Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2009 3:24 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another good episode. Excellent pace, great reactions and worldenddominator. A shame the You are incompetent line was cut though.

LunarEmeraldSep 2, 2009 4:03 PM
Sep 2, 2009 3:39 PM

Sep 2007
I really liked Rosa's expressions this time, although I still hate her more than any other character in Umineko... And piece-Battler was nice too... But the most awesome was Gohda :D I like him more and more. Maybe I should stop listening to Happy Maria all the time XD
Sep 2, 2009 3:40 PM
Apr 2009
If they don't use worldenddominator during this:

I have no hope for this anime.
DenwaSep 2, 2009 3:43 PM
Sep 2, 2009 3:57 PM

Jun 2008
MarthX said:
A shame the You are incompetent line was cut though.

it really is a shame. I was so sure that they would keep that line. And it would make all the Battler haters happy.

Gohda is so funny. Beelzebub's voice is even more annoying than Asmo's but I guess it doesn't matter since she won't be in it much.

I'm still really suspicious of George for this arc.
Sep 2, 2009 5:35 PM

Dec 2008
Somebody post a link to the raw please.
Sep 2, 2009 5:41 PM

Jun 2008
titanguy654 said:

http://up.b9dm.com/lz/11355.html
Sep 2, 2009 5:47 PM

Dec 2008
hirahira said:
titanguy654 said:

http://up.b9dm.com/lz/11355.html

Thanks. :)
Sep 2, 2009 5:53 PM

Jul 2008
I liked it. The ending scene with Beato and her minions was perfectly creepy.

Is the next episode the last of the arc? And if so...

Sep 2, 2009 5:54 PM
Mar 2008
MarthX said:
worldenddominator.

Kinda dissappointed that they didn't use World End Dominator for the entirety of that scene, from when Beato appears in the chapel all the way to the end. It gave the whole scene in the VN cohesion and made for a pretty tense 6 minutes. The anime, a good 2 minutes. That's more than what we heard of Rahu Goldenslaughter at least!

I like the fact that the song has actual violins in the arrangement though. What irks me more is that whoever does the mixing needs to turn the volume up a bit for the zts and -45's songs. You can barely even hear them in the anime.

Also, Gohda in the anime wins, just for being able to hear him squeal like a little schoolgirl.
Sep 2, 2009 6:31 PM

Dec 2008
*Cough* Join the Gohda Fanclub *cough*
Sep 2, 2009 6:36 PM

Mar 2009
worldenddominator <3

That's all I have to declare, I hope they'll use this for...

Edit: Sorry, spoiler tag added.
NeverSleepSep 2, 2009 7:02 PM
Sep 2, 2009 6:36 PM

Jun 2009
MARIA LOOKS KYUTE IN THIS EPISODE
OH NO I TURNING INTO LOLICON
Sep 2, 2009 7:59 PM
Jul 2009
lol, it's unbelievable that the review writers would give this steamer a 10. I'm amazed.
Sep 2, 2009 8:24 PM

Jul 2009
there was thrill at the end but in the middle of episode, it just didnt feel right.
and i can definitely confirm it by now (if i havent already done) that Battler is for sure one of the biggest dumbass in this show. all his reactions just feel sooo unnatural and simply idiotic most of the time. i just cannot put myself into his shoes i guess.
and yeah, i am also quite positive i will follow this show till the end, not that I want to find out the real murderer myself (anymore) or I have any great expectation though (just...somehow on the same interest-level as princess-lover and i do somehow like it lol)
Sep 3, 2009 3:53 AM
Apr 2009
israfel070 said:
lol, it's unbelievable that the review writers would give this steamer a 10. I'm amazed.

