Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 17, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
Looking forward to Fairy Tail 2014, Mushishi (watched the first few episodes last night and it's great), Dragon Ball Kai 2014, Black Bullet. Might give JoJo another chance but I didn't really like the first season. Other than that I haven't really done any research or looked at much PVs, I'll just wait until the season starts and see what's being hyped and what's not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2014 3:03 PM

Mar 2012
«Kids' series are not listed»

First thing I read: "Keroro". Yeah, no kids series.
Mar 17, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2012
ISSHUNKAN FRIENDS. START AIRING ALREADY ;A;

Mar 17, 2014 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
Season looks interesting enough... though there is probably not a lot of stuff for my taste.

Of course Mushishi is going to be stellar, probably the series I have been looking forward to the most this year.

Selector infected Wixoss looks rather promising too, especially considering weve got the director of Steins;Gate on board... though Im not sure how much potential the cast and especially the plot carry. Plus, Im kinda afraid J.C. Staff will fuck it up :P.

As to the others: Im sure Sidonia no Kishi can be a great mecha - same counts for Haikyuu as a sports anime and Isshuukan Friends as a Rom(com?).Too bad I dont particularily like any of these genres.
I may give Jojo a chance though... even though Im not much into shounen anymore either :D.

Otherwise, Ill just hope for some unsuspected diamonds among the rubble to be washed out as the season progresses.
Mar 17, 2014 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
There are 8 shows i want to see this spring season which is a record for me these are:

Blade & Soul: yes i know it is made by GONZO so i should not expect much but i used to love gonzos early works and even tough these last few anime series have been bad i am still waiting to see if they can make a good quality anime again.

Seikoku no Dragonar: Mostly Guilty pleasure hehe from what i have seen it kind of looks like Highschool DxD and Zero No Tsukaima combined so i am curius how this show will turn out.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr: I love the story synopsis and how it seem to have a dark melancholy atmosphere to it and i like an anime with that type of background should be interesting.

Black Bullet: oh man the animation and soundtrack from the PV was already enough to hook me on this show and it has the sci fi and gunz blazing setting too so i am loking forward too it.

No Game No Life: Was already a fan of people living in game world realities from watching SAO and Log Horizon so i am giving this one a try too and its made by Madhouse so that's a bonus credit too it

Soul Eater NOT: Was a Fan of the orginal series so i am looking forward to seeing this one even just to get a glimpse of some of my fav characters from the old show. although i dont expect the same level of entertainment as the original soul eater.

Escha & Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi: A huge fan involving plots that feature alchemy as a central theme and from the PV it looks awesome i also need to get my hands on the games but that's proving tob e challenging to find.

Hitsugi no Chaika: Seems interesting and i love the animation style and the Supernatural theme but i still don't get exactly what the main plot of this show is.
Mar 17, 2014 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
Oh wow this is very useful :3
Hope to see some full PVs for Mahouka, Mekakucity Actors, Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii etc soon

Yeah, I also find it useful. I can get the airing dates and put them in my EXCEL calendar *-* Thought most of them I already had, but some have changed since then.
Mar 17, 2014 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
xchee said:
I already feel overwhelmed just by looking at the list.

heh, indeed.
Thanks for this, now I can check out all the PVs/CMs
Mar 17, 2014 3:46 PM

Jul 2010
Mekaku City Actors and Haikyuu!, im waiting!

Fai said:
Another lackluster season, eh?

Apart from Sidonia no Kishi, which will kick so much ass, nothing relevant or interesting or even decent so far. Mushishi might be decent but it did not need a sequel.
Ahahahaha
Mar 17, 2014 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
PV for Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmxCpvR4ReY&feature=youtu.be

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 17, 2014 5:37 PM
Mar 2014
well...I'm looking forward to watching Fairy Tail...but more important..Spring Anime is AWESOME!!! lot of romance genre...
Mar 17, 2014 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
This season is going to be awesome!! :D
btw, thanks for this list, i was missing some titles :'3
Mar 17, 2014 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
About 25 caught my initial interest. (Adding three carry-overs.) Oh yay! Busier than last season. This is the drawback of my tastes in anime getting wider! Too many anime.

Most excited for Haikyuu, Isshuukan Friends and Captain Earth.

Thanks for the links!
Mar 17, 2014 9:20 PM

Dec 2009
Lots of shoujo-ai this spring LOLOL.

Hmm... Mushishi, Fairy Tail, and about a thousand other titles that looked great! Can't wait!
Mar 17, 2014 10:50 PM

Aug 2013
Lots of action packed this spring.. looking forward to some great series.
Mar 17, 2014 11:01 PM
May 2013
Wow how long did it take you to put this together? I wonder though, is it really easier to compile this than just leaving the announcement threads open longer and having the PVs posted in those?

