Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, this episode got tense.

Torao's pretty funny. Oh god, her explanation of rich. Probably best episode so far imo and seriously sensei just always drives her students nuts. Those outfits though. I guess that's one way to attract some customers.
Mar 14, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2007
Principle wanting a real eggplant. He got energy from megane guy's eggplant, which is a seed of First Filial Generation... His father discriminates the school. Natural vs. Chemical. Fanservices (not only girls, but guys!) during the duel. They lost, though. Improved technology to grow faster, safer (so he does think about his mother), and still more delicious. He led his own son to decide, though, and he decided to go oversea with big breast girl like the principle suggested.

Inoue-san's character's ED. Kimi to New Day (君と*にゅう*DAY♡).
tsubasaloverMar 14, 2014 9:53 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 14, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
Bye Kei and Miss Boobie. You'll be missed. :'(
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Mar 14, 2014 11:57 AM

May 2013
Too bad Kei lost against his dad and now he is leaving. Gonna miss him.Natsumi being her crazy self again lol.
Mar 14, 2014 12:51 PM

May 2012
Wtf they just shipped away 2 characters so suddenly in just 1 episode!?!? >.<
Mar 14, 2014 12:51 PM
Feb 2013
I guess for the last 2 eps, is gonna be Hata X Minori X Ringo.
Mar 14, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2011
Was hoping Kei to win. Goodbye Kei and Miss Boobs T__T

So are we getting character songs for the rest of the series???
Mar 14, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2013
Guess were not gonna see anymore Kei and Kochou any more :(. But that episode was still really funny. Becky is still pretty damn scary :D
Mar 14, 2014 2:42 PM

Sep 2012
Well, one shipping literally done.
Time for the other.
Mar 14, 2014 3:02 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kei receives a mysterious phone call; he seems to know the person..

Principle wants 'eggplants'. Kei takes charge of the situation.
Becky's eggplants were good though, Principle is encharged with Kei's eggplant!

Kei explains the secret behind those eggplants. His father arrives right after..
A showdown of vegetables between father and son; whoever sells the most crops, wins.

A bit of Kei's past. They all team up for the showdown.
Kanegami appears and helps them out. :) Such a merchandise genius!

Those fanservice though.. XD

Kei's team loses in the end.. Improved technologies and experience wins.
Dad lets his son decide his future.. Kei goes overseas with Yoshida.

Mar 14, 2014 3:21 PM

Jul 2013
I can't help but laugh on some drama parts between Kei's dad and himself XD. The battle of vegetables began, with his father became victorious. But they make Kei and Yoshida leave at the end.... :( Well just temporary I think.

Becky sensei as always being crazy as ever XD.
omega_d94Mar 14, 2014 3:25 PM

Mar 14, 2014 3:36 PM

Nov 2010
They won't be back for the rest of the series anymore?
Mar 14, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2010
Kinaro said:
Wtf they just shipped away 2 characters so suddenly in just 1 episode!?!? >.<

Probably so the final 2 episodes will focus on the love triangle of Minori x Ringo x Kosaku.
Mar 14, 2014 4:08 PM

May 2009
Watching happy Kochou was delightful.
Mar 14, 2014 4:18 PM

Jan 2014
Well, boobs loks like she'll get her man. Now how will the love triangle play out?
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 14, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was pretty good, but can't believe Kei has to leave already, he was probably my favourite character.
Mar 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
Too bad that Kei lost to his father.
Mar 14, 2014 6:19 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was good.
Um, went to some extremes there to help sell their food.
Kanegami the genius.
Unfortunate that Kei lost to his father though
(was sad to hear about what happened to his mum)
One ship is donee. Cya Kei and Miss boobs.
Guess there'll be more focus on the love triangle on the final two episodes.
Mar 14, 2014 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
NOL48...HAHAHA!!!! I smell a AKB48 idol reference

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 14, 2014 7:12 PM

Aug 2013
"Ganbatte, Oppai-san" haha.

