Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2014 9:13 PM

Mar 2014
iceaco said:
CuteMelita said:

How the heck did Bizon travel to the past?

look like its been answered in ep 1 before opening
Mar 24, 2014 9:37 PM
Feb 2014
Not really sure why everyone is convinced this will have 2 seasons. I thought it would too, but after watching episode 12 it looks like all the loose ends will get tied up in ep 13.
Giant cannon fires -> creates portal to the past -> bizon and hina get transported to the past -> leads to events of Episode 1

Hope I'm wrong tho, I love this show so it would be great to see it have a 2nd season
Mar 24, 2014 10:08 PM

Dec 2011
Free alliance sucks big time
Mar 24, 2014 10:48 PM

Aug 2008
Eh, I've been dumb all alone. I always thought that the guy that the Dio was the assailant dude in the first episode. Not until this episode do I actually realize it was Bizon. What an obvious mistake and notion to carry over for 10 episodes too.
Hmmm. Were Hina and him that close, like were they dating? That kissing scene implied that they were to me. Either that or Bizon is a dominant and forceful guy that would abruptly kiss the girl he wants even if the mood isn't the best (they were at a cemetery eh).

Still, I don't like the notion that Hina dies... Like, if she traveled back in time and "vanished" for some weird reason after going back into the future again, apparently dying, then that's a downer.
Mar 24, 2014 11:14 PM

Aug 2009
How is Dio still skeptical about Aoba coming from the past? He should be certain that what he says is the truth by now. This was a decent episode. Looking forward to what will happen next with only one episode left.

Mar 25, 2014 12:30 AM

Dec 2010
This was a pretty good episode, and is building up to the next one. Everything is falling into place! But there is no way they can wrap this up in one episode. But at the same time, the series is a bomb, its not selling hardly anything, I don't know if it will be split cour though...
Mar 25, 2014 3:31 AM
Jun 2012
What if people from the past have the same wavelength (is that what you call it?)?
And after a few years, their wavelength slowly changed and people from the future use the old wavelength as a standard wavelength for coupling as people from the future have the genes of people from the past, thus allowing them to be able to change/train their wavelength to match with people from the past wavelength.
And about time traveling, Yumihara Hina may have traveled to the future by accident and meet old Aoba by accident. She realized that he is her classmate and talked to him. Later old Aoba died and Yumihara Hina was sent back to her original timeline. And the rest of the story follows the first episode. Hina from the future is Yumihara Hina but she was sent back the second time, thus her body shrunk, her memory lost and sent back to the past of the future where she will meet her 'father'. This may be a prevention of changing the past or the future too much as it disturbs the universe. And about Dio...I don't know how to put him in this...
Everything is just a guess though....
P.S. It will never happen...
Mar 25, 2014 6:42 AM

Apr 2009
I don't get why you'd die if you piloted with the old valiancers often. Sure, without any sort of continuous "therapy" to maintain your sense of self you might end up in a bad way psychologically and thus couldn't be trusted to pilot an armed vehicle, but how would meshing your mind with someone else kill you? Unless the coupling process can inflict brain damage, I'm not following. Anyway, I kinda wanted to see Aoba and Dio go ultra-buddy mode and speak in first person plural for a while, freaking everyone out XD

Last episode next week (that we know of), I'm not too confident they can pull it off with all the time travel business remaining unaddressed.
Mar 25, 2014 9:07 AM

Mar 2014
Meh the Alliance got their ass wipe again, why am I not surprise ?? =__=

I'm starting to pity Bizon because what's gonna happen to him !!
Mar 25, 2014 10:08 AM

Dec 2008
Damn that Dr. Hahn!! Didn't even want to give Hina time to think about it. Just drugged her up and brainwashed her. I hope his little plan backfires and he dies as a result.

Bizon, you're such a desperate idiot! Hina's just not that into you. Don't you see it? So, he scolds her and then forces a kiss on her? Way to go, Romeo! (*`へ´*)
Hannah_AnaMar 25, 2014 10:11 AM
Mar 25, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2012
JulietTalyor said:
What if people from the past have the same wavelength (is that what you call it?)?
And after a few years, their wavelength slowly changed and people from the future use the old wavelength as a standard wavelength for coupling as people from the future have the genes of people from the past, thus allowing them to be able to change/train their wavelength to match with people from the past wavelength.
And about time traveling, Yumihara Hina may have traveled to the future by accident and meet old Aoba by accident. She realized that he is her classmate and talked to him. Later old Aoba died and Yumihara Hina was sent back to her original timeline. And the rest of the story follows the first episode. Hina from the future is Yumihara Hina but she was sent back the second time, thus her body shrunk, her memory lost and sent back to the past of the future where she will meet her 'father'. This may be a prevention of changing the past or the future too much as it disturbs the universe. And about Dio...I don't know how to put him in this...
Everything is just a guess though....
P.S. It will never happen...