I appreciate the effort though, it seems the closing of the announcement threads (particularly those for shows that haven't aired yet) has created more work for you folks (the News Mods).

Anyways, as it seems the decision to close the announcement threads for upcoming series is permanent, at least this can mitigate one of its consequences. At least you guys aren't clinging to that ridiculous "it's already posted in the series discussion forum" excuse as a reason for not posting PVs in the news forum.

On a different note, thank you for putting this together. It's convenient to see it laid out like this and I think people will appreciate it.
HahalollawlMar 17, 2014 11:05 PM
Mar 17, 2014 11:03 PM

Mar 2013
Thank you for putting all the PVs in one place! Super useful :D
Mar 18, 2014 2:10 AM

Oct 2013
I'm really looking forward for this season ! :)
Mar 18, 2014 2:11 AM
Aug 2012
@Dunois:

You sir have my respect. Thanks for your hard work and putting all of this together.

Mar 18, 2014 2:45 AM

Dec 2011
Love Live CM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRJrTpEUbPE
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 18, 2014 2:53 AM

Feb 2010
Tried to read ping pong but couldn't get over the first couple of chapters. Already reading Baby Steps ( which is a good down to earth sports manga ) so the only few that are interesting left is Kindaichi and Mushishi. I'll probably watch ping pong too.

3 shows this spring, with Mushishi being an absolute must.
Mar 18, 2014 6:19 AM

Jul 2007
Tengai said:
Damn, this is really helpful, really awesome!!!
Tons of Anime this coming Spring season and that's good for the industry.
I will watch almost all of those Anime :3

YumeHunter said:
Haikyuu will be amazing, enough said. Also really looking foward to Sidonia no Kishi. I have about 23 anime title for this season...don't know how I will survive school.

It's simple, we kill the school.
rederoin said:
Fai said:
rederoin said:
Fai said:
Another lackluster season, eh?

Apart from Sidonia no Kishi, which will kick so much ass, nothing relevant or interesting or even decent so far. Mushishi might be decent but it did not need a sequel.

Man, it must suck to not be-able to enjoy anime as much as the rest of the community.

Enjoyment implies that there's enough quality in the product and that the product had enough depth to make it into cohesive and interesting experience.

That is simply impossible when the said product is subpar derivative experience that does nothing new or nothing interesting.

So yeah, I'd rather enjoy actually good shit than lower my standards to mindless kitsch.

Well.. thats like, your opinion, man.

Yeah, that's just your opinion man. You do understand that we all have different taste, preferences, likes or something like that.

opinion = subjective
taste = objective

Taste by definition can't be subjective as taste is all about the capability of comprehending and perceiving the quality of the work, as well as ability to differentiate it from kitsch

I can dislike avant-garde for its specifics not connecting with my perception of the world, but I can still objectively appreciate Picasso or Pollock for their genius.
Mar 18, 2014 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
Fai said:

opinion = subjective
taste = objective

Taste by definition can't be subjective as taste is all about the capability of comprehending and perceiving the quality of the work, as well as ability to differentiate it from kitsch

I can dislike avant-garde for its specifics not connecting with my perception of the world, but I can still objectively appreciate Picasso or Pollock for their genius.

Ýeah, i'm sorry that I did not make this clear enough, but I acteally do not care about your opinion.

I'm sorry.

Mar 18, 2014 6:57 AM
May 2012
Fai said:

opinion = subjective
taste = objective

Well, you are right about that, though it seems like you'll really not understand it so we will just let it be.
Mar 18, 2014 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san has been moved to 8 April, going by its official site.

http://www.dreamcreation.co.jp/inuneko/

Mar 18, 2014 8:02 AM
Dec 2013
Dragonball Kai - Finally
Fairy Tail - Missed you
Date a Live II - After long waiting the second season finally has come

Don't know about the others though. Hope there will be some great animes.
Mar 18, 2014 5:35 PM
Mar 2013
rederoin said:
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san has been moved to 8 April, going by its official site.

http://www.dreamcreation.co.jp/inuneko/

I checked this with the other mods and April 8 is the broadcast date for Niconico. Otherwise, it's still scheduled for April 4.

Inuneko will be replacing Strange+ once it ends on March 28.
[b]Join #myanimelist on RizonIRC![b]
(^∇^)

Mar 18, 2014 7:17 PM
Mar 2013
Added Meshimase Lodoss-tou Senki: Sorette Oishii no?. The relevant news post can be found here.
[b]Join #myanimelist on RizonIRC![b]
(^∇^)

Mar 18, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2010
HuNtErLeOrIo said:
Dizzee said:

morshuwarrior said:

JoJo is obviously going to be the best of the season, perhaps the whole year.

I agree

I do also agree.

How can I not agree with you. But I think that Mushishi will be on equal terms to SC's greatness.
Also I'm personally looking forward to Ping Pong, master Yuasa in action can't be missed.

