Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 9, 2010 2:06 PM
Aug 2009
Yeah, that's how I read it as well. The last couple of episodes, they've been trying to get each other to slip up and say something about their deeper feelings for each other. Lawrence, after his success with kissing her hand, seems to be getting a little over-confident, but isn't talking about his feelings. So she's concerned, and wants him to open up a little and admit things. But obviously, she can't just come out and say that, and she doesn't quite realize that all these vague word-games are part of the reason that he's getting so worked up and acting in a worrying way.

So in this episode, they're just dancing around each other, and she presses his buttons a little too far on purpose to get him to open up. When he realizes it, it's too late - he's already snapped at her for joking too much about irrelevant topics (virginity and whether he gives a damn, which he obviously doesn't so why does she keep bugging him about it?). But she still doesn't have an answer, and the only way she knows how to get one is to keep stamping his foot, giving him the cold shoulder, and making him carry all the books from Rigolo's.

He finally realizes what it's all about after he makes one final joke that cuts a little deep, causing her to snap at him (just like he did earlier in the episode). He then cleverly retorts, giving her the answer she is really after: he's acting weirdly just like she is, and is just as frustrated about them not being able to "come clean". In short, he's dealing with their relationship just like she is, and if she's also starting to crack and act strangely, then it's unfair to pressure him about his own behavior.

After all, he's too honest and easy to crack - the only way to keep from slipping up and saying something about his deeper feelings is to just avoid it altogether. But he doesn't have a prayer when it comes to getting her to admit anything - she can easily deflect him despite his best-efforts. It would be evil of him to lay out his feelings if she isn't willing to do the same - it will just put pressure on her to make a decision. In short, as she puts it later, they're in a "sweet and salty" relationship - they're both stuck until she's ready to take things further.
Dec 27, 2010 11:52 PM

Aug 2010
I kinda raged at her teasing at first as well, but then after thinking about it, it really wasn't as malicious as some of you want to think in my opinion.

Horo has proven herself incredibly loyal so far, and I think it was just playful banter. She seemed like she was exaggerating the number of partners she's had just to poke at Lawrence during their back and forth teasing. She almost definitely has been in love before in her long lifetime, but counting on her hands like that was obviously just a joke.

As far as something being scary, it seems obvious to me that she has experienced a relationship bound by human lifespan before, and she knows what happens. She's scared of becoming so attached that she will be devastated watching Lawrence die as she continues living. It seems they both have this at least in the back of their minds, which is another reason they appear reluctant to elevate their relationship any more than they have. Holding hands, hugging, etc is one thing. But once they actually commit, the only outcome will be sadness in the long run. Whether Lawrence dies in Horo's arms of old age, or Horo leaves him because of his age, someone will be hurt.

That's my interpretation, anyhow. I think Horo is an amazing character, and if she were real I would be eager to get to know her, and would welcome the playful, if not mischievous banter :P
Dec 28, 2010 10:32 AM
Aug 2009
My final interpretation of this ep was that Holo is just going a bit nuts. Her teasing hints that she doesn't necessarily want to progress their relationship, but her body language makes it obvious that she does want to. As he later points out when they're carrying the books back, that sort of teasing is only going to end up frustrating both of them.
Jan 5, 2011 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
o, she wants him to sell his companion? their's somthing fishy about this.

Jan 8, 2011 9:13 AM
Jan 2011
Thillygooth said:
I think Horo is an amazing character, and if she were real I would be eager to get to know her, and would welcome the playful, if not mischievous banter :P

There is a human version of Horo: Maja Löwenberg, with whom i've been living for about my whole life (complicated story). She both looks AND acts like Horo in almost all respects; Maja is far less skinny than Horo but otherwise looks just the same (that's freaking damn right).

As for her personality...well what should I say: extremely kind, loving, cheerful and wise but also quite playful and even teasing at times - when she is in good mood, that is. However, as with Horo, it's abnormally easy for Maja to get hurt (NOT by me though since I'm not the fool that Lawrence can sometimes be), which she expresses thorugh fury or downright sorrow depending on the situation. You have to be really gentle and understanding with her in such circumstances because ONE wrong word may get you in BIG trouble.

Regardless, she is simply a wonderful person and clearly the most important one in my life (since I have no family, again complicated story) and if you think Horo is amazing you would certainly think the same of Maja, and hadn't it been for her lack of tail and wolf's ears and the fact that she is German you would basically think that Horo has in fact commuted to the real world.

Truly I tell you, when I first got acquainted with the series I was so shocked that I was mentally unstable for 6 months. I told myself that Maja hadn't been used as an inspiration for the series but my mind couldn't cope with it for 6 MONTHS. But truly I tell you, this series, while totally amazing, SCARES ME LIKE HELL and it always will.
Mr_Tim_UlrichJan 9, 2011 1:03 AM
Jan 21, 2011 5:44 AM
Sep 2009
It's almost unfathomable to think that considering what just happened in the previous arc (money & holo) that Lawrence would backhand Eve in a second for even bringing the subject of selling her up.

But in typical WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING Lawrence moments, you know he's going to run it by holo first and somehow this plan will come into playn and backfire at somepoint, to which Lawrence will gasp and looked shocked when things aren't going as planned.

As per the virgin question; I haven't read the LN's so I don't know what's canon (this is only speculation), I think her bringing it up was clearly a shot to humble Lawrence's ego and jealousy is the one thing she knew she could humble him with. in the end it backfired when he looked annoyed and asked his question, but casually brushed it off.

i don't think she has ever felt this way about a human (her feelings for lawrence - which is another reason why she is scared). She is in way over her head in love and knows the outcome from it can only bring pain. She fears losing and keeping lawrence. She is like a young woman who found her first love (feelings she is not accustomed to being a wolf deity and not human). At the very least on the subject, she's been in wheat for 200yrs and any past relationships could simply have been forgotten. And just because she mentions men (or women) she knew, doesn't imply that it was anything other than platonic.

As for Lawrence, it would be weird for a 25yr to be a virgin, especially when he seems to have woman falling all over him. Hell, even the hottest one (Diana) asked "who is this handsome man?" Then again, it wouldn't surprise me considering his patience (caution) with Holo. And didn't he run away scared when they went to visit the hookers as a kid? (i thought that's what i remember from the subs/dubs (hulu))

either way, as others have pointed out, it's really irrelevant if Holo or Lawrence have had prior "experience". but i go with probably not (at least they both don't act like they do).
May 12, 2011 3:58 AM

Dec 2009
darkerealm said:
What? Sell Horo?!

*smacks Lawrence*

Aug 7, 2011 3:57 PM

May 2011
So virgins, neh.Must look more for the lost..or something. >.>
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Aug 7, 2011 5:02 PM
Aug 2009
the way Horo was teasing, she was more of provoking him to ask the question he asked (while not actually thinking that he would ask of it), and instead backfired at her. But well, it also backfired at Lawrence when she made that kind of expression, and stopped at further digging that topic. :)

Yeah, her teasing got really annoying there. You can't blame Lawrence for losing his cool and just asking her. Every time I watch that scene I marvel at his patience.. she's trying so damn hard to wind him up. It was nice later to see him openly tell her she was being frustrating (even if was with a pun).
Nov 2, 2011 8:46 AM

Feb 2009
Hmm, that was unexpected.
Dec 14, 2011 5:44 AM
Sep 2009
Some of the comments are quite amusing. I don't know where you people let your imaginations go. Sometimes I think we're watching a different show.

As for the "partners" thing, I think it couldn't be more obvious that this is her first experience with these "human" emotions. Remember, most of Holo's life is spent as a godzilla sized, magical, long-life female wolf or in a meta-wheat universe. her time spent as a human is probably a fraction to that of the others. the whole point of the conversation was to get back at Lawrence, the only way she could at the time, because he had the upper hand. She is possessive (jealous) and self-hating (stupid pride) for it as he described. She can't admit her feelings (as he can't) with that Pride she wields. So she bluffed, which he (agitated) called. but as larry does best, he brushed it off and made light of it.

The odds of her having multiple partners (or even one - especially a human) which she had experiences similar to Lawrence is 1M to 1. Diana said she heard of her "dancing with the young ladies", not "frolicking with the boys". I think most of you are really stretching it. Of course there is no concrete evidence, but the fact that she is this inexperienced with "love" or with a person who makes her feel as she does with Lawrence (constant blushing / jealousies / insecurities) tells me that she has no experience and this would be a first crush/intimate relationship (as of now w/o the physical part).

As for wolf partners, we don't know much about the going on's of deities and their similarities to their regular species. She's the size of house, so that rules out the norms. As for Yoitz, it's possible, but unlikely. I'd like to know more about what her species is like. We know more exist (arc 2/book 2), she says she was "born", it's been implied that she been around for 300-800yrs. Does she have parents, was she magically born from wheat? What? Is there a village in Yoitz where giant wolves congregate and drink? We learn very little in book 4. she seems to have a high standing in Yoitz, but nothing is laid out for you. Some of you say she's immortal, that is not correct. her life span is different than ours, that is all. Similar to how a normal wolfs lifespan is different than humans.

As for Larry, he's no better. As stated elsewhere, Jacob states that Larry and the boys took money when they were young to a brothel to lose their virginity. Even if we accept that as truth, that fact is for the last 8yrs, L has been in survival business mode, learning the trade. If he's kissed another woman during that time, i'd say that would be the extent of any relations. He's had a one track mind. Being on his own, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but not good either.

So, it's highly unlikely that the number of partners these two have had is greater than 1. (of course I could be wrong)
Dec 14, 2011 6:44 AM
Sep 2009
darkcrescendo said:
israfel070 said:
She hasn't slept with anyone in 200 years. We see her fully clothed before, during, and after the forest wolf thing. She gets naked later to transform and chase after the gold smugglers with Lawrence riding on her back. She just had to kneel and submit to him, which wounded her pride badly.

C'mon folks, she nearly killed Norah just for smiling at Lawrence too much :) Have more faith in the girl!

YEAH! do you remember what her thoughts were in the season 2 OVA, where she was reminiscing her memories in the inn?.. it's clear to me that she has not been with people for so VERY long that she clearly values her companionship with Lawrence that she has NO OTHER TIME TO THINK OF THE PAST because all she is thinking is of HIM NOW.

Also. Remember, when she first cried onto Lawrence's arms?..
..it was because for a long time she was LONELY! damn, how could anyone forget that??

and yes, there is not much evidence that she had slept with other man or otherwise. the way Horo was teasing, she was more of provoking him to ask the question he asked (while not actually thinking that he would ask of it), and instead backfired at her. But well, it also backfired at Lawrence when she made that kind of expression, and stopped at further digging that topic. :)

Seriously people, I don't where your imaginations run off to.

She has probably spent a fraction of her lifetime in human form (most as godzilla wolf, a lot in wheat, little in human). Diana said she was known to dance with the town girls at festivals. Not frolic in the hay with boys. Judging from her obvious inexperience (constant blushing and insecurities), i think it's safe to say this is her first experience with these particular human emotions (love / jealousy / insecurities / fear). Believing she's had multiple (or even one) intimate human relationship is a super stretch.

the who point of the conversation was a cruel (and only) way to get back at L for nailing her on her own emotions, Possessive (Jealous - check), followed by Self-Hating (Pride - check). She is everything he said, but she can't admit it so she turns the conversation. He (agitated) calls her bluff, which she didn't expect. As someone pointed out, the finger counting was make him mad, which worked...and she was holding no fingers up at the end.

Clearly neither of them are experienced (except L may have visited a brothel when he was young). Lawrence's inexperience is due to him being on his own and having to learn his trade (survival). Holo's inexperience is due to her never having met someone like Lawrence.

I won't even go into how she got the other wolf spirit to leave Lawrence alone (S1, Arc 2/Book 2). Seriously people, you can't be that dense. Can you?
Jan 18, 2012 1:38 AM

Dec 2010
Holo is getting somewhat more irritating to me with every next episode. She's cool as ever, but the way she acts as she's getting closer to her home is just too selfish - it's like she doesn't care at all at how a relationship with Lawrence will impact his life. I enjoy very much Lawrence's relationship with Abe, though. I just wonder what was this cliffhanger-try that Abe pulled at the end. It's already decided that we're entered the next arc in this show.
Holo is looking much better&kawaii than she did in Season 1 imo. I couldn't like her at all back then, but now she's really charming.
Lawrence face made me lmao xD
Mar 1, 2012 12:55 AM

Sep 2011
The answer is: No.
May 20, 2012 7:18 AM
Sep 2007
soh_vet said:
darkcrescendo said:
israfel070 said:

Seriously people, I don't where your imaginations run off to.

She has probably spent a fraction of her lifetime in human form (most as godzilla wolf, a lot in wheat, little in human). Diana said she was known to dance with the town girls at festivals. Not frolic in the hay with boys. Judging from her obvious inexperience (constant blushing and insecurities), i think it's safe to say this is her first experience with these particular human emotions (love / jealousy / insecurities / fear). Believing she's had multiple (or even one) intimate human relationship is a super stretch.

the who point of the conversation was a cruel (and only) way to get back at L for nailing her on her own emotions, Possessive (Jealous - check), followed by Self-Hating (Pride - check). She is everything he said, but she can't admit it so she turns the conversation. He (agitated) calls her bluff, which she didn't expect. As someone pointed out, the finger counting was make him mad, which worked...and she was holding no fingers up at the end.