Yumihara would be too OP to be constantly alive just like this, stuck in a time loop. I really hope they are not writing themselves into the time loop.
Mar 25, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2011
bluedream17 said:

Giant cannon fires -> creates portal to the past -> bizon and hina get transported to the past -> leads to events of Episode 1

This would make such a retarded ending, omg.
Mar 25, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
Am I the only one enjoying the ass-crazy Bizon? Yes, he's going overboard and he's a jerk, but this and the Zogilia coupling will just intensify the war. Tha Dr. Haim is a ass too! For what he did to Hina.

I sense a S2. Makes no sense to end it this way (and I think there's a video game? There's a cute guy who looks like Aoba but with different name).
Mar 25, 2014 4:27 PM
Apr 2012
probably aoba dies, hina goes to the past to be with him again, events from episode 1 happen.....
Mar 25, 2014 6:46 PM

Apr 2012
Damn Bizon, he should die.

Guess Hina falls into the "brainwashed newtype" category now?
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 26, 2014 4:32 AM

Oct 2013
Hmm. There's no logic whenever time travel is involved.

If let's say hina accepted bizon before, bizon would definitely be angry. And fron the kss, I would think they probably already a couple. Hina not awfully annoyed, just rejected him.

Liked the bond/bromance between Dio and Aoba. After sharing memories, Dio understood Aoba better.
Mar 26, 2014 5:02 AM

Jan 2013
Hina :(
Poor girl.

Can't wait for the last ep!!!
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Mar 26, 2014 11:48 PM

Oct 2013
I can accept an Aoba x Hina. Yeah
Mar 27, 2014 4:06 AM

Mar 2014
Swiftflash said:
bluedream17 said:

This would make such a retarded ending, omg.

I think next episode, when dio and aoba coupling they will go out of control and for some reason create storm like portal. Hina who r nearby got sucked and thrown to the past. Both alliance and zogilia party retreat but bizon also caught by the portal soon. The war yet to reach conclusion and season 2 announced :D

About Hina time loop theory, i cant accept it T.T
Alliance already have 3 coupler why dont they just throw hina in. I want her just landing in 1 of coupling machine later, then the machine suddenly say "nice coupling" .
Mar 27, 2014 6:46 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Interesting plot, but the dialogue is not the same caliber, as well as in the technical part that is not the best.
Storytelling with ups and downs, sometimes like and sometimes not.
Fights uninteresting, the bitterness remains a wasted opportunity.
Now everything fits with the initial view at the beginning of the series.
I wonder if there will be a second season.
Mar 27, 2014 8:29 AM

Jun 2013
Thought that Bizon was kinda cool in the earlier eps when i saw him. But meh, he turned out to be a overprotective jerk
Mar 28, 2014 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
ehh it was an ok episode, im really having a hard time finding any strong feelings for this show one way or another. its just the most average show

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 28, 2014 6:08 PM

Nov 2007
why do they focus on hina so much? did you LOOK at dio, he has so much potential, but all the characters do is go HINA HINA HINA
Mar 29, 2014 1:28 AM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
ehh it was an ok episode, im really having a hard time finding any strong feelings for this show one way or another. its just the most average show

Sunrise said they wanted to make an average or "standard" mecha show with this. Like they literally said that. So it seems they accomplished their goal, if that is the way people view it.
Mar 29, 2014 5:54 PM

Feb 2013
Magic mind control drug. At least Hina got a new mech out of it.
Mar 29, 2014 8:49 PM
Mar 29, 2014 11:59 PM
Sep 2013
The crazy guy from the first episode is most likely Bizon but we don't know if its the same Bizon, probably not.

