MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Tokyopop To Lose All the Kodansha Titles
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Tokyopop To Lose All the Kodansha Titles

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
09-01-09, 11:43 AM

NO EXPORT FOR YOU.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

09-01-09, 4:42 PM

I hate titles going out of print. Why do they happen so quickly???

09-01-09, 7:52 PM

Faust721 said:
Waffocopter said:
Is Samurai Deeper Kyo part of this too? I just want to get this series over with already...and I'm either going to have to stop at a random volume or get volumes from a different publisher later on? Same with Getbackers. Great.

SDK is gonna be published by another company. It was either Dark Horse or Del Ray iirc.

I just checked it it's DR
But they will continue from where TP left off so I just need to buy 2 volumes and I am on track

09-01-09, 9:11 PM

Hamel said:
Faust721 said:
Waffocopter said:
Is Samurai Deeper Kyo part of this too? I just want to get this series over with already...and I'm either going to have to stop at a random volume or get volumes from a different publisher later on? Same with Getbackers. Great.

SDK is gonna be published by another company. It was either Dark Horse or Del Ray iirc.

I just checked it it's DR
But they will continue from where TP left off so I just need to buy 2 volumes and I am on track

Ah, well that's a relief. Don't want such a long series left incomplete like that. Phew.

09-01-09, 9:28 PM

Sad for Tokyo Pop, but if Kodansha is out on its own business I think the matter is to know when they will start publishing and selling those titles themselves.

Well, anyway from those titles, the ones that were of my interest I already have them all complete, as they were finished years ago, like Mahoromatic and Comic Party, so if anyone wants those it is a matter of buying the whole lot from TP while they have issues from those titles.

09-01-09, 10:36 PM

On a side note, does that mean all the ex-Tokyopop licensed titles on online manga reading sites that were asked to be taken down might come back up?

I mean I've noticed Dark Horse occasionally has issues with hosting scanlations of their licensed titles, but Del Rey seems to be generally tolerant of it (at least so far).

09-01-09, 10:45 PM

Some of those titles were more or less OOP already. Like Dragon Voice - volume 10 has been out for about 16 months, and there was never any clear word on whether or not the final volume (11) will finally come out. With Rebound, it's been even longer. Maybe I'll finally be able to get it now. Don't care whether it's an online release or not, frankly.

Also, WTF: "Cyborg 009 Shotaro Ishinomori 36 Vol. 10 published in March 2005"

How was this not already in limbo?

Meanwhile, inside my head...
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net

09-02-09, 3:29 PM

dtshyk said:
Tokyopop will not be allowed to complete the ongoing series

Not like they would anyway...

Hopefully this spells the begining of the end for Tokyopoop.
Nice
check this rad twitter out: http://twitter.com/fuckyeah_anime

09-02-09, 9:08 PM

Torisunanohokori said:
...IN THE SPECIAL LEVEL OF HELL RESERVED FOR THOSE WHO LET OELs INTO THIS WORLD.

...On a side note, while they were releasing those OELs, they were also royally screwing over a lot of the artists involved. Google Tokyopop Contract Scandal if you are interested.

Ninja337 said:
dtshyk said:
Tokyopop will not be allowed to complete the ongoing series

Not like they would anyway...

Hopefully this spells the begining of the end for Tokyopoop.

I will forever refer to them as "Tokyopoop" now. Thank you. <3

09-06-09, 4:14 PM

Hmm, Parasyte is being rereleased which is good since I want to read it, same with Chobits.

BLAME! and Le Portrait De Petit Cossette being OOP on the other hand is pure bullshit. Especially BLAME!.

10-08-09, 7:13 AM

...but what about Tokyo Tribes?! That's not Kodansha!

10-08-09, 8:48 AM

I'm actually kind of glad about Initial D. If Kodansha decides to publish that in the US then we have a chance of them not horribly slaughtering the Japanese names like Tokyopop did.

I mean, "KT" for Keisuke Takahashi and "Tak" for Takumi? And they thought that sounded better?

11-19-09, 1:24 PM

chobits rules

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices