Forum Settings
Forums

noitaminA's Summer, Fall and Winter Line-Up Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 21, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:
geralt said:
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country".

Damn you Aniplex, what do you have against people in England? Anyone has a different link for the PV of Zankyou no Terror? The synopsis and the image make it seem quite interesting.
It didn't work for me either, but I found this one on YouTube.

Thanks, it seems quite interesting so I'll definitely check it out when it airs.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 21, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2008
Funny how every time I see an announcement about new noitamina shows, I have to check if there ever was anything actually good on this block. And then I see there was almost nothing that would make me think 'I really want more of that'. There's a high chance it will be more of either disappointing or mediocre shows.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 21, 2014 2:24 PM

Nov 2013
I will hope for the little chance that Saenai will go the childhood friend route.
Mar 21, 2014 2:25 PM

Jun 2011
OMG Since when Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso got an anime adaption? Gosh I liked the manga, glad to see an adaption! :)

Zankyou no Terror looked bad.. I don't know, feels like it's going to turn out to be like Coppelion.

A Psycho Pass sequel, good. I'll wait a little longer before completing the first season.

As for the Saenai Heroine.. whatever LN adaption, well.. I dropped the manga some time ago.. Might not watch that..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 21, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
Ohmigod. So hyped. SO HYPED.

The Terror one looks amazing already. Really like the art and trippy PV. KimiUso!!!! Finally another classical music anime. The PV looks great. It's just an adorable PV. Yay PP2 :D I didn't like PP's ending for S1 so this is a great treat for me. The last one I'll check out, if I'm still watching current anime that time...

morshuwarrior said:
Correction, I watched 1 episode of Psycho-Pass, but it was pretty boring so I didn't continue.

You're missing out!
Mar 21, 2014 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
OH THANK YOU GOD THESE SHOWS LOOK AMAZING! i'm so excited!!!!!
Mar 21, 2014 3:20 PM

Feb 2011
mayukachan said:
morshuwarrior said:
Correction, I watched 1 episode of Psycho-Pass, but it was pretty boring so I didn't continue.

You're missing out!
Yeah, I thought so. I'm considering watching it anyway, with PP2 coming and Funimation just having released the whole show. Might as well give it a 2nd chance :)
Mar 21, 2014 3:31 PM
Nov 2010
Now, that looks good.
Mar 21, 2014 3:48 PM
Feb 2012
Watching the PV, I feel like Terror in Tokyo is Coppelion done right.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 21, 2014 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
1) Zankyou no Terror
Directed by freaking Watanabe and will be composed by Kanno. Sold. Will definitely watch this. I just hope it won't have pacing issue and excessive melodrama like Sakamichi.

2)Psycho-Pass 2
More PP is always welcome. The ending of first season left a lot too be desired of, and it felt more like middle story than actual ending. Too many questions left unanswered. A bit wary bout the fact that Makishima got defeated though, since he's what made the second half interesting. Nevertheless, i'm very excited for this news.

3)Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Now this is the type of show that fits (old) noitaminA the most. Melancholic, mono no aware shows with very deep underlying messages. It kinda reminds of of Nodame Cantabile, albeit less comedic and more grounded. The manga is excellent. The PV looks gorgeous, and i really like the music theme. Definitely watch

4)Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
I'm torn. Very very torn. I mean, this one is written by Maruto Fumiaki, the freaking writer of White Album 2, which is easily my very best romance anime in the past 3 years. On the other hand, the manga is boring as fuck. We get the pathetic otaku loser as MC surrounded by unbelievably hot chicks in a self-glorifying, self-righteous tale ("Being otaku is cool! screw the world!" kind of thing). And the twintail heroine is goddamn annoying, I hope she'd just shut the hell up more often. Will give the anime a try but already expect myself to not like this
Mar 21, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
PSYCHO PASS BABY

THEY BETTER BRING KOGAMI BACK IN SEASON 2 YEAAAAAH
Mar 21, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
what a solid year for anime. really looking forward to all the psycho pass coming out. zankyou no terror sounds similar to eden of the east so it'll probably be interesting
Mar 21, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2008
RIP Noitamina, you have been an overrated anime block since the begining but now you are a full otaku pandering block.

Well it has been like that since fractale and anohana but now it have fully become otakumina.

