Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 2, 2014 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
Definitely hyped for Stardust Crusaders. Have been since I watched the last season back in November. Fuuun Ishin Dai☆Shogun looks interesting, if only 'cause I have a weakness for Edo period stuff. Sidonia no Kishi and Captain Earth might be worth a look too.
Apr 3, 2014 7:39 AM

Jan 2010
Another PV of Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns. It's explained the plot of the first case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wMcVZeGDL8
Apr 3, 2014 8:40 AM

Nov 2007
DarAR92 said:
Another PV of Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns. It's explained the plot of the first case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wMcVZeGDL8

Thank you, I will add it, but it's CM not PV.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2014 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
zperson5 said:
Wow so many new ones. I know I'm going to be busy.
Also can someone let me know how that abomination Date A Live got a second season?

I already know I'm watching
Makouka Koukou no Rettousei and Black Bullet. I'll probably pick 3-4 others.

Date A Live's sales went well and the light novels are selling even better. Volume 10 of the DAL LN rocked the sales chart and went to no. 1 for the first week of release.
Apr 3, 2014 8:44 AM

Sep 2012
Anyone know the specific days these will be airing or a reference sight for it?
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 3, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
Korrvo said:

Will this do? http://anichart.net/airing
Apr 3, 2014 4:43 PM

Dec 2013
I can't wait for Fairy Tail, Love Live, Date A Live
Apr 3, 2014 5:06 PM
Apr 2014
Korrvo said:

Here is a up-to-date one for you (you can customize your time zone under Customize):
http://livechart.me/weekly
Apr 4, 2014 10:05 AM
Apr 2014
Thanks a lot!
This season I´m gonna watch 24 animes XD
Apr 4, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
So far the good ones are Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, Mushishi Zoku Shou and JoJo.
Apr 4, 2014 3:11 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii has been moved to April 13th. An introductory episode has been announced to air on the 6th: Episode 0 on MAL.

I cleaned up all the old "New" links as well, so the post should be a bit nicer now.
Apr 4, 2014 3:15 PM

Nov 2011
Kineta said:
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii has been moved to April 13th. An introductory episode has been announced to air on the 6th: Episode 0 on MAL.

Just wondering but is there a source for episode 0?
Apr 4, 2014 3:32 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Stark700 said:
Just wondering but is there a source for episode 0?
Twitter
Apr 5, 2014 1:02 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Kineta said:
Or not...

Apparently the "Episode 0" is actually "Episode 1"... it was written specifically for the first episode of the anime and will later be published as "Chapter 0" in Hana to Yume. Yay for confusion. Thus, "Episode 0" has been removed from the DB.
KinetaApr 5, 2014 3:37 PM
Apr 6, 2014 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
Blade and Soul got my eye.

Apr 6, 2014 11:36 AM

Nov 2011
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san should be moved up by a week. This week the only aired a live-action promo/special. Same goes for the DB entry.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 8, 2014 12:54 PM

Sep 2012
NarukamiLelouch said:
Korrvo said:

Here is a up-to-date one for you (you can customize your time zone under Customize):
http://livechart.me/weekly
Extremely belated thanks.

And for Sandyboi too.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 8, 2014 9:25 PM
May 2013
Dunois said:

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane
Satelight Action, Mecha
PV1 CM1 New PV2 New CM2 New

Something about this does not seem right. That last link is for an AOKI hagane video with bears right? =O lol
Apr 8, 2014 10:31 PM
Jun 2013
in spring 2014 l watch baby step, haikyuu & mahouka koukou.. still waiting mekaku city actor :D
Apr 9, 2014 2:34 AM

Nov 2007
Hahalollawl said:
Dunois said:

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane
Satelight Action, Mecha
PV1 CM1 New PV2 New CM2 New

Something about this does not seem right. That last link is for an AOKI hagane video with bears right? =O lol

Deleted, thanks.

rederoin said:
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san should be moved up by a week. This week the only aired a live-action promo/special. Same goes for the DB entry.

