Forum Settings
Forums

Has a show ever made you take a break from Anime?

New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2014 2:23 PM

Nov 2013
Oh yea, some of Shinsekai Yori's episodes made me stop watching for the day.
DGemuApr 10, 2014 8:57 PM
Mar 28, 2014 3:33 PM

Jan 2012
That happened to me recently during this season. I just watched Sonico's third episode, got sick of it, and dropped it. I was barely watching anything for a week or so afterwards and filled the void with manga.
Mar 28, 2014 4:15 PM
Dec 2013
Well, my first ever anime was ouran high school host club, which I hated so much. I had to not watch anime for a while to get around how much I hated it and for a few days, I thought that anime was horrible, when in actual fact, it is epic! Soul eater helped me to recover.
This was the closest I could get to answering.
Mar 29, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2014
Yes. I watched Shugo Chara. Season one was good... Season two was alright... and then I tried soooo hard to watch season three. I made it through one episode, and then ended up taking a six month break from anime. -.-' After that I watched a really amazing anime and started watching other anime again. I will never again try to watch season three of Shugo Chara.
Mar 29, 2014 7:50 PM

Jul 2012
gombo said:
I think Eyeshield 21 got me to stop watching other than weekly Naruto episodes a while back, don't completely remember though. A few times I would take breaks completely when Naruto went on a filler spree.

ES21 was bad? D:

Evangelion made my mind hurt so I took a break from the computer LOL
Mar 29, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
gombo said:
I think Eyeshield 21 got me to stop watching other than weekly Naruto episodes a while back, don't completely remember though. A few times I would take breaks completely when Naruto went on a filler spree.

ES21 was bad? D:

Evangelion made my mind hurt so I took a break from the computer LOL

I only made it about halfway through Eyeshield before I stopped, will pick it up again eventually to give it a fair chance. The character progression was just too slow, in 60 episodes Sena only really learned how to do one thing different from the first episode and it didn't seem like any of the other characters had changed at all.
Mar 29, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2012
@gombo: Try out the manga! It's so good and the art quality is top notch. Idk about the anime but the manga pacing is fantastic as well as the character development.
Mar 29, 2014 8:11 PM

Apr 2012
Evangelion's congratulations ending ( I don't know if you can even consider this a spoiler) because it made 0 sense. I took a long break because I couldn't believe i marathoned through that crap.

Mar 31, 2014 6:11 PM

Nov 2012
So I just watched NANA..... Immediately ran to read the manga... Found out writer is sick and canceled it..........
On to find the nearest sharp object for my wrists :/
Mar 31, 2014 6:13 PM

Nov 2013
No, but some shows have been so good that it has made me not want to watch any more anime for the rest of the day.
Mar 31, 2014 7:40 PM

Jun 2013
AmuxIkutolover said:
Yes. I watched Shugo Chara. Season one was good... Season two was alright... and then I tried soooo hard to watch season three. I made it through one episode, and then ended up taking a six month break from anime. -.-' After that I watched a really amazing anime and started watching other anime again. I will never again try to watch season three of Shugo Chara.

.....Neither have I. That season sucked the life outta me. That was actually the one show that kept me from watching another anime for...2 months, maybe?
Mar 31, 2014 7:44 PM

Nov 2013
Definitely for shows like Clannad: Afterstory, Code Geass, and Monster, and Higurashi because they just really require time to collect your thoughts. (-w-)
"Knowing love isn't a regret that ties you to life. It is the place we should reach on our journey through life."

Mar 31, 2014 7:45 PM

Oct 2013
ArcAdeAlchemist said:
So I just watched NANA..... Immediately ran to read the manga... Found out writer is sick and canceled it..........
On to find the nearest sharp object for my wrists :/

Sick for 4+ years ok......
Mar 31, 2014 7:46 PM

Jun 2012
Everytime I finish Baccano, Summer Wars, or Bebop I just take a short break from anime and watch some live-action stuff for a few days because any anime I watch immediately after is gonna feel hollow unless it's at or near the same level.
Mar 31, 2014 7:50 PM
Mar 2013
Yes for example once i watched hack... and god I hated it I kept taking 2 week breaks from all anime because this series made me feel like anime is pure garbage.
Um and sometimes when I watch something extremely good doesnt happen often but yea, when that happens I ask myself will I find something that is even close to what i just seen? and that usually puts me off for a couple of days.
Mar 31, 2014 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
thisdoesntwork

I guess Shuffle! forced me to take a break.
It was so bad I was afraid of picking another terrible one.

