Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 14, 2014 2:55 PM

Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
This episode proves how unnecesary was even introducing Shichimiya in this season.

Yah I agree-gree, she was only an added ingredient to this season's drama story...I really hate to see a brokenhearted girl...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 18, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 2014
Kinda sad for Shichimiya though. I'm sure Shichimiya is just trying to act tough at the end. Just like how most relationship goes, when things get awkward, the easiest choice is to move away (Assuming that's what Shichimiya meant by bye-bye).

I actually kinda enjoy this season, but I guess an Anime like this would have to think off-topics Ideas for the sequels. This season just felt a bit dark.

Can't say I like YutaXRikka. I really hoped they'd just be friends, and I ship YutaXShinka more than YutaXRikka.

I know a lot would disagree, but I hope there's a season 3 for this, and I hope it won't be anything serious, just the characters having fun and goofing off, just to forget about how dark this season was.
Nov 29, 2014 3:35 AM

Jan 2013
It was quite the conclusion for Satone, it's sad that she said the bye bye part.
Guess that means that she's leaving?

lucidbrandon said:
Rikka is a keyblade master who knew

Haha, nice one.
Nov 29, 2014 4:12 AM

Jul 2009
Deko was jealous coz Satone was hugging fake Mori Summer hahaha
Jan 3, 2015 5:07 AM

May 2013
Lol, Yuuta just believed Satone. Dense.
At least we have Mori Summer to the rescue.

Rikka's been digging and the only thing Satone's getting is NTR'd.
Dat "bye-bye". (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 14, 2015 2:22 AM

Aug 2009
mori summer <3

lol world has banished me

heart died again with shichimiya

at least rikka finding the last key was touching

random fight scene (supposedly last I assume)

see what they've got in store for the finale
Jun 21, 2015 7:46 AM
May 2012
Bye bye.
Dark Flame Master is all to blame.
Jul 21, 2015 3:57 AM

Jun 2015
bye bye? Is she leaving the anime?, well there is only 1 chap left but....
Oct 7, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
Satone > Rikka

Feb 29, 2016 6:32 PM

Oct 2013
I felt my heart sink just a little when Shichimiya said "bye bye." I can't tell if she was saying it to her feelings for Yuuta or to Yuuta himself, but it's tragic either way. The idea of her leaving is depressing. :(

Great episode IMO. Contrary to what the common opinion seems to be, the Shichimiya arc has been the saving grace to the season. It successfully built an empathetic character in Shichimya who also served her role in making Yuuta and Rikka's relationship stronger. This season overall has definitely been a step down from the first season, but this arc was not.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 6, 2016 6:08 PM

Jul 2015
Ajunky said:
VanishingKira said:
not even a kiss could save this lackluster season.
This... Just this.

Can't argue with that.....
Jun 22, 2016 12:54 PM

Jan 2015
Rewatching this the 3. time

Yet another great episode and we got to see the Dark Flame Dragon :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jul 16, 2016 2:37 PM

Jan 2014
I guess I was supposed to find this cute, but to me Rikka is now officially retarded. Jeez, that's a genuinely unhealthy past-time for a 15-16 year old girl, even if she has a lively imagination.

It's also quite sad if you consider that either that message was intended for Shichimiya, or she at least tried to be the one it was intended for, only to have her thunder stolen by someone several years late to the party.

ExoticBankai said:
Ajunky said:
This... Just this.

Can't argue with that.....

I won't either.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 26, 2016 11:33 AM
Jul 2016
Yuuta x Satone ship has officially sunk :C
JackOfHeartsJul 26, 2016 11:46 AM
Oct 14, 2016 10:39 PM
Dec 2015
Nibutani was kind of annoying this episode. I get it. Sushimia had feelings for Yuuta and Yutta was dence and didn't get it but what is he supposed to do in that situation. he is in a relationship with Rikka already. I don't see what he is supposed to do. The Dark Flame Dragon battle was kind of cool. Hoping for a good final episode.
Oct 19, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2016
The best part of this season was Satone saying 'Bye-bye'. I actually felt really sad watch her say that after all that she went through.

I honestly find Rikka's character annoying in this Season. Yuuta is more like a father to her than a lover.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Mar 27, 2017 12:54 AM

Feb 2016
Really? no one mentions the Hamon/Ripple reference from jojo?
I click circles.
Nov 2, 2017 7:10 PM
Jul 2017
Feels hit hard in this ep!! :___: <3
Kokoro Connect <3
May 27, 2018 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
Nibutani looked really hot this episode, but also was really annoying. If you have no better idea what to do, then don't blame other people for doing nothing. Even after two season of Chuunibyou, those chuunin speeches are still hella uncomfortable to me at times.
Sep 10, 2018 12:43 AM

Jun 2013
Nibutani is dumb lmao

Rikka is really annoying this season, idk why, but her chuunibyou is fine, it’s just she never learns her lesson and seems more like a daughter or sister.

