Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Aug 22, 2014 2:19 AM

Apr 2014
YESS GO SAYU what an amazing scene
miuna if you don't bloody confess by the end of this series I'll be so angry at least let my miuna x hikari ship get crushed properly if its not going to happen
Aug 29, 2014 2:02 AM

Aug 2014
I really love how well done Sayu's confession is here. I was expecting Kaname to say some cliched line but I loved his response. Absolutely perfect. The end is coming and I'm really sad to let this series go. Totally loving every bit of it.
Sep 15, 2014 8:17 AM

Oct 2012
Now I'm sure
I'm shipping SayuxKaname
Chisaki just..... Kaname and Sayu is better for me
"Signature removed"
Nov 14, 2014 12:56 AM

Jul 2013
All of these powerful confessions! Sayu was awesome. And it worked out for her! I'm so happy about that - smiling so hard right now. :)

Chisaki...I hope she accepts Tsumugu's feelings soon. :/ I'm back to liking Kaname again, both for helping her with her feelings and his little teary scene at the end with Sayu.

Tsumugu is amazing too for coming up with this plan as well as sticking around after being rejected. I hope he and Chisaki end up together!
Dec 18, 2014 6:20 AM

Jan 2013
Now we know the real reason why Chisaki was true to her feelings. Obvious.

Sayu made her move, and she scored. Akane really is just a kid after all.
was nice to see all the others back.
Jan 10, 2015 4:50 AM

May 2013
Red_Keys said:
I find Kaname's character to be really really really ironic. I seriously wonder if he was added into the story as an afterthought, simply to break the fourth wall.

Like seriously, his entire character arc, drama focusing on him, and total character development (assuming this episode resolved everything with him) can be summarized as "I feel like people don't care about me". Which, is completely legitimate for him to feel, seeing as he gets his feelings completely blown off when he lets them out, and then the rest of the time he keeps everything bottled up and nobody really notices or tries to get him to open up (besides Sayu).

But, in a writing perspective, his character has received the absolute least attention and development. His role as a "main" character is not because of his impact on the story, but mostly because he's just always there. He's just.. around. His character arc is always in the background, never given the proper attention it deserves in order for him to be considered a main character. It's almost as if the writers don't care about him. Even the resolution (assuming this episode was it) to his problems was a quick, brief scene where everything was resolved with one single conversation. And even then, most of the emotional weight of that scene was focused on Sayu. Hell, Sayu is more of a main character than Kaname is, in terms of attention given by the writers.

I really honestly wonder if his character was even an original part of the initial script, and he was just added in to create more drama with Chisaki/Tsugumu. But then the writers were like, shit, now this guy's here, but we don't really have anything for him to do. He can't be a main character unless we give him some sort of emotional development. And then ironically and intentionally, in an incredibly self aware approach, made his entire character arc revolve around how he feels like the "odd one out" and neglected.

Solid post, i agree, although i don't think he started out that way, its been like that for sure since the time skip.
Jan 10, 2015 4:58 AM

Dec 2013
So at least one decent pairing might fruit.
Jan 11, 2015 10:32 PM

Aug 2013
Well well congratulations Chisaki x Tsugumu fans.
The moment Chisaki step into Tsugumu's household.. I knew the ship's already set to sail on a one way ticket.
I don't like it but I'll just have to accept that fact. I'll still voice some of my dissatisfaction though lol..
The way Chisaki declared things like 'I still do like Hikari' and blush like an innocent girl..
I know she's trying to convince herself but that felt awkward to me.
Then Tsugumu said 'I know you love me' during the confession caught me off guard.
Hahaha.. I was fine until that line. I find somewhat ridiculous. HAHAHAHA.
But Sayu's confession was great. You go girl !
Kaname finally let out his true feelings.. I was so touched during the scene.
I love how they did it.. Kaname found out there is someone who cares so much for him.
Also he'll start treating Sayu as a girl and start from there rather than just accept her love.
Couldn't have been anymore perfect. Now the only the final and most important pair.
Mar 16, 2015 8:10 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, even Kaname knows he's the odd wheel. Sucks to be him. I guess he won't end up with anybody. Chisaki has mixed feelings. I don't think it's really true that she has any feeling for Tsumugu.

