Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2009 7:42 AM
Mar 2009
I am incredibly surprised to find that I'm the first one to mention liking this line:

"What perfectly timed irregular climate change!"

Also, would've loved to see Kyon beat the crap out of Haruhi, but as I knew that that wouldn't happen, there being more books and all, so he obviously wouldn't have, cos the world would've ended right there, then when Koizumi stopped him, I was expecting him to go "let go Koizumi." Drop his fist and say, "I quit, no insubordination? Then I'm no longer your 'subordinate.'" That would've really changed it and given him even more backbone than he already showed.

Nagato is awesome as always, why has noone motted the new hurt shots into the old 'tis but a scratch mot?

And I'm really wishing that Mikuru had been designed with blue eyes from the start. She's so much better looking with those.

Also, Koizumi is finally starting to be less gay and more cool. I especially liked how he questioned whether Kyon was as level-headed as he was supposed to be, how he went with Kyon on not doing the kiss scene (thus disobeying Haruhi, something he doesn't do), and now he's showing clear irritation at Haruhi's powers after she stopped being depressed. He's all like "Couldn't you have cheered her up another way?" He obviously did NOT like the cherry blossom stunt.

Can't wait to see how he reacts to the talking cat.

Sep 4, 2009 7:51 AM
Dec 2007
UnknownFact said:
Am I the only person to start to NOT like Haruhi at all?
She's incredibly selfish what an unreasonable woman...

She's always been a selfish bitch. Which make her an interesting and kinda cute character though.

Great ep with a great drama scene and a great reconciliation scene at the end. Nice direction too.

vinesage said:
ps: is it just me or does that the "fight" scene in Tsuruyas room seem like totally made in 3D? maybe its because the light effect etc.... (i prefer 2D drawings much better)

It was due to light effects, but that definitely seemed strange, you're right.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 4, 2009 7:54 AM

Nov 2008
Well, Haruhi's crossed from being a bitch to being the biggest bitch in the whole, wide world. Can't blame Kyon for snapping. =P
Sep 4, 2009 8:17 AM

Apr 2008
FlashFumo said:
Well, Haruhi's crossed from being a bitch to being the biggest bitch in the whole, wide world. Can't blame Kyon for snapping. =P

Mmm, but how many people think that are also obsessed with Asahina... so kind of biased opinion. :-p

I personally think kyon is the idiot, his inner dialogue really starts to annoy me.
Sep 4, 2009 8:20 AM

Oct 2008
I loved this episode so much! It almost made me forget the Endless Eight arc.

Intense!

<3 cherry blossom in fall because Haruhi wants to<3

Only a vampire can love you forever.
Sep 4, 2009 9:10 AM

Oct 2008
Yep, it's a tense epi. Poor Mikuru.
I did want to punch Haruhi on her face myself too, but seeing the ponytail made me almost forgive her immediately...
Sep 4, 2009 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
Lvhina said:
FlashFumo said:

Mmm, but how many people think that are also obsessed with Asahina... so kind of biased opinion. :-p

I personally think kyon is the idiot, his inner dialogue really starts to annoy me.

we heard you the first 2 times :\
Might as well get used to it, Kyon never leaves this mode, ever
Sep 4, 2009 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
I'm not that annoyed by Kyon's inner dialogue. Some of the things he says are wise and clever.

I'm more annoyed by... Koizumi. He just goes on and on about his theories of Haruhi. He's smart too, but he really talks a lot. I can also tell that Kyon is annoyed by him too.
Sep 4, 2009 9:40 AM

Feb 2009
O.O wow I wonder what kind of hell Haruhi would have unleash if she had gotten slap by Kyon, she would have totally deserve it. You don't spike your friend drink this is a big no no!
Sep 4, 2009 9:46 AM

Jan 2009
As much as I didn't like the idea of Asahina's drink being spiked. It was hilarious seeing her all drunk.

