Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 21, 2014 3:56 PM
Mar 2014
BGMaxie said:
Is this canon material? From what I've heard, it is not.

Reina? She's from a side-story, so it's canon unless contradicted later on.

The black dragon? Nope.

So I would say this arc (both episodes) is about... one third canon, I guess?
Mar 21, 2014 4:00 PM

Jul 2012
The girl that looks like Yukina and has vampire powers and such is most likely the future offspring of Yukina and Kojou. She most likely came back to the past to slay the dragon and that is it.

Great episode!!!
Mar 21, 2014 4:12 PM

Sep 2013
A second Himeragi... as if one wasn't enough :p

"Could you not say things that make me worry about my future?!" Ha

Natsuki for the grope, oh baby!

Wait those eyes and "Aunt" It has to be Himeragi and Koujou's kid!!!

Wolfin actually broke...

Well next week should be interesting, I just hope it finishes clearly and not with some dumbass cliff hanger.
Mar 21, 2014 4:52 PM
Feb 2009
wooot is that her ???is that really her? lol
Mar 21, 2014 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
*yawn* best part was the end. Hmm a girl that looks like Himeragi, calls Nagisa "aunty"...half vampire half Lion Order...I so dislike Himeragi...Kojou is a vampire, he don't settle down.
Mar 21, 2014 5:14 PM

Aug 2013
Well it wasn't hard to figure out who that other Himeragi was. Kind of funny though how in just one episode she's already leaps and bounds better (personality-wise) than Yukina. I sure hope she didn't inherit Yukina's "line" though I have a very very very BAD feeling we'll be hearing the two say that in unison next episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 21, 2014 5:20 PM
Jul 2013
xchee said:
Well it wasn't hard to figure out who that other Himeragi was. Kind of funny though how in just one episode she's already leaps and bounds better (personality-wise) than Yukina. I sure hope she didn't inherit Yukina's "line" though I have a very very very BAD feeling we'll be hearing the two say that in unison next episode.

Please for the love of god no not that line again. And I agree in my opinion she would've been a much better female lead and would've gotten me more interested in the series if only Yukina had this personality all would've been well minus the "line" of cause.
Mar 21, 2014 5:26 PM
Mar 2014
Naw, the new Himeragi addressed Akatsuki as Kojou-"kun", an honorific you wouldn't give to your dad in the Japanese language.
Mar 21, 2014 5:36 PM

Dec 2011
MyNameIsNo said:
Naw, the new Himeragi addressed Akatsuki as Kojou-"kun", an honorific you wouldn't give to your dad in the Japanese language.

Not in Akatsuki's household, Nagisa is there to blame for that. That dragon part was really unnecessary though.
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Mar 21, 2014 5:43 PM

Jan 2011
like new the himeragi more than the old one..but much as i hate to admit it it's pretty clear who she is

just really Kojou out of all the girls her??!
Mar 21, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2011
Am I the only one who wants Kojou to stop being such a bitch and kick some ass for once? I mean seriously, you are the fourth Primogenitor. Why are you letting some dragon stare you in the face while you're cowering. Seriously, man up.
Mar 21, 2014 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
So this new Himeragi(?) was introduced in here and has some complete opposite then the real Himeragi. What was her motivation, and why is she helping Kojou out? Though it's completely obvious that she has different eye color and her voice is different. Why did Kojou notice it earlier.

Yukina's sad about her spear, though no need to be dramatic about it. I am pretty sure her organization or something will repair it.

Mar 21, 2014 6:59 PM

Dec 2013
Wow,today Himeragi isn't acting like a annoying bitch, i wonder what's wrong...Oh, she also looks kind of diferent, did she changed her hair cut? Sarcasm aside, i wonder how they 're gonna wrap this up,adding a daughter from da future/clone/cosplayer of Himeragi,basicaly sinks all the other ships. argh i just hate when the main picks the obvious choise. Well at least Sekkarou is broken,so that means no more "This is our fight" right? oh never mind, her daughter is still around. AND has vampiric powers, i wonder how....
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Mar 21, 2014 7:24 PM

Oct 2012
hmmm... the episode tittle is empire, and Himeragi's daughter from the future, who don't really know kojou except from stories of him, showed up. I'm guessing Kojou built his harem empire and left somewhere to not involve his wives and friends before his daughters/sons are born (most likely daughters).

I won't be surprised if another daughter of Kojou showed up.
Mar 21, 2014 8:26 PM
Oct 2012
Kana Asumi voices the fake himeragi right
Mar 21, 2014 8:27 PM
Mar 2014
Intrusion said:
Kana Asumi voices the fake himeragi right

Yep. Her voice is pretty distinctive.
Mar 21, 2014 8:35 PM

Mar 2012
Interesting episode. Since this girl clearly came from the future, called Nagisa aunt, and features a mix of Kojou and Himeragi's abilities, I'm fairly sure she's their daughter. I mean, I guess it's cute, though I personally feel like Asagi matches with Kojou better. The question I guess is what she knows and what she's going to reveal. Chances are we're in it for a fairly spoilerific arc.
Mar 21, 2014 9:09 PM

Jan 2014
No_Nes said:

Sorry, the only English site I know is Bakatsuki. I'm currently reading the raws (Yes, I can read moonrunes).