Clearly neither of them are experienced (except L may have visited a brothel when he was young). Lawrence's inexperience is due to him being on his own and having to learn his trade (survival). Holo's inexperience is due to her never having met someone like Lawrence.

I won't even go into how she got the other wolf spirit to leave Lawrence alone (S1, Arc 2/Book 2). Seriously people, you can't be that dense. Can you?

soh_vet is correct in his reasoning. Holo never had any partners and was just teasing Lawerence, how I reached this conclusion, beyond the obvious of watching the episode carefully, wolf are monogamous they have only one partner for life, since law and holo are going to end up together, she has never had one.

Also she only kneeled to the other wolf deity, because she had crossed into his territory which is challenging his position has alpha. Also if anything happened between them she wouldn't have been allowed to leave obviously.
Liger01May 20, 2012 7:26 AM
May 20, 2012 9:58 AM
Aug 2009
Actually, if you watch and read carefully, you'll know that there is no guarantee either way about her "virginity". There's just evidence for and against it, to the point where you can pick either side and not be incorrect.

israfel is right that the entire point of that scene where she teases Lawrence was to make him feel jealous enough to show that jealousy. She had absolutely no reason to tease him about that otherwise, she already knew he didn't care about her "status". Reading beyond that is an exercise in futility, and even Lawrence realized that.

Liger is right about her encounter with the other giant wolf. She was short on time, that was why she submitted to the wolves. If she had to do anything more time-consuming than kneel and beg forgiveness for being in their territory, then she might as well kick some ass. You're free to read into it beyond that, but calling people dense for not sharing your illogical hypothesis isn't making much of a case for yourself.

On the flip-side, that wolves always "mate for life" is a myth. And her partner's life will end before hers does, so monogamy would be a brief thing to her. And she isn't simply a wolf. And so on, and so forth. Assuming she's never had a partner is your OWN romantic ideal, not something the story necessarily adheres to.
Aug 27, 2012 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
Well, Holo has said in the first season that this journey is funner than any journey she ever had previously. But the fact that she may or may not have had a lover in the past is irrelevant in my opinion. It doesn't change the fact that Holo's charm is amazing and Lawrence/every other guy who meets her falls in love with her instantly!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 28, 2012 9:37 AM

May 2012
Interesting episode it's nice to see how close they've become but that ending was quite confusing why would that other trader want to buy Horo?
May 5, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2013
Needs direct love confession, then kiss scene, then sex scene.
May 16, 2013 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
The teasing in the beginning, to me, was just that - teasing. Holo was just trying to get a rise out of Lawrence. I'm surprised so many comments were about this; when I was watching I didn't find any of it to be out of character for either of them.

Sell Holo? I hope this doesn't turn into another hair-brained scheme instead of a flat out no. Lawrence and his dang need for profit lol
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 17, 2013 2:35 PM

Apr 2013
Lawrence's answer should be like this "Not for sale of rent" :P
And i would advise Lawrence to buy the shoes which construction worker's use, or Holo will make his feet flat.
Pls Horo stop teasing Lawrence. You will break his hearth.
Only 3 more episodes left to watch. I hope this story will have a good conclusion.
Jan 15, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 2013
Oh shit. What a cliffhanger.

There's no way Lawrence would accept a deal like that. But I wonder what will get out of this. Ève seem really interrested in Holo.

Holo was so cute in that episode. She looked so lonely :(

That Rigoro is a cool guy in the end.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 15, 2014 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit. What a cliffhanger.

There's no way Lawrence would accept a deal like that. But I wonder what will get out of this. Ève seem really interrested in Holo.

Holo was so cute in that episode. She looked so lonely :(

That Rigoro is a cool guy in the end.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 1, 2014 11:47 PM

Aug 2012
Holo is love <3

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jun 15, 2014 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
Bitch, Lawrence wouldn't sell Holo (well... I hope not :O)
Jun 15, 2014 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
Bitch, Lawrence wouldn't sell Holo (well... I hope not :O)
Jul 27, 2014 2:00 AM

Apr 2014
BashZeStampeedo said:
Yeah, that's how I read it as well. The last couple of episodes, they've been trying to get each other to slip up and say something about their deeper feelings for each other. Lawrence, after his success with kissing her hand, seems to be getting a little over-confident, but isn't talking about his feelings. So she's concerned, and wants him to open up a little and admit things. But obviously, she can't just come out and say that, and she doesn't quite realize that all these vague word-games are part of the reason that he's getting so worked up and acting in a worrying way.