If Kyon bitch-slapped Haruhi, pretty much the world will EXPLODE.
Sep 4, 2009 10:01 AM

Oct 2007
People should really stand up to Haruhi more often. This was pretty satisfying.
Sep 4, 2009 10:10 AM

Jul 2009
it looks like Haruhi has completely gone over to the "bad-side" after this episode, but
Why?
all I read is Haruhi is a "selfish b*tch or Kyon should have seriously slapped her on the face"
I wonder why everyone is coming to this quite extreme same conclusion, if you look at the events from a 3rd-party view, e.g. from the view point of Nagato, this is what happened: (put a spoiler in case you dont want to waste time reading things you have already seen:)

if I read these events, I can hardly understand why people reacted so extreme against Haruhi and call her the "selfish b*tch".
There is no doubt that the feeling of viewer is being very strongly manipulated in this episode - namely by the use of camera (special perspectives and movement) and BGM! The viewers are deliberately forced into the perspective of Kyon, thus why taking his point of view unconsciously.

If you dont specially pay attention to the BackGroundMusic, you might get the feeling that sometimes the BGM kind of doesnt fit with scene -- because the exact BGM is used only according to Kyon's mood. This happened during the last 2 or 3 Sigh episodes as well.

Therefore I think Haruhi is done injustice, basically because of Kyon.

ps: oh, i forgot to mention it was Kyon who started the fight.
vinesageSep 4, 2009 10:25 AM
Sep 4, 2009 10:31 AM

Apr 2008
wondering~ why kyon want to protect mikuru~ and i think kyon likes mikuru but not love i think~ ^_^

and i just remeber~

if haruhi jealous to mikuru and two of them not become lover something like that~ and mikuri said kinda "if that happen im not gonna"~
wat is the nxt sentence? i think is "exist?" daughter of kyon and haruhi~ XD ^_^

it's okay if u said im wrong~ ^_^

oh well it's just my suspicion~ XD
Sep 4, 2009 10:35 AM
Jan 2009
When Itsuki was offering up his newest theory of the week, all I heard was -

Itsuki: Basically someone gave Haruhi root permissions on this reality. Her ultimate purpose is to rm -rf.
Sep 4, 2009 10:41 AM

Oct 2008
Best episode of the 2nd season by FAR.
Sep 4, 2009 11:24 AM
Jan 2009
Posse said:
Best episode of the 2nd season by FAR.

yah

awesome episode, i enjoyed it throughout the entirety of the episode

this is a great episode for reviewing the emotions of Haruhi and Kyon, plus Koizumi gets explored a little as well
Sep 4, 2009 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
vinesage said:

if I read these events, I can hardly understand why people reacted so extreme against Haruhi and call her the "selfish b*tch".
There is no doubt that the feeling of viewer is being very strongly manipulated in this episode
I'm sorry you must be extremely retarded fanboy to say this, go read the novels and you'll notice that its related from Kyon's perspective, she was hitting Asahina's head while she was drunk AND NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON AND HOW, she was hurting her while calling her a "Toy" in front of Kyon. So go and grab your silly conclusions and pray to your Haruhi's wallposter. The perspective in this episode was the same as well as in the novel, exactly this way. He was about to hit her and if Koizumi wouldn't have been there he could have been done it. Haruhi is a selfish bitch and everyone knows it, defending her won't make a difference unless you're a fanboy, deny it or not, thats how she is.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 4, 2009 11:37 AM

Apr 2008
game8910 said:

we heard you the first 2 times :
Might as well get used to it, Kyon never leaves this mode, ever

I'm just trying to understand. People are getting annoyed by Haruhi? Um if she didn't have this attitude there would be no Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu to begin with. Kyon wasn't as annoying as the first season, mainly because the second season has 75% of its dialogue of him talking to himself. After glancing through this thread it realized how pointless it became because I just see alot of Asahina fanboys willing to jump off their rocker at any "moe" moment or any moment she gets hurt.
Its kind of like people being mad only at Haruhi when she spiked the drink. When it's the same instance when Nagato had her hand damanged (even though she can still repair it) TWICE because Asahina is neglectful in keeping her eye closed. It's just people playing favorite only based on MOE.

Mikiyo said:
She was hitting Asahina's head while she was drunk AND NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON AND HOW, she was hurting her while calling her a "Toy" in front of Kyon..........Haruhi is a selfish bitch and everyone knows it, defending her won't make a difference unless you're a fanboy, deny it or not, thats how she is.

