♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
King Kai's japanese voice dub.....

It's like he isn't interested in his job anymore

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 17, 2016 3:05 PM
Oct 2010
UnpopularAnime said:
"RWBY". It's anime style but it's English, the voice acting sounds cringy at times.

What do you expect from an original series? Your analogy is like saying Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon cartoons sucks because it's English.
Aug 17, 2016 4:08 PM

Apr 2016
SolidZone said:
UnpopularAnime said:
"RWBY". It's anime style but it's English, the voice acting sounds cringy at times.

What do you expect from an original series? Your analogy is like saying Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon cartoons sucks because it's English.
No, it's like saying that a show with shitty voice acting has shitty voice acting. It has nothing to do with the language.
Aug 17, 2016 4:15 PM

Jun 2015
I tend to love my seiyuus a little bit too much so I don't see one that I would call really really bad haha, I think it's more about preferences, like for some reason I think Aya Hirano's voice is kind of annoying...

Also I don't what happened with the casting but the voice actress for the character of Maltran in Tales of Zestiria sounds really really odd and doesn't fit the character at all for me
Aug 17, 2016 4:51 PM
Oct 2010
UnpopularAnime said:
SolidZone said:

No, it's like saying that a show with shitty voice acting has shitty voice acting. It has nothing to do with the language.

Oh, then cut the series some slack as it was made with a low budget at the time. None of the voice actors were professionals as they were all staff from RoosterTeeth and would be a disgrace to the fans to change them. Plus, why did you mention RWBY in this? It may be anime style due to the art, but it still isn't one.
Aug 17, 2016 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
The guys that dubbed GetBackers and man! those actors are amateurs.
Aug 17, 2016 10:21 PM

Apr 2016
SolidZone said:
UnpopularAnime said:

Oh, then cut the series some slack as it was made with a low budget at the time. None of the voice actors were professionals as they were all staff from RoosterTeeth and would be a disgrace to the fans to change them. Plus, why did you mention RWBY in this? It may be anime style due to the art, but it still isn't one.
Well the topic is to post anime with bad voice acting, not the worst voice acting to budget ratio.

And yea this isn't an anime, but it's the worst voice acting I've seen, and the only bad voice acting in any anime tbh.
Apr 16, 2017 10:48 PM
Apr 2017
Splitter said:
kidrobot said:
Nobody can be worst than johnny yong bosch!!!!!!!

You've obviously never heard of David Moo.
...sir this man voiced xellos in slayers. I think he gets a pass for that.
Apr 16, 2017 11:00 PM

Jul 2015
I don't think I've ever come across "bad" voice acting in the original Japanese version, only miscasts. Those tend to piss me off, like Goku's grandma voice and adult Naruto's unmanly voice. Then there are voice actors whose voice I can't stand anymore after a certain role, like Yuki Kaji. Fucking Koichi in JoJo was the most annoying little shit ever, and now whenever I hear Kaji use his more high-pitched voice I can't help but hear Koichi.

Also in Japanese dubbing, whoever did the voice acting for Gollum in Lord of the Rings should just get fired.
Apr 16, 2017 11:05 PM

Aug 2015
Greg Ayres is hands down the worst English voice actor
Apr 16, 2017 11:29 PM
Apr 2017
Lord_Lamington said:
Greg Ayres is hands down the worst English voice actor
nerima daikon brothers says otherwise. And beck Mongolian chop squad. And ghost stories.

Besides, the real worst voice actors are the ones that were the first dub voices for zelgadis amelia and sylphiel in slayers.
Apr 16, 2017 11:37 PM

Jan 2015
cybershrimp said:
English dub and Japanese

Whoever 4kids thought was an good actor is a bad actor :3

"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Apr 16, 2017 11:39 PM
Apr 2017
Ultimatedeath said:
cybershrimp said:
English dub and Japanese

Didn't 4kids do yugioh gx too though?
Apr 17, 2017 2:19 AM

Jan 2015
Dpc292 said:
Ultimatedeath said:

Probably but they never finished dubbing it -w-
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Apr 17, 2017 2:24 AM

Apr 2017
Others really.. hate Bryce Papenbrook... voice... To me He's very decent for a voice actor

Hmm some of his Voices.. didn't actually fit... but more you diggin it.. the more his voice.. can also good..

Only thing that bothers other users was he can't really scream...