As for Yukina, well, I guess you can see similar things in other harem series. If people ship their favorite character, but the main lead gets pushed to the front all the time I can sort of understand why they would dislike her. This goes double if the main lead is also a tsundere. That character archetype tends to polarize the fanbase.

(Remember how Sayaka was hated when she was in her man-hating tsun-tsun phase? Now she's popular after going full-blown dere.)
Oh ok, guess I'll have to wait or ask Bakatsuki if they can give it more focus. Also Yukina is rather different from other Tsunderes, I mean normally tsundies would beat Kojou up each time something goes wrong, instead she mostly stares and reprimands him which has a hilarious effect.

Not to mention the bold move she did after they beat Aya.
Mar 21, 2014 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
That Blue-eyed Big boobed Yukina probably came from the future. May she was the daughter of Koujo and Yukina, if she was their child, then I will be surprise.
Mar 22, 2014 12:09 AM

Jun 2007
6 pages of everyone saying it's Kojou and Yukina's daughter lol. Awesome episode discussion, people :S.
Mar 22, 2014 12:45 AM

Jun 2013
I think i prefer the smaller boobed yukina for sure

is it just me or did the animation look really off this episode?
Mar 22, 2014 1:09 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty interresting ep, terminator dejavu, 1 more ep to go!
Mar 22, 2014 1:11 AM

Nov 2012
that filler ending we will have
Mar 22, 2014 1:13 AM

Jun 2012
God Yukina has to be the most annoying character out of any Anime I've watched. I hope she dies in the last episode.

plsgodpls
Mar 22, 2014 1:37 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Numerous spoilers from light novel removed! Deliberately posting spoilers is considered trolling and warnings and bans can result. Don't discuss Light Novel material that has not yet been covered by the anime.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 22, 2014 1:38 AM

Nov 2013
The episode titles were different...last week's episode said it would be called "Akatsuki's Kingdom I" but now it's called "Empire of the Dawn"

I thought this last arc was going to be good as I watched the beginning of this episode. Himeragi's nightmare of Kojou leaving her led me to believe that the episode was going to be about her realizing that she loved him and then the rest of the arc would be about self-discovery and resolution.

Guess they skipped straight to the child. Wonder what that dragon was about, is it the arc's villain?
Mar 22, 2014 2:28 AM
Mar 2014
xxdeathx said:
The episode titles were different...last week's episode said it would be called "Akatsuki's Kingdom I" but now it's called "Empire of the Dawn"

I thought this last arc was going to be good as I watched the beginning of this episode. Himeragi's nightmare of Kojou leaving her led me to believe that the episode was going to be about her realizing that she loved him and then the rest of the arc would be about self-discovery and resolution.

Guess they skipped straight to the child. Wonder what that dragon was about, is it the arc's villain?

Akatsuki = Dawn.

That's what his last name means. So "Akatsuki no Teitoku" can be translated as either Akatsuki's Kingdom (technically "Empire") or "The Empire of Dawn".

My guess is that the translator went with Akatsuki's Kingdom before he saw the episode (and possibly had access to scripts for the next) and thought it would fit better. Can't say anything more than that, spoilers.
No_NesMar 22, 2014 2:33 AM
Mar 22, 2014 2:33 AM

Jul 2013
Ho hoo...

I'd bump this show's score by 1 point if next episode the Yukina impostor told Kojou and Yukina

"Hasta la vista tou-san, kaa-san. I'll be back!"
Mar 22, 2014 2:41 AM
Mar 2014
jiraiya_sensei said:
Ho hoo...

I'd bump this show's score by 1 point if next episode the Yukina impostor told Kojou and Yukina

Apparently the author (Mikumo Gakuto) is a fan of time-traveling action shows in the eighties. Of course, I heard that from a friend of a friend who claimed to have read something to that effect in the author's twitter account, so I'm not quite too sure how reliable that info would be.

Still, if that is true, we all know who "Doc" refers to.
Mar 22, 2014 2:46 AM

Dec 2013
OMG this episode was so annoying, she looks like Yukina, a vampire, and used a shock familiar. How hard is it to figure out that she is your daughter. TERRIBLE PARENTS!
Mar 22, 2014 2:47 AM
Mar 2014
Hibbington said:
OMG this episode was so annoying, she looks like Yukina, a vampire, and used a shock familiar. How hard is it to figure out that she is your daughter. TERRIBLE PARENTS!

Middle/high-schoolers would usually be terrible parents. if they get to be parents, that is.