So they're going to do the Ofuneheki again. I wonder how this will end.

KanameXSayu ship is started to sail but will it stay afloat? I feel great the Sayu was able to show what she felt. I also like that Kaname finally expressed his emotions too.

The way Manaka said "flag?" at the end made it seem as if she didn't remember Hikari waving it. If she doesn't remember Hikari waving it becasue she doesn't have any memories of love then it means she loved Hikari. Teh same way she didn't remeber about teh fish being on her knee when she loved Tsumugu. Awesome.

Two episode left! How is this gonna conclude!? What's gonna happen to Miuna?! Is she the onl one gonna be left out or is that oe boy from her school gonna save the day!?

I don't know how I feel right now. There's only 2 episode left. Aww man. I'm gonna miss this show.
Sep 23, 2015 2:45 AM

May 2014
OMG SAYU AND KANAME'S SCENE... *________* THE BEST CONFESSION SCENE EVEEEER!! AHHHHH!!!
Sep 25, 2015 7:51 PM

May 2014
Sayu x Kaname WOOT! The two most likable characters end up together :D We already know who's gonna end up with who for the most part, except of course Miuna. Plz don't die. Kk time to wrap this show up.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oct 13, 2015 6:26 AM

Nov 2009
WOOOOOOOOOO! That railroad scene has to be the best scene in this show so far in my opinion, Dont think anything in these next 2 episodes will top that.
Dec 29, 2015 8:45 AM

Sep 2015
Sayu x Kaname!!! Wooohooooooo! :D
The railroad scene was indeed beautiful and memorable :')

I just hope Miuna doesn't end up alone :C
Feb 24, 2016 5:37 AM
Dec 2012
At this point I hope it ends well for Miuna and Hikari. They really had the best bond throughout the anime and Hikari said he felt like he would always be in her debt.

I want some closure for Chisakis story. Really disliked the fact that she lived with Tsumugu. Why move in with him if you felt you're trying to be faithful to Hikari. Kinda sucks he got " lucky " with their misfortune.
sosmetalFeb 24, 2016 7:02 AM
Apr 8, 2016 8:34 PM

Mar 2014
Lingering Feelings of the Sea .
Ofunehiki Nostalgia and Reminiscent .
Actually cried for Kaname ~ .. youkata ~ .. honto ni youkata ~ .
This Feelings are finally being reciprocated to each and everyone ~ .
VERY GREAT EPISODE ~ !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2016 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
I don't really like Sayu but I gotta admit that scene was beautiful. Glad Kaname now at least has someone.
Jun 17, 2016 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
Sayu was a pity prize for Kaname. Seriously. Poor Kaname.
Nov 26, 2016 7:02 AM

Feb 2013
Chisaki likes Tsumugu but she doesn't want to date him for now.
Sayu and Kaname would make a good couple.
Dec 18, 2016 9:08 PM

Jun 2014
Fuck. Sayu's ship is the one ship that truly deserved to burn and sink. I wouldve been okay with Kaname being forever alone.

If Miuna's ship sets sail too, Im going to be fucking pissed. Hikari x Manaka all the way.
Aug 4, 2017 9:05 AM
Jan 2016
WOOOOOOOWWW that scene of kaname and Sayu was truly beautiful I cried so much Respect for Sayu From the start I didn't care about her but now she's my favorite female character along side with Manaka Enough tragedy for my boi He can get some happiness now with Sayu and I love the reply he said to her My boi is so mature THIS OTP IS FINALLY CANON

Chisaki is the most annoying and irritating character of this show I never thought I would hate her more than Tsumugu Like what the fuck you're doing chisaki ?????? You don't fucking love Hikari and if you fucking loved him you would go see him the moment he woke up from the hibernation but you didn't so why are you rejecting Tsumugu ???? We all know that you fucking love Tsumugu and yet you rejected him ???? WHY ?????? Don't be so stupid

I feel so bad for Hikari I hope this Ofunehiki will go well and Manaka will regain her feelings and that these two will end up together I just ship them so hard
The last scene made me tear up when Hikari said that he will wave the flag and Manaka didn't remember anything at that moment like HE'S DOING THAT FOR YOU :(

This anime is so beautiful <3
2 more episodes to go
Aug 15, 2017 9:53 PM

Mar 2015
Well at least Kaname didn't immediately accept Sayu, that'd been so weird since he's been in love with Chisaki all this time.

