Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saved by Medusa!?! Well, that was something. The fight between Kagari and that other witch is okay I guess.

Poor Takamiya though. I think he's having a battle internally within his dream. Ouch. Quite the wreckage they created from that fight. That looked like a cliffhanger at the end but I smell trouble.
Mar 16, 2014 12:54 PM

May 2013
The Animation for this episode was AMAZING! Those action scenes *_*

At first I had a second thought on what Kagari-san did to Takamiya XD

Noooo next week last episode ;_____;
Mar 16, 2014 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Kasumi was saved by Medusa.

Poor Takamiya. Kagari vs other witches were alright.
Mar 16, 2014 9:50 PM

May 2013
The fight with Kagari and Weekend was alright. So she got some of Takamiya's power by switching shirts. One more episode to go.
Mar 16, 2014 10:35 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Mikage-sensei enlightens Takamiya in his subconscious about what's going on.

Kasumi fights her doppelgänger. Saves Kazari and is saved by Medusa!
She takes her underlings away in hiding. XD

Chronoire is taking down the tower witches? Awesome, I guess.. :)

Weekend vs. Kagari begins. What an awesome battle!
Elsewhere, Mikage and Takamiya are under attack.

What did Kagari do to Takamiya? XD
Damn.. Weekend goes for round 2..

Takamiya wakes up. Atori gets a phone call from Mikage. They are on their way to Kagari.
Weekend reveals the secret behind her victory.. What a coward!

Takamiya reaches Kagari. Her fiery form is the best!
Weekend is about to blow everything up.. :O

Last episode:

Mar 16, 2014 11:02 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder why his mom was being bullied?

Medusa's new outfit is so much nicer.

Alright episode to bad the next one is the last episode :(
Mar 16, 2014 11:13 PM
Feb 2013
Man I do enjoy that soundtrack when its being all dramatic. I do like Weekend's character, she planed for over a year for this, studied her targets, and took out obstacles one at a time. Her faults of course are her underestimating Kagari a bit, as well as the fact that even the best laid plans can fall apart from sheer luck or happenstance. (Though really I've been a fan of the mad-bomber characters ever since I read Mirai Nikki, but that's besides the point). We should be well and clear to end the anime at the end of the arc nicely.
Mar 16, 2014 11:17 PM
Nov 2013
Did anyone think the bear fight was as hilarious as I thought it was? I could not contain my laughter. And god damn that animation was top notch. Medusa needs more screen time mainly because she's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro.

I can't believe this is the last episode :( Second favorite show of the season, this better get a second season.
Mar 17, 2014 12:30 AM
Apr 2013
Hideaki Anno left a horrible legacy behind in Shinji and that trope of weakling MC with immense power is so tired its breathing is ragged.

Honoka has spent this entire show in Kagari's arms or unconscious.

Too much meh going on despite all the explosions and predictable fights (Kagari wins).

Mar 17, 2014 12:33 AM
Mar 2012
Kagari is such a basass
Mar 17, 2014 1:33 AM

Jul 2013
Curiosity over why Honoka's mum was bullied so much..
Medusa saving Kasumi..nice
Animation was nice in this episode.
Eh.. so she got some his power by switching shirts huh..
Not a bad fight of Kagari Vs Weekend.
Final episode next..
Mar 17, 2014 2:41 AM

Nov 2012
Nice episode, Kagari is awesome as usual.
Mar 17, 2014 5:14 AM

Aug 2013
I liked the bear fight more than Kagari vs Weekend tbh haha.

"My weapon is by the entryway umbrella stand." lmao well that was very courteous of you, Atori.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 17, 2014 6:34 AM

Jul 2012
So Ayaka is related to the White Princess after all, interesting.

The next episode is the last episode. I wonder if anyone important will die next episode.

Great episode!!!
Mar 17, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was a bit to action packed for me but it wasn't bad.
Now i know what Takiyama is so passive judging at his mother's behaviour another one that doesn't do anything about her situation.
Kazane helped her out tho but that doesn't change the situation.
Mar 17, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
Loving this arc a lot so far. Nicely done.

The random dream part was nice. Good flashbacks there.
Poor Honoka's mom being bullied like that :(
How Ayaka asked her mom to become the most prominent figure in his school so she can be in the same class as him XD Now that's desperate hehehe.

I wanted to hear more about what Mikage had to say about Honoka's past but I guess not yet >.<

Lol'd at the Kuma fight XD And Medusa in human form looks HOT!

Ayaka's power up technique was lol changing shirts with Honoka XD No wonder her boobs looked really tight XD

And Honoka about to be getting a treatment with his ass as the victim but got saved at the last instant XD

Weekend vs Ayaka was great. Nice plans from both sides and great save from Honoka. Loved the heel kick Ayaka gave Weekend at the end after regaining her powers. Kick ass :D

But damn! Bombs are triggered.

