Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 11, 2014 4:52 AM

Jul 2013
I was thinking J.C STAFF should make an anime adaptation or some sort of OVA the episodes will only focus Touma and Misaka only without annoying index.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2009
I was thinking they should make OVA's with all possible pairing in Raildex with all canon and fanmade pairs, including New Testament characters.

Not possible since 1)they dont waste time together except for that "punishment" after the Festival,which was in the INDEX series and 2)he isnt attracted to her.And why should Misaka be the only one to get that treatment?
Mar 17, 2014 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
^Oh please. Misaka got her own spinoff that was successful. She is a way more popular and beloved character than Touma. She is too good for him.

lol people acting as if Touma is a good catch. He's just a stereotypical harem lead gary-stu who is plain looking and has no appealing personality what-so-ever. 'Waaaah fukodaaaaa'. There is no good reason everyone is attracted to him other than for the sake of male audience wish fulfillment.

I wish he could stay out of Railgun forever since the perks of Railgun is that he's not the main character. I hope the Touma x Misaka pairing never happens. Misaka deserves better.
Mar 17, 2014 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
bloodswordzkill said:
^Oh please. Misaka got her own spinoff that was successful. She is a way more popular and beloved character than Touma. She is too good for him.

lol people acting as if Touma is a good catch. He's just a stereotypical harem lead gary-stu who is plain looking and has no appealing personality what-so-ever. 'Waaaah fukodaaaaa'. There is no good reason everyone is attracted to him other than for the sake of male audience wish fulfillment.

I wish he could stay out of Railgun forever since the perks of Railgun is that he's not the main character. I hope the Touma x Misaka pairing never happens. Misaka deserves better.
spoken like someone who's never read the novels.
10/10
an egomaniac and a fool

Mar 17, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2009
bloodswordzkill said:

Misaka is a mary sue just like Touma is a gary sue.
Oh wait both have huge flaws and pretty good personalities.That was pretty much shown in Railgun S alone.
Do you even know what the fuck you are talking about?Have you even watched Railgun and Index?

If Touma doesnt have an appealing personality then that means Misaka is just a dumb bitch you know.

Now please explain why Touma is so bad and why Misaka is so good.
I am gonna enjoy ripping apart what you say.

Emnay said:
spoken like someone who's never read the novels.
10/10
It's not hard to see their similar qualities and flaws even in the anime.

As for popularity:

Railgun purists make me sick.
ssjokgMar 17, 2014 2:56 PM
Mar 19, 2014 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
bloodswordzkill said:

Oh God, Railgun purists detected. Your little Misaka-chan should be dead now if Touma didn't help her. And for popularity contest, please don't tell me you only used the data on MAL.
Mar 23, 2014 12:47 PM
Feb 2014
Am i the only one here Rooting for [ Touma x Misaka ]

what's with all the Hate, i think they are the Best Couple in this series , does anything else happen between them in the Novel ?? , cause i haven't read it yet !!
Mar 23, 2014 4:49 PM

Aug 2009
Eshta93 said:
Am i the only one here Rooting for [ Touma x Misaka ]

what's with all the Hate, i think they are the Best Couple in this series , does anything else happen between them in the Novel ?? , cause i haven't read it yet !!
No nothing happens.

And ToumaxOthinus,ToumaxMisaki are easily better couples.
Jan 14, 2015 3:49 PM
May 2014
The message up, nope. Touma x Misaka for life.

Thought I have to agree that Touma x Misaki is very enjoyable to watch but the first one is not, I don't like Othinus all that much and tbh, the couple with the biggest concentration was Touma x Misaka. I'll only be sastiied with an ending that has one of the harem members from the first season tbh. Last minute win is an asspull.

Also, Othinus only received the titular one arc focus and until she gets another arc or book that is focused on her and Touma than nope, I won't accept her. I'll rather want some Touma x Index than Touma x Othinus.

My second favorite ship of Touma's harem is Touma x Itsuwu followed by Touma x Misaki.

