Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2009 2:34 AM

Sep 2009
Lvhina said:
FlashFumo said:
Well, Haruhi's crossed from being a bitch to being the biggest bitch in the whole, wide world. Can't blame Kyon for snapping. =P

Mmm, but how many people think that are also obsessed with Asahina... so kind of biased opinion. :-p

I personally think kyon is the idiot, his inner dialogue really starts to annoy me.

Please stop you are repeating the same message too many time, kyon dialogue = narrator of this show without his dialogue there's no story since its coming from his POV and to be honest Kyon's voice + narration (Gintoki style) is what makes this anime shines (for me)

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=99232&show=0

as you can see on this site Kyon > Haruhi .. how I wish Kyon would go out with Asahina
Sep 8, 2009 2:56 AM

Jun 2009
Well, personally I like Haruhi better than Asahina. Not particularly because of her personality, but because of how well she has been developed as a character. I believe that it is pretty cool to show the flaws of her and Kyon, like they did in this episode. Most "main stream" anime wouldn't dare show that the main female lead isn't perfect. And, ironically, that makes this series more realistic, in a sense, that some other anime i've seen.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 8, 2009 5:26 AM

Nov 2007
ahaha what a selfish little basturrd
Sep 8, 2009 6:29 AM

Mar 2008
Interesting what everyone thinks about the characters. Personally I only like Yuki and Kyon, though I don't hate the other ones. That said, Haruhi was always kind of annoying for me. But the show wouldn't work without her.

Regarding this episode it was like a revelation. Finally after that first episode of this new season there was another great episode. After all those rather average episodes (peddling from nice to boring every few minutes) of this new arc after endless-8 this one was finally back somewhere near S1 level. I was really impressed about the intense atmosphere.

Anyway, finally finally a great episode again even when the first part was rather boring. Small little details like catching Haruhi while she holds her hair up into a pony tail were nice, too.
ForeverSep 8, 2009 6:35 AM
Sep 8, 2009 7:34 AM

Mar 2008
I never imagined Tsuruya-san would be rich ^^
Angry Kyon was a bit scary, but i suppose a normal human would have done the same...
Poor Mikuru-chan... But she was funny when drunk ^^
Sep 8, 2009 8:03 AM

Jul 2007
God, I fucking hated pretty much everyone in this episode (except Yuki of course). The resolution was a bunch of saccharine tsundere-apologetic bullshit.

Say no to tsundere!
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Sep 8, 2009 8:51 AM

Mar 2009
bigplrbear said:
I've gotta admit- during the "love scene" between Koizumi and Mikuru, I was expecting Koizumi to say "AI RAB U DES" like he did in Endless Eight. lol

You made my day. Thanks. 10/10
Sep 8, 2009 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
woah that was cool. its just sooo normal imo. friends have to have a argument sometimes and be angry about somethings. even if it would destroy the world kyon really did something right imo. the "apologize" was a little weak, but its logical since both of them are kinda stubborns.

Sep 8, 2009 2:13 PM

May 2008
AW DAMMIT KOIZUMI. I totally wanted to see Kyon PUNCH a bitch >/ Haruhi's effing annoying. And to call Mikuru a play toy...

Kyon was hilarious before he got pissed off xD Oh lawd.

I wonder if the next ep is going to be the last << They DID say it was only supposed to be 28 eps right? 14 of the original and 14 new.

Sep 8, 2009 2:34 PM

Aug 2009
Damn, it's really gonna end soon...
Sep 8, 2009 2:35 PM

Jul 2009
KayChan4U said:
AW DAMMIT KOIZUMI. I totally wanted to see Kyon PUNCH a bitch >/ Haruhi's effing annoying. And to call Mikuru a play toy...

Kyon was hilarious before he got pissed off xD Oh lawd.

I wonder if the next ep is going to be the last << They DID say it was only supposed to be 28 eps right? 14 of the original and 14 new.

