Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
I agree that fairy tail is really bad story wise, but I actually like the characters and the manga keeps me entertained.
Mar 28, 2014 9:45 PM

May 2013
Dark_Messiah said:
Avarici0us said:
Behemoth11 said:
Fairy Tail is good the way it is.

Contra:

-sometimes far too little fanservice

You don't have to like FT, but I'm more pleased with it than with Naruto and Bleach.

How the hell is Nakama power a pro? Please tell me your joking...
better than talk no jutsu?

Except it's not.
Mar 28, 2014 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
Avarici0us said:
Dark_Messiah said:
Avarici0us said:
Behemoth11 said:

Contra:

You don't have to like FT, but I'm more pleased with it than with Naruto and Bleach.

Except it's not.

I personally like it better than Talk no Jutsu, but that I think comes down to personal preference. I like that Fairy Tail doesn't take several pages per chapter trying to explain every little detail, no matter how insignificant. On the one hand, not much at ALL is ever explained in FT. On the other, more time for silliness and action.

Just my personal preference though, I think it's different for everyone. I like all the nakama power ups and all that as silly as they may be, but I grew up watching Sailor Moon sooo... Yeah. =)
Mar 29, 2014 7:43 AM

Jun 2011
Amberleh said:
Avarici0us said:
Dark_Messiah said:
Avarici0us said:
Behemoth11 said:

Contra:

Except it's not.

I personally like it better than Talk no Jutsu, but that I think comes down to personal preference. I like that Fairy Tail doesn't take several pages per chapter trying to explain every little detail, no matter how insignificant. On the one hand, not much at ALL is ever explained in FT. On the other, more time for silliness and action.

Just my personal preference though, I think it's different for everyone. I like all the nakama power ups and all that as silly as they may be, but I grew up watching Sailor Moon sooo... Yeah. =)

I'd personally say that Nakama Power isn't a bad thing if it's used properly, such as during a final stretch to seal victory as a form of willpower. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. That's how I see it though I generally don't have many problems with it.

OT: It's an enjoyable read so why not? I do like how While it does "trim the fat" that most other battle manga tend to have (and I like that "fat"), it's got it's own charm (likable characters and stuff) and as such is a fun read. And I can tell Mashima is enjoying his work with all those double issues and stuff~
SolosMar 29, 2014 10:19 AM

Mar 29, 2014 7:58 AM

Dec 2012
Mashima isn't even trying, so I can't really judge him for higher standards. I would do the same, if I were in his position, it's a job in the end.
Mar 29, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2010
I've been a fan go Mashima work and I am very interested in how the story goes,very entertaining,love the fanservice.
The story is strong I love the mystery.
Mar 29, 2014 5:20 PM

Mar 2012
I used to like Erza too back in the day, but she's changed SO much from the beginning of the series. I get the general impression that fanservice and fanshipping is what you all like about FT. That's pretty hilarious. kthxbai
Mar 29, 2014 6:18 PM

Nov 2011
Smooched said:
I used to like Erza too back in the day, but she's changed SO much from the beginning of the series. I get the general impression that fanservice and fanshipping is what you all like about FT. That's pretty hilarious. kthxbai

Well there's nothing wrong with that, and I like it for a few other reasons but I try to avoid mentioning those here because it just starts arguments.

What about you? You have Mira Nikki in your favorites, which is strange considering it looks like you usually enjoy intelligent and well-written series, which Mirai Nikki is... Not... At all...

Not trying to say "LOL WELL YOU LIKE THIS TRASH SO THERE", but trying to point out that you enjoy a series that is generally agreed upon by many to be truly terrible- so-bad-its-good, yet you're trying to make us feel bad for liking Fairy Tail.

Seems a little silly to me, wouldn't you agree? I can understand if you came in here genuinely curious why we all like it, but your last statement seems to imply that you think less of us for liking it, yet I would think that if someone started trash talking MN you'd be rather annoyed.

Edit: Let me clarify that I am in no way bashing upon you for liking Mirai Nikki, but rather trying to point out that you enjoy a series that many people consider bad, so I do not see why you feel the need to come here and do the same for Fairy Tail. We're all free to like whatever we like for whatever reasons we like. Hell, I actually only gave FT a 6- I know it isn't great, but I don't care, I still like it.
AmberlehMar 29, 2014 6:28 PM
Mar 29, 2014 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
Dark_Messiah said:
Avarici0us said:
Behemoth11 said:

Contra:

I don't get what the problem is with either. Early on in Fairy Tail it was stated that Natsu's flames get stronger depending on his emotion. Early on in Naruto it was stated that Naruto has the power to change people, plus talk no jutsu fits because Kishi is trying his hardest to make Naruto a philosophical manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2014 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
Classic "how can you hate on this series when you like this series". Won't even reply to things like that. Idc if you have a PHD in dissecting someone`s list.

My point is that FT has degraded to shit, and wanted to see why you would still read this shit. When I see tits and ass being spammed in this thread, it shows how shit this shit really is. Personally, I already invested quite of bit of time on keeping up with the story, and might as well finish it up.
SmoochedMar 29, 2014 7:41 PM
Mar 29, 2014 7:41 PM

Nov 2011
Smooched you made it very obvious that you did not read my post.