Holy cow it does work :3

Pink yay!
Mar 31, 2014 10:06 PM
Dec 2013
after forcing myself to finish Sankarea
Mar 31, 2014 10:14 PM

Jun 2012
Not in the past couple years but I remember taking a long break after finishing Zeta Gundam for the first time, it was still only a couple weeks.

Everytime I stop watching Anime it's really out of an accumulation of factors, real world problems, accumulation of negative opinions concerning a specific season, lack of time, etc.
Just this season I've stopped watching the ongoing shows like eight weeks back, too hard to keep up.
Mar 31, 2014 10:47 PM

Jun 2009
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Never.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2014 4:02 AM

Nov 2013
Kill la Kill, it was more of the anime community's reception of it though.

I seen episode 3 and seen how hype people were about this and declared,

'Welp, This is what the people want; half naked women with swords, cheaply adding effects to fight scenes, and power ups from retarded ideas such as getting naked, you do that and you have an "epic" anime. If the people want this in anime, the industry is gonna take note of this, and we're gonna get clones or ideas based off of this.'

I almost dropped from my skype group because they were in love with the anime so much.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Apr 1, 2014 4:09 AM

Apr 2014
Guilty crown, after its last episode I don't know why but it made me stop watching anime for a while..
Apr 1, 2014 4:18 AM

May 2013
Well I actually did the opposite. After breaking down watching Clannad, after just a short break I had to watch something funny to get this 'tingling' feeling off my chest. It just kept bugging me and the Clannad songs like Dango just kept pulling me in. It hapenned a few times with other anime but not as much as what Clannad did to me.

Though after a good 2-3 days I can get that 'feeling' off.
Apr 1, 2014 6:47 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
i always watch 3-6 series at a time, so i always have something to watch and i`m probably never gonna have any "big" breaks from anime
Apr 1, 2014 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
yes.When i was watching hellsing i was bored and uninspired to watch anime and i took a week break.If an anime is boring,i'll drop it or put it on hold.
Apr 1, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2014
Pupa...i was puzzled as i why it was rated so low...
I decided to watch it, and now i'm scarred...i had to take a break for a while..
Apr 1, 2014 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
thecescshow said:
I decided to watch it, and now i'm scarred...i had to take a break for a while..

No reason to be scared, they did censor the naked knife in episode 6(?) so it's all safe.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 1, 2014 9:40 AM

Jan 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
thecescshow said:

No reason to be scared, they did censor the naked knife in episode 6(?) so it's all safe.

Episode 6 was where i stopped because it's so cringing and weird...the fact that she kept calling her brother while she ate him make it even more weirder..
Apr 1, 2014 9:42 AM

Feb 2010
thecescshow said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
thecescshow said:

Episode 6 was where i stopped because it's so cringing and weird...the fact that she kept calling her brother while she ate him make it even more weirder..

Well, the weird story was what i expected (I knew about it), the terrible execution and hilarious details were what made it worse than the worst.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 1, 2014 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
thecescshow said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
thecescshow said:

Well, the weird story was what i expected (I knew about it), the terrible execution and hilarious details were what made it worse than the worst.

yeah...in ep2 i couldn't help but laugh when the monster started to cry when her brother approaches it..
Apr 1, 2014 10:47 AM

Oct 2013
I stopped for 3-4 months after watching Angel Beats.I was too much depressed :(
Apr 1, 2014 10:48 AM

May 2012
Gungrave. The ending was so good, it took me a while to process how good it was.
Apr 10, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2012
Phantom requiem almost made me give up on that Entire Genre.
Apr 10, 2014 10:43 AM

Feb 2013
post anime depression is a real thing

but since virtually every anime i watched from last season had a shitty ending, it made me take a break from ongoing stuff
Apr 10, 2014 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
80% of every season literally beg me to take a break from anime... but then I watch a few good anime like WMT series and read great manga like Kingdom so it is fine.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 10, 2014 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
Every time I watch timeless classics such as FLCL or awesome deconstruction such as Madoka magica.They leave me speechless, that good they are.
Apr 10, 2014 7:36 PM
Apr 2014
Yup,
Clannad and Clannad: After story.