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 17, 2017 12:59 PM
Apr 2017
RnDNEET021 said:
Others really.. hate Bryce Papenbrook... voice... To me He's very decent for a voice actor

Hmm some of his Voices.. didn't actually fit... but more you diggin it.. the more his voice.. can also good..

Only thing that bothers other users was he can't really scream...

yeah Bryce is a good kid. He had to go through crap though to get to where he is now though. For example, did you know that he played densuke mifune in eiken and the main character in ah my Buddha?

Also, another possibly bad voice actor would be the girl that had the raspy voice in comic party revolution.
Apr 17, 2017 1:09 PM
Apr 2017
Ultimatedeath said:
Dpc292 said:

Then why are we saying 4kids is all bad then? Also by the way, 4KIDS ALSO DID ULTIMATE MUSCLE!!!!!!! DONT TELL ME THAT SHIT WASNT AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 17, 2017 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
Dpc292 said:
Ultimatedeath said:

Then why are we saying 4kids is all bad then? Also by the way, 4KIDS ALSO DID ULTIMATE MUSCLE!!!!!!! DONT TELL ME THAT SHIT WASNT AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never watched that anime :3

I only watched Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece, Pokemon, Sonic-X, Tokyo Mew-Mew, I can only guess with Shaman King (but the eng OP was good) :3

All those I mentioned was destroyed by 4kids I don't think Shaman King was messed up so much or maybe I just remember badly :3

Apr 17, 2017 4:24 PM
Apr 2016
I wouldn't say the voice actors were bad, but the Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere dubs were just poorly directed. I love the shows but they're just not done well even though the acting was good, the poor timing, odd sentence structure, and word-for-word script adapting with no changes to fit the flaps made it really suffer in my eyes.
Apr 17, 2017 5:26 PM
Jan 2016
Haruka Tomastu period. Never liked her voice. Seems lame
Apr 19, 2017 12:36 AM

May 2016
GabrielB24 said:
Haruka Tomastu period. Never liked her voice. Seems lame

Me too. She's overrated as fuck, dude.
Accept everyone's opinions. Unless they are badly constructed or something the lines of "Uhh duuh da girls were sexy"

That's not an opinion, that's Something called "A lack of brain cells". Specifically the latter.

Everyone who likes Eromanga-Sensei is a pedophile.
Jul 9, 2017 4:46 AM

Apr 2017
No doubt for me it's Kevin Collins who dubs Griffith in the '97 Berserk anime. He doesn't sound like an actor at all, he just sounds like some random dude picked off the streets for this voice acting job. Or like a guy who won a contest to be the voice of a character in an anime.

His voice is incredibly average and monotone at that. They might just as well have picked Stephen Hawking to be the voice of Griffith...

Thankfully though Griffiths japanese voice actor is perfect in that anime.
Jul 9, 2017 4:49 AM

Feb 2016
I can't think of any bad voice actor because I think nobody is really that bad.
I mostly don't like same of the english voice actors for female characters. Some of them are really trying so hard to sound cute and most of the time it sounds really annoying to me. This is way worse with German-dub.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jul 9, 2017 6:47 AM

Jan 2010
Voice actors in my country...............

If we are talking about seiyuus, I have one in mind. It's not the worst, far from it. She is an incredible and very famous seiyuu actually. And she voiced one of my fav character.

But I really hate her voice when she uses this certain pitch.

It's the Queen of Tsundere, Kugimiya Rie!

Yeah, I hate her high pitched voice in all the tsunderes she voiced.

But she is an incredible seiyuu and no way she is the worst!
Jul 9, 2017 7:25 AM

Sep 2016
that newbie from quiz bowl anime just claimed that title
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 9, 2017 7:32 AM

Apr 2016
Sick_Bastard said:
So bad it's good voice acting: The Narrator from Hokuto no Ken

Just shitty: Naruto's voice. Lord, as if I needed another one of my sense assaulted by that show.

Naruto was supposed to be an annoying kid who's passionate on the inside though..
Jul 9, 2017 7:38 AM

Apr 2017
For the ladies, it is mainly Haruka Tomatsu. It's not like I hate her personally but the roles given to her are starting to get annoying especially when she's got chosen for www.Working and Zutto maekara suki deshita.
In general, I dislike those female voice actors who really speak too much cutesy.