PERFECT EXAMPLE of what I stated before. Kind of like, its OK for Asahina shoot beams out of her eye on TWO occasions towards Nagato because she couldn't keep her eyes closed. (I know nagato repaired but the fact is asahina is neglectful). However when Haruhi does something mean to her everyone jumps to hate Haruhi.
LvhinaSep 4, 2009 11:45 AM
Sep 4, 2009 11:41 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Asahina, feel a bit bad for her =/

BTW am I only only one who find that Tsuruya character to be a bit "disturbing" to say the least? =P
Sep 4, 2009 11:53 AM
Jan 2009
EternalDreamer, I leave you with this Tsuruya video(warning it's made from material in Season 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfXLOrmfBIU&feature=related

I attribute Haruhi's disposition to the reality within which she lives. She's the product of the environment which she has control over, though she's not consciously aware of it.

While she objectifies Asahina to an extent, as though she were a doll, it's no surprise that Haruhi treat her as such. People have certainly realized that Kyon holds some sway over Haruhi's actions, he's like the conscience she doesn't have. I mean, what happens to people in real life when they are given carte blanche and are never censured or held accountable for their actions, they generally grow into selfish people who feel the world is their playground. Haruhi is an extreme version of this.
Sep 4, 2009 11:54 AM

Apr 2009
Mikiyo said:
vinesage said:

There is no doubt that the feeling of viewer is being very strongly manipulated in this episode
I'm sorry you must be extremely retarded fanboy to say this, go read the novels and you'll notice that its related from Kyon's perspective, she was hitting Asahina's head while she was drunk AND NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON AND HOW, she was hurting her while calling her a "Toy" in front of Kyon. So go and grab your silly conclusions and pray to your Haruhi's wallposter. The perspective in this episode was the same as well as in the novel, exactly this way. He was about to hit her and if Koizumi wouldn't have been there he could have been done it. Haruhi is a selfish bitch and everyone knows it, defending her won't make a difference unless you're a fanboy, deny it or not, thats how she is.
I will raise an objection and say that Haruhi is not "a selfish bitch" (although she can act like one, like when she was hitting Mikuru). IMHO, she's incredibly insecure, tremendously afraid of the world not being a bright, shiny and wonderful place, and thinks that if she doesn't force herself upon others, nobody will care about/respect her (which works, but not for the reason that she thinks it does).

Also, Haruhi holding hair in pigtail when Kyon burst in was so... I cannot think of words to describe it atm.
MawootadSep 4, 2009 12:11 PM
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Sep 4, 2009 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
Mikiyo said:
wow, real surprise! you have read the novel and i havent, and you calling me fanboy, gj!
So... reason why you are calling Haruhi a bitch is because she was hitting mikuru on the head with that plastic thing? I suggest you need to watch that scene again to see how much that must have hurt.

Is it truly a reason to get so worked up like Kyon? or maybe you are a Mikuru-fanboy?? oh, I get it. it is really easy to call someone a fanboy to completely ignore his logic. You dont even need to turn on your brain after that (if you have one...) :-)
I see i dont need to reason with you.
Sep 4, 2009 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
Because its okay to hit the head of a drunk person. No need to say anymore, that sentense on itself makes the topic.

Your logic is totally messed up.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 4, 2009 12:31 PM

Apr 2009
so we have some kind of broken fanbase. one is cheering for haruhi and another is for kyon.
1. both of them are jealous in this episode.
2. kyoani made it so that we can feel the tense relationship of both of them.
so good episode (today i don't feel like watching any animes more)
vinesage said:
So... reason why you are calling Haruhi a bitch is because she was hitting mikuru on the head with that plastic thing? I suggest you need to watch that scene again to see how much that must have hurt.

just quoting. but it's not only in this episode. haruhi humiliates mikuru since day one. mikuru only never resistes because there's is always the possibility that the world will be doomed. (also itsuki, yuki, heck everyone won't do anything)
MariejoannaSep 4, 2009 12:58 PM
Sep 4, 2009 12:44 PM

Nov 2007
Suddenly, a great episode.
Sep 4, 2009 12:45 PM

Jul 2009
I wasn't into cheering for Haruhi. My main point of the post 2h before was to suggest another perspective of how to look at these events, aka through an uninvolved third party perspective, not influenced by the special camera settings and odd BGM - then one might discover something else than rage. But well, seems like I totally failed, my bad :D
Sep 4, 2009 12:46 PM

May 2008
First of all everybody who is getting so worked up over a SHOW (itz not real buddy lol) are lames who is taking a show wayy too seriously but hey i don't judge animies (this one especially) tends to make people feel strong emotions...

