Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2014 3:47 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hibito!

Wholly unsatisfying. There had better be a better conclusion to this emotional roller coaster!
AllografterMar 22, 2014 8:54 AM

Mar 22, 2014 6:59 AM
Dec 2012
How can this be last ep? ;( I cant live without Space Brothers!! ;( <3 Come back soon! Dont make me wait too long ;'( <3

Cried so hard in the end! T__T

Does someone know why they stopped? Any official news? ;(
Mar 22, 2014 7:01 AM

Jul 2012
I need more episodes SO BAD!
T____T

*Starts reading the manga unconsciously*
Mar 22, 2014 7:19 AM

Apr 2009
Too bad it's over. I hope new episodes will come soon.
Mar 22, 2014 7:25 AM

Apr 2010
This series will surely be missed, I've never loved an anime more than this one. I thought the end was very satisfying, but I do want to see more ;_;
Mar 22, 2014 7:33 AM

Aug 2008
It doesn't really feel like an ending, but I'm fine with it, it feel like an very open ending (not really a ending though).

Even though the recent episodes wasn't as good as the 2012-2013, I need to give a 10 to Uchuu Kyoudai. I learn a lot and I feel like it encouraged me a lot too. It's an anime that has a very special place in my heart.

Goodbye my weekends with Uchuu Kyoudai, it has been 2 years it has accompanied me. :') I can't wait to see it back!
Mar 22, 2014 7:46 AM

May 2008
The last scene was so moving with Vince going to space. It really felt like a new beginning and I hope we will see a sequel of it someday.
Mar 22, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
I hope they're stopping because it's too close to the manga
I need more Space Brothers!!
It's perfect
I don't think it ended there; there has to be more.
Vince going to space made me cry tears of joy!!!
Mar 22, 2014 7:54 AM

May 2010
ahhh damn i will miss this show! i hope it comes back soon..would be a shame not to for such a great show.
Mar 22, 2014 7:57 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty weak ending.
Mar 22, 2014 8:02 AM

Mar 2013
Wut?? No way! How come? I can't believe it! They end it like dat with hibito just giving his brother mutta a message saying they will met in the moon sometime later without telling him his whereabout. Now after the time skip approximately 6 years later in 2028, mutta still not going to space yet.. Just how long.. how many years should both of them endured till then b4 going 2 space together side by side!?

Desperately in need 4 s2, pls put it on the announcement they will have s2!!

Mar 22, 2014 8:04 AM

Mar 2010
Yap30 said:
Now after the time skip approximately 6 years later in 2028, mutta still not going to space yet.. Just how long.. how many years should both of them endured till then b4 going 2 space together side by side!?

It was only 6 months later.

Space Bros is not a cynical anime, so a hopeful ending for Hibito feels right at home. While the pacing may have been a bit slow at times, it made up for that with a memorable OST, plenty of likeable characters and a fair share of rewarding moments (this finale included) 8/10.
Mar 22, 2014 8:07 AM

Apr 2009
Don't worry, everyone.
This is just a production pause because they are too close to the manga. There will be new episodes soon enough and you can still read the manga.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 22, 2014 8:23 AM

Sep 2008
I love this series so much!
Hope they will come back soon!

Episode good as always :D
Mar 22, 2014 8:26 AM

Sep 2010
I still can't believe this anime ends. Or just takes a break. I'll be missing these heartwarming 20 minutes every Saturday. Uchuu Kyoudai's hiatus hit me harshly. I'm looking forward for it to come back as soon as possible.

Btw, the ending was great with this music from the first OP. The animation was beautiful, too. 10/10. I'm happy I've started watching this anime though not from the very beginning as everyone else. SpaceBros, we're waiting for you!
Mar 22, 2014 8:38 AM
Jun 2012
So weird to see this end after two years. It was the first anime I started watching weekly starting on episode 1, little did I know it would keep going till episode 99. Anyway, I think they ended on a good note, renegade Hibito starting a new chapter in his life and Mutta hitting it off as backup crew. I wonder if they'll ever continue, but I'll definitely will be reading the manga. Also, there's a movie coming up!
Mar 22, 2014 8:47 AM

Jun 2012
Great ending. I thought they were going to end mid arc, but they didnt. Hibito's going to russia to become a cosmonaut and it makes more sense this way too. Since if they want to be on the moon at the same time they'll have a better chance of it happening if one of them is at nasa and the other one is in russia. Also Gates probably wouldn't send the two brothers up at the same time even if he did give Hibito missions.