Can't wait for nxt ^^
Mar 17, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
I want to see medusa's eyes but this will do and according to her the 5 stooges could beat the doppelganger easily, guess they're just lazy.

That bear fight should have been longer, kazumi's fight's are always good.
Atori's puppet is alive and that leek, takamiya almost lost his virginity ;D
Kagari being Kagari.
Chronoir and the alligator torturing the tower witches but they're no where near as good as kazane is.
Mar 17, 2014 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
That witch is like bin laden in woman form.
KraugerysMar 17, 2014 11:17 AM
Mar 17, 2014 11:34 AM
Oct 2010
What did Kagari do that required to take off her's and Takamiya's clothes off? >_>

Well, it couldn't be something drastic, or she would have gone SSJ or something. XD

On another note, Chronoire has too much fun torturing witches. She probably already forgot what she was after in the first place. XD
AjunkyMar 17, 2014 11:39 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 17, 2014 11:48 AM

Nov 2010
Ayaka turned into White Princess?
Mar 17, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2012
Great episode. Kagari is so bad ass. I love when she goes white princess mode. Poor Ms. Takamiya getting bullied like that. Now I see why she fell in love with Kazane. Both fight were pretty good. I can't wait to see how all of this will end.
Mar 17, 2014 6:26 PM

Mar 2013
Poor my Takamiya-kun.
That, at the end, was Kagari turning into a White Princess?
Quite interesting episode.
Mar 17, 2014 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, haha, I thought they had sex, but she borrowed her shirt. That made me cracked up xD

I really wanna know what's Kagari link with Takamiya.

Takamiya really is the son of his mom, her getting bullied too x)

Weekend is so clever, having the control on the town so easily and strategically placing bombs in the city. Reminded me of the last batman movie :P

It had such a surreal feeling, Kagari flying on her broom over an apocalyptic city :3

Now, shit will get serious, but one episode left is not enough!!! D:
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 17, 2014 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
action was pretty good reminded me of the first episode
Mar 17, 2014 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
Take off all his clothes right now, and stick a leek up his ass! WTF LOL XD. Good episode this week 8/10, got one more to go and its over :( , I don't want it to end, Kagari is so badass. And dat leg drop at the end.
Mar 17, 2014 7:50 PM
Oct 2012
Ajunky said:
On another note, Chronoire has too much fun torturing witches. She probably already forgot what she was after in the first place. XD

Ah, no. This is one of the better concepts the writer has come up with. The Tower witches are pretty much in it for themselves, they are not an organization by any stretch, so Chronoire has no interest in watching Weekend walk off with the prize, she would rather have the Workshop Witches win (and Takamiya survive) than Weekend getting what she wants; Medusa is the same way. Both realized that Weekend played them, and neither are interested in being objects.

Rinji- said:
Ayaka turned into White Princess?

Before I had thought that Kagari was the Fire Princess, but now I am not sure sure. Kagari had her memory wiped and she can draw on the White Princess' power, so there is an excellent chance of some sort of relationship. This though will not be resolved for quite a while I think.
Mar 17, 2014 9:24 PM

Mar 2014
xchee
I liked the bear fight more than Kagari vs Weekend tbh haha.

Barion-Zara
Lol'd at the Kuma fight XD And Medusa in human form looks HOT!

I also laughed at their fighting.
That would be a tribute to "Don Frye vs Takayama" the legendary battle in a sense surely. It is interesting if you look it at Youtube or something.
Mar 18, 2014 12:49 AM

Jun 2011
Oh my... what the hell is happening in that episode! Medusa saving Kasumi? 0_o
Not to mention the bear fight was too short. I wanted moooore!
Mar 18, 2014 4:10 AM
Feb 2009
really enjoyed the animations of the fighting scenes of this episode
Mar 18, 2014 5:15 AM

Jul 2013
bear fight was.... dayuuuuum

the animation was just..perfect..I can say it's more or less(maybe less but just a bit) on par with SnK
Mar 18, 2014 11:01 AM
Feb 2013
Geez with one ep left, will they still be able to include evermillion and Kagari getting stabbed?
Mar 18, 2014 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
Such a weird Anime.
Mar 18, 2014 10:40 PM

Dec 2013
Can we get a spin-off with the 5 tower witches being the main characters? I'd watch it for sure, haha.
Mar 19, 2014 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
I like Medusa's human form better imo.

