Forum Settings
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2014 2:31 AM

Nov 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Personally I didn't find the third volume quite as interesting as the first two, but I'm enjoying this fourth volume a lot more on the whole. :)

So this chapter covers Momiji's back-story - he's so upbeat and enthusiastic most of the time, quite a surprise that his mother was so disgusted by his ability to transform that she willfully had her memories of him suppressed. Ouch. :(

And in the next chapter Tohru, Yuki and Kyo will visit her mother's grave.
"Get chance and luck!"
Jul 13, 2015 9:11 PM
Jan 2013
This was my favorite episode in the anime, and it's my favorite chapter in the manga, so far.
I love the honesty with which Momiji faces his hurts. I love the lines about not forgetting memories, even if they're painful.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jan 24, 2016 7:25 PM
Jul 2015
Shit, no this is so sad... Im almost crying right now, my poor Momiji. My heart broke when Tohru hugged him and both cried together.
Oct 9, 2017 4:36 PM

Sep 2017
I like how the posts are 2014 2015 2016 and now 2017. Interesting coincidence. But yeah this is one of my favorite chapters so far. Momoji's backstory is so sad. This was done beautifully in both manga and anime. And seeing Torhu hugging him as a rabbit is adorable and really makes your heart melt. Oh my god the feels!!!
Apr 10, 2018 5:38 PM

Oct 2014
I watched the anime years back, and honestly I'd forgotten a lot of stuff that's been in the manga so far. I can't wait to see what's in store for these characters after a couple more chapters. It's like experiencing the story for the first time again. This chapter was one that I remembered vividly, however, and Momiji's backstory still crushes me with emotion. This manga even for how old it is, still has a very alive feel to it even now.
Mar 17, 2019 9:27 AM

Jun 2009
Well, that was devastating. Tohru having thoughts of her mother during Momoji's story was powerful. Nice bit of juxtaposition there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 29, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 2014
This was heartbreaking. Momiji is such a strong person. It's really hard to live with such painful memories, but I agree that forgetting them would be regrettable.

The part where Tohru hugs him and they cry together really got to me.
Apr 8, 2019 9:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Re-reading for the nth time and crying...Momiji's story is heartbreaking all the more because he accepts the memories despite it being painful. The fact he can keep smiling and be hopeful makes me so emotional. Really can't stop crying ;_;
Jan 10, 2023 7:46 AM
Dec 2020
Dude... This was so sad. Poor Momiji. He is my favorite character and his story is so sad. He can't even hug Tohru without turning into an animal. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 7 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Jan 26, 2009

6 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 136 Discussion

crimsoncryst - Feb 2, 2011

22 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 28, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 131 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 20, 2023

3 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 95 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 18, 2023

4 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 8:43 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Chapter 135 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 20, 2023

2 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 6:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.