Also Chisaki really never changed as Kaname said. Whenever she's in love, she'd let it go for Manaka. The same way like Miuna.... I hope Miuna ends well.

Dec 27, 2017 6:20 PM

Nov 2016
Oh poor Akira got rejected :/ xD

The confession scene between Sayu and Kaname was executed so well and his reply couldn't have been better in this case,got even a bit wet eyes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2018 6:18 PM

Jul 2015
I really feel bad for thinking that Kaname was a bit "bruh, why are you saying that?" At times during this second cour without even considering his own feelings, his family is sleeping, Hikari has Akira, Manaka has Hikari, and Chisaki has Tsumugu, but him? I can't stop thinking how lonely he felt during this time, all while seeing that Chisaki not loving Hikari anymore didn't lead to him now being the one, but Tsumugu instead, and Kaname totally saw that it would end up happening even if he didn't hibernate, it's such a sad situation, but now that he knows that Sayu is there for him he will see the world in a whole different light, and I'm so happy to see these two like this, that scene was amazing and I can't deny I teared up.

This anime just keep showing me sides of the characters that makes me like them more and more, why are they so good?

And now, five years later, it's time to see if another Ofunehiki can bring the miracle and bring back Manaka's emotions, who is suffering so much right now because she can't understand the hole she has in her heart, completely unable to understand what love is, Tsumugu is the one taking action this time as Hikari did back then, as Uroko mentioned.

The end of the story is close, stay strong!
Mar 3, 2018 10:55 PM

Jun 2016
Oh boi, feels good when your ship finally sailed. But.. HikarixChisaki is almost impossible
Apr 17, 2019 1:19 AM

May 2016
Sayu confession was so beautiful. T-T
Jan 1, 2021 12:54 PM

Jun 2017
I think we got closure for Kaname and Sayu. Some more moments between them in the earlier episodes before the sending would have been nice but you can't expect to have drama for all characters. Chisaki admitted to like Tsumugu. It is expected. There isn't really any other match for her. I like that couple the most because it looks most natural. Everyone else's love is basically crushes but Chisaki and Tsumugu have an unspoken understanding of each other. They are grown-ups and their love actually feels mature. All that is left is trying to do the sending again.
Apr 24, 2021 9:20 AM

Feb 2019
Way to go, Sayu! That scene was well done. Finally, Kaname realises that there's someone that's been waiting for him all this time. Him especially. And glad that he's going to see Sayu as a proper girl his age now, somebody he might fall in love with.

Shipping Sayu and Kaname!
Nov 23, 2021 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
Lmao the scene where they are hiding behing corners stalking each other is just like a literal meme
Comander-07Nov 23, 2021 2:33 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 3, 2022 8:36 PM

Jan 2021
Not really a fan of Chisaki x Tsugumu, but at least Kaname seems ready to start moving on (even if he can't completely do it yet). Kaname was a dick at points, but I really feel for him now.

I feel bad for Miuna since she'll only get a chance with Hikari when Hell freezes over. Maybe she will develop feelings for her classmate.

I hope Manaka gets her ability to love back.

Mar 1, 2023 6:05 PM
Jul 2015
In conclusion Kaname did stupid move saving Tsumugu and Chisaki what

End up he lost the woman he likes 🤣🤡 rip kind guy got lost w cold guy using his 5 years times

Locking w the woman skin really close sound like Stockholm Syndrome but this victim in need of affection after losing their closed one
Aug 21, 2023 6:17 AM
Nov 2013
CrimsonMidnight said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Thus, based on my own opinion, I would think that whilst Tsumugu had probably developed feelings for Chisaki sometime during or after the first Ofunehiki event. Chisaki probably didn't notice her own feelings or even think to reciprocate them, even up to this latest episode, because she was so comfortable with the status quo. She didn't see a need to change anything, which is why when the cat was out of the bag, she needed a push from others like the poor Kaname to even consider/realize her own feelings, much less act on them (which she hasn't done thus far).