Also did Takamiya get raped this episode?
My Candies:
Mar 19, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2013
The tower five never catch a break do they? A rather uneventful episode this week. Hopefully the memory loss thing and Ayaka having the white princess blood will get explained next week. Cool action scenes though
Mar 19, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2013
Some of the animation in this episode was so good... The five tower witches have such a tough lot xD When she fell down the crack in the ground though, I was laughing so much. :D
Mar 19, 2014 1:15 PM

Sep 2013
Im gonna fucking cry the girliest tears a man can attempt when this season is over. I just love everything about it!!!
Mar 19, 2014 2:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The guys who did this anime could teach a thing or two to most studios about animating a fight. Those 2 giant teddy beards were beating the crap out of each other most convincingly.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 19, 2014 11:56 PM

Apr 2012
Damn that file size. Some very nice animation.

Mar 20, 2014 12:28 AM

Dec 2013
As much hell as I've been giving this show for the last several weeks, I have to say that this episode was good. Not great, but good. Better than the last several episodes.

It contained a lot of the things that made the beginning of the series so good, and didn't rush and wasn't packed full of random BS. It kept a steady, normal pace.

The bear fight was good, but too short. The Kagari vs Weekend battle could have been better, it seemed to Aizen-ish. No matter what Kagari did Weekend took it, talked a little about her planning skills, and blew something up. I find these kinds of fights too bore-ish. Especially when you know that even when Kagari goes White Princess/God-Mode she's still gonna lose somehow. It just doesn't make sense for a character who's obviously and admittedly weaker, and uses simple non-magical tricks, to win against the White Princess.

The flashbacks still leave a lot to be desired, they never show anything important, just more and more irrelevant hints at what's to come. So, the flashbacks weren't really needed here. That time could have been spent on one of the two fights, preferably I'd of had it used to improve the quality of the Weekend fight.

All in all, however, as I said already, this was the best episode in several weeks. So, I'll give this one a 7/10.

I'm still not convinced everything can be wrapped up in the last episode without rushing and packing too much into it, but we'll see what happens.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Mar 20, 2014 4:23 AM

Mar 2013
Sooo many questions still left unanswered. They hinted at alot of things tho.

How does Kagari have the White Princesses blood in her?

What distant memories do Kagari and Takamiya have, and why were they erased?!?!

What is Chronoire really doing in the town?
Mar 20, 2014 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Some pieces of the puzzle fall into place, but I was not satisfied because there is still too much to tell, I hope you do not hurry history.
Narrative in which only the blows resound, not bad but a little bit of comedy in it did not hurt more.
I would also like more participation from aprte other character, really! ^ _ ^
Drawings and animations very good when compared with those seen previously by JC Staff.
Mar 20, 2014 11:06 AM

Oct 2009
Woah the animation in this was awesome! Guess they were saving the budget for this, not that the previous eps were bad but this was pretty impressive. That fight was badass! So Ayaka got some of Honoka's mana by wearing his shirt? o.o
Mar 20, 2014 11:10 AM

Feb 2014
Full body Medusa looks very nice ^^

Pretty glad that I decided to watch this. At first the anime didn't really call me, but I gave it a try anyway. Enjoying pretty much all the episodes that have come out. Interested in seeing how it's going to end.
Mar 20, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty intense episode :)
Mar 20, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
As I much as I thought that the first half was pretty bad, I'm starting to really enjoy that show now.
Mar 21, 2014 12:17 AM
Mar 2013
It really annoys me when they cut it like that >.>

What did Kagiri do to Takamiya!?

I know the answer might as well be the "that", the most common one most people would think of but since they made it into one of those scenes I call "we leave it to your imgination", it makes me more curious what really was it and for what reason she did it.
Mar 21, 2014 12:55 AM

Dec 2012
so his mom is being bullied and Kagari-san save her, as BA as usual...

some questions were answered, but there is still a fair amount of things needed to be answered...

i wonder how they'll end this...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 21, 2014 4:22 AM

Nov 2013
I really like the nyan girl's voice for some reason XD

JCStaff has outdone themselves on this show, the animation is nonstop quality and is always breathtaking... I guess Kagari-san and Takamiya-kun got it on? What really happened there, hmmm...

Teddy bear fight was badass! Next week we get all the answers and then time to continue the manga.
Mar 21, 2014 6:00 AM

Jun 2013
Decide said:
I really like the nyan girl's voice for some reason XD

JCStaff has outdone themselves on this show, the animation is nonstop quality and is always breathtaking... I guess Kagari-san and Takamiya-kun got it on? What really happened there, hmmm...

Teddy bear fight was badass! Next week we get all the answers and then time to continue the manga.

Nothing happened. Its shown in the manga, she just took his shirt and gave him hers, this way she has a part of him with her.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.