Before i say what i think...people already think im a bitch so...dat may have something to do with why im on Haruhi's side..

Now for my opinion we all have watch dis series since season 1 we all know how haruhi is...so dis is not a surprise ! Infact i found it funny when Mikuru was gettin (as some of yall would put it) SO CRUELLY TORTURED BY THE DEVEL HERSELF lol Yea poor Mikuru always the victim nd poor haruhi the one whos always wrong and gets blamed thats always how it goes.... I glade Kyon didnt hit her cuz haruhi obviously likes him alot and how would you feel if the one you love hurt you physically.

So since everyone else is taking sides im taking haruhi's side

Forgive me if that made no sense lol ^^
Sep 4, 2009 12:51 PM
Mar 2009
koizumi shudda just stayed where he was and let kyon bitchslap haruhi
the world would end as we know it and we all win

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Sep 4, 2009 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
hahaha, i like that xD
Sep 4, 2009 1:00 PM

Sep 2007
Lvhina said:
Mikiyo said:
She was hitting Asahina's head while she was drunk AND NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON AND HOW, she was hurting her while calling her a "Toy" in front of Kyon..........Haruhi is a selfish bitch and everyone knows it, defending her won't make a difference unless you're a fanboy, deny it or not, thats how she is.

PERFECT EXAMPLE of what I stated before. Kind of like, its OK for Asahina shoot beams out of her eye on TWO occasions towards Nagato because she couldn't keep her eyes closed. (I know nagato repaired but the fact is asahina is neglectful). However when Haruhi does something mean to her everyone jumps to hate Haruhi.

Yeah, because it was totally Asahina's fault for having laser-contact-lenses without any warning, right?

Anyway, I thought Haruhi was a selfish b*itch from the very first episode on, this episode was just the epitome. And since everyone is riding every detail to death to defend random positions... no, Lvhina, I don't like Asahina, she's annoying as hell, almost as annoying as Haruhi herself.
Sep 4, 2009 1:01 PM

Sep 2008
Lilladyk said:

Now for my opinion we all have watch dis series since season 1 we all know how haruhi is...so dis is not a surprise ! Infact i found it funny when Mikuru was gettin (as some of yall would put it) SO CRUELLY TORTURED BY THE DEVEL HERSELF lol Yea poor Mikuru always the victim nd poor haruhi the one whos always wrong and gets blamed thats always how it goes.... I glade Kyon didnt hit her cuz haruhi obviously likes him alot and how would you feel if the one you love hurt you physically.

So since everyone else is taking sides im taking haruhi's side

Forgive me if that made no sense lol ^^
So I guess you found that Haruhi's actions in this episode were not a bit more extreme compared to just making Mikuru dress up in outfits? If you found this funny, go to some parties and get drunk, then do something you really would never do. Son't worry, everyone will think it's funny.

Sometimes people need to be hit back into reality, and Haruhi really needed a punch in the face or a slap or something. Morally speaking, she totally stepped out of line, calling people "toys".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2009 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
So I guess you found that Haruhi's actions in this episode were not a bit more extreme compared to just making Mikuru dress up in outfits? If you found this funny, go to some parties and get drunk, then do something you really would never do. Son't worry, everyone will think it's funny.

Sometimes people need to be hit back into reality, and Haruhi really needed a punch in the face or a slap or something. Morally speaking, she totally stepped out of line, calling people "toys".

I don't see how you'd condone Kyon smacking or punching Haruhi, if you consider calling people "toys" morally wrong. Haruhi was definitely acting like a spoiled brat, but Kyon was a fool for raising his fist. And spiking the drink may have been extreme (which I don't really think it is. What's a little prank among friends), but Haruhi just suggested it. I don't see anyone blaming Tsuruya for actually being the one to do it.