And now that Hibito is going to Russia maybe OlgaXHibito will happen.
Mar 22, 2014 8:55 AM

Mar 2013
@brian Sry my bad, I will just have 2 read the manga 4 now

Mar 22, 2014 9:04 AM

Jun 2012
Mr7Beans said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Don't worry, everyone.
This is just a production pause because they are too close to the manga. There will be new episodes soon enough and you can still read the manga.

So just like Fairy Tail?

I'm pretty sure that Fairy Tail is coming back for this reason anyway :D Both are done by A1 and FT is coming back just 2 weeks from now

Anyway, other people should stop complaining about the ending. It was fine, it clearly did sent a message that no one's goals have changed. Well done Space Bros! Can't wait you to come back for more. Welp, time to suffer with Fairy Tail on the mean time......
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Mar 22, 2014 9:05 AM

May 2010
This anime was awesome! hope we'll get the next episodes soon :(
Mar 22, 2014 9:13 AM

Oct 2013
The ending too unsatisfactory.

Why I dont get to see hibito at all...
so he joined russia side...?
Mar 22, 2014 9:28 AM

Mar 2014
I loved this episode. The rocket start made me overjoyed ^-^. I consider it a crime if this series won't be continued.
Mar 22, 2014 9:49 AM

Jun 2012
FEEL SO MOON returns!!! :D
Mar 22, 2014 10:00 AM

May 2012
I'm going to miss watching this series every week. The ending was left open but was a strong one that left obvious hints of what Hibito is up to and where everyone is headed. Don't mistake this ending for a weak one because this series isn't done yet, even if the anime is done airing for now.

Despite the slow pacing, low budget, and tons of animation fillers, I loved this anime and it will be one of my most favourite and most memorable shows I've ever watched.

Overall rating: 9/10.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 22, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2010
That felt like a filler end.

Mar 22, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
Nice seeing it #71 :D
Mar 22, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2010
The FEEL'S!!!!! on this episode, hate to see this show go, been one hell of a ride many up and downs on this rollercoaster. kinda hope there is an ova to fill in the blank that were left.
Mar 22, 2014 11:23 AM
Mar 2014
D: So it's not coming back?

When I saw that there are no previews for next week's episode I started fretting and spammed Google. x: To me, this anime has been a blessing and has become a weekly ritual for me (where I turn into a crybaby).

At least it's lovely to see that there are like-minded people out there and, after lurking around on MAL for years I've finally decided to register. xD
Mar 22, 2014 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
I really liked learning more about Nitta's brother and the connection between those siblings and Mutta/Hibito. It irks me that they held his shut-in past against him though. Man such a nostalgia trip when I heard "Feel So Moon" come on, such a feel good sensation during the launch.

"Until next time, see you on the moon." Uchuu manages to move me right to the end. I'm going to miss this making my Saturdays so much brighter, but I realize why it's going on hiatus and am at least glad that it'll be back one day. If UK absolutely needed a break, this was the perfect way to go about it and I'm at peace with it.

Overall this series has really been something else. I remember picking it up on a whim in November 2012 and I've been watching religiously ever since. I loved how down to Earth (despite being about outer space!) this series was. The characters, both main and supporting, are all so memorable and felt personally crafted by the author. I can't even count the number of times I've been moved by this, either to tears of joy or heartbreak. There's way too much to say about this series, but I'll leave it in the hands of the episode discussions I've responded to so far.

I don't even need to think twice about it. Feel So M10/10N.
Mar 22, 2014 11:32 AM
Aug 2011
Oh god I can't believe I spent almost two years watching this and now it's over, might be a pause but still...

HybridMBL said:
FEEL SO MOON returns!!! :D

It was delicious hearing that again during that scene with Vince.
Nothing can top FEEL SO MOON, it's just classic at this point.

I think the ending did what it could do with what material and time it had to work with. I'm not disappointed at all.