Satone had so much potential as a character, but fell flat by bad writing and if I read correctly, original story, which I don’t get why

Decent episode, and man I feel bad for satone
Mar 4, 2019 7:52 PM
May 2017
Oh, god this episode was so cringey. Like I know this show is cringe, but I felt it way worse this episode.
Mar 13, 2019 9:18 PM

Jun 2015
ah i bet she's leaving now and setting out for somewhere after that bye
Sep 6, 2019 9:40 AM
Sep 2019
I really hate Sophia's laugh... Oof it huurts my ears.

That hg between Rikka and Yuuta was adorable though, especially because Sophia was near and saw it. I hope her heart broke that moment!! Stupid rat.

I'm also reaally glad that she finally won that battle and is back to her normal self, her being a Mary Sue was more than annoying.
Nov 16, 2019 1:18 AM
Jan 2019
So much to decipher in this episode that I can't remember all the tea. I'm kina vibin rn tho, ill go over it tomorrow
Aug 20, 2020 7:23 PM

Oct 2016
Kumin-senpai might be chill and laid back but she has good wisdom. Aww at Rikka going out every night in search of the coins. Bruh I'd die if i hit my toes like that on something holy shit I felt the pain there lmao. Shichimiya has finally defeated herself as well as he black dragon . Great episode.
Sep 24, 2020 8:54 AM
Jun 2016
SHICHIMIYA SAID "HAMON."
Feb 23, 2021 7:08 AM

Aug 2018
Ouch that Yuuta's broken finger scene, that looks hurt.
But Shichimiya's heart hurts more.
Aug 14, 2021 8:00 PM

Jun 2020
Rikka's sneeze is so damn cute, Now after soaking in the rain she got sick like how it has always been portrayed

Shichimiya still has problems with her feelings towards Yuuta and she's bothered by it night and day just not showing it too obviously in front of him

That end though these feels are just something else they're giving to the viewers, And there goes her fever much worse from before.
Jul 27, 2022 2:45 PM
Oct 2019
that was adorable how rikka was doing all of that because she thought it would make her bond closer with yuta

i just dislike this whole magical devil girl side plot. and "you are the one who i must battle" nonsense
Oct 29, 2022 2:01 PM

Jun 2015
I really feel bad for Shichimiya. She's a nice girl and deserves better but I do agree that they shouldn't have added her to begin with. They just made her an obvious loser in a bad love triangle.

Mar 11, 2023 8:18 AM

Aug 2022
I'm so glad that the love triangle ended. Satone was really annoying.
Jun 30, 2023 3:08 PM

Jan 2020
She said "Bye-bye" at the end... meaning that she finally accepted to leave her love behind.
Damn, I usually don't give a frick about anime characters, but now my heart is actually aching. Poor Satone.

The first half of the episode didn't help since Rikka acted even more like she was Yuuta's daughter and not his gf. Damn.
Sep 21, 2023 3:59 AM
May 2023
Damn, she went and said it
Oct 24, 2023 9:14 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Pitto_
She said "Bye-bye" at the end... meaning that she finally accepted to leave her love behind.
Damn, I usually don't give a frick about anime characters, but now my heart is actually aching. Poor Satone.

The first half of the episode didn't help since Rikka acted even more like she was Yuuta's daughter and not his gf. Damn.
@Pitto_
The powerful meaning behind this is full of emotions. Not saying bye previously meant they would remain friends. Now with her saying bye-bye... Wow. She is gonna leave, right? I love Rikka but still, that's heartbreaking nonetheless.
Nov 15, 2023 12:10 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, Shichimiya is a relevant character for how her presence brings Rikka and Yuuta closer together, but the fact is that a better writer would not need to create this character and shove in a love triangle no one asked for or wanted to accomplish this. If you wanted to use a love triangle, for example, you could have used Tsuyuri for that purpose and actually given her more plot relevance for example (rather than being an utter nonentity of a character who could be removed without changing anything other than the club's title and removing a terrible filler episode). Or, if you wanted another means of pushing their relationship together, use Touka and some external pressure from her to do so. Those are just two examples I can immediately think of which would have potentially worked better, but I'm sure an actual writer could think of other ideas too.

There was no need whatsoever to shoehorn in a brand-new character for that role when there were already existing tools in the narrative which could have accomplished that same purpose, so in that regard Shichimiya is basically irrelevant and pointless. Also, she's annoying as fuck and emblematic of the many, many problems with this disaster of a second season.
AtavisticNov 15, 2023 12:20 AM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

414 by Devonnius »»
Apr 5, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

294 by Devonnius »»
Feb 28, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.