And I knew the virgin hunters were gonna rage about Bizon stealing her "first kiss."
Mar 30, 2014 4:27 AM
Jan 2014
I think hina knew what she was doing when she lept through that time hole. When she went in it her mind and body became seperated. The only reason why aoba didnt deage or lose his memory because their was no prexisting aoba. Dr fermi time leap theory said if their is a delay in coupling it would cause time leap. Coupling causes memories to be sent into the future. What sunrise is saying their cant be more than one existence at the same time so one has to override the other. Shes going to get her memories back and those mechs look awesom
Apr 3, 2014 10:11 AM

Jan 2009
bizon, how dare u kiss hina without her consent. maybe ur 2nd death be ur last.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 6, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2011
Lazu said:
why do they focus on hina so much? did you LOOK at dio, he has so much potential, but all the characters do is go HINA HINA HINA

Pretty much this ^. I really dislike her character, and her role in this series, just list out what happened to her in these 12 episodes, and you will see, she was nothing more than a.. I don't know the exact word for it. The boyxgirl romance in this anime was done so badly. Was there a point in making the Mayu chick falls for Aoba, other than just because? HinaxBizon is creepy, AobaxHina has no chemistry. Best coupling would be AobaxDio. Seriously, they need to focus lesser on Hina.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 10, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2012
I guess I'm probably the only one here who doesn't hate Bizon. I'm hoping he doesn't turn into a full-on yandere a second time. Because, it's not like you can blame him for being upset... he really is the only person who trusts her completely... and they grew up together. It's not being overprotective when your enemy suddenly starts making her doubt her friends with some crazy story about coming from the past. Anyone would think that sounds crazy, especially when he's known Hina since she was a little girl... it makes sense for him to be really pissed off when all of a sudden he finds out that she starts protecting their enemy after he's been defending her constantly as a loyal ally.

I get how people can think "Oh he's just a pervert for kissing her"... but seriously they grew up together, and he's probably loved her for a long ass time... and she probably already knew about it but Aoba just has her confused right now, which is why she reacted like that. He was just trying to get through to her to show her that he cares about her and is on her side, even though nobody else is right now. It's not really jealousy, it's just that he feels betrayed when he's also confused about Aoba, and now he's doubting if she is really their ally when she's protecting the person she was supposedly trying to kill days before.

More than anything, I just hope the bad coupling doesn't fuck up his mind... it certainly doesn't look like it's good for him.
HalibelTheEspadaApr 10, 2014 8:48 PM
Apr 12, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2007
wait .... this was confusing. the temporal paradoxes.

so now was where she went back in time to save him ..... then later sent him into the future.

shouldn't he uh not be there now since she didn't go back? or she not exist or something? I have no idea.

and now bizon doesn't go to the past?

they fucked up time...
May 14, 2014 8:21 PM

May 2012
07:00 dat liar

13:18 yay for new mecha

21:58 calm your chest, Silversoul

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 22, 2014 6:01 PM

Jun 2014
Why didn't you explain all of this before, Elvia? Let me guess, because no one asked until episode 12.

Dec 4, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
Glad to see they used Gundam Seed so much as a base for this show, from Island confrontation, to stealing mechs at a base, to even creating a spin off of the SEED Beserker form.... <3 Hina's eyes.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 27, 2015 6:03 PM

May 2012
Poor Hina :/ and well that canon sure is powerful! Let's see what the last episode will offer us though!
Jan 14, 2017 7:58 AM

Dec 2015
What a mess, it was fine as it was going...and now they magically pulled a control serum of some sorts out of their ass cheeks.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 21, 2018 10:46 AM

Sep 2018
Lidoxia said:
Extrieve said:
Ohhh Hina, what they`ve done to you ;______;

Well there`s no way they can end this with 1 episode left, I don`t want a super rushed ending dammit !!!!

Well, lets hope for the best, I hope Bizon dies :v

Actually Bizon died, in the past in episode 1 xD
Damn right man...
Although that's bizon in the exact mecha. How Hina ended up in the past is still a mystery. Man they should have had this as a 25 episode series...

Feb 13, 2021 5:19 PM

Feb 2012
Bizon the yandere. He's stood up for the girl-next-door Hina after she was heavily suspected by the secret services many times, but he's had enough of her contacting Aoba. He has so much jealously built up...

Just like Gundam SEED has JOSH-A base in Alaska, this has the Garapushka/Gorgon.

Also like, SEED, Hina looks like she went SEED Mode after being brainwashed by Dr. Hahn (can't unhear Dio Brando's voice lmao).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2013

218 by aleinam »»
Mar 8, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

199 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:45 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

153 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:13 PM

» Why does this feel like it should have been longer? (Potential spoilers)

Damolisher - Nov 1, 2021

2 by Damolisher »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

91 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.