So in this episode, they're just dancing around each other, and she presses his buttons a little too far on purpose to get him to open up. When he realizes it, it's too late - he's already snapped at her for joking too much about irrelevant topics (virginity and whether he gives a damn, which he obviously doesn't so why does she keep bugging him about it?). But she still doesn't have an answer, and the only way she knows how to get one is to keep stamping his foot, giving him the cold shoulder, and making him carry all the books from Rigolo's.

He finally realizes what it's all about after he makes one final joke that cuts a little deep, causing her to snap at him (just like he did earlier in the episode). He then cleverly retorts, giving her the answer she is really after: he's acting weirdly just like she is, and is just as frustrated about them not being able to "come clean". In short, he's dealing with their relationship just like she is, and if she's also starting to crack and act strangely, then it's unfair to pressure him about his own behavior.

After all, he's too honest and easy to crack - the only way to keep from slipping up and saying something about his deeper feelings is to just avoid it altogether. But he doesn't have a prayer when it comes to getting her to admit anything - she can easily deflect him despite his best-efforts. It would be evil of him to lay out his feelings if she isn't willing to do the same - it will just put pressure on her to make a decision. In short, as she puts it later, they're in a "sweet and salty" relationship - they're both stuck until she's ready to take things further.

I dunno if I'm just sleep-deprived or the episode was a little too thick for me, so this interpretation helps me sort things out. Was lost for like 80% of the episode. Kept wondering why events and conversations were happening in the order they happened, Mr. Greenhouse/Book Collector the exception.
Sep 29, 2014 8:27 PM

Apr 2014
If he does sell her I want first dibsXD In this ep, I had wondered about the wheat in the bag she had on her neck, and I thought Lawrence had some too. I hadent seen it for a while. But I saw it in this awesome screenshot
XD:PXD:PXD:P
---------My Profile------------
Nov 28, 2014 9:45 PM

Nov 2011
I think this episode is proof that after so many attempts to be clever with words, they lose their meaning. The number of theories circling in this thread seems to be a testament to that.

In any case, there are a few things I know. Holo is very loyal to Lawrence and cares about him; Lawrence is uncomfortable with opening up to completely to Holo; and Holo and Lawrence are both beginning to realize the problem their incessant banter is causing.

They just need to talk plainly for a change, otherwise it will take them forever to figure each other out. It would leave too much time for mistakes to be made and for things to get messy

I'm predicting that Fleur is blackmailing Lawrence concerning Holo's tail/ears. The slave trade and prostitution are other conclusions, but I don't think they make nearly as much sense.

Good episode.
Dec 5, 2014 12:04 AM

Sep 2014
Good job Holo.. Your statement got people riled up here haha!

So she's a slave trader? If that's the case then she's another "frenemy".. Not that I'm complaining~ It sure makes the story "spicy" if anything else.. I just hope Lawrence will be able to address this issue well..
Mar 15, 2015 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
The sexual tension is so thick I could cut through it with a knife.

Horo and Lawrence are a prime example of a couple that needs to fuck already.

Lowering my rating.
Mar 16, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2012
Oh you guys, getting upset at Holo due to not understanding her personality after about 23 episodes >_> She is clearly a slut and not just messing around with Lawrence as usual.

DoctorCaim said:
The sexual tension is so thick I could cut through it with a knife.

Horo and Lawrence are a prime example of a couple that needs to fuck already.

Lowering my rating.

I find it odd that characters not having sex would be a reason to lower the rating of a series...well unless it's a hentai, then we have a problem.
May 4, 2015 10:01 AM
Nov 2014
This episode has some great Holo moments in it but that cliffhanger at the end though. ( time to go and watch the next episode ) It would be a dumb move if Lawrence agreed to sell Holo.
May 8, 2015 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Lol what? She wants Lawrence to sell Holo to her? Uhhh, I don't think hes gonna agree to that...@_@.
Shape430May 8, 2015 2:49 PM
Nov 4, 2015 4:11 PM
Nov 2015
The teasing went a bit overboard, and Lawrence said it himself that he is the most stupid male for not angry being teased like that, and that smirk at the end of teasing, it's as if she knew that Lawrence won't get angry, which is silly, cz she's not being considerate for Lawrence's feelings -_-
Jan 5, 2016 1:14 PM
Jan 2016
Great episode!!!
Aug 3, 2016 12:56 AM

Jul 2013
Lawrence better not think of selling Holo. He should have learnt his lesson with all the trouble that happened last time. That being said the preview for next episode doesn't seem to be very good.