But I just want some concrete growth between the relationship. Misaka got it

Sisters Arc (Becoming Friends)
Three Stories Arc (The Fake Date and The Promise)
Tree Diagram Remnant (The Promise Fulfilled For The First Time)
Daiheisei Festival Arc (Their Interection Was CUTE)
Academy City Invasion Arc (The bet)
Document Of Constantine Arc (Knowing Touma's Memory Lost)
Acqua Of The Back Arc (Falling In Love)
World War 3 Arc (Displaying How Much Her Love Is Worth And Their Interaction)

Only in OT

At least Misaki didn't share her moments with Touma in her arc, there were some Misaka x Touma moments, some Touma x Imouto and even slightly some Touma x Index moments.
Jan 21, 2015 5:20 AM

Aug 2009
Misaka had ONE book focusing on her and Touma two as well

Sisters Arc(He didnt do it only for her)
Tree Diagram Remnant (It was a Sister that asked him for help)
Daiheisei Festival Arc (So?He had that with pretty much any other female that likes him)
Academy City Invasion Arc (are we going to count every time they even talk to each other?)
Document Of Constantine Arc (And?Misaki,Index and Othinus do as well later.Misaki's story is based on that and Index learning about it actually serves as char growth for him )
Acqua Of The Back Arc (Index did that before her,Misaki did it before her,Itsuwa did it before her ....)
World War 3 Arc (Freaking Othinus NT-9-10,NT11 Misaki)

Sorry but the relationship with Othinus and Misaki are far stronger than with Misaka.She was around for far more than those two and yet NT9-NT11 made her interactions with him and her feelings seem like specks of dust compared to these two.
Jan 24, 2015 6:47 PM
May 2014
Sisters Arc (Well, it was a start of course)

Tree Diagram Remnant (Because he didn't know about what was happening but part of the reason was because of the promise)

Daiheisei Festival Arc (True but still, let a guy dream)

Academy City Invasion (No, but the bet was praticly a date and it was awesome, the picture and everything)

Document Of Constantine ( Well, it was still part of their growth as a couple that I hope becomes real but probably not and also, because I am desperate(Sort of) I'll say. She knew it first!)

Acqua Of The Back(Index did but there was nothing after ,its like she never did it. She just confessed and never did she return to that, while Mikoto did so much that I didn't mention in Ot and NT too)

World War 3 (Please, every female got a arc with Touma. It means nothing, having more than one arc with the person or moments as you can see in the illustration in NT, Misaka got more images with Touma than any other female) (Misaki x Touma is awesome but I don't like Othinus x Touma at all) (Itsuwa x Touma is cute too but but but I just love Kamikoto too much)

But I will not accept a random new character getting Touma. I'll rather any other old character despite me loving Touma x Misaki. But on second thought, I am just saying that because I don't like Touma x Othinus)

Just a quick question: Is Kamachi the one writing the plot of Railgun?

Also, Othinus shared her moments in N-10. Not only did Mikoto get her moment with Touma but other females too. I was wishing that Itsuwa was going to be there for hers too but nope, she is completely forgotten by Kamashi.

We just have to wait and see I guess. It won't be us debatting that will change the future of the relationship but the story itself and beside the second reason I don't want Misaki to be with Touma is because Misaki x Gunha(Random ass ship that I like for some reason), while for Mikoto, I got no one *sad look* and another reason will be pointed out afterwards

TBH, I like slow developpment much more than random ass fast development which is also another reason why I like their couple. I see your point of you but new characters getting the guy isn't sastifying enough for me, I'll rather have Index with him than Misaki and that says a lot for someone who wants Index to be with Stiyl since he deserve the nun and someone who likes Misaki x Touma moments freaking much.
Jan 24, 2015 9:21 PM

Aug 2009
Tree Diagram Remnant (He didnt even know what was going on.Saying that it was because of the promise means that the Sisters didnt matter much)

Academy City Invasion (Running in battlefields to save Index and Othi-tan is far better.His smile when he carries Othinus is way better than the awkward moments of the date.)

Document Of Constantine (It is a start only for Misaka.Touma got nothing from it.Misaki always knew.)

Acqua Of The Back(What exactly did Misaka do that was different from before?Also Index's relationship with Touma is like brother and sister(no pun intended) ,I just use her as an argument.And unlike Misaka,Index is left alone back home most of the time because Touma or others dont want to get her involved.If he could do that with Misaka(and he tried)he would do it.)

World War 3 (Images?This is so superficial....Touma spent more time with Othinus than he did with ANy other character in the series.There.The fateful meeting was with Index.There.)

But I we arent talking about who we prefer.You said that the story supports ToumaxMisaka more.I say that isnt true since other females get equal or more "development" with him.

Yes Kamachi writes the story.Same for the Accelerator manga.

Unlike the other Itsuwa cant just fly there.