Hurr.
Sep 3, 2009 6:02 AM
Mar 2009
Meh < thats how I feel about umineko

If only the show took itself seriously, it might actually be good, but now I just watch it for mindless entertainment like Needless and such

Theres so much unecessary crap in this anime, beatrice evil laughs, maria evil faces, every woman having huge boobs, and so on, its like they tried placing every cliche in the same anime

Higurashi was WAY better than this, in every way possible

Umineko would be fun if there was actually a chance that no magic was used, but give me a break, goatmen, flying daggers, golden butterflies? Lol, not even David Copperfield could pull that off

Theres no way they can get a realistic explanation for that, which is why Im already getting ready for the disappointment to come
Sep 3, 2009 6:09 AM

Jul 2008
Their expressions were just so awesome in this episode aswell ! This was so well-paced that I really enjoyed watching this. But Battler is annoying >__<

Sep 3, 2009 6:15 AM

Jul 2009
Frostwake said:

If only the show took itself seriously, it might actually be good, but now I just watch it for mindless entertainment like Needless and such

Theres so much unecessary crap in this anime, beatrice evil laughs, maria evil faces, every woman having huge boobs, and so on, its like they tried placing every cliche in the same anime

Umineko would be fun if there was actually a chance that no magic was used, but give me a break, goatmen, flying daggers, golden butterflies? Lol, not even David Copperfield could pull that off

Theres no way they can get a realistic explanation for that, which is why Im already getting ready for the disappointment to come

Without magic, there is no difference between Umineko and tons of other standard murder mysteries. It's the "witches" factor that makes Umineko unique.

And about the "cliches" you mentioned, Higurashi has all of them too.
Sep 3, 2009 6:27 AM

Sep 2007
Frostwake said:

You shouldn't believe everything you see in Umineko...especially if it's related to magic. Everything that wasn't said in red can't be considered as truth.

And yeah, as 4saken_762 said, Higurashi had all the cliches too... big boob characters, cute souding lolies, lot of moe characters etc.
Sep 3, 2009 6:29 AM

Aug 2009
I just remember that a lot of people hated Higurashi around now and then grew to like it eventually.

Anyway, silly screen caps!

Damn, that's a cute face...

I was reading some weird incest vibes at that part like "Okay why is she running her fingers through his hair?" :P

"Watashi wa Kira desu..."

or if you like,

"JUST AS PLANNED!"
Sep 3, 2009 6:32 AM

Jul 2009
garfield15 said:
I just remember that a lot of people hated Higurashi around now and then grew to like it eventually.

Yeah, and a lot others watched it (ss1) just because of the violence.
Sep 3, 2009 6:42 AM

Jun 2008
Denwa said:

I have no hope for this anime.

EDIT:
DarkiiSep 3, 2009 6:46 AM
Sep 3, 2009 6:54 AM
Dec 2007
Very interesting episode scriptwise. I see less and less who could be the culprit, if not Beatrice. Only Kinzo remains as a plausible - and logical - culprit now, since he hasn't been found dead anywhere in the first two chapters (that would be the same pattern as Miyo in HnnKn, but well...) and is obviously the most suspicious character out of all the family.

In terms of direction, developments, music etc... it was quite good, but nothing more.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 3, 2009 7:37 AM

Jul 2009
Rushed !?!? That's what we should fear for the next episode.
This ep is too slow.
Sep 3, 2009 8:44 AM

Jul 2009
the prim suspects havent changed for me after this episode, it is still Rosa and Genji, whereas Rosa being the one "behind the scene" and genji fulfilling the "killer" role (it suites his character as well) and shanon being the "helper of killer" :D
according to this, it is very naturally to suggest kanon is as well one of them, but the red word says he is dead already so there might be something tricky happened to why shanon is still "helping" after kanon died.

Based on the wolf and sheep story. wolves only have chance when they gain majority of the area. There were 5 people in the room last episode. the 2 killed are suggested to be sheep and the other three (Genji, gohda, shanon) suggested to be wolves, which fits the story.

But Gohda died this episode, which is what i was expecting, due to the way how he reacted after that killing, it was suggesting he wasnt one of the culprits but was simply too foolish and got tricked (by the real murderer('s accomplice))
Of course theres the other explanation that gohda is indeed one of the culprits but he freaked out after the murder and the others are afraid that he might lose control, therefore he got killed before he talks too much (though personally Im not for this one)

lets say if gohda is not one of the culprits, then it would fit with those exact words and how he described the murder scene of the doctor and the old woman. he didnt tell battler and rosa it was kanon but he said it was someone covered in wound. It was Genji who suggested the person might be Kanon. And Gohda didnt mention any kind of magic sword, which should be the first thing anyone would talk about if it really happened (therefore it didnt).