Welp...there goes the Kei x Kochou ship/plane.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 14, 2014 9:12 PM
Feb 2009
wtf they suddenly just left together to travel the world o.o guess yoshida got what she wanted
Mar 14, 2014 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
I was dying when they threw the teacher in the safe. She's literally the best part of this show. And the friggin' kids with the ice cream. XD
Mar 14, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2013
A more serious episode this time. This episode in particular is really giving me the Sakurasou vibes; Kei's loss in the farming competition against his father's company reminds me of one of Sakurasou's central themes that was expressed by showing that no matter how hard Sorata works, he still can't compete with others like Mashiro.
Mar 14, 2014 11:14 PM

Mar 2013
Love this anime always so charming,funny and cute :)
Mar 15, 2014 1:00 AM
Mar 2012
Well, I guess we won't be seeing them next episode.
Mar 15, 2014 1:58 AM
Mar 2014
Kei father seiyuu is Koyama Rikiya ^_^ . pne of my fav seiyu!!
Mar 15, 2014 2:48 AM

Mar 2014
Hope there is time skip next episode and kei comes back
Kanegami, Kei and the sensei best characters
and lol was that gintoki's seiyuu voicing the head
Mar 15, 2014 7:06 AM

Apr 2009
KuroFire said:
Hope there is time skip next episode and kei comes back
Kanegami, Kei and the sensei best characters
and lol was that gintoki's seiyuu voicing the head
indeed.. the cast says Tomokazu Sugita..
Mar 15, 2014 7:27 AM

Oct 2013
Another good episode.

I must say I didn't expect that. Props to the series for having to balls to have Kei loose and not just stop there,but have him & boobies leave the school too.Becky being entertaining as usual too :P Also,more Koyama Rikiya is always a good thing,ALWAYS!

Mar 15, 2014 7:33 AM

Jul 2012
Kei fought his hardest against his father. I hope Kei takes his father's words to heart and bets him one day.

Great episode!!!
Mar 15, 2014 10:45 AM
Jan 2011
So it's now a threesome with Hata, Ringo and Minori.
Mar 15, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Nice episode with tons more farming knowledge.

The Principal's reaction reminds me of Yakitate Japan and their ridiculous reaction after eating breads XD

PS: This show just loves parodying AKB48 doesn't it? the producer must have been a closet AKB otaku.
Mar 15, 2014 5:18 PM

Sep 2013
I can see boob monster and glasses as a couple! a lot of things can happen during a trip ;)

and it made laugh when the perverted teacher said "yes! I'm single!" to Kei's dad! haha!

Mar 15, 2014 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
Hilarious marketing techniques!

Hope Kei and Oppai-san come back in last episode or if there's second season.

Why is this show rated so low is it because people were expecting more romance after episode 1? I think the humour and characters more than makes up for that tho.
Mar 15, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
Kei's dad: "Let's have a sales showdown"
Me: "Money Kanegami will sell dat sheeeet!"
*Money Kanegami shows up*
Mar 16, 2014 4:35 AM

Jan 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:
PS: This show just loves parodying AKB48 doesn't it? the producer must have been a closet AKB otaku.

Just realised that as well.

Lesson One: Never have a sales showdown when Money Kanegami is your opponent.
That Nestletix was definitely a winner.

Nice to see Kei and Yoshida having their time to shine.
Yoshida looks all set for her honeymoon.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Mar 16, 2014 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
I think it was so good that Kei was defeated. Many people senselessly regard agricultural chemicals as somethig evil and consider blindly that the organic chemical-free vegetables are something holy. But it is a very complex problem, including safety, agricultural technology, distribution, consumption, politics, trade, not the problem of good and evil dualism. Therefore it was good that this episode did not reach the easy conclusion.
(I'm saying only for Japan. I don't know whether this is being treated as a problem in the foreign country.)

And in the last scene, that was just Chubu Centrair International Airport. It is on an artificial island in the sea. Yes, Minori reached the sea for the first time in her life at last.
Mar 16, 2014 4:26 PM

Sep 2013
dmrch said:
I think it was so good that Kei was defeated. Many people senselessly regard agricultural chemicals as somethig evil and consider blindly that the organic chemical-free vegetables are something holy. But it is a very complex problem, including safety, agricultural technology, distribution, consumption, politics, trade, not the problem of good and evil dualism. Therefore it was good that this episode did not reach the easy conclusion.
(I'm saying only for Japan. I don't know whether this is being treated as a problem in the foreign country.)

Yeah, I found it interesting that they showed both sides with good arguments instead of portraying technology as the bad guy. Its not black or white.