I also want to mention the nice touch of bringing Nitta and his brother up again to tie that up with Mutta and Hibito's situation.
Called him "Namba-Onii-chan too", oh my poor heart can't take that.
This show does a really good job of handling supporting characters.
It focuses on them when you least expect it and it gives you a feeling that they are important and not just side characters.
Not to mention that it does things right as in they are actually relevant when they appear.

So enjoyed this, one of my favs.
Mutta is fan-freaking-tastic, the kind of character I want to follow to the very end. He is just that compelling.
Mar 22, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2011
Ending is okay...Hibito will go to Russia and be astronaut there and seems like they skip lots of things showing Serika being on the ISS.
Mar 22, 2014 2:39 PM
Mar 2014
A very good ending (or pause)!!, after 2 years of watching this anime, I still can't believe this is the end.

It was great to see Vince and Pico reaching their goal.

It seems that Hibito and Olga will end up together..........., but what about Mutta and Serika????

I'll miss this anime a lot!!
Mar 22, 2014 2:44 PM
Mar 2014
kaitonic said:
Ending is okay...Hibito will go to Russia and be astronaut there and seems like they skip lots of things showing Serika being on the ISS.

I think they showed Serika and Ena being in a training ISS module on the Earth instead of actual ISS considering they are not floating in zero gravity. Their hair staying down was a strong indication of gravity. Ditto with laptop's power cable as it would floated in zero gee.
Mar 22, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2010
Thanks to everyone who worked on the production of this anime.
I watched it week by week, since it started.
It was the best anime I ever watched.
It was thanks to it that I learned not only how to dream, but also how to never give up on the dream I have.
It teached me a lot. It teached me to trust myself, my comrades, family and friends, to never lose hope and that for everytime we fall down, we can stand up one more time.
It teached me that miracles occurs, that everyone can be helped even by luck, and that life is not something already wrote down by destiny or things like that, is something nobody knows and that no one can say what will happen for sure.
It teached me that we should live our lives with a smile on our face, for how hard it does get.
It teached me how precious are our memories and our dreams, and that hard work, trust, faith, tears, sweat, time and a bit of luck we can gain everything we always dreamed of.
It teached me how important are the bound between brothers, between allies, between the person one loves.
And the beautiful thing about that...
...Is that Uchuu Kyoudai teached me all those things without anime stereotypes, without fanservice, without fillers, without boredom, without any incomprehension.
An anime with beautiful openings/endings, soundtracks, well-developed (and very, very close to reality) characters, storyline, which made me smile, cry, dream and helped me a lot, giving the strenght I needed to keep on protecting my dream.
Thanks, Space Brothers.
The best anime I ever watched.
(I seriously think I want to watch a second season, though. And I also can't wait for the movie!)

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Mar 22, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2011
Looking forward to a return of this show in another year or so as a Hibito in Russia arc should be interesting (particularly for us Olga x Hibito shippers). I would have liked to see this season finale spread over two episodes, since I think we would then have been able to get some more details included (Vince has a family? I'd be curious to see what his wife and kids are like...), and see if Mutta does anything about Serika...(come on Mutta, neither of you are getting any younger...). Still with good ratings and strong source material I'm sure they will be back.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 22, 2014 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
It's over. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Too bad the ending was abrupt and some things dragged on too long. Almost 10/10 but not quite, not even for literallly saving my life. A-actually now that I think back, I must give this 10/10. Anything else is unacceptable.

Looking forward to the next 99 episodes. I feel kinda empty now.
Mar 22, 2014 4:56 PM

Mar 2013
wth I watch this and feel like its some kinda crappy end for a show that abruptly got canceled... and then I found out this was the last episode!? wth! more space brothers please...
Mar 22, 2014 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
I liked that ending. Especially Mutta saying see you next time... Hopefully next time isn't too far away.
Mar 22, 2014 6:14 PM

May 2012
great series man, even though 99ep Mutta still on earth,.

Mar 22, 2014 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
The first OP song brought back so many memories.
Mar 22, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
never thought I'd be changing Space Bros to COMPLETE
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 22, 2014 8:51 PM

Jul 2011
I actually did a fist pump! That was an excellent last episode! Was it really the middle of an arc? Had such a great "finale" feeling to it!
And obviously they can't tie up all the loose ends! They need to leave a good temporary ending for a possible new season, which it did splendidly. It was not all overly crammed in, but we did get to see what happened to the main plots. Sure, we didn't get to see Hibito, but we do know that we don't have to worry about him and that he's doing his own thing.