So if at least half of those is true, then George would be the next one to die, and shanon with him, because he is the next one to be thrown into a "wolf majority" area (coincidentally the opposite of what Rosa said. :D )

ps: I didnt want to do this, but seems like I end up speculating again ... :-)
Sep 3, 2009 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
Damn, since i played eps 4 and watch this episode, i now hate Rosa more and more.

Aww man, BattlerxMaria scene were did wonderfully !! That scene was really adorable !!

What to be ashamed is that Beelzebub didn't shows up properly
Sep 3, 2009 10:21 AM
Jul 2009
Anyone else dissapointed that...

I don't see how Rosa saying goodbye to the servants for a minute is more important than that.
Sep 3, 2009 10:25 AM

Jul 2008
lolz for some funny reason i had to lol at the part when he tried locking the door but was no use while panicking
Sep 3, 2009 10:27 AM

Jun 2007
ashkon77 said:
Anyone else dissapointed that...

I don't see how Rosa saying goodbye to the servants for a minute is more important than that.

It's so you're like: oh, Rosa is being nice. Maybe she's not so bad after all.

Then in the next scene she shows that she was bullshitting them and doesn't care.

Stark contrast to Natsuhi, who actually did care and felt bad.
Sep 3, 2009 10:30 AM

Oct 2008
ClearSinz said:
lolz for some funny reason i had to lol at the part when he tried locking the door but was no use while panicking

I was, too.
xD
Nice episode.
Sep 3, 2009 10:42 AM

Aug 2008
Another bad episode. Battler is always so over the top and cliche in his actions, that even if he's doing something as simple as stopping Rosa from slapping Maria and then giving her a hug, it comes off as fake and contrived. By the way...weren't Maria's hands as big as Battlers?

There are two things going on in my head right now:
1) The murders on this board were the cause of humans and the mastermind is Rosa with Nanjo and Shannon (without either knowing about the other), except that if everything carries over from the real murder to the "game" then they died in real life. And there really is no explanation for fake Kanon.
2) Magic is real, and it's just unfortunate that it's presented in such a hokey way.

I find it really ridiculous that none of the three servants could properly convey what happened (or at least what they saw) in that room. That really made me extra suspicious for all of them. Is it so hard to say that someone who looked like Kannon tried to kill them but was defeated by a spiderweb, and killed two of them in the process?

And I'm pretty sure that letter wasn't there when they walked in the room and did that overhead shot, but Rosa just acted like it wasn't a surprise and opened the letter.

My thing is that since the "magic" stuff is going on totally unexplained, I just don't trust this game board at all, so it's a bust. The most important thing I took out of the episode is what Maria said about magic needing to take a risk for the pay off to be big. At any rate, I'm almost determined to believe the opposite of what Battler thinks at any given time.
Sep 3, 2009 12:16 PM

Feb 2008
Gohda's voice actor is annoying beyond words.
Sep 3, 2009 12:18 PM
Mar 2009
Thats my problem too, its pretty obvious magic exists at this point, and that makes the show worthless

I mean, wasnt the whole fun seeing Battler try to prove that everything happened without magic? Well if magic exists he already lost and I dont see the point of the anime at all

Some witch kills a bunch of people over and over with random magic, weeee

Unless they pull an higurashi and explain the magic as delusions of people -.- maybe theres also a secret virus here and people start seeing golden butterflies after lvl 5 rofl
Sep 3, 2009 12:24 PM

Jun 2007
Something that was left out.

Battler: "I've finally started to see it... Eat this Beato! Repeat it! 'There's no one in this room other than us!'
What do you think?!! You can't say it, right?!

Beatrice: " Hoh... hoh....!"

Battler: "I'll bet I hit you were it hurts. If you refuse, say you refuse, damn it! Here comes the next one!! Repeat it!!"

Beatrice: No one exists in this room except all of you. All of you refers to Battler, George, Maria, Rosa Genji, Gohda, and Shannon.

Battler: "...wha..."

Beatrice: "Let's go back to Jessica's room. When Jessica's corpse was discovered, only Battler, George, Maria, Rosa, Genji, Gohda, Shannon, Kuwasama, and Nanjo were in Jessica's room. Whoops, the corpse of Jessica is also included. Therefore, both in the case in Jessica's room and this case in the servants' room, no humans exist that you weren't aware of. No one is hiding.