So much tension between Lawrence and Holo. They really need to openly express their feelings to each other and solidify their relationship before someone gets hurt. I don't dislike how much the tease one another but I fear at some point they might just go too far.
Sep 10, 2016 3:27 AM

Oct 2012
Holo and all of her teasing.. Gradually will drive Lawrence to crazy xD

Males are stupid creatures
Can't agree more than that xD

"Would you like to sell your companion?"
"Signature removed"
Jun 6, 2017 4:57 PM

Nov 2015

What?! To sell Holo? JA! Keep dreaming!

Really, I never get tired of seeing Lawrence's and Holo's interactions with each other. Those are so cute, clumsy, evil-ish (holo, all the time), sweet and mature. I don't know what else they need to make the jump and be honest with each other. I mean, it's a 24/7 flirt! Unfortunately, for the nature of Holo and Lawrence himself, their conclusion my be bittersweet...or maybe even epic. Oh...

Anyway, to the next ep!
Feb 16, 2019 4:39 PM

Nov 2016
Offering Holo seems out of the question, but I guess it's not that simple.

Cute as always.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 9, 2019 12:38 AM

Aug 2017
Holo stinks. Lawrence is an idiot and about to get caught up in another scheme. I don't think I like Wolf and Spice.
Oct 7, 2019 10:21 AM

Apr 2013
What a strange question in the end, the answer is obviously no?
Dec 5, 2019 3:01 PM
Apr 2016
Holo's teasing reached a whole other level this episode, oh my. Well, she wasn't serious, clearly, but I can see why Lawrence asked "how many" either way.
Jan 26, 2021 4:35 PM

Jul 2017
Might be weird saying this despite the show's great ability to constantly be fun and enjoyable with the banter and the blossoming, slow-burn relationship between Holo and Lawrence, but this one was a bit boring. Other than the teasing about how many Holo had, nothing really stood out to me other than the fact that Holo's scared about being separated from Lawrence at the end of their journey. It was quite the surprise hearing Fleur suggest Lawrence to sell Holo for the sake of her business ventures, but really for the most part, this episode felt a bit meh overall in my opinion and the arc so far's lacking that interest in the business side too, let alone the character side although the one highlight from it so far surrounds the mystery of Fleur's nature if I had to pick a good aspect of it from the few episodes I've seen.
Oct 17, 2021 9:21 PM
Feb 2021
Another great episode. So she is convincing Loren to sell Holo therefore they can obtain fur since they don't have much money.
Sep 13, 2023 10:01 AM

Dec 2022
I'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt and assume the "counting sheep" and "males getting tempted" lines are merely jokes without any real implications, and that Holo is still a virgin. Given that I could pass it off as just an attempt to induce jealousy, that's hopefully all it is.

Realistically, Lawrence could just immediately reject the notion of selling Holo, but that would resolve the incoming drama here before it ever got off the ground, so who knows.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 10, 2023 9:43 PM

Oct 2018
Weird question at the end, does abe know that Holo's a wolf or something? Otherwise it'd make no sense to be asking for this, I like rigolo alot but I feel like his character design could've been alot better than this, Also is it just me or do i keep thinking that there's gotta be more to the Old man? Wouldn't really be odd to me If he played a major role in this arc besides just being an inn master.
Nov 9, 2023 3:22 AM

Oct 2020
I don't really know what they were going for with that "cliffhanger" ending as if we're supposed to believe Lawrence would consider selling Holo
Maybe the shock-factor they were trying to highlight was how Fleur/Eve somehow knows Holo isn't human

Anyway at least we got to see some nice visuals with the greenhouse orchard area in Rigoro's mansion.. I was starting to get tired of the bland copy/pasted background buildings
Jan 1, 9:44 AM

Nov 2013
Say what now, mate?! (about the ending)
Apr 18, 10:11 PM

Jul 2023
Cute than whenever there's a new woman, Holo stomps Laurence's foot.

Anyway, the Church has always been part of the discussion but they don't deal with it directly.

I wonder if there will be an arc where Holo and Laurence have to fight the Church.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

291 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Today, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

dbaranyi - Aug 5, 2009

204 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Today, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Derp - Jul 30, 2009

149 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Today, 1:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.