It's been a long two years; I picked this up from the first episode aired on a whim. I'm seriously extremely happy (that I did) and extremely sad now that it's over.

Perfect 10/10. Had a couple episodes that were less than perfect, but that ending was well done so I'm sticking it to a 10!

And now for the emotional stuff:
Although I picked this series up on a whim, I was completely impressed by the excellent first episode. I really did not expect much from this series. How wrong I was! It only showed to be more and more amazing as I continued watching, and it's a series that I am just so thankful for. I keep watching anime to find series like these. Honestly, Uchuu Kyoudai fully deserves a 10/10.

Also, I hope to see more of this director's works in the future. He's done a great job so far, and I'm glad Uchuu Kyoudai came out the way it did!
Mar 22, 2014 8:53 PM

May 2011
With all that was going on I completely forgot about Nitta's issues with his brother as well. I'm glad he was the first one to come across Mutta in the parking lot. It was wonderful in that sadly sweet way, hearing about Kazuya and seeing Mutta holding his phone. Even though I'm hardly happy about a hiatus I'm also happy with where they decided to put it. I can't wait until this returns and I'm confident the quality will be maintained. :)
Mar 22, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2008
I really need more Uchuu Kyoudai. I just hope this is a production pause like everyone is suggesting.
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
Mar 22, 2014 11:45 PM

May 2012
Too bad the ending was not so good BUT they will be back, let us hope for a great ending
Mar 22, 2014 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
Holy shit guys! Space Bros.' overall score went up from 8.31 to 8.57. AND it cleared the top 100 (now ranked #69 overall).

I'm so proud of us ya'll. It may be over, but at least Space Brothers is where it should've been from the beginning, if not even higher than it already is. Pat yourselves on the back!

It'll be back someday! ;_____;
dietmangoMar 23, 2014 2:01 AM
Mar 23, 2014 2:29 AM

Nov 2011
I couldn't think of a more fitting way to end the series then a launch, even if it wasn't Mutta that was in the rocket.

I especially liked how they brought back the "Feel so Moon" song from the early episodes for the launch.

Overall, this has definitely been one hell of a ride that I didn't regret for an episode and I certainly can't wait for the day I'll open up MAL and see "Space Brothers anime coming back!"
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 23, 2014 4:51 AM
Oct 2011
I can't stop crying.

9/10.
Mar 23, 2014 5:54 AM
Jun 2011
Like many I decided to give this series a try two years ago, thinking it might make for some interesting moments. We all know how that ended up..

But thinking back, it was an easy hit for me. For one Mutta and I were both born in '93, for another my little brother was born in '96 like Hibito. And like Hibito he's always had more luck, more energy and a lot less sense of responsibillity than me.
And then there was the fact that my country had its' first astronaut on the ISS when it started, so the whole rage was allready present. So no, with me it had an easy shot.

Now with a hiatus after 99 episodes it has entered a realm of fewer anime. It needs to be put in perspective with other long running series. Luckilly, wheither you compare it with long running series or with a standard 24 ep series, it holds up amazingly well. It's kept a steadilly high level all throughout the series. It's been an enjoyable series at worst and a fantastic one at best. It has never ever dropped the bar for real. The team has succesfully avoided a great deal of traps that most anime fall into. And they've reached new territory recording voice acting from space. While certainly not without flaws, as an anime production, an adaption at that, I think it is truly remarkable.

I have never watched another anime that made me feel like I truly lived with the characters week by week. Like life itself it had times that life just paddled allong, and periods when way to much stuff was happening at the same time.
It is the only series I might actually recommend to be viewed one episode a week and I can't wait to continue it watching it myself that way =D
Mar 23, 2014 8:22 AM
Aug 2007
Man, that final ep was done better than I expected. Nice to see that Mutta is focused again and also good to see Hibito hasn't given up hope. Moving to Russia makes sense.

I loved it when Feel So Moon kicked in near the end... 10/10

Hopefully it's back sooner rather than later..
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

CuriousThing - May 5, 2012

59 by zugzwank »»
Jan 18, 2:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.