Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 20, 2014 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
ooooooooooooo mane

"Please grow up."

sheeeeeeeeeeeei

Here it is folks. Last episode's where it finally starts, and ends. Goddamnit.
zetsu_shorenAug 20, 2014 8:24 AM
Nov 22, 2014 9:10 PM
Jun 2013
This anime went in a completely different direction than what I was expecting. Can't help but think everything would be a lot better if Yasuko bowed out sooner.She's even more annoying now. Pompous demeanor, insensitivity, and selfishness. I didn't really care much for her apology at the end. She wasn't trying to express that in the beginning, she was just being selfish again, running back to Fumi. She was apologetic and wants to cry when she gets called out on it all and is rejected. Completely her fault. I would have rather seen Fumi and Ah-Chan as a couple. Fumi and Yasuko never really had chemistry to me anyways, it was always an awkward matchup imo.

While I understand its a milestone for their to be such transparency about
homosexuality/bisexuality in anime, these relationships are incredibly
lackluster. Most of the time it's just uninteresting to me. Everything is so
bland...great organ piece in this episode though.
Jan 14, 2015 1:31 PM
Aug 2012
The ol' two fisted combo from Fumi, wam WAM! good, I don't much sympathize with Sugimoto. glad to see some spark to Fumi finallyyy

Achan is just the perfect best friend per usual. Good for her
Feb 21, 2015 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
"Then be a woman and move on." Fumi really laid down exactly what Yasuko needed to hear. That was really bold and admirable of her, it really goes to show how she's grown from the breakup and has come out of her timid shell.
Aug 12, 2015 10:05 AM
Aug 2012
I enjoy reading comment on this series very thoroughly-because it's very interesting to know what others feel and think about such anime. As for me I feel sad that only 1 episode is left for me,I want to see all manga animated, though(( There was too many emotions and feeling of too many people and most of them feel pain in their hearts,they know that it will make them stronger but still they don't want to let that fluttering feelings of youth go
May 6, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2014
Way to go Fumi! I'm glad she said that.
Jan 22, 2017 11:31 PM

Oct 2012
Yasuko is wearing a SUIT. I can't even.
Oh my GOD, I just love Yasuko so much. And Fumi is so straight forward. That hurt.
Apr 3, 2017 5:26 PM

Jan 2015
Can't help but think Fumi is quite hypocritical on this one. At least Yasuko went to her sister's wedding, when Fumi wouldn't even face her cousin anymore.
Yasuko is the one who grew the most throghout the show. Fumi still has a ways to go.
Apr 6, 2017 8:54 AM
Jan 2012
Yasuko doesn't give a damn, hm? She does as she pleases. From the way she dresses, to the way she treats people. I both like and I hate that.

Anyways, I didn't expect Fumi to say that. Wow.

Also, I really don't like Akira's brother. He is so clingy to Akira it is creepy.
Apr 14, 2017 6:57 PM

Jun 2013
Fumi is savage. The moment was satisfying because Fumi stood up to Yacchan, but also because the latter might actually get it now. I don't really feel bad for her, but I'm glad she's actually capable of remorse.

It was a cute theme, how people mimic the ones they adore. And it cleared it up why Yasuko was so bothered by Kyouko, after the foreshadowing during the school play episode.

HapHazrD said:
Can't help but think Fumi is quite hypocritical on this one. At least Yasuko went to her sister's wedding, when Fumi wouldn't even face her cousin anymore.
Yasuko is the one who grew the most throghout the show. Fumi still has a ways to go.

While technically it's true that eventually Fumi will have to get better at controlling her emotions, and she's obviously not perfect, I don't think you're making a fair comparison. The fact that Fumi doesn't want to face her cousin or Yasuko is because she knows that seeing her cousin would be painful and she wants to avoid that pain, while Yasuko probably tagged along with Fumi either as a means to distract herself and make herself feel better, or for her own amusement - which is the direct reason why Fumi told her to "grow up". What you said implies that since Yasuko had a painful experience, she is entitled to give Fumi the same treatment, as if it were Fumi's fault that Yasuko, whether on her own volition or not, went to her sister's wedding.

Not to mention that, as far as I know, keeping close contact with an ex or the object of an unrequited crush or ex will most likely interfere with the process of moving on, in its early stages at the very least. This is not like a phobia that you can "conquer" by facing the object that causes it.

Still, it's kind of interesting that these characters can be apparently interpreted in such wildly different ways.
LeeTailorApr 15, 2017 6:47 AM
Apr 15, 2017 2:26 AM

Jan 2015
LeeTailor said:
HapHazrD said:

While technically it's true that eventually Fumi will have to get better at controlling her emotions, and she's obviously not perfect, I don't think you're making a fair comparison. The fact that Fumi doesn't want to face her cousin or Yasuko is because she knows that seeing her cousin would be painful and she wants to avoid that pain, while Yasuko probably tagged along with Fumi either as a means to distract herself and make herself feel better, or for her own amusement - which is the direct reason why Fumi told her to "grow up". What you said implies that since Yasuko had a painful experience, she is entitled to give Fumi the same treatment, as if it were Fumi's fault that Yasuko, whether on her own volition or not, went to her sister's wedding.