Sidonia no Kishi and Captain Earth seems a lesser tier but nonetheless enjoyable I think, so I'm gonna try these 2 too.
Mar 19, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2009
Holy hell, I didn't even they were making an Anime of this. Hopefully it'll be good.
Mar 19, 2014 1:34 AM

Feb 2014
The new and first PV of Fuuun Ishin Dai☆Shogun :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUa264kzU78
Mar 19, 2014 1:45 AM

Oct 2013
SevenSabers said:

It looks pretty good.
Mar 19, 2014 3:14 AM

Mar 2014
SevenSabers said:

Well that's one more show on my list.
Mar 19, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2008
So excited for the second season of Mushishi. Can't wait for next month <3

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Mar 19, 2014 12:30 PM

May 2013
Finalizing my spring list. This was really helpful.
Fairy Tail (2014) <3
No Game, No Life
Selector Infected WIXOSS
and I want to wait until I've seen the first season of Mushishi before I move onto the second.
Mar 19, 2014 2:35 PM

Feb 2011
SevenSabers said:

I was planning to try this out, but it dosn't look appealing to me, so that'll be a skip :P
Mar 19, 2014 4:55 PM
Jul 2018
Blade n Soul anime before game?? this's bullshit!!
Mar 19, 2014 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
Fumetsui said:
Blade n Soul anime before game?? this's bullshit!!

The game is already out. What are you talking about?

Mar 19, 2014 10:13 PM
May 2013
SevenSabers said:

Ugghhh...looks REALLY fanservicy...but Miyuki Sawashiro is in it...so I guess I'll watch...I get the feeling it might be overshadowed by other mecha this season like Sidonia no Kishi, Captain Earth, or M3. Especially M3...on that topic can we get a PV for M3?! PLEASE!!!!!
Mar 20, 2014 3:45 AM

Jul 2013
19 shows on my PTW list, though some of them might be dropped halfway... I'm really looking forward to some of the shows and I'm sure at least 3 of them would be awesome due to original source, staff, studio etc.

Mar 20, 2014 4:33 AM

May 2012
SevenSabers said:

I will definitely watch this, but I'm disappointed that they did not show my favorite character in the the PV

http://i.imgur.com/ALGDtF1.jpg (look at 3rd character)
Mar 20, 2014 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
Maybe I misread it, but Sidonia no Kishi is listed to première on 10 April(25:49) on the official site.

http://www.knightsofsidonia.com/top.html

Mar 20, 2014 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
Black Bullet (The one I'm most looking forward to!)

Fairy Tail (2014)

Date A Live II (Finally!!!)

Haikyū

Hitsugi no Chaika (I'm not so sure anymore after watching the PV...)

Akuma no Riddle

Mahō Shōjo Taisen

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

No Game No Life

Blade and Soul

Soul Eater Not! (I'm not so sure after watching today's PV ( _ _))
Mar 20, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
Looking forward to some of the supernatural stuff here.
Mar 20, 2014 5:12 PM

Jan 2013
morshuwarrior said:
I want to see more than half of these titles...

JoJo is obviously going to be the best of the season, perhaps the whole year.

You haven't seen Mushishi yet so I suppose I can forgive you for saying this.

Damn I've never wanted to watch so many anime in the same season before; I might end up waiting till some of them are finished before watching them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2014 9:38 PM
May 2013
I think there's a new video (commercial) for Hitsugi no Chaika out. Should that be included here?
Mar 21, 2014 1:53 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
rederoin said:
Maybe I misread it, but Sidonia no Kishi is listed to première on 10 April(25:49) on the official site.
Seems it was pushed back a week. Adjusted (the DB entry, too), thank you.

Hahalollawl said:
I think there's a new video (commercial) for Hitsugi no Chaika out. Should that be included here?
I've added it, but it's basically a reuse of the PV from what I saw.
Mar 21, 2014 4:03 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, that's... good thing I banned sports anime from myself for the spring season (still have backlog of kuroko and ace I need to watch). So far aiming to check out seven series but will probably end up dropping some of the 'curiosity killed the cat' ones. I'm hoping some of the mecha series are actually good.
Mar 21, 2014 4:13 AM

Feb 2014
So this spring there is no Highschool DxD season 3 :( :(
Mar 21, 2014 4:21 AM

Sep 2011
im gonna be watching alot more this season than i did last, im most looking forword to captain earth especially after this preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lklVXm2elVU

and of course jojojojo

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 21, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2011
JizzyHitler said:
im gonna be watching alot more this season than i did last, im most looking forword to captain earth especially after this preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lklVXm2elVU

and of course jojojojo

APPRIVOISE
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 9 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
9 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 27 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
27 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

29 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
59 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.