Index isnt even a romance story.Only ShiagexTakitsubo came true and that ONLY because of the development and because Shiage isnt the #1 MC of Index.
Everytime Touma gets close to develop a relationship with one of the important females Kamachi hits the brakes.
I doubt Index will end with Touma making a relationship.
Feb 15, 2015 7:17 AM
Jan 2012
The Raildex world may have flaws; but it's a fairly enjoyable entertainment.

Touma Kamijo might seem to be a stereotypical harem guy, Index annoying as usual, and Mikoto tsundere as always, but I think these traits are a sort of patterned cliche to be enjoyed. I think that there are moments when characters shine, when the characters move a bit beyond their stereotypical selves.

Mikoto might move slightly closer with Touma in the end but what's the point in having her coupled firmly with Touma and having no more of that brushing and jealous and tsundere Ddddon't think as if I like you or anything attitude which keeps the Scientific side more fun ... Same with Index: the story would not make sense if Touma decides to have an ordinary boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with her, as it's his basically lightly romantic but usually brother-sister like relationship and the pledge of saving her no-matter-what is what motives the Magical side of Raildex world. I think it would be more enjoyable if the newly appearing girls don't go as far as Touma forgetting Index and Mikoto (and if those girls don't just disappear into oblivion).

What I would like to have in the future (if Raildex animation is continued) is JC Staff and the animation directors of Raildex putting more efforts in making the series nicely edited (perhaps with Kamachi providing the backbones of script) and having less of their hurried original stories (which seems a bit too much with less needed robots and crappy student group plot). JC Staff has improved with Raildex over the years, but they don't have similar solid or strong fan base supporting the sales like KyoAni or Shaft or PA Works, and they should consider the reasons why.
GohanwaOkazuFeb 15, 2015 7:21 AM
Apr 11, 2015 5:06 AM

Feb 2014
But my man Hamazura quickly beat Touma on getting a girlfriend, that pissed me off a bit. haha.

So i think Touma not getting any girl was die to his unlucky curse. XD
Aug 8, 2015 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
bloodswordzkill said:

I hope they kill Touma at some point. He is like the worst character ever, worse than Kirito (SAO) or Tatsuya (Mahouka) I fucking hate that chimp.
Jan 13, 2017 2:43 AM
Jan 2017
I cried after watching everything when (Misaka x Touma) never happened!!!

All I ever wanted was for those two to just kiss even if it was a cliche accident kiss where they bumped into each other!!!! I didn't care how cliche! Just wanting it to happen \(T-T)/
Apr 30, 2017 5:42 PM
Apr 2017
it might just me or dose anyone else looking at toaru and misaka remind anyone else of Toaru's parents. i think that's why i voted for them over other i can see his luck getting him into the accidental walk in's or walk intos and see the lighting arc off her hed like the dark arua around his moms when his dad saw staring at other girl. might just be me but thats my 2 cents.
Feb 2, 2019 8:59 PM
Jun 2016
well,misaka will lose for sure if Othinus and Misaki going all out without their disadvantaged situation. Also, Touma right now don't have any time to flirt anyone because he is very busy saving Academy city,The earth and universe countless times from OP magicians and esper
akmal123Feb 2, 2019 9:05 PM
Nov 20, 2019 10:12 PM
Nov 2019
I think JC-STAFF should do an anime or ova from Toaru Majutsu no Index (Doujinshi) manga books
Jul 17, 2020 3:58 PM
Dec 2018
I like Misaka, the fact she's not flashy and is believable makes her a great character. Touma is too dense. People who are nice to everyone are also no good for anyone. Touma would be best off with Misaka 10032. Her personality is the most balanced and she will learn to adapt. Otherwise, Fukiyose, who doesnt seem to even like him that much. And Kanazaki is a goddess and more even tempered than most of them.
Feb 10, 2022 8:55 AM

Nov 2019
I am late, but I don't ship Touma and Misaka. Even if author insists on giving these two the most screentime together, though I don't know if that's due to fan pressure.

You just need to understand what Touma really needs first, before forcing a romantic figure up his a$$ and calling him dense because he prioritised world ending events over some girls who didn't have the courage to confess.

This is a dude that once suffered from things like impostor complex, and now has PTSD; and is victim of persecution and daily misfortune. Even the so called comedic ecchi moments are mostly very disturbing events for him, which prevents him from relaxing when violent girls surround him. Look at his goddam calendar and you can tell he deserves a break.
Laplace_kunFeb 10, 2022 9:00 AM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.