Fingers crossed for extra eps >_<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 8, 2009 4:09 PM

Sep 2008
I like Haruhi but Kyon was right there...
Sep 8, 2009 8:21 PM

Jan 2009
mimiron12 said:
kyon dialogue = narrator of this show without his dialogue there's no story since its coming from his POV and to be honest Kyon's voice + narration (Gintoki style) is what makes this anime shines.
You sir, win.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 9, 2009 7:59 AM
Jul 2009
I am really glad Kyon didn't slap Haruhi ^ ^

Sep 9, 2009 1:12 PM

Jan 2008
I really wish he would have beat her ass.
Sep 9, 2009 1:48 PM

May 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Lilladyk said:

Now for my opinion we all have watch dis series since season 1 we all know how haruhi is...so dis is not a surprise ! Infact i found it funny when Mikuru was gettin (as some of yall would put it) SO CRUELLY TORTURED BY THE DEVEL HERSELF lol Yea poor Mikuru always the victim nd poor haruhi the one whos always wrong and gets blamed thats always how it goes.... I glade Kyon didnt hit her cuz haruhi obviously likes him alot and how would you feel if the one you love hurt you physically.

So since everyone else is taking sides im taking haruhi's side

Forgive me if that made no sense lol ^^
So I guess you found that Haruhi's actions in this episode were not a bit more extreme compared to just making Mikuru dress up in outfits? If you found this funny, go to some parties and get drunk, then do something you really would never do. Son't worry, everyone will think it's funny.

Sometimes people need to be hit back into reality, and Haruhi really needed a punch in the face or a slap or something. Morally speaking, she totally stepped out of line, calling people "toys".

Dear HawthorneKitty

I'm not even gonna debate with you lol But plz stop taking a fictional story so serious lol Your not Mikuru's lawyer...
Anyway everyone has thier own opinions and thats life...and you stated yours more than once...WE GET YOUR POINT itz jus not all of us agree...so plzz drop it and get on with your life !

Thankz ! ^^
Sep 9, 2009 2:07 PM

Jul 2008
what's a Miracle Movie?

Its says coming soon?

Its from Newtype Oct. 2009.

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/The-Melancholy-Of-Haruhi-Suzumiya/item256248/
Sep 9, 2009 2:26 PM

Jul 2009
Lilladyk said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Lilladyk said:

Now for my opinion we all have watch dis series since season 1 we all know how haruhi is...so dis is not a surprise ! Infact i found it funny when Mikuru was gettin (as some of yall would put it) SO CRUELLY TORTURED BY THE DEVEL HERSELF lol Yea poor Mikuru always the victim nd poor haruhi the one whos always wrong and gets blamed thats always how it goes.... I glade Kyon didnt hit her cuz haruhi obviously likes him alot and how would you feel if the one you love hurt you physically.

So since everyone else is taking sides im taking haruhi's side

Forgive me if that made no sense lol ^^
So I guess you found that Haruhi's actions in this episode were not a bit more extreme compared to just making Mikuru dress up in outfits? If you found this funny, go to some parties and get drunk, then do something you really would never do. Son't worry, everyone will think it's funny.

Sometimes people need to be hit back into reality, and Haruhi really needed a punch in the face or a slap or something. Morally speaking, she totally stepped out of line, calling people "toys".

Dear HawthorneKitty

I'm not even gonna debate with you lol But plz stop taking a fictional story so serious lol Your not Mikuru's lawyer...
Anyway everyone has thier own opinions and thats life...and you stated yours more than once...WE GET YOUR POINT itz jus not all of us agree...so plzz drop it and get on with your life !

Thankz ! ^^

Your right he's not Mikurus lawyer I AM!!!!!!

Sealkid said:
what's a Miracle Movie?

Its says coming soon?

Its from Newtype Oct. 2009.

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/The-Melancholy-Of-Haruhi-Suzumiya/item256248/

It's quite clearly some fan art
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 9, 2009 7:51 PM

Mar 2008
insan3soldiern said:
Spade said:
I agree with him though. It was like they just cut to the ED in the middle of a dialogue. Felt weird (in a bad way).

I didn't notice this but, when I rewatch, I'll check it out.

yeah, i mean im not trying to be picky or anything, just felt weird to me that they ended the ep like that, without some sorta kyon monologue or something like they usually do. or maybe im too used to that because of endless eight..

Sep 9, 2009 8:19 PM

Oct 2008
Lilladyk said:

Thankz ! ^^
The funny thing is the same can be said for you. Drop it and get on with your life.

Nowz ! ^^
Sep 9, 2009 8:48 PM

Mar 2009
Hmm, I enjoyed the episode, one of the scenes is quite intense imo (you lot will know which scene)
Hopefully the series will kick off and get pretty good like the first series :)
Sep 9, 2009 9:32 PM

Feb 2008
Haruhi is spoiled but that's because until Kyon no one ever said no. People seem to forget that when he says "no" she listens, she might sulk but she listens. The fight was the first time she's rebelled against him and even that ended in her capitulation. A main point in "Sighs" is Haruhi learning that she doesn't have to always be the driver that she can give up the spotlight once in awhile.