I wouldn´t be surprised if next year´s pedogatari new season were to air in this crappy block.
Mar 21, 2014 9:10 PM

Oct 2011
More noitaminA goodies~

Psycho-pass in fall!!! Can't waiiiit. Now waiting for the additional cast...
Mar 21, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2010
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Music? piano? VIOLIN? i couldnt possibly be more in...
Zankyou no Terror
Thank You noitaminA.This is exactly the type of show i wanted to see for a while.
Psycho-Pass 2
All of my yes.Definitely wont beat season 1 for me, but its definitely going to be at least good...Hopefully.

Great lineup.Cant wait, 2014 is looking amazing for anime so far.
Mar 21, 2014 9:48 PM

Aug 2011
Amiluhur said:
1) Zankyou no Terror
Directed by freaking Watanabe and will be composed by Kanno. Sold. Will definitely watch this. I just hope it won't have pacing issue and excessive melodrama like Sakamichi.

2)Psycho-Pass 2
More PP is always welcome. The ending of first season left a lot too be desired of, and it felt more like middle story than actual ending. Too many questions left unanswered. A bit wary bout the fact that Makishima got defeated though, since he's what made the second half interesting. Nevertheless, i'm very excited for this news.

3)Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Now this is the type of show that fits (old) noitaminA the most. Melancholic, mono no aware shows with very deep underlying messages. It kinda reminds of of Nodame Cantabile, albeit less comedic and more grounded. The manga is excellent. The PV looks gorgeous, and i really like the music theme. Definitely watch

4)Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
I'm torn. Very very torn. I mean, this one is written by Maruto Fumiaki, the freaking writer of White Album 2, which is easily my very best romance anime in the past 3 years. On the other hand, the manga is boring as fuck. We get the pathetic otaku loser as MC surrounded by unbelievably hot chicks in a self-glorifying, self-righteous tale ("Being otaku is cool! screw the world!" kind of thing). And the twintail heroine is goddamn annoying, I hope she'd just shut the hell up more often. Will give the anime a try but already expect myself to not like this

Pretty much all this. Saenai Heroine's giving me a dilemma as well.
Mar 21, 2014 10:20 PM

Apr 2013
Shigatsu!!!

<3

Mar 21, 2014 10:51 PM

Aug 2013
Wow Zankyou no Terror looks really interesting and of course Psycho Pass 2 :D!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 22, 2014 12:50 AM

Aug 2011
Well shit Zankyou no Terror seems pretty damn good with that stacked lineup. It's good to hear news about the Psycho-Pass season 2 and movie but I think the recap is extremely unnecessary. Oh well, I guess this isn't the first time noitaminA is re-airing a show.
Mar 22, 2014 7:22 AM

Dec 2012
Psycho Pass 2!!! my body is ready
Mar 22, 2014 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
Thanks guys ! ;)
Mar 22, 2014 3:37 PM
Feb 2011
I'll definitely be watching Psycho-Pass 2 and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso :D Zankyou no Terror might be good so I'll check that one out as well.
Mar 22, 2014 4:15 PM

Apr 2013
According to several reviews on saenai heroin no sodatekata, it seems like the LN has a weak start but becomes far better after the first volume. Seems like the author did badly compared to his previous works on that first one. And that people who don't know his previous work may like it even less.
But well. To know that, you must first take the time to read a bit about something before calling it "shame", "trash" or whatever. News on MAL are really becoming an awful nest of the worst kind of forum user that you can find on an anime site. Every single time, you'll have half of the posters who already know if something is going to be good or not just by looking at a short synopsis. And then proceed on looking down on everything and everyone else with their pitiful ignorance, while being under the illusion that they actually look cool. Pathetic.

On topic, mostly interested by the two series airing during fall, but I'll keep an eye on the other two.
ZefyrisMar 22, 2014 4:19 PM
Mar 22, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
psycho pass 2 is getting only 11 episodes?
Mar 24, 2014 1:09 AM

Apr 2010
I think MAL mistaken that, I about the 11 Episodes for psycho pass 2..

I don't remember them mentioning a thing about PP2 episodes..but they said that
the recap will be in 11 episode with one hour duration for each.
Mar 24, 2014 12:27 PM

Nov 2011
CaTEyeS32 said:
I think MAL mistaken that, I about the 11 Episodes for psycho pass 2..

I don't remember them mentioning a thing about PP2 episodes..but they said that
the recap will be in 11 episode with one hour duration for each.

They said that PP2 will only be 1 cour long.

http://imgur.com/9OKT3qW.png

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 30, 2014 4:41 PM

Apr 2011
Gonna watch them all! Excited as hell! :D
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 7 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
49 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

65 by Stardew »»
54 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.