Forum Settings
Forums

[Spoiler]Shonen Series Without fanservice, and sexis towards girls?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2014 12:43 PM

Dec 2012
Oneeyedwolf said:
tsudecimo said:
That was your whole point? that attack on titan is not sexist because it doesn't have sexual fan-service?

e.e

No. I was just giving u a simple example why naruto is out of this argument. That's just one of many reasons for naruto. I a honestly thought u were trolling.

What are the other reasons?

Ughhh...If only I weren't bored..
Mar 20, 2014 12:44 PM

Sep 2012
SForSynthesizer said:
Red_Keys said:
Free!
Thats some spooky cereal shit
What
Mar 20, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
SForSynthesizer said:
Jormungand...Those are some mean lady's.

No. Fanservice.
Mar 20, 2014 12:46 PM

Feb 2013
Have you watched Hokuto no Ken?
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.

Feb 2010
Oneeyedwolf said:

Name me a battle shounen anime. without fanservice and without being sexes. It's that simple. Prove me wrong!!

That's not how it works. You have to prove that your point is valid beforehand.

I can say AoT is sexist because of what happens in episode 33 of the AoT anime and then ask you to disprove it by showing me screenshots from episode 33 that do not include sexism. Could you do it when there is no such thing as an episode 33 of the anime? Does it make me right because my made-up logic doesn't allow for any counter arguments in the first place?

That's basically what you did in this thread. Not making sense at all and making up stuff.
I probably regret this post by now.

Jul 2011
Ashita No Joe
Mar 20, 2014 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
Fairy Tail and One Piece
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2014 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
MotRin said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
People I'm not trying to say, oh attack on titan has this so other anime are shit!! No. I was just wondering if any other battle shounen does this. after reading a article about it. also there are more articles out there that talks about attack on titan gender and stuff. Id there are other or is attack on titan is the only that does this in the shounen category.

And we're saying it does not have what you claim it has, thus it is no different from any other shounen. If you're unable to support your claim, then that's that.

Ok then. give me a scene on attack on titan, u can even include the manga that has fanservice or sexism in it. Just name one scene.
Mar 20, 2014 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Oneeyedwolf said:
Ok then. give me a scene on attack on titan, u can even include the manga that has fanservice or sexism in it. Just name one scene.
Those lips.
Mar 20, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Oneeyedwolf said:

Name me a battle shounen anime. without fanservice and without being sexes. It's that simple. Prove me wrong!!

I can say AoT is sexist because of what happens in episode 33 of the AoT anime and then ask you to disprove it by showing me screenshots from episode 33 that do not include sexism. Could you do it when there is no such thing as an episode 33 of the anime? Does it make me right because my made-up logic doesn't allow for any counter arguments in the first place?

That's basically what you did in this thread. Not making sense at all and making up stuff.

ok look at this article. it even gives u four points http://nenena.dreamwidth.org/362097.html
Mar 20, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2010
Oneeyedwolf said:
MotRin said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
People I'm not trying to say, oh attack on titan has this so other anime are shit!! No. I was just wondering if any other battle shounen does this. after reading a article about it. also there are more articles out there that talks about attack on titan gender and stuff. Id there are other or is attack on titan is the only that does this in the shounen category.

And we're saying it does not have what you claim it has, thus it is no different from any other shounen. If you're unable to support your claim, then that's that.

Every scene where Eren & Levi appear together.
Mar 20, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2012
Oh wow. It's been a long while, since someone brought up Misaka lips.

God, attack on titan threads sucked back then. Glad they are over.
Mar 20, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2011
Oneeyedwolf said:

Armin crossdressing
Mar 20, 2014 12:54 PM

Dec 2012
Fan-service doesn't equal sexism. Women not doing the exact same things as men isn't sexism. In the real world, there are social and cultural roles that are generally associated with certain genders. Unless an anime series is specifically executing something in a feminazi or chauvinistic manner, it is what it is. If anything, a story that goes out of its way to show off gender equality is trying way too hard (which SnK doesn't do, just in a broad sense).
Mar 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
If you can't stand females being sexualized then you shouldn't be watching anime.
Mar 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2011
TheOldHome said:
If you don't like females being sexualized then you shouldn't be watching anything.