It might also help to remember that Mikuru is a character playing a character, so then the question is: As a skilled operative from the future, was she really drunk?
Sep 9, 2009 9:52 PM

Aug 2008
She's supposed to learn that she doesn't have to always be in the spotlight, even though she only gives credit to herself in the credits of the movie...and she sings and plays lead guitar in the school festival? She fails if that's the case.
Sep 9, 2009 10:13 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
She's supposed to learn that she doesn't have to always be in the spotlight, even though she only gives credit to herself in the credits of the movie...and she sings and plays lead guitar in the school festival? She fails if that's the case.

The thing with the band is not a good example. If you remember, Haruhi was fairly nervous and uncomfortable about that. So, I think that is actually an example that helps Chinaboat's point because that's one instance where she didn't do it for herself she did it for the band.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2009 10:20 PM

Aug 2008
I considered that, but it just came down to what I saw as her taking advantage of Yuki's docility, the self indulgent speech during the performance, and the declaration about doing the same thing at the end of the episode.
Sep 9, 2009 11:00 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
I considered that, but it just came down to what I saw as her taking advantage of Yuki's docility, the self indulgent speech during the performance, and the declaration about doing the same thing at the end of the episode.

I think that's more of her trying to hide her insecurities, trying to mask what she really feels. That was clear to me when she was still nervous during all the things you mentioned, except for at the end with Kyon. But, I think we're getting away from the current episode.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2009 11:10 PM

Aug 2008
To bring it back to the episode though, that's exactly how she's acting here, stifling her insecurities and being a bitch to Mikuru. Not to mention, that her relationship with Kyon hasn't changed a bit despite a lot of things happening during the course of the full timeline that would affect a teenage girl in love.
Sep 9, 2009 11:43 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
To bring it back to the episode though, that's exactly how she's acting here, stifling her insecurities and being a bitch to Mikuru. Not to mention, that her relationship with Kyon hasn't changed a bit despite a lot of things happening during the course of the full timeline that would affect a teenage girl in love.

I can't really argue with you there, because your right. I do think that their relationship has changed a little, but not majorly.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 10, 2009 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
Anyone noticed that when Kyon entered the room, she was making a pony tail?
-Fixing-
Sep 10, 2009 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
Wilio said:

So Cute!
Sep 10, 2009 9:55 PM

Jan 2009
Sealkid said:
Wilio said:

So Cute!

Hard to miss : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 12, 2009 5:01 AM

Apr 2009
Boring episode, I reckon.
Sep 12, 2009 10:39 AM
May 2008
Oosran said:
Sealkid said:
Wilio said:

So Cute!

Hard to miss : 3

Yeah, it was hard to miss on purpose... I'm not sure why anyone was actually shocked by this or thought it was cleverly hidden.

Anyway, alright episode but could have been condensed a bit imo.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 12, 2009 11:53 AM

Sep 2008
Good episode. But, Haruhi really was a bitch in this one. I mean, I love her but she just went too far. She was being horrible! Under the circumstances, she deserved to be slapped imo ><;; Poor Mikuru...
Sep 12, 2009 2:22 PM

May 2009
Niiiice. Haruhi was really starting to piss me off with last episode and this, being so damn selfish and bullying Mikuru. Too bad Koizumi stopped Kyon from punching her.

Great episode though.
Sep 13, 2009 10:52 AM

Apr 2008
It's official:
I love Kyon.

:'( Such a good anime character.

Really, really good episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 7:14 PM

Nov 2007
Surprisingly this episode turned out pretty well it started with me mirroring Kyon's attitude and getting pissed at Haruhi but as it drew towards the end of the episode all was well again xD
Sep 14, 2009 11:40 PM

Sep 2007
I wanted to slap her silly. If I was there, I would've done it. But see, I'm a girl. I don't have half the strength that Kyon would have. Kyon had his hand closed in a fist, so maybe he would've punched her instead? As much as Haruhi might've been a bitch, if he had hit her, that would've been really bad. He could've really hurt her, so in a way, it's good that Itsuki stopped him. Doesn't stop me from wanting Haruhi to be given a good bitch-slap though...