In any case, I guess it is more of case of them not wanting to know than them not actually knowing. People are very good at denying uncomfortable 'truths' after all.
No_NesMar 22, 2014 2:52 AM
Mar 22, 2014 2:48 AM

Jul 2013
No_Nes said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
Ho hoo...

Apparently the author (Mikumo Gakuto) is a fan of time-traveling action shows in the eighties. Of course, I heard that from a friend of a friend who claimed to have read something to that effect in the author's twitter account, so I'm not quite too sure how reliable that info would be.

Still, if that is true, we all know who "Doc" refers to.

Hee... so it was Regulus Aurum that strike DeLorean and power the flux capacitor.
Mar 22, 2014 2:59 AM

Oct 2013
crazy episode better than i expected new character at the very end hopefully they do a second season I'd hate for it all to end with the next episode T-T
[/quote]
Mar 22, 2014 3:09 AM

Dec 2013
Ok. This episode has SOOOOO much foreshadowing. I bet my balls that the "Himeragi clone" girl is their daughter from the future. Its soooo obvious duh. Nagase being the aunt? How clearer can it get? Inheriting immortality? Gimme a break... they must all be so dense to not see it. Other than the feeling of excitement as you imagine how Kujou will marry Himeragi, its just an awesome episode. Himeragi wearing only under garments? Yes please.

5/5 For this cool awesome episode. Hope Himeragi doesn't stay sad.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Mar 22, 2014 4:25 AM

Feb 2012
Isn't obvious already that she's your kid? Sloooow parents!

But dayum, am I the only person here who's disappointed that Kojou will end up with Yukina!? Unless he has children with all of the girls. lol!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 22, 2014 4:43 AM

Dec 2012
lucidbrandon said:

is it just me or did the animation look really off this episode?

I noticed that too.
Mar 22, 2014 5:24 AM

May 2013
She's obviously their future daughter. I mean like she has vampiric urges, she can control a familiar and has a weapon similar that of Yukina's. They still don't realize that. Not to mention the resemblance of her and Yukina. They are mother and daughter.
Mar 22, 2014 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
I don't know how they could have made that any more obvious that the second Himeragi is the daughter. I mean how many clues were there?
Only thing about it is that means that Yukina and Kojou get together which would be the worst realtionship in history (in my opinion)
Best part of the episode: Yukina didn't say "No senpai, this is OUR fight". I think that's a first
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Mar 22, 2014 7:13 AM

Oct 2011
OMG Fire Emblem Awakening.
Mar 22, 2014 8:12 AM
May 2013
How does my hatred for this show grow more and more every episode? I mean are Himeragi and Kojou really that oblivious? That girl looks exactly like Himeragi, She said that she had vampire urges, And she called Asagi her aunt! It dose not take a rocket scientist to figure out who she really is. Also GG Kojou for choosing the worst possible girl out of that entire harem to be your waifu.

My predictions for next episode.
Kojou: You're my daughter?!
Himeragi: No SENPAI. THIS IS OUR DAUGHTER!!11!!! asdfasdfasdfasdf ksdfawe
Mar 22, 2014 8:23 AM

Aug 2013
I`m pretty sure she`s the daughter of Kojou and Yukina. PREEEETY SURE!

Anyways, this anime could of done a 1000x better IMO. Still liked it though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2014 8:25 AM

Feb 2014

lol The last episode in a nutshell.

But seriously I will miss them fighting together against bad guys :(
Mar 22, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 2010
Dayuum said:

lol this made my day~
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Mar 22, 2014 8:59 AM
Apr 2012
It kind of obvious that she is Kojou and Yukina's daughter.
I really hope that not the case though because I dislike them together.
1 episode left and I still don't get Kojou and Asagi's moment.
I thought that they would give me that last arc, but it had to be lookalike.
Mar 22, 2014 9:00 AM

Jul 2013
Dayuum said:

Oh my God, you are a genius!! How the hell did no one realize this? lol
Mar 22, 2014 9:03 AM
Nov 2013
Hahaah I felt that they made it toooo obvious I know who the unknown girl is going to be ahaha..but really good episode can't wait to find out wat happens next!!!
Mar 22, 2014 9:05 AM
Nov 2013
Hawkmanh said:

lol The last episode in a nutshell.

But seriously I will miss them fighting together against bad guys :( DUDE ahah take my like aahh ..I wonder if we get to see the other blood partner's children if there is any ahaha
Mar 22, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was actually good, something which I liked after La Folia's arc. Natsuki always realizes the situation beforehand. :3
Dayuum said:
Best post in this thread.
NuviMar 22, 2014 10:45 AM
Mar 22, 2014 9:44 AM

Oct 2013
Hawkmanh said:

Sir, you won the internet
Mar 22, 2014 10:08 AM
Sep 2012
Ooh, a mix between an offspring of Kojou's vampiric familiar (Regulus Aurum) and Yukina's Schneewalzer lance (Sekkarou); a very nice weapon for what is OBVIOUSLY the offspring of our two lovely protagonists~
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.