The poster on the official site says it's April 4, 2014 is the start day, but I guess it doesn't start until April 10.
tsubasaloverApr 9, 2014 2:39 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 9, 2014 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Lets hope for atleast ONE masterpiece anime after this long list.
Apr 9, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2013
After going through each premiere of the season. Man, spring sure turns out to be worse than what i'd thought it would be. So far, the only stuff that i've found genuinely entertaining are only Jojo, Mushishi, Isshukan Friends, and Haikyuu! Everything else is either mildly entertaining or outright godawful. Even Mahouka and Black Bullet which i'd hoped to be at least decent according to hype, budget, and staff involved, were gimped at executions and failed to live up to expectations. I've no idea if i belong to the hard-to-please camp, but if i were to draw comparison with spring 2013 and even spring 2012, this one seem kind of lackluster.
Apr 9, 2014 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
Amiluhur said:
After going through each premiere of the season. Man, spring sure turns out to be worse than what i'd thought it would be. So far, the only stuff that i've found genuinely entertaining are only Jojo, Mushishi, Isshukan Friends, and Haikyuu! Everything else is either mildly entertaining or outright godawful. Even Mahouka and Black Bullet which i'd hoped to be at least decent according to hype, budget, and staff involved, were gimped at executions and failed to live up to expectations. I've no idea if i belong to the hard-to-please camp, but if i were to draw comparison with spring 2013 and even spring 2012, this one seem kind of lackluster.

Have you seen No Game No Life, and Love Live! Season 2? If you have and you think they suck, I guess we just have really different tastes.

p.s. Love Live! is going to get way better very soon, episode 1 was very set-uppy.
Apr 9, 2014 5:06 PM

Jul 2013
Amiluhur said:

We still have dozen something more shows to air within the next week. Hopefully some of those will suit your taste. Within the ones that still hasn't aired I'm personally looking foward to Mekaku City Actors and Ping Pong(sorta).
Apr 9, 2014 10:04 PM
May 2013
M3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4X3EOojPV4

I don't think this show is going to be average or mediocre...I suspect it will be either really terrible or really awesome...hopefully the latter.
HahalollawlApr 9, 2014 10:08 PM
Apr 10, 2014 12:29 AM

Aug 2013
Kyuutoryuu said:
Have you seen No Game No Life, and Love Live! Season 2? If you have and you think they suck, I guess we just have really different tastes.

p.s. Love Live! is going to get way better very soon, episode 1 was very set-uppy.

I dunno. My tastes are very mainstream audience in nature, and my main dishes of each seasons are usually long-runners (HunterXHunter, Kingdom, Yowapeda, etc). As such, i often have a hard time digesting stuff with very blatant otaku bait (Most LN adaptations, cute girls doing stuff, and fanservice stuff). Despite that, i always give every premiere of the season a chance, who knows i might've got another White Album 2 or Oregairu, but so far there have been very few that managed to grab my interest compared to Spring 2013 (6 shows) and Spring 2012 (9 shows). Just saw Hitsugi no Chaika and No Game No Life this morning and both were equally godawful.

Oh well, for now i'm still waiting for Sidonia no Kishi. Hopefully that one won't disappoint.

Regarding Love Live!, i've got to admit that it's a really great show. I've only seen 2 eps last year, and it had amazing visuals, equally interesting Characters, and great soundtrack. I know that Sunrise put genuine effort to it. But i still dropped it anyway since it simply didn't correspond with my wavelength.
Apr 10, 2014 1:10 AM

Apr 2009
Amiluhur said:

What did you expect? Black Bullet, Mahouka, etc. are all LN adaptions and we all know what to expect from those by now.
Anyway, give Ping Pong a try. Yuasa is directing this so it is bound to be interesting at least.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 10, 2014 1:39 AM
Feb 2012
Hahalollawl said:
M3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4X3EOojPV4

I don't think this show is going to be average or mediocre...I suspect it will be either really terrible or really awesome...hopefully the latter.

One of the few spring shows left that I'm actually looking forward to.

How I wish to feel the anime innocence from my 2012 self. Back then I'd have probably enjoyed those shows I so very willingly dropped this season. Alas, c'est la vie.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 10, 2014 1:46 AM

Oct 2007
Yeah a lot of the stuff put out that I think I would even enjoy as a guilty pleasure or just for the fun of it didn't really gel with me either and I'm starting to really wonder if I'm just starting to grow out of tune with what's popular in the anime scene again after a good run of a couple years. I guess I just don't see what's so hard about a show trying to tell a good story with likeable characters and a premise that will allow it to make something of itself. Like I really honestly don't have a problem with cute girls or stuff like that, but just yet again so many shows seem like they expect that to be enough for me. So far the only show I've seen from this season ostensibly centered around cute girls that was still kind of enjoyable to me is Love Live.

I don't know what it is about Sunrise, but when on their own and on their game as they have been again lately they somehow just seem to be able to take any premise and make it feel interesting, fun and welcome even when it's clearly meant to be little more than a commercial for something. I might not follow Love Live to the end of the season again since it's ultimately not really my thing, but I have to appreciate how they really seem to take pride in their work and actually care about making shows that people will enjoy as something greater than the sum of their parts instead of for just this or that little wink/nod or voice actor or whatever. Maybe it's just from them being an old school company with an old school approach that predates the light novel and moe otaku era, but along with Madhouse, I.G and sometimes Bones it's like their the only producer out there that is still regularly able to reach me with their output. Maybe it's just because they have a budget and their own ideas a lot of the time that don't necessarily conform to whatever is happening in the Light Novel world all the time.