My point was that what is your purpose in coming here to the FT forum and hating on it? Wouldn't it bother you if someone did that for a series YOU like?

We're all free to what we like. You included. =/
Mar 29, 2014 7:43 PM

Mar 2012
Okay, let's not discuss manga on a manga forum
Mar 29, 2014 7:46 PM

Nov 2011
Smooched said:
Okay, let's not discuss manga on a manga forum

You're avoiding my question.

In my initial post, which you did not read, I said that I understand being curious as to why people like it, but when people gave you legitimate reasoning you gave a rather passive-aggressive response.

You do not seem to be here for discussion. You seem only to be here to insult the tastes of others. =/
Mar 29, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2012
Make a thread like this about one of my favorite shows. I'll show you how to respond properly.
Mar 29, 2014 7:48 PM

Mar 2012
How am I insulting anyone here. I frown @ those who give me tits and ass responses. Stop being so sensitive missy.
Mar 29, 2014 7:49 PM

Nov 2011
Smooched said:
Make a thread like this about one of my favorite shows. I'll show you how to respond properly.

That's the thing, people DID respond properly. Your response back to them was:

Smooched said:
I get the general impression that fanservice and fanshipping is what you all like about FT. That's pretty hilarious. kthxbai

It wasn't a "Oh well that's interesting, I disagree". No, it was "LOL wow you guys are stupid", but worded in a much more condescending way.

And I'm not being sensitive, I'm pointing out that YOU brought up a discussion but were unable to actually DISCUSS.
Mar 29, 2014 8:03 PM

Mar 2012
You see, you're contradicting yourself (not discussing) by not disputing the fact that I said FT is SUCK (and it does for the past 2 arcs) and diverge into something I SPECIFICALLY told you not to do

inb4 u tell me to stop reading and stop hating but FT is suck

Now, if you would drop this back and forth and give me something interesting to respond tom that'd be nice!
Mar 29, 2014 8:11 PM

Nov 2011
Actually, there are like 2 pages of interesting things for you to respond to, if you can be bothered to read the comments for a thread you started. =)

And I'm not contradicting myself at all. Quite the contrary, what I said seems to have worked, but naturally this being the internet you are trying to cover this up by pinning the current problem upon myself. Which doesn't bother me at all, if that's what you feel you must do to save face. =)

Now, feel free to go respond to the other posts in the thread as you have yet to do so for any of them.

Have a lovely night!
Mar 29, 2014 8:13 PM

Mar 2012
kk bye bye smiley face girl, shippers are unwanted here :(
Mar 29, 2014 9:44 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty much everybody admitted that they were reading it for the fanservice and/or incoming romance, nearly nobody is here for the story.

So what is exactly the problem, you've made your point no? People implicitely agreed with you that the story was crap. At last nobody pretended that Mashima was a fantastic story teller here. There is no point in arguing.
Mar 29, 2014 10:20 PM

Dec 2012
Amberleh said:

What about you? You have Mira Nikki in your favorites, which is strange considering it looks like you usually enjoy intelligent and well-written series, which Mirai Nikki is... Not... At all...

Mirai Nikki is better written than Fairy Tail for the most part. It did what it tried to do decently.

Some wannabe critics saying it's bad, doesn't have any effect on other people's perception of it's quality.

short_review said:
Pretty much everybody admitted that they were reading it for the fanservice and/or incoming romance, nearly nobody is here for the story.

Don't forget Erza.
Mar 30, 2014 4:43 AM

Feb 2014
short_review said:
At last nobody pretended that Mashima was a fantastic story teller here.

IMO, he did a pretty good job in this area for Rave Master.
Mar 30, 2014 5:47 AM

Jun 2012
The art, some cool character designs, it's easy to laugh at

Oh, and like Naruto a few characters are left that I kinda like
Mar 30, 2014 2:00 PM
Feb 2013
acnologia, igneel and the other first gen dragon slayers dragons, zeref, lumen histiore, how does zeref know natsu? how does natsu vaguely remembers wendy? the death of Lucy's mom, plus a few other things like this is why i still read.

oh also shipping.
Mar 30, 2014 8:25 PM

Dec 2012
I read it for my Gray-sama ♥, Gruvia and lighthearted comedy type moments. The action is decent as well.
Mar 30, 2014 10:37 PM
Dec 2013
tsudecimo said:
Amberleh said:

Mirai Nikki is better written than Fairy Tail for the most part. It did what it tried to do decently.

Some wannabe critics saying it's bad, doesn't have any effect on other people's perception of it's quality.

thats your opinion , many people think the FT story is well written and many dont , but Mirai Nikki stinks and boring as hell , IMO
Mar 30, 2014 11:15 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Locked.
Since most of the replies are fine I wanted to keep this thread open and only clean a bit and modify the first post so it wouldn't result in trolling or a flame war. But OP is baiting in basically every post which means he's not interested in a constructive discussion, so I'm locking it before it really turns into a flame war. If you have a negative opinion that's fine, but then please make a constructive/civil discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.