For the gentleman, (cites almost every popular male seiyuu in the industry). Please guys, give the lower level seiyuus a chance. I am getting tired of your voices all over again. ;u;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2017 7:41 AM

Apr 2016
It's pretty hard to find bad japanese voice acting. Sometimes they might try too hard...but I never heard anything thats outright bad. If anything it's the substitute va added when it is in the climax of the show.
Jul 9, 2017 8:19 AM

Mar 2016
I think it's Kaji Yuki and Hanae Natsuki..I don't hate them personally..I just hate their voice when they voiced as main character (Plus,their characters are annoying too) Also,Arai Satomi..I don't like how she sounds like a old lady..she don't even old yet.

Minty-lilac said:
For the gentleman, (cites almost every popular male seiyuu in the industry). Please guys, give the lower level seiyuus a chance. I am getting tired of your voices all over again. ;u;

Why do you put Miyano Mamoru in your favourites? he's a popular male seiyuu..I thought you will hate him too.

fujiwara_ayanoJul 9, 2017 8:24 AM
Forum set made by Sereshay

Jul 9, 2017 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
I really didn't mind her overall voice but who ever was the bitch that voiced Hanasaka Warabi's laugh from Busou Shoujo should have her vocal cords ripped out.
JK

But seriously though that laugh was excruciating to listen to...

I just remembered she also voices Tamaki Ako from Netoge no Yome so all is gud cuz Ako.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Jul 9, 2017 12:07 PM

Apr 2015

When you have been exposed to fucking awful dubs your whole life you won't feel pain anymore.
Jul 9, 2017 12:11 PM

Apr 2014
The voice of King Kai in the Japanese dub of DBS sucks so bad.
Jul 10, 2017 5:47 AM

Apr 2017
fujiwara_ayano said:
I think it's Kaji Yuki and Hanae Natsuki..I don't hate them personally..I just hate their voice when they voiced as main character (Plus,their characters are annoying too) Also,Arai Satomi..I don't like how she sounds like a old lady..she don't even old yet.

Minty-lilac said:

Why do you put Miyano Mamoru in your favourites? he's a popular male seiyuu..I thought you will hate him too.

Mamoru Miyano holds a special place in my heart. :)
It's not that I hate the popular ones, I just disliked how the industry isn't giving any chances to other /underrated/ voice actors who are also fitting for the roles.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2017 6:34 AM

Nov 2014
You never heard bad voice acting if you haven't watched Tenkuu Danzai Skelter+Heaven.
Jul 10, 2017 9:25 AM

Jun 2016
shadowsirenv said:
Monica Rial. She was great as Misuzu in Air and hysterical as Lara in School Rumble, but otherwise, her voice makes my ears bleed. Her Renge in Ouran had me cringing nonstop.

I have a love-hate relatioship with Yui Horie. There are times where I like her voice, and there are times where I can't stand it.

I agree with you on Monica. I liked her as Tanya in Youjo Senki and Stocking Anarchy, but nowadays I always avoid dubs that have her as the main character.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Nov 24, 2021 11:14 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Aw sweet, People hating on Kugimiya Rie because she voiced some characters they didn’t like! /s

You guys need to realize that a VA isn’t bad because you associate them with a character you don’t like. She’s not even my favourite VA, but these idiots don’t realize that not every character she voiced is a tsundere.

Go check her roles on her MAL page. All tsunderes, am I right? /s

OT:
JP: The voice acting in FLCL was one of the few anime where I thought it was subpar. I ended up switching to the dub.
EN: I almost never watch dubs.
Sep 9, 2022 9:50 PM
Oct 2021
Aya Hirano (Why she voiced so many annoying girls, except for Konata tho)
Daisuke Namikawa (He literally voice my hated characters, Oikawa & Hisoka)
Not hate the seiyuu but Nakamura's role as Gray is ear grating, everytime i hear Gray's voice, I get a migraine
Sorry, but Goku & Vegeta voices are really cringy except when Goku is a kid where its still acceptable
Gakuto Kajiwara as Asta, OH MY GOD!!!!! My ears bleed from hearing Asta's voice but he did good as Chadano from Komi
The Toei Yugioh Kaiba & Mokuba voice is really shit
Yuki Kaji as Alibaba
Pecorine seiyuu
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Apr 16

149 by Ari4 »»
25 seconds ago

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 2 hours ago

7 by Lucifrost »»
15 minutes ago

» Anilist is better ( 1 2 3 4 )

SleepySimoon - Oct 28, 2021

177 by Ari4 »»
16 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 4 hours ago

19 by Lucifrost »»
20 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by BlueBullet178 »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.