Fixed that for ya'.
Mar 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2010
TheOldHome said:
If you can't stand females being sexualized then you shouldn't be watching anime.

As much as I'd like to support any line that is against the OP, this is just not true.
I probably regret this post by now.

Jan 2014
TheOldHome said:

Facepalm. I just want to know if any other battle shonen does this. it's that simple. I love fanservice btw.

Jan 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Oneeyedwolf said:

ok look at this article. it even gives u four points http://nenena.dreamwidth.org/362097.html

That article pretty much just relegates your argument to being about fanservice.
Mar 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Fan-service doesn't equal sexism. Women not doing the exact same things as men isn't sexism. In the real world, there are social and cultural roles that are generally associated with certain genders. Unless an anime series is specifically executing something in a feminazi or chauvinistic manner, it is what it is. If anything, a story that goes out of its way to show off gender equality is trying way too hard (which SnK doesn't do, just in a broad sense).

I'm not talking about only fanservice. Sir. I'm also talking about equality between male and female.
Mar 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Feb 2013
TheOldHome said:
If you don't like females being sexualized then you shouldn't be looking anywhere.

Fix'd
Mar 20, 2014 12:59 PM

Jan 2014
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Oneeyedwolf said:

That article pretty much just relegates your argument to being about fanservice.

My point exactly I'm not talking about only fanservice. I'm talking about equality between men and women. My question is. Is there any other battle shounen anime that does this?
Mar 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
Again, if your equality ideals are dressing like men, acting like men and fighting like men... there's something really off there, right? That's exactly what you're saying, which is way more sexist than your average anime.
Mar 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
what do you mean no fan service?
I mean... those abs.

Mar 20, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
Oneeyedwolf said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

I'm not talking about only fanservice. Sir. I'm also talking about equality between male and female.

Equality in what sense? Also going to say HxH 2011, because as far as I can remember, there's only homo-erotic pedophilia man-service: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/wjgwNWfJ3ZA/hqdefault.jpg
Mar 20, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2014
sherlock5545 said:
Again, if your equality ideals are dressing like men, acting like men and fighting like men... there's something really off there, right? That's exactly what you're saying, which is way more sexist than your average anime.

Wtf???? U clearly misunderstand. Dressing like men wtf!!! dude come on. read this article http://nenena.dreamwidth.org/362097.html that's not the point I'm trying to make.
Mar 20, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Oneeyedwolf said:

My point exactly I'm not talking about only fanservice. I'm talking about equality between men and women. My question is. Is there any other battle shounen anime that does this?

Oneeyedwolf said:
SForSynthesizer said:
Jormungand...Those are some mean lady's.

No. Fanservice.

Great job contradicting yourself.
Mar 20, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Equality in what sense? Also going to say HxH 2011, because as far as I can remember, there's only homo-erotic pedophilia man-service: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/wjgwNWfJ3ZA/hqdefault.jpg

That anime does have fanservice, like big breast. but it would have been really cool if one of the main characters was a girl. Just take out gon out of the three. :D
Mar 20, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
sherlock5545 said:

Wtf???? U clearly misunderstand. Dressing like men wtf!!! dude come on. read this article http://nenena.dreamwidth.org/362097.html that's not the point I'm trying to make.

You clearly misunderstand something. That article says absolutely NOTHING about what AoT does which somehow makes it less sexist compared to any other battle shounen besides the fact it doesn't have fanservice.

My fucking god...
Mar 20, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2014
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
sherlock5545 said:

You clearly misunderstand something. That article says absolutely NOTHING about what AoT does which somehow makes it less sexist compared to any other battle shounen besides the fact it doesn't have fanservice.

My fucking god...

