 2019

2 by GAkuma »»
Feb 16, 2023 9:10 AM

» Full version of end song?

whitehairgirls - Apr 13, 2014

13 by GAkuma »»
Feb 16, 2023 9:08 AM

» the last scene error - colors & shape

Wannabiteme - Mar 13, 2016

2 by Niello »»
Feb 6, 2018 4:58 AM

» The release status and date for this anime is wrong?

bunny1ov3r - Mar 24, 2014

1 by Summer_Ghost »»
Dec 23, 2014 12:47 PM

» Preview

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

2 by Alumaki »»
Feb 26, 2014 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.