At least... that's the vibe that I've received after watching 24 episodes of this.

I'm sure Chisaki actually realize her growing feelings for Tsumugu. And she can't accept it. Not because she comfortable with the status quo nor didn't see a need to change, but because she was afraid to change. She realize she is changing, that's why she was so afraid at meeting with Hikari.

Chisaki and Kaname conversation in this episode:
Kaname: Even if things didn't work out with you and Hikari, I knew it'd be Tsumugu next and not me.
Chisaki: No! I don't love him!I'm not allowed to love Tsumugu!
If I fell in love with anyone other than Hikari, I thought I'd be betraying everyone still sleeping. Everyone whose time stopped!.
(I thought)I love Hikari. I made sure I wouldn't forget that. I always made sure I didn't forget..
When Hikari came back, I was scared.
The fact that I was the only one who became an adult...not only that...
I thought he'd see through me about various things.
But Hikari told me I hadn't change. I was so happy. (that I thought)I still loved Hikari. even now..but!
Kaname:That doesn't matter anymore.. we're all here now. We came back. There's no reason to fool your own feelings.
Chisaki:Manaka loves Tsumugu. In order to reawaken Manaka's feeling of love, I can't accept Tsumugu's feelings

So, I think Chisaki do notice her feelings but refuse to accept it because said reason above, she said it herself.

The word "I love Hikari", "I still love Hikari, even now", I wonder what others understand about those? Because, I do understand the Japanese (because I study Japanese in college) and I'm afraid others got the wrong idea. So I added (I thought) above.

In that word, it's not Chisaki declare herself she loves Hikari. But more "she thought" she love Hikari or "she made sure". Talk to herself, convincing herself. The pattern is the same with "I made sure I wouldn't forget that. [/b]I[/b] always made sure I didn't forget", they include the "I made sure" in those sentence, but not in the other which have same pattern. So, I think the sub is somewhat fail to deliver the real meaning....but then again, maybe I don't understand the english one, maybe it's already implied like that. ^^;
I realize that I'm replying to a 10 year old comment, but just want to quote this so that future readers don't misunderstand. This interpretation of what Chisaki said is really incorrect. Chisaki is NOT convincing herself she likes Hikari - she genuinely DOES like him.

If we take a look at what Chisaki says it was something like:
私は光がちゃんと好きなんだって。。。今でもちゃんとって
Judging by what you wrote, you're interpreting the tte directly as 'i thought' (って思ってた), but in this case (combined with the なんだ right before it, which is often used for moments of self-realization) I'm almost certain it's more like 'i understood / realized' (ってわかってた). This coincides exactly with her realization in episode 19 where she realized she was still in love with Hikari even after those 5 years.
My translation would have been more like:
But Hikari told me things won't change. I was so happy. I realized I still loved Hikari. even now..but! (something to do with her wanting to return Tsumugu's feelings given that her love with Hikari is unrequited)

At this point of the series, Chisaki truly loves Hikari. Whether she was convincing herself of those feelings during the timeskip is another matter, but we saw clear as day in episode 19 that, after Hikari came back from hibernation, her feelings for Hikari are very real. Her feelings are not at all 'fake' nor is she just trying to convince herself - I'm not sure where everyone is getting this idea. She loves Hikari, but now there is another person she has also grown fond of, who actually is interested in her unlike Hikari (i.e. not going to be unrequited love).

I hate this idea that people think Chisaki was just convincing herself she likes Hikari. How can anyone think that after seeing what was probably the most emotion we'll ever see out of Chisaki at the end of episode 19, where she re-realizes her love for him.

Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

Jun 2021
It seems like Kaname is the first one ready to move on. Good for Sayu, she actually got a chance.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

412 by Redcher »»
Sep 26, 2023 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.