Was surprised at Kei leaving, but its nice. I wonder if we'll see any of them in the final chapters.
Mar 16, 2014 4:27 PM
Sep 2012
Kiritsugu gave a whooping~

I love all the Seiyuu in this anime~
Mar 16, 2014 6:07 PM

Jan 2014
Yoshida is so cute when she gets flustered ^__^. This show kind of got serious for the first time ever, was very shocked how they did this episode, but in a good way!!! 7/10 .
Mar 16, 2014 7:53 PM

Nov 2012
Next episode, hoping for some character development between Kosaku and Ringo, possibly with Minori too.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 17, 2014 4:41 AM

Nov 2013
Huh...I thought it was gonna go back to the status quo and Kei was gonna stay. I wanna read the LN even more now that I was thrown for a loop just to see what happens.

I hope this anime ends without the predictable ending that plagues romance anime.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Mar 17, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2010
The principal made a nice impersonation of "Mr. Ajikko", I guess "Mashin Wateru" or "City Hunter" could be expected soon with all those previous reference

It was great this time centered around Kei aside from his mankini and goatmount he's probably the most interesting character of Nourin

Would probably miss him a lot going into the final 2 episodes, but it was sweet to know Yoshida is going abroad with him
Mar 17, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 2007
xchee said:
"Ganbatte, Oppai-san" haha.

Welp...there goes the Kei x Kochou ship/plane.

This.

Kei and boobs were the best characters in the show

Mar 18, 2014 3:28 AM

Oct 2012
and thats how you sell vegetables.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Mar 18, 2014 1:17 PM

Mar 2012
Jocko said:
dmrch said:

Yeah, I found it interesting that they showed both sides with good arguments instead of portraying technology as the bad guy. Its not black or white.
Yeah, I also liked the nuanced and balanced exposition of the issue. Kinda reminded me of the episode of Silver Spoon where they showed Tamako's family's giant corporate farm. Didn't think that this show would have good things in common with Silver Spoon, but there you go.

Also, that scene with the manservice had Kousaku saying "Uho! ii tomato!" LOL A Kuso Miso Technique reference wasn't the last thing I was expecting from this show, but I gotta admit it did catch me off guard.
Mar 19, 2014 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
did they just eliminate Kei and Miss Boobs?!

guess they are aiming for the 'love triangle' story for the last 2 episodes...

or maybe they are just trolling us, knowing as a lot of their scenes doesn't really make any sense...lol

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 21, 2014 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
vonPeterhof said:
Jocko said:
dmrch said:

Yeah, I also liked the nuanced and balanced exposition of the issue. Kinda reminded me of the episode of Silver Spoon where they showed Tamako's family's giant corporate farm. Didn't think that this show would have good things in common with Silver Spoon, but there you go.

I actually found the scene in Silver Spoon kind of preachy. If I remember correctly, it basically says, "why the hell would you care about organic or pesticide-free farming?" and I didn't really see the show as ever presenting anything in the way of counterargument. Of course, Silver Spoon focuses pretty intently on other issues, so the author may just not have wanted to spend much time on it.

Other than that, I agree with what's been said above about the issue. If Kei had won this would have probably ranked as one of the top ten preachiest things I've seen in anime/movies/literature. As it is, he lost, but the prospect of him beating his father remains open and he remains committed to his goal. This show has always seemed to have a bit of an 'organic is good' bent, but it's nice to see that it understands there's more to the issue than "nature = good, science = bad."

It's far from a detailed handling of the issue and they've completely left out issues like agricultural runoff and the exponential growth of the human population (unless I'm forgetting something), but it adds depth to a show that otherwise is just a pervy romantic comedy.

It's kind of too bad Kei and Yoshida are gone. Kei has much more depth to his character than Yoshida does, and I wish the show had developed her more before seemingly resolving their 'relationship arc.' Maybe we'll get some scenes of them abroad to fill that in, though.
opondicaMar 21, 2014 12:38 PM
Mar 21, 2014 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. Interesting message.
It's surprisingly serious.
Mar 21, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
I don't mind the change of tone. Look at a normal everyday life, there's gonna be silly times and serious times, right?

I hope this ends with Kosaku x Ringo.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nourin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2014

67 by Lolicon »»
Feb 8, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2014

167 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2014

67 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Aug 23, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2014

134 by saipulipoel »»
Aug 17, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2014

173 by saipulipoel »»
Aug 17, 2023 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.