Clannad was a bit confusing and i was really impatient at the time, so i had to take a break for about 2~3 months?

When i finished after story i had to take a break in order to process and CRY for about a month (until i heard about Angel beats!. Dragged me back into this cruel yet amazing way of life. ZE WAY OF ZA ANIME).
Apr 10, 2014 7:53 PM

Dec 2012
Not anime as a whole, but Major makes me want to take a break from baseball anime. It's been a great ride but powering through six seasons has taken its toll.
Apr 10, 2014 8:37 PM
Feb 2014
Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 fucked me up for a couple weeks
Apr 10, 2014 10:08 PM
Oct 2010
I think Guilty crown made me take a break for quite some time. Gundam 00 made me take a break for a couple years... it wast just so awful!
Apr 10, 2014 10:52 PM

Jun 2013
Ah... I think I know what you mean. This is what's happening to me now. After finishing Gin no Saji 2, I can't focus on any other anime in my watch list. It's just so good and brilliant that my mind subconsciously think that there would be nothing better than it. (and the manga isn't updated yet *sigh*)
Apr 10, 2014 10:56 PM

Jan 2013
After watching Mirai Nikki, I stopped watching anime for some weeks because I was blinded by its masterpiece I lost my faith in the medium.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 13, 2014 7:29 AM

Nov 2012
I quit woman after Mirai Nikki.
Apr 13, 2014 7:34 AM

Mar 2014
The Second Barrage as a whole Hansel and Gretel made me lose my mojo for a bit, I guess. And/or the Time-Wasting arc of Higurashi. That arc was poo.
Apr 13, 2014 7:37 AM

Aug 2008
Distinctly remember a few that made me want to die; others have been long purged from my memory (as well as my list) for fear of my life.

Da Capo III
Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro Na
Magi
Setokai no Ichizon
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Apr 13, 2014 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
Deserada said:
Distinctly remember a few that made me want to die; others have been long purged from my memory (as well as my list) for fear of my life.

Da Capo III
Magi
Setokai no Ichizon

I remember it being average; was it really that bad that it made you wanna kick the bucket?
Apr 13, 2014 7:58 AM

Jan 2013
Deserada said:

Da Capo III
Magi
Seitokai no Ichizon

I hate harems but I found it to be one of the rare good ones.
TrequartistaApr 13, 2014 8:05 AM
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2012
I didn't care too much for Magi (aside from Sinbad & morgiana) but I wouldn't say it was gut wrenching.....
Apr 13, 2014 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
mythical020 said:
Ah... I think I know what you mean. This is what's happening to me now. After finishing Gin no Saji 2, I can't focus on any other anime in my watch list. It's just so good and brilliant that my mind subconsciously think that there would be nothing better than it. (and the manga isn't updated yet *sigh*)

Check out Uchuu Kyoudai! Same type of comedy, the whole "reach your dreams" kind of theme and even more :D They both focus on non-mainstream topics: Space & Agriculture.

Ratohnhaketon said:
Not anime as a whole, but Major makes me want to take a break from baseball anime. It's been a great ride but powering through six seasons has taken its toll.

It made me take a break from sports anime for me.
Apr 13, 2014 2:46 PM
Jan 2014
GENERALxRAIDEN said:
Steins;Gate is the only anime I can think of where I need a grace period before watching another anime. If I don't take some time after watching it then I unintentionally end up comparing the anime I'm watching to Steins;Gate and it ruins the viewing experience.
This same thing happened to me but with different animes. after completing angel beats i went straight into clannad and it ruined the whole series for me. i don't have an exact reason why it did but it just did. also almost done with steins; gate its awesome
Apr 13, 2014 6:23 PM

Jun 2013
Clannad. I watched the first episode because I was curious about why everyone praised it. I then took a few hours to ponder what is wrong with humanity, why everyone is an idiot, and when did we take a wrong turn.

Then I watched something good.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 6 hours ago

26 by Zimmu »»
1 minute ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

50 by Zimmu »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 5 hours ago

9 by TRC_Randy »»
23 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 10 hours ago

9 by velvetnyan »»
24 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

70 by Pikmin404 »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.