"and I'll say more. No method exists by which the door can be locked from the outside without using a key. Regarding the window, no method exists by which it could somehow be locked from the outside.

"And let me say this. You are incompetent!
*cackle* hi-hihihihihihihihihihihi!!
Sep 3, 2009 12:35 PM

Apr 2009
garfield15 said:

"Watashi wa Kira desu..."

or if you like,

"JUST AS PLANNED!"

EL OH EL.

The Battler/Maria scene was cute though :) Battler is a wimp xP

MarthX said:

FACES = PRICELESS
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 3, 2009 12:38 PM

Jun 2007
Frostwake said:
Thats my problem too, its pretty obvious magic exists at this point, and that makes the show worthless

I mean, wasnt the whole fun seeing Battler try to prove that everything happened without magic? Well if magic exists he already lost and I dont see the point of the anime at all

Unless they pull an higurashi and explain the magic as delusions of people -.- maybe theres also a secret virus here and people start seeing golden butterflies after lvl 5 rofl

You've stopped thinking. You can't take everything you see at face value. What you're being shown isn't necessarily the truth. It could be just someone's interpretation of how something happened. You have to look underneath the surface. Why couldn't Gohda and the others clearly explain what happened in the servants room? Why does magic have to have risk? Why does Beatrice bother with keeping the door unlocked and killing the person keeping it shut? She could magically teleport inside the room. Why does the door matter?
Sep 3, 2009 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
My understanding is that on Rokkenjima, both magical AND real events are happening at the same time and are equally possible to explain the outcome with. Any event can have exactly two correct explanations - magical and real. That`s what bounds Beatrice and also gives Battler the chance to actually play the game. Don`t look at magical shows, see the result and try to deduce what REALLY happened. If Battler succeeds in all of the explanations magic will go POOF and only the real culprit and real circumstances will remain.
Sep 3, 2009 1:15 PM
Sep 2008
Which is the whole point of the series...

Beezlebub's appearance was lovely. And the scene of Gohda locking the door... wasn't nearly as funny as it was in the visual novel, but that's probably a good thing.

Magic doesn't need to be explained. That's why it's called magic.
Sep 3, 2009 1:23 PM

Jul 2009
Frostwake said:

lol, I though by this point it is pretty obvious magic doesnt exist no matter how I see it. If it does actually exist, too many things dont make sense at all when you think about it.
"well, how do you want to explain the goat servants and light-saber stuffs?" is that what you going to ask? well, I think you should see the story this way:

After you experienced some very extraordinary events of murders, you found yourself waking up one day only to be told that everyone else you met during those events is killed. And the person who is telling you the story is trying to convince you that they were all killed by magic, not by human hands. Do you believe it? No? But that person is going to prove you it was magic by retelling the whole events again, only where those parts you didnt know about (because you weren't there etc), he makes up a magic story for it, which only sounds very convincing. Do you believe it at once without thinking about it? (thats what you are doing :P )

ps: i don't really love this anime mostly because of the art/animation and some obvious stuffs that could be improved, and also there is not one single character i like in this show. but i think story-ish it is quite well-thought.
Sep 3, 2009 1:34 PM
Mar 2009
Another good episode, I'm happy that they used Worldenddominator and it left quite a cliffhanger at the end of the episode. Like everyone else has said up to this point, I'm a little disappointed they didn't use You are incompetent towards Battler, but it's not that big of a deal. So far many can tell he's already incompetent through these first 10 episodes.

This episode went by a little slower than the others which makes me concerned for the next episode, I just hope they pace it well.

I found this little excerpt from a site I dare not speak of on here. This is for some people who still does not understand Battler and probably hate him to some degree. I'll put this in a spoiler tag since there might be some minor spoilers but it won't ruin the story for you.