Good God, she's even more unbearable in these episodes...
Sep 16, 2009 11:44 AM

Aug 2008
I enjoyed this episode, but I disagree with the bitch blah, blah comments, but I'm not going on an argument because some people already said what I thought.

I'm glad that Itsuki stopped Kyon. I really like him ♥ Also, I don't really feel sorry for Mikuru ._. xD

This really made me think of Haruhi's past, I wonder what kind of life she had until now.

Sep 16, 2009 11:46 AM

Jan 2009
Fumiko said:
Also, I don't really feel sorry for Mikuru ._. xD

Me neither, no reason to do that, really : o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 18, 2009 3:53 PM

Sep 2009
If Kyon would have hit her, I swear I would never watch that show again.

But luckily, he didn't lol. But still, Haruhi is acting more and more like a spoiled brat.
cargochaos in disguise
Sep 18, 2009 5:16 PM

Aug 2008
UnknownFact said:
Am I the only person to start to NOT like Haruhi at all?
She's incredibly selfish what an unreasonable woman...

I loved her in S1. And I've been trying to tell myself S2 will get better.
But seeing that side of Haruhi...she's just morally wrong in the head.
Kyon had every right to bitch slap her.

Spiking your friends drink, hitting her on the head, making fun of her *In a bad way* is just plain wrong. Total disregard for her or anyone else's feelings...wtf. Spoiled, selfish, bitchy brat.

This episode just broke the series for me. 6/10. This season is horrible.

Lacks everything that made S1 great. And the video quality is horrid in 1/2 the episodes of this season.
FateEntitySep 19, 2009 1:27 PM
Sep 19, 2009 6:06 AM
Apr 2008
Mid tier episode. The only good part is Kyon and Haruhi arguing. I loved it. Also, Koizumi is a faggot. Stopping Kyon on what he's going to do with Haruhi. WHAT A FAG. I hate Koizumi.. even though he's so fucking fabulous. ;_;

Sep 19, 2009 7:40 AM

Jul 2009
kielmaru_07 said:
Mid tier episode. The only good part is Kyon and Haruhi arguing. I loved it. Also, Koizumi is a faggot. Stopping Kyon on what he's going to do with Haruhi. WHAT A FAG. I hate Koizumi.. even though he's so fucking fabulous. ;_;

Teehee

.....I still like haruhi though
Sep 20, 2009 3:57 PM

Oct 2008
I have grew to dislike Haruhi now..

That attitude is absolutely unacceptable!!

Anyhow, I am totally clueless as to why there are so many Haruhists when their "God" is like that..
Sep 20, 2009 4:38 PM
Jun 2009
kielmaru_07 said:

the second picture is what i got in my head. it's a shame that they had to get everything back to status quo by the end of the episode.
Sep 21, 2009 2:53 AM

Jan 2008
Very good episode, I liked it a lot. :3

Oh, and about the "Haruhi is a selfish bitch!"- thingy: I'd rather see a more complex character like Haruhi, who hides what she's really thinking by being extraordinarily weird (s.a. hitting Mikuru shows that she's jealous of her) than the ever-whining Mikuru being the same annoying girl in every episode...

I prefer a bit of controversy =D Which is more like RL, too. Which person is 100% "good" anyway?

I mean, let's face it: Haruhi's behaviour was indeed a bit over the top. But at the same time, Mikuru is being just as useless. She never really talks back when Haruhi "uses" her for her weird ideas. So, just like other members have already pointed out, Haruhi doesn't learn to stop even though it's high time she did. Kyon's fist was a bit extreme, but giving Haruhi a lecture was the right thing to do.

But still, that doesn't turn Haruhi into a "bitch" in my opinion. She's just acting human. Who hasn't said or done things they regretted afterwards? That's only natural.

And I think it's Haruhi's development, her spoiled behaviour gradually being turned into a more reasonable one almost only with help of Kyon, which makes her so appealing. =)
SaorinSep 21, 2009 3:17 AM

Sep 22, 2009 6:22 PM

Dec 2007
kielmaru_07 said:

THIS.

I REALLY wanted to see Kyon hit Haruhi.
Sep 25, 2009 5:04 PM

Jun 2008
Haruhi did go overboard, but as did Kyon.
No one's right in this argument.

So I say Nagato wins.
Sep 29, 2009 8:31 AM

Jan 2008
AnimeloverYori said:
Haruhi did go overboard, but as did Kyon.
No one's right in this argument.

So I say Nagato wins.

Reasonable point. =D

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.