Thank god for Koizumi. He's been money all season long.

vinesage said:

I think you have it right vinesage. Haruhi's definitely spoiled and is adamant about getting her way. But when people have pushed back, she's relented and listened. When people have agreed to follow along, like Mikuru and the pond, or Tsuruya and the sake, everyone still blames Haruhi for acting like a monster. No one gives her credit for being flexible, which she's been proven to be going all the way back to season 1.
Sep 4, 2009 1:42 PM

Sep 2008
rabbitpoets said:

I don't see how you'd condone Kyon smacking or punching Haruhi, if you consider calling people "toys" morally wrong. Haruhi was definitely acting like a spoiled brat, but Kyon was a fool for raising his fist. And spiking the drink may have been extreme (which I don't really think it is. What's a little prank among friends), but Haruhi just suggested it. I don't see anyone blaming Tsuruya for actually being the one to do it.
So are you one of those people extremely against violence? Would you have just given Haruhi a scolding and leave it off at that? Why was Kyon's action a fool's?

Lets just pretend you had a daughter. Eh, no harm done, her friends just specifically spiked her drink and is making out with one of those friends, it's okay, they're friends and everyone's having a good time.

Tsuruya is at fault too, but it still traces back to Haruhi. She said she was sorry, and that was about 100000 times better than how haruhi responded. I understand it's not her character to apologize, and we can probably infer that she would never say it in the first place, but just seeing it makes me cringe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2009 2:03 PM

May 2007
Haruhi acted like a bitch, Kyon should have hit her D:
Nonetheless, a really good episode. :)

Sep 4, 2009 2:23 PM

May 2008
Kyon reaction was normal but not doing anything at all is also wrong. still
Kyon would done something else to show that he had enough.....out of character
yes, good thing that he realize what he did and tried to do something about it.
Sep 4, 2009 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
o KYON MAD =D
Sep 4, 2009 2:29 PM

Aug 2008
Finally. It's taken this long to get an episode as good as Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Sep 4, 2009 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
Kyon seems to seriously be the only sensible man not only out of his club, but out of the entire world.
Sep 4, 2009 3:00 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Yuki gave Mikuru another naisu hito! It was interesting to see Kyon and Haruhi arguing over Mikuru.

Sep 4, 2009 3:19 PM

Jan 2008
Kyon should have smacked Haruhi.
Seriously. Even if it ended the world, she deserved it this episode. >:

Besides that, great ep.
Sep 4, 2009 3:30 PM

Apr 2008
Good episode, but I'm kinda over this show...I seriously think Endless Eight killed it for me. I'm so sick of Haruhi. xD
Sep 4, 2009 3:31 PM

Jan 2009
Kyon rage was surprising and epic intenseness.

Super kawaii and her effect on surroundings increasing.

I love how simple language, hides like deeper meaning.

Love/hate relationship.
Sep 4, 2009 3:37 PM

Dec 2007
Ah yes, this is one of the few scenes where I was pretty dissapointed by Kyon while reading the novels.
Trying to punch someone like that , especially a girl, is something only an idiot would do.

And Haruhi being a selfish bitch? There are countless of scenes in the novels and in the series which prove the contrary. I don't know what you were doing while watching/reading them but you clearly weren't paying attention.

In any case, great episode, but I guess the haters will find some fault somewhere again.
yakisobapanSep 4, 2009 3:59 PM
Sep 4, 2009 4:00 PM

Aug 2007
Hm, I don't get annoyed with Haruhi much, but her actions in this ep kind of bugged me. Similarly, I can't believe Kyon was going to hit her. Both of them disappointed me, lol.

Funny how Kyon gets jealous of Koizumi so easily. He's becoming quite annoying.
Sep 4, 2009 4:15 PM

Sep 2008
Charliehsv said:
Ah yes, this is one of the few scenes where I was pretty dissapointed by Kyon while reading the novels.
Trying to punch someone like that , especially a girl, is something only an idiot would do.

And Haruhi being a selfish bitch? There are countless of scenes in the novels and in the series which prove the contrary. I don't know what you were doing while watching/reading them but you clearly weren't paying attention.

In any case, great episode, but I guess the haters will find some fault somewhere again.
I guess you're another one of those people really against violence. If you ran into that kind of situation, I'm sure giving a stern warning and waving your finger will do the job.

If you keep comparing the light novels to the anime I bet you'll be disappointed in some way or another, just like with pretty much any theatrical adaptation of a book.