Um this article was just a example for the people with thick heads!! Some understand what I was saying but not all so I clook up some article and paste it here to give them a better understanding. I wasn't making this tread off that article btw. My point still stands no can name me a anime that does the same thing attack on titan does. and that's the main point of my argument. This is why I rate Isayama he does things that most mangaka wouldn't do.
Mar 20, 2014 1:11 PM

Dec 2012
Oneeyedwolf said:

That anime does have fanservice, like big breast. but it would have been really cool if one of the main characters was a girl. Just take out gon out of the three. :D

So women having big breasts = fan-service by default? I've been enlightened and saved by grace.

Feb 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
sherlock5545 said:

Someone has a short memory:

Oneeyedwolf said:

Meaning girls die the same horrible death as men, girl wear the same uniforms as men, than wearing a skirt or a girly outfit instead. Meaning the girl is not useless and don't have big breast and panty shot. Need anymore help???

Jan 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
sherlock5545 said:

My fucking god...

Um this article was just a example for the people with thick heads!! Some understand what I was saying but not all so I clook up some article and paste it here to give them a better understanding. I wasn't making this tread off that article btw. My point still stands no can name me a anime that does the same thing attack on titan does. and that's the main point of my argument. This is why I rate Isayama he does things that most mangaka wouldn't do.

People named;

Saint Seiya
Ashita no Joe
Hokuto no Ken
Mar 20, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2014
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
sherlock5545 said:

My fucking god...

People named;

Saint Seiya
Ashita no Joe
Hokuto no Ken

Ashita no Joe does girl participate in boxing? Because from what I see it looks like the anime is mostly have boys in it.

Hokuto no Ken males, males, males and more males.

Saint Seiya Fanservice. Look at dem breast. :D

From the list above people clearly misunderstand what I was saying. In their heads they are thinking of anime that has no fanservice so they put a anime that's full of mosly men. Which defeats the purpose. I want women to be in it. They should be a good amount of female character that are not only useless but doesn't have fan service all other their body.
OneeyedwolfMar 20, 2014 1:20 PM
Mar 20, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
sherlock5545 said:

My fucking god...

People named;

Saint Seiya
Ashita no Joe
Hokuto no Ken

Ashita no Joe does girl participate in boxing? Because from what I see it looks like the anime is mostly have boys in it.

See? It's entirely about breast size which somehow relates to fanservice. But okay, I'll play your game.

AoT spoiler
Mar 20, 2014 1:24 PM

Jan 2014
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
InfernCup said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
sherlock5545 said:

My fucking god...

People named;

Saint Seiya
Ashita no Joe
Hokuto no Ken

See? It's entirely about breast size which somehow relates to fanservice. But okay, I'll play your game.

AoT spoiler

Fail.... I already came to the conclusion that attack on titan is very unique and different from typical shounen series. Thank you all that participate in my experiment. I can now use this as a tool against other anime fans. *evil laugh*
Mar 20, 2014 1:25 PM

Feb 2013
Then you're not looking for a shounen. Having only male leads is common for shounen, just like it is common to have mostly female leads on shoujo series. You're deeming breasts with fanservice, when it clearly isn't.

You contradicted yourself several times already.
Mar 20, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
Oneeyedwolf said:

Fail.... I already came to the conclusion that attack on titan is very unique and different from typical shounen series. Thank you all that participate in my experiment. I can now use this as a tool against other anime fans. *evil laugh*

What an edgy and loose cannon cop! Your forum avatar really suits you, evil genius! In more ways than one.
Mar 20, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2012
Oneeyedwolf said:

Unless those other anime fans are as retarded as you, they won't give a fuck about your so called "uniqueness" or "difference".
Andan210Mar 20, 2014 3:12 PM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 20, 2014 1:39 PM

Apr 2011
Did kerragaming just delete her/his post where she/he was posting exactly like Oneeyedwolf? I thought he/she was mocking him, but it seems we've found whose alt Oneeyedwolf is.
Mar 20, 2014 1:42 PM

Oct 2013
yhunata said:
Did kerragaming just delete her/his post where she/he was posting exactly like Oneeyedwolf? I thought he/she was mocking him, but it seems we've found whose alt Oneeyedwolf is.