Not to mention that, as far as I know, keeping close contact with an ex or the object of an unrequited crush or ex will most likely interfere with the process of moving on, in its early stages at the very least. Remember, this is not like a phobia that you can "conquer" by facing the object that causes it.

Still, it's kind of interesting that these characters can be apparently interpreted in such wildly different ways.

I really didn't see it that way. Yes, Yasuko was using Fumi at the beginning of their relationship, but she distanced herself after realizing she was doing something wrong. She went to the wedding to face her past and try to move on. For the same reason, she went to see Fumi and apologize for her earlier behaviour, although Fumi didn't let her do that.
Yasuko knows she screwed up and tries to make good with it in order to turn the page and start anew.

On the other hand, Fumi didn't go to her cousin's wedding, didn't even go see her at all since, and now pushes Yasuko away too. Instead of facing her painful experiences head on, she's running away from them. Both of them try to cope from rejection and unrequited love but, when Yasuko does it through affirmative action, Fumi refuses to confront it and instead tries to forget about it entirely but never can. While Fumi's behaviour is understandable, I don't think it's either healthy nor laudable. She won't always be able to turn a blind eye to everything she dislikes in the future, and she can't continue to rely so heavily on Akira for support.

HapHazrDApr 15, 2017 6:47 AM
Apr 15, 2017 9:52 AM

Jun 2013
HapHazrD said:
I really didn't see it that way. Yes, Yasuko was using Fumi at the beginning of their relationship, but she distanced herself after realizing she was doing something wrong. She went to the wedding to face her past and try to move on. For the same reason, she went to see Fumi and apologize for her earlier behaviour, although Fumi didn't let her do that.
Yasuko knows she screwed up and tries to make good with it in order to turn the page and start anew.

On the other hand, Fumi didn't go to her cousin's wedding, didn't even go see her at all since, and now pushes Yasuko away too. Instead of facing her painful experiences head on, she's running away from them. Both of them try to cope from rejection and unrequited love but, when Yasuko does it through affirmative action, Fumi refuses to confront it and instead tries to forget about it entirely but never can. While Fumi's behaviour is understandable, I don't think it's either healthy nor laudable. She won't always be able to turn a blind eye to everything she dislikes in the future, and she can't continue to rely so heavily on Akira for support.

Thanks for tagging the spoiler. Again, I fully agree that Fumi needs to learn to face her problems head-on and to be more independent from Akira. I just believe that forcing herself to see her exes too soon would prevent her from moving on, and I also believe that Yasuko has no right to force Fumi to do any of these things. That's not to say Yasuko is a bad person necessarily. In addition, I didn't get the impression that Yasuko tagged along with Akira because she planned on apologizing to Fumi. I haven't read the manga, so that could be a reason. In conclusion, I propose to agree to disagree. (And please don't give me any details from the manga, as I'm planning on reading it.)
LeeTailorApr 15, 2017 9:58 AM
Jul 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
man, Yasuko had some nerve tagging along to the meetup, but it lead to the biggest most calm roast from Fumi so its a win
Mar 27, 2020 6:19 AM

Aug 2018
Well, Fumi is the only one not invited by Sugimoto, it seems..
Whole story of Sugimoto Yasuko.. I'm glad we got it..
Well, Fumi once said.. Maybe in first episode.. That it's hard for her to say "no".. Now she's with strength is able to tell Yasuko that she doesn't want to drag their relationship, and they need to separate.. Admirable, in a way.. And still sad.. I wouldn't agree with Fumi that it's about "maturing", though.. Saying this word, we really say nothing a lot of the times.. Taking responsibility, deciding, what you want to do, thinking about other person's feelings and other things that could Fumi say - yes.. Maturing - an empty word, really.. But that's for me, personally.. But Fumi didn't really have to say anything to Yasuko.. In the end.. Fumi decided, how she wants to live her life now, and that she doesn't want to have these relationships with Yasuko.. Yasuko needs to decide these things as well.. How to live her life.. What relationships to have..
Oct 31, 2021 11:35 AM

Jun 2016
The day of Sugimoto's sister's wedding. Ah, such a nice occasion, well, not for everyone tho.

Now that we are 10 eps in, I can say for certain I no longer care for the relationship aspect of the show, you know, the whole thing the shows based around, or at least part of it is. But, hey, only one more ep of it to go, so there's a positive for me, hehe.

Sugimoto got a taste of the cold hard truth. Admittedly, it came from Fumi, who is not exactly mature herself. But Fumi did nothing wrong, ever. If you believe that anyway. Ohohoho...

Apr 4, 2022 6:42 PM

Jun 2014
I don't think Sugimoto expected Fumi to say what she said to her, but perhaps she needed to hear it.

Fumi has become much stronger.

Jun 10, 2023 10:33 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Can you made a more handsome dude rather then a curly dull dude ? What is the plus point of him i still doesn't see it at all
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MRLX69 - Jul 1, 2009

129 by hagukoko »»
Mar 14, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fugles - Sep 9, 2009

127 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Aug 12, 2009

65 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 6, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Jul 15, 2009

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 5, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2009

80 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.