I hope with that some of you Battler haters will simmer down a little bit. And hopefully you can start looking at this story from his perspective instead of from your beliefs, otherwise I don't see how you can enjoy this story. It's okay to be anti-mystery but you have to understand the other side of the battle as well.
HaiShangSep 3, 2009 2:39 PM
Sep 3, 2009 2:26 PM
Dec 2008
wow im beginning to believe its another setting like in higurashi and teh culprit is different everytime just like in the worlds of higurashi. and if it was done by a human, then the virus/drug thing also repeats just like in higurashi, since gohda mustve been seeing some delusions due to the virus/drug.
i think its genji. it was so ridiculous that he stayed alone in order to stay with his master and stuff. when gohda was killed, gohda,george, and shannon were in teh room while rosa, maria, and batler was in the other. that means genji was the only one able to roam around.
Sep 3, 2009 2:31 PM
Apr 2009
Frostwake said:

:3
You will never experience beato's troll face ;_;.Maria isn't even a fucking crazy bitch or anything as the anime makes her seem, they're basically cashing in on "LOL PSYCHOTIC LOLIS MADE US ALOT OF MONEY"
Hey faggot, this was never intended to be higurashi
Magic has never been proven in this show or the vn.

USE THE BLUE

I'm pretty sure others have gotten you for this, but hey I'll get you too!
Although my explanations probably weren't as good as theirs :
DenwaSep 3, 2009 2:34 PM
Sep 3, 2009 2:36 PM

Sep 2007
You know, you guys should just stop watching, its like Higurashi S2 all over again, if you come for the obvious and gore, you should go and watch Elfen Lied or something.

Good ep, had all the important stuff, but yeah, I wont bother with the lack of details, for Im just going to enjoy seeing my favourite scenes animated, thats all what this adaption is for, you know.

Sep 3, 2009 2:36 PM

Jun 2007
And for those that don't get Batter this episode.

He accepted the witch because he's tired of being unable to trust each other, tired of everybody accusing each other. He considers everyone important and doesn't want to suspect them. Beatrice created a situation where it's seemingly impossible to not suspect them and deny the witch. So instead of suspecting them, he accepted the witch.
Sep 3, 2009 2:37 PM

Aug 2007
Okay.... hmmm.... I'm confused....
What is Beezlebub, what is worldenddominator? This show is really lacking explanations...

Also, didn't Battler lose as he's admitting that the witch exist??!
Sep 3, 2009 2:40 PM

Jun 2007
Be
MRLX69 said:
What is Beezlebub, what is worldenddominator? This show is really lacking explanations...

Beelzebub is the name of the Sister of Purgatory that killed Gohda. You don't learn her name till later.

worldenddominator is the name of the song playing when Gohda sees the goats coming towards the room. It's one of Umineko's best tracks but the anime pales to the original.

And yes Battler does lose by accepting the witch.
Sep 3, 2009 2:42 PM
Mar 2009
MRLX69 said:

Beezlebub is one of Stakes of Purgatory, she is like that girl you saw kill Kanon by turning into a Stake.

Worldenddominator is just BGM from the game that was used here in the anime. The song was played during the end of the episode when the goats appeared.

And as for as Battler admitting the witch exist. Let's just say the Battler from the Meta world =/= The Battler from the real world a.k.a. Piece Battler, so the game isn't over yet. But he's very well on his way to losing this part of the game since his piece is giving in.
Sep 3, 2009 2:56 PM

Aug 2007
Thanks a lot PsychFreak and MarthX!
MRLX69Sep 3, 2009 3:00 PM
Sep 3, 2009 3:00 PM
Mar 2009
Meh you people keep missing the point, what I mean is, this would be a great "detective" show, if everything that happened was actually real

But currently, if its true that theres no magic, they are making 100% use of a point of view of some character that is hallucinating and seeing things that arent there

I mean its just so out there that its not smart anymore... Anyone could come up with a story like this

For anyone that watched the movie "Vantage Point", THAT is how you do the "different points of view" thing, the exact same event keeps repeating, but every time you see it through another character... and everything you see from the start is real and happened, but since it keeps switching from person to person, theres always things you dont see, and the fun is seeing it all come together

But not here, the fact that we see goats and daggers and golden butterflies and teleporting beatrices means that either there is magic, or someones having big time hallucinations, which is as overplayed as it gets
Sep 3, 2009 3:09 PM
Feb 2009
damn Gohda died he was rele awsome lol
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.