I guess if all else fails I'll probably always be able to count on them to carry the load in a given season.
PeacingOutApr 10, 2014 1:51 AM
Apr 10, 2014 4:04 AM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Amiluhur said:

What did you expect? Black Bullet, Mahouka, etc. are all LN adaptions and we all know what to expect from those by now.
Anyway, give Ping Pong a try. Yuasa is directing this so it is bound to be interesting at least.

As somebody on ANN put it.

"danilo07" said:
It is very hard for most western fans to speak about the quality of LNs in general.A whole lot of material is never translated or even touched by anyone in the west,and that includes a lot of potentially good LNs.Has anyone heard of a light novel called Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou?It is one of the best selling LN titles and I can tell you that in no way it panders to otaku audience.It is mature work,obviously aimed at adults.If it sells so well,then why hasn't it gotten anime adaptation ?Presumably,anime producers think that anime audiences wouldn't appreciate titles like that ,and that the sales of the source material wouldn't increase.This all means that judging an entire medium based on anime adaptations is wrong thing to do.We can't really dismiss it so easily,since we have no perception about the entire LN market.

Apr 29, 2014 11:57 PM
Sep 2013
The hell? I thought the creator of the series told them to stop making anime of his series? Well, I guess he has no control over his creation, as Konami legally owns it.
Apr 30, 2014 4:35 AM

Nov 2011
MrNTR said:
The hell? I thought the creator of the series told them to stop making anime of his series? Well, I guess he has no control over his creation, as Konami legally owns it.

What the hell are you talking about?

Apr 30, 2014 9:01 AM

Mar 2014
love u no game no live ~
Apr 30, 2014 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
rederoin said:
MrNTR said:

What the hell are you talking about?

maybe about black bullet? i read somewhere that the LN author is annoyed with this fail adaptation (dont nail this though, could be wrong as well)
anyways, why the fk did they rush the **** out of it? they cut out tons of good scenes and moments from the original novel it isnt funny anymore. trying to fit 4 volumes into 12 episodes? seriously, it should have been more like 2 volumes in 12 episodes.

i will keep watching it, but it is ruined for me. >_> why do you do this to me!

right now still watching NGNL, mekaku (why, hello shaft, i watch everything from you ^_^) jojo (started with the manga like 4 days ago, read part 1 and 2 in one go, way more epic than i thought) and rettosei, though the later one only because it seems to get better later on, and now it isnt that bad
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 1, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2014
Urek said:
maybe about black bullet? i read somewhere that the LN author is annoyed with this fail adaptation (dont nail this though, could be wrong as well)

I personally like Black Bullet (having not been able to find full translations of the light novel), so if that's true, I really need to find the light novel translations, then. But, then again, I might just be easy to please. >.>
May 1, 2014 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
I dropped Black Bullet right after episode 4. It was one of example of good premise ruined by awful executions (which a number of LN adaptations have been suffered from). But oh God, the reactions surrounding the show have been completely hilarious. The last time i checked some aniblogs (particularly RandomC), people were so furiously giving it severe beatings that their comments often end up being more entertaining than the show itself.

Though at this very point i still can't believe that it's Masayuki Kojima (the director of Monster) who's responsible for that dreck.
May 2, 2014 1:04 PM
May 2013
lil8zngrl said:

I personally like Black Bullet

This is what should probably be most important to you. I don't think you should worry too much about what anyone else thinks about anime that you like, even if that person is the author. If you like it, you like it =)
May 3, 2014 1:54 PM

Mar 2014
Hahalollawl said:
lil8zngrl said:

I personally like Black Bullet

This is what should probably be most important to you. I don't think you should worry too much about what anyone else thinks about anime that you like, even if that person is the author. If you like it, you like it =)

To be honest, I doubt people can make me change my mind about what I like (I'm just stubborn in that sense? LMAO), but, I AM curious about what the light novel actually entails now. Only found a teaser translation on Baka-Tsuki, sadly. Thanks for the uplifting comment, though. ^^
May 4, 2014 8:54 PM

Aug 2012
haikyuu's pretty cool. still need to check out isshuukan friends. toho animation=god. oh and the music from haikyuu is kinda similar to yowamushi pedal. some nice, feel good soundtracks on there.
Sep 15, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Thread locked as it is now outdated. The Summer 2014 preview thread is located here:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1201573&show=0

and the Fall 2014 preview thread is located here:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1271073
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
11 minutes ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
14 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 50 minutes ago

2 by derpinat0rz »»
37 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.