Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2009 11:41 PM

Jul 2009
Hello! I'm new here and this is the first time ever for me creating a new thread. :] Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm a HUGE fan of Nagi- she's so adorable! And I was wondering if any of you thought that Nagi had an inkling of a chance of ending up with Hayate. I don't read the manga so I don't know if there is any development between them, but I really do like the pairing. What makes me mad is that Hayate only views her as a child and doesn't acknowledge her feelings.

Just so you know I'm not really a fan of Hinagiku, and I don't understand why she's so popular. *dodges Hina fan flames* Please don't rage lol. I actually dropped the second season because it was so boring without the references and over the top comedy. And I personally think there was too much Hina. I might go back for the Athena arc though.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 29, 2009 4:24 AM

May 2009
Personally, I like season 2 more. It's a different kind of comedy and the references are still there, but some are more subtle than they were in season 1.

Anyway, the problem with Hayate and Nagi is that as much as I would love to see them end up together, Hayate would have to start seeing her as something else than his mistress and more like a potential girlfriend.

Right now, it appears to me that even though he is quite fond of her, he sees her more as a child (maybe even a little sister) that he has to take care of than anything else. She's trying hard, but all her efforts have so far been rather ineffective'. Heck,

Another problem is that we don't know exactly what type of girls Hayate likes. I suspect he has a love interest in Maria, but he is either too stupid to understand or waves it off as something else more insignificant.

Either way, unless he truly starts falling in love with Nagi, I doubt their relationship will go anywhere beyond the master-servant thing they have now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2009 10:48 AM

Jul 2009
Well, I've seen that kind of comedy before, and it just doesn't make me laugh. One of the BIG reasons I continued the first season was because of the references. It makes me laugh just to hear the BLEEPs every few seconds even when I don't get all of them hahaha.

One problem with season two is that it's REALLY close to the manga where it's almost a direct adaptation. Which is sometimes nice...but I really liked SynergyP's original stuff. Direct adaptations can be pretty boring sometimes.

Another problem is that it's pretty obvious that J.C. Staff is kissing up to the majority of fans with the abundant Hinagiku appearances. They even made the ending theme about her ugh. This show is about a girl and her butler, not a boy and the school council president.

Well I really hope it goes in that direction eventually. But I have this nagging feeling it won't. I have a really strong feeling that Hayate won't end up with anyone. Because he IS pretty close to Nagi and if he had a relationship with someone else....it wouldn't really work out.
Aug 29, 2009 3:33 PM

May 2009
I don't have a problem with J.C.Staff's adaptation. I think it was a good move that they gave the second season to them. Hina's presence is not much different than in the manga as far as I heard (as I too don't read the manga). They made it clear that Hina is fan favorite in an earlier episode and as such, she may have gotten a bit more screen time, but it's not like the show revolves around her and Hayate.

Anyway, we can only wait and see whether Hayate will end up with Nagi, some other girl or no one at all. I think it's in Hayate's best interest to stay as ignorant as he is now, as Nagi is clingy and extremely jealous and it would probably be VERY bad if he decided to go for anyone else but her.

Best solution at this point in time would be that Nagi would stop going after Hayate and wish him luck with whatever girl he picks (should he decide to do so, assuming it would be any other girl than Nagi). If she kept him employed as her butler, she'd still have him close to her at any time of day, so both parties would win, even though she would have to do the largest concession. But, given Nagi's personality, I doubt she'd ever accept that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2014 1:23 AM
Jan 2014
i am a huge fan of Nagi-tan too XD

anyway i ship Nagi with Himegami - her former butler :p not Hayate
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What quality do you like about Nagi?

niwa87 - May 6, 2008

14 by SanzeninMoeNagi »»
Jan 29, 2014 1:22 AM

» Nagi Pictures ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Gilneas - Jul 14, 2008

322 by Wolfnagi »»
Apr 15, 2010 1:23 AM

» Help Nagi in the Tsundere Tournament !

Mic2070 - Sep 13, 2008

0 by Mic2070 »»
Sep 13, 2008 11:57 AM

» What quality that you like abaout Nagi?

niwa87 - May 6, 2008

0 by niwa87 »»
May 6, 2008 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.