Besides, what you are saying is coming from somebody that has Haruhi as their favorite character. We're not haters, you're just loving her too much.
Sep 4, 2009 4:35 PM

Dec 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Charliehsv said:

I guess you're another one of those people really against violence. If you ran into that kind of situation, I'm sure giving a stern warning and waving your finger will do the job.

If you keep comparing the light novels to the anime I bet you'll be disappointed in some way or another, just like with pretty much any theatrical adaptation of a book.

Besides, what you are saying is coming from somebody that has Haruhi as their favorite character. We're not haters, you're just loving her too much.

It would do the job better than punching someone with your fists. You can resolve that situation in many ways, without hurting someone, and without resorting to the stren warning and finger pointing which you seem to love to use as a stereotype.

Uh, I wasn't comparing them. But my bad, I should have written anime instead of series, since that's what I meant. Point was that in even anime only viewers should have noticed that she cares a great deal for her bridage members.

Eh no, I wouldn't say so. I never denied that she tends to do seemingly selfish things, but just writing her off as a "bitch" is so shallow since there's much more to her character. But I guess the easiest way to dismiss anyone's argument is to simply call that person a fanboy. Oh well.
yakisobapanSep 4, 2009 4:46 PM
Sep 4, 2009 4:42 PM

Apr 2008
All in all , people call haruhi a bitch because they are obsessed with asahina.... and kyon fits in with the obsession too. (so its obvious to see people showing favoritism in defense of asahina and kyon)

It's not like all the characters are perfect ... sure haruhi might "live in her own world" (but hell that revolves around the story right?) so because of that she might act the way she does.... and kyon does everything half-assed to the point which he should just punch himself, as for asahina.... someone needs speech lessons to control that stutter ><
LvhinaSep 4, 2009 4:45 PM
Sep 4, 2009 4:49 PM

Sep 2008
Charliehsv said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Charliehsv said:

It would do the job better than punching someone with your fists. You can resolve that situation in many ways, without hurting someone, and without resorting to the stren warning and finger pointing which you seem to love to use as a stereotype.
I, in the first place, wouldn't have gotten nearly as angry in any case.

Uh, I wasn't comparing them. But my bad, I should have written anime instead of series, since that's what I meant. Point was that in even anime only viewers should have noticed that she cares a great deal for her bridage members.

Eh no, I wouldn't say so. I never denied that she tends to do seemingly selfish things, but just writing her off as a "bitch" is so shallow since there's much more to her character. But I guess the easiest way to dismiss anyone's argument is to simply call that person a fanboy. Oh well.
So you're implying that words are enough to stop a character such as Haruhi? It might not be the absolutely best way to resolve problems, but you can see uneasiness just oozing out of Mikuru. I use the warning thing because nobody else will come up with another way to stop Haruhi, so please enlighten me with a new way. If you would have not got as angry as Kyon has, you must not have seen that much in life, or made a strong connection with somebody in real life.

I'm not denying that she cares about her members, bu honestly, would you want to be treated that way? Even if it was the spur of the moment, Haruhi's actions and diction were extremely uncalled for. Obviously she needs to learn that what she does can affect others around her.

I don't know it just isn't convincing with somebody that has the following: Favorite Anime - Haruhi, Favorite Character - Haruhi, Favorite Voice Actor - Aya Hirano. I'm not saying that being is a fanboy is bad, but somtimes you need to notice that your favorite whatever has plenty of bad points when they are thrown right into your face and not just covering it with all the virtues of the whatever it is.
Sep 4, 2009 4:56 PM

Aug 2009
I luved it~ :3

The fight between Kyon and Haruhi was so cute in a way~

Although, the sake was unreasonable DX

Thanks to Shiro-chan for scripting! ♥
Sep 4, 2009 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
Charliehsv said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Charliehsv said:

This. I agree with Charliehsv, to just write off Haruhi as a "bitch" is completely missing the point of some of the episodes in the first season (the "God Knows" episode, for example) that showed the viewer that there is much much more to Haruhi's character.

Conversely, this episode shows a bit of the "worse" side of Kyon's personality. But, I don't think it was that scene in particular that pissed him off, I think that all the events up until that scene added up to his anger and,well, he just exploded.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.