Actually I was. but really didn't want to start a argument. Did it someone and it didn't end for while.
Mar 20, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2011
keragamming said:
yhunata said:

Actually I was. but really didn't want to start a argument. Did it someone and it didn't end for while.

Should've kept it.
Mar 20, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
yhunata said:
keragamming said:
yhunata said:

Should've kept it.

Not worth it. Ive seen people spent time trying to have a conversation with him. and he shrugs it off.
Mar 20, 2014 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
keragamming said:
yhunata said:

Just bring up valid and irrefutable points and you'll be written off as a troll asap. Works for me every time!
Mar 20, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2011
Polychrome said:
Fairy Tail

Yes Poly
Mar 20, 2014 1:47 PM
Dec 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
tsudecimo said:
Oneeyedwolf said:

lol seriously dude!!

Seriously what? I asked how is Naruto sexist, answer please.

Also it kinda obvious that the male characters will be stronger than the female characters. I mean it's targeted at boys, unless the whole cast is mostly based on females (Claymore), odds are the male characters will be stronger. Which is not sexist.

Look at attack on titan, the example you brought up. List the strong females and males. There are only 2 strong female characters or maybe 3 (Misaka, Annie, Ymir). The rest of strong characters in the series are males.

My point is naruto has fan service. so it's out!! Give me another anime.

Ae you here to debate or ask for a recommendation?

And most animes have some fanservice, if you want to find one that has absolutely none than your asking for a lot.
Mar 20, 2014 1:48 PM

Jun 2011
Fanservice comes in many shapes and forms, not just breast size.

For example, having a main female love the main male can be considered fanservice for some people because there are many people that self-insert themselves as the main character. If taking that into consideration, AoT does have fanservice for males. Mikasa is practically nothing but fanservice because she loves Eren (who can be self-insert character because he lacks a well-developed personality). And because Mikasa barely has any personality either, she pretty much exists to satisfy males and be a plot device.

Also, last I heard (I have not read the manga but I know some information that comes from the manga), there is a girl that likes another girl. If AoT displayed gender equality perfectly, there would also be a boy that likes another boy. There's nothing wrong with a girl x girl pairing, but it is something that for the most part, only guys want/care to see. Therefore, that can be considered fanservice as well.

In any case, AoT is pretty good when it comes to displaying gender equality. But I do not think it is any better than shows such as FMA(B) or Hunter x Hunter in regards to gender equality.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Mar 20, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2011
NaruFreak26 said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
tsudecimo said:
Oneeyedwolf said:

lol seriously dude!!

Seriously what? I asked how is Naruto sexist, answer please.

Also it kinda obvious that the male characters will be stronger than the female characters. I mean it's targeted at boys, unless the whole cast is mostly based on females (Claymore), odds are the male characters will be stronger. Which is not sexist.

Look at attack on titan, the example you brought up. List the strong females and males. There are only 2 strong female characters or maybe 3 (Misaka, Annie, Ymir). The rest of strong characters in the series are males.

My point is naruto has fan service. so it's out!! Give me another anime.

Ae you here to debate or ask for a recommendation?

And most animes have some fanservice, if you want to find one that has absolutely none than your asking for a lot.

Correction, all anime have fanservice. I have no idea why people keep confusing this, but fanservice doesn't mean only ecchi scenes and the like. Fancy explosions and other similar effects are also fanservice. Literally nothing has no fanservice whatsoever.
Mar 20, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
^ Female titan big breast. ;)

Mod Edit: quote tower fixed,
ThangLongMar 25, 2014 11:09 AM
Mar 20, 2014 1:53 PM

Oct 2011
There's an easy way to solve your "problem". Watch shounen that feature nearly no female characters at all ... sports mostly.

Major
Hajime no Ippo
Eyeshield 21
Ashita no Joe
Slam Dunk
Prince of Tennis

There you have it.
PolychromeMar 20, 2014 2:00 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 1 hour ago

2 by BitChilly »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Subarctic-Forest »»
11 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
23 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

14 by traed »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.