Forum Settings
Forums

[Spoiler]Shonen Series Without fanservice, and sexis towards girls?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jun 1, 2015 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
AttackOnTetris said:

Yeah, existing for the sole purpose of being eye candy for men is "sexist". And coincidentally, that's what "being a woman" entails for most shounen.

Are you even self aware, that you didn't even watch most shounen, or a good amount of them, let alone, the ones that are so sexist?

Can you please give examples, and stop talking out of your ass?
Jun 1, 2015 4:34 PM

Dec 2012
KLKfanboy said:

No. Sexism is discrimination towards a person based on their gender.
Having some expectations about a gender is perfectly normal and has nothing to do with sexism.

. . .
And expectations =/= gender roles so please don't be going there

Gender roles are sexist. They discriminate a sex's abilities and desires based on their genitalia. Gender roles are a part of sexism, while sexism is a larger that that.

Other than the expectation of having certain chromosomes, what do you expect out of different sexes?
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jun 1, 2015 4:36 PM

Sep 2014
Crimefridge said:
KLKfanboy said:

No. Sexism is discrimination towards a person based on their gender.
Having some expectations about a gender is perfectly normal and has nothing to do with sexism.

. . .
And expectations =/= gender roles so please don't be going there

Gender roles are sexist. They discriminate a sex's abilities and desires based on their genitalia. Gender roles are a part of sexism, while sexism is a larger that that.

I wasn't talking about gender roles but expectations you can have of a gender (this and that is not the same). Please read the discussion, because it's the second time in this thread today you're writing a post out of nowhere like that.
Jun 1, 2015 4:51 PM
Oct 2014
Hmm terra formara but it isnt shonen soo.. :/
Jun 1, 2015 5:34 PM

Oct 2014
Crimefridge said:

Other than the expectation of having certain chromosomes, what do you expect out of different sexes?

By that definition EVERY fiction that has pregnant women would be "sexist", i.e. showing a natural part of live (that in itself is not something intimate, unlike sex-scenes) would be regarded as "morally repulsive" (because that is what every use of the word "sexist" usually includes). I think we should arrest all men on the world for impregnating women then, how dare they do something so sexist as "forcing" women the gender-role of a "pregnant woman"! No longer! Time for population to die out and end humanity! Or if you want humanity to survive, you must from now on use machines to replace womens' wombs, so they are not forced into the gender-role!

Yes this was over-exaggerating, but I am just showing how far one could go with that argument and why that makes it really not worthy of consideration.
Grey-ZoneJun 1, 2015 5:39 PM
Jun 1, 2015 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
Red_Keys said:
KLKfanboy said:

oh expectations of a gender THAT'S SO SEXIST XDDDD
That is sexist. That's actually like, the definition of sexism.

You're confining and limiting people based on their sex. You're keeping them in designated jail cells, from which they are not allowed to escape. You are their thought police. Gender roles is sexism.

Realism does not equal sexism. >_<
Jun 1, 2015 10:13 PM

Sep 2012
LOL AOT makes the males look like little bitches. Mikasa and Annie shit on every guy that's not Levi. So what if women aren't powerful in a genre directed towards a "MALE" audience? I will admit the fanservice is a bit much, I could do with less of that. IMO I like most females in Shonen.

Keiko (YYH), Mamori (Eyeshield), Nami, Robin, Perona, Vivi, Margret, Tashigi (One Piece), Kyoko (KHR), etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which season of Attack on Titan do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 4 hours ago

18 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

53 by Lijm04 »»
14 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 7 hours ago

10 by Zarutaku »»
19 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Yesterday

52 by VivaceRex »»
45 minutes ago

» Have you ever felt so satisfied after finishing certain anime that you don't even want its sequel?

Rinrinka